Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
How does a guy so tall have such tiny feet. Those are the same size as mine, I sort of want to buy them because my pair is totally beat up after 150k miles of riding in them, plus 3 track crashes. Gah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012
Anyone want a Clymer Kawasaki Ninja 500(1987-2002) manual and a Kawasaki Ninja 500 (2007) owner's manual? Just Paypal me $5 to mail them and they are yours. Post your e-mail if you want 'em.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
Yeah, I'll take the Clymer. XXX is my email addy.

DEUCE SLUICE fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 17, 2013

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

Yeah, I'll take the Clymer. [redacted for national security] is my email addy.

E-mailing you now.

Anyone want a copy of Motorcycles for Dummies? Same deal, just asking for the $5 to ship it. Leave your e-mail if you want it, 'else I'm donating it.

MarquisDeCarabas fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Oct 18, 2013

JohnnyDangerously
Aug 3, 2007
Disgruntled
http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/mcy/4147791777.html

In order to make room, I'm selling my 2012 Triumph Street Triple R. $7750 in Goon bucks.

Bike is located on Long Island New York

Included:
Arrows 3 into 1 exhaust w/ engine mapping
Rizoma mirrors
TechSpec C6 Tank side pads
Fender eliminator
Rear hugger
Stock Mirrors
Stock Exhaust
Stock Rear fender
Rear tire with sub 2k miles on it (nail puncture)

All scheduled maintenance has been performed by the dealership (exhaust oil changes, done by me).

If you're on this forum, there's no need for me to sell you on the capabilities of this bike. I love it, and it will be hard to see it go.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I have a Honda CR80 complete engine gasket set if anyone wants it - I bought the wrong set and can no longer return this one.

Athena Complete Gasket Kit P400210850085

I just don't want to toss it, so I'll let it go for $10 shipped.

mainks
Jun 13, 2013

If anyone near Iowa is looking for a good deal on a 2001 SV650 shoot me a PM.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I've got a few things a friend gave to me to try to fit on my DRZ. I'll send them to goons for the price of shipping. I'm in Connecticut.

I believe these gators will fit a 41 mm fork.

Same with these

These handguards will fit a DRZ, I just had better ones. I've got the hardware too. Should be for any 7/8" bar.

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011
I could use a set of hand guards, I don't have dm though. Could you send me an email:
<redacted>

tbb9 fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Nov 13, 2013

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012
I need to buy a Clymer or similar shop manual for an 83 Suzuki GS750 if anyone has one laying around. I'll have to order one by the end of tomorrow (if nobody here has one), I have the bike sitting in a storage unit and I can't wait to get started on it.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

I have a barely-worn High Velocity Gear Juggernaut pressure suit that's taking up space.

Size XL/2XL with 7 plates.

http://www.highvelocitygear.com/juggernaut.html

It's extremely well made and very protective. I wore it maybe 3 or 4 times, so it's practically new. No smells, marks, stains, falls, etc. They sell for $189 new, so maybe $160 shipped for this one that's like-new (obo)? PM me if you're interested.

LifeSizePotato fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Nov 16, 2013

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Selling an '01 Bandit 1200 K&L petcock rebuild kit. Didn't fix my broken petcock so I'm selling it to somebody who it might! They're $40+ shipping new so I'm thinking $30 shipped and you get the old petcock if you want to salvage parts!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Ducats fo' sale
2005 Ducati 999
$5900 - Could be interested in trades for a Husky 610 + cash, or an older Ninja 250 + cash.
Salvage title in hand
~12.5k miles

This was the wife's bike - she rode it for 2k miles and then decided that she wanted to go back to sumos. We've had it for about 6 months, and it's been great in that time. A part of me is tempted to strip all of the bling stuff off of the bike and turn it into a trackbike, but I figured I'd give it a shot just listed straight off first.

Bike was repaired by Munroe Motors after it's crash - all under the PO. Apparently it was crashed at around 2-3k miles, and then rebuilt. Everything has checked out since then, no way of knowing it has been salvaged save the title and the non-OEM paint.

Recent maintenance:
Belts, air filters, spark plugs, oil, filter, etc, new battery, done at ~10k. New brake pads (EBC HH pads) and brake fluid (Castrol SRX) at 12k.

Mods

Ergonomic stuff:
Gilles Chain Adjusters
ABM/LSL Handlebar kit
Gilles Rearsets
Corbin seat
Pazzo levers

Cosmetic stuff:
Oberon Bar End Turn signals
Oberon Bar end mirrors
Integrated Rear turn signals
Carbon Fiber front fender

Suspension:
Ohlins rear shock, front and rear suspension sprung for a 140-180 pound rider. Set up by Dave Moss
CSC Hyperpro damper

Cosmetic stuff:
Speedomoto Sprocket cover
Speedymoto EVO water pump cover
Speedomoto crank case cover
Speedymoto open clutch cover
Speedomoto gas cap

Tuning:
Nemesis ECU, tuned by Desmoto for the gutted stock exhaust on it
Tuned for the current exhaust (stock but with the cats removed)

Extras:
Vortex clipons
Set of beat up plastics for track use

The bad:
Salvage title
The bike was not painted all that well and is peeling around the gas cap and some of the OEM red is showing through on the tailsection
It's occasionally hard starting from cold if you don't get the choke right although I hear that's sort of a 999 thing.
The valves were supposedly checked at 8k and were fine, but it's about due for a check.

I think that about covers it. Questions?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Sold.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

ChewedFood posted:

I need to buy a Clymer or similar shop manual for an 83 Suzuki GS750 if anyone has one laying around. I'll have to order one by the end of tomorrow (if nobody here has one), I have the bike sitting in a storage unit and I can't wait to get started on it.

Here ya go... print it from a PDF:
http://www.mtsac.edu/~cliff/storage/gs/GS750E-ES_Shop_Manual_1983.pdf

A whole mess of other useful tidbits:
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012

Thanks but I already have the electronic one. I wanted a paper copy because I have to drive to the storage unit to work on the bike. I just do the reading at home, it's been working out.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
Time for a three-ring binder. Upsides to printing an electronic version is that a binder will let the pages lay flat (instead of fighting a spine) and vinyl page sleeves wipe right off; books, not so much.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I have an FMF pipe for a DRZ and a Two Brothers pipe for an FZ1 - best offer.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles
I posted a thread in SA Mart if you are so inclined to buy through there but I thought I'd post here too. I apologize if I messed up in some way.

I own a motorcycle store, sell on Amazon and also supply a lot of these parts to various Ebay stores and online stores that deal with this kind of stuff. I'm a certified dealer and work with part makers and suppliers such as NGK Spark Plugs, EBC Brakes, Icon Motorsports, GoPro, Joe Rocket, Rocky Mountain ATV/MC and Shoei. I am also able to get OEM Kawasaki parts at dealer prices.

Here are some of the most frequent sellers that I'll happily provide goons at retail prices:

-GoPro Cameras, including the recently released 2014 GoPro 3+ Black and Silver Editions (which have been on back order in various outlets since like October)

-Sena and UClear HBC200 and 200Dual helmet bluetooth communicators

-Shoei Helmets and replacement shields

-Icon Helmets and replacement shields

-Icon motorcycle jackets

-NGK Spark Plugs for all motorcycle makes and models as well as ATVs and snowmobiles and whatever the hell else tickles your fancy. (As for the non-riding goons, I can order plugs for your cars as well if you provide me with the make and model or Item #)

-EBC brake pads for all motorcycle makes and models

Just ask me about whatever item you might be interested in even if it's not up the list. I have a huge inventory and can order pretty much anything for dealer prices and pass on the savings to ya'll. I'll get back to you with a price quote and then you simply decide if it works for you or not.

I take Paypal, ship fast and for free.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I'm thinking about buying a gopro black...how much would that be?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Can you get replacement parts for Vortex rearsets? :v:

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
B8HIX and BR8EIX?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Anyone want a PC3 or X-TRE? I think the XTRE will fit a shitload of other bikes but I can't guarantee poo poo. Both off a 2006 GSX-R 750.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Ergh I should probably buy those but so poor right now :(

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Z3n posted:

Ergh I should probably buy those but so poor right now :(

Sent you a PM.

Ghost Cactus
Dec 25, 2006
Buy my F4i!

I'm moving at the end of the month, and as much as it breaks my heart to do it, I need to sell my bike.

Edit: I'm an idiot and forgot to say where I am. I'm in El Paso, Texas.

2005 Honda CBR600 F4i with 36,000 miles. Asking $3,500 for bike, parts, and accessories. It's in excellent condition and runs great. Never crashed. I dropped it in my driveway a few times due to klutziness.

IMG_2183-12:4:2013 by Ghost Cactus, on Flickr

Comes with frame sliders, bar sliders, tank grips on the sides and the top, factory toolkit, aftermarket high visibility brake lights, and flush turn signals. I also have the factory manual, the Haynes manual, and a throttle lock.

IMG_2186-12:4:2013 by Ghost Cactus, on Flickr

Included in $3,500: DID X-ring chain, chain break tool, new front and rear Renthal sprockets, Battery Tender Jr., oil filter wrench, new K&N air filter, and Pit Bull stand that fits spooled and unspooled bikes.

IMG_1986-11:26:2013 by Ghost Cactus, on Flickr

IMG_1989-11:26:2013 by Ghost Cactus, on Flickr

IMG_1997-11:26:2013 by Ghost Cactus, on Flickr

I'm giving you guys a day or two before I post it on Craigslist. I love this bike, and I want a nice person to enjoy it.

I bought the bike for $3,000 three(ish) years ago from a kind goon, and I'm asking $3,500 to include the stand, chain, sprockets, etc. Make me an offer.

I can ride it a little ways for you to pick up, but then you'll miss out on most of the goodies. I can't do any multi-day ride and fly sort of things, unfortunately.

Here's an old glamor shot:

DSC_8292 04-2011 by Ghost Cactus, on Flickr

Link to SA Mart thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3591731

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
That's a minty-rear end F4i... watch it get turned into a stuntbike.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

F4i's are such good looking bikes even today. Amazing considering the time period that they came from spawned some of the ugliest bikes

JohnnyDangerously
Aug 3, 2007
Disgruntled
Still selling my 2012 Triumph Street Triple R. Goon price $7350

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/mcy/4224157329.html

Deadly Mongoose
May 27, 2006

Please give me terrible avatar that is awesome

Ghost Cactus posted:

Buy my F4i!

I'm moving at the end of the month, and as much as it breaks my heart to do it, I need to sell my bike.

Edit: I'm an idiot and forgot to say where I am. I'm in El Paso, Texas.

2005 Honda CBR600 F4i with 36,000 miles. Asking $3,500 for bike, parts, and accessories. It's in excellent condition and runs great. Never crashed. I dropped it in my driveway a few times due to klutziness.

IMG_2183-12:4:2013 by Ghost Cactus, on Flickr

Comes with frame sliders, bar sliders, tank grips on the sides and the top, factory toolkit, aftermarket high visibility brake lights, and flush turn signals. I also have the factory manual, the Haynes manual, and a throttle lock.

IMG_2186-12:4:2013 by Ghost Cactus, on Flickr

Included in $3,500: DID X-ring chain, chain break tool, new front and rear Renthal sprockets, Battery Tender Jr., oil filter wrench, new K&N air filter, and Pit Bull stand that fits spooled and unspooled bikes.

IMG_1986-11:26:2013 by Ghost Cactus, on Flickr

IMG_1989-11:26:2013 by Ghost Cactus, on Flickr

IMG_1997-11:26:2013 by Ghost Cactus, on Flickr

I'm giving you guys a day or two before I post it on Craigslist. I love this bike, and I want a nice person to enjoy it.

I bought the bike for $3,000 three(ish) years ago from a kind goon, and I'm asking $3,500 to include the stand, chain, sprockets, etc. Make me an offer.

I can ride it a little ways for you to pick up, but then you'll miss out on most of the goodies. I can't do any multi-day ride and fly sort of things, unfortunately.

Here's an old glamor shot:

DSC_8292 04-2011 by Ghost Cactus, on Flickr

Link to SA Mart thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3591731

*sniff*

I was just talking about this bike the other day.

Good to see you doubled the mileage on it. Great versatile bike for anyone.

Ghost Cactus
Dec 25, 2006

Deadly Mongoose posted:

*sniff*

I was just talking about this bike the other day.

Good to see you doubled the mileage on it. Great versatile bike for anyone.

Hi you! I hope you've been well. :) I remember fetching this bike fondly. So fondly, in fact, that I really don't know if I'm going to be okay with selling it! The place I'm moving has a garage, and that got me thinking...

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
Anyone have a Givi Monokey topcase lying around they want to sell me?

tirinal
Feb 5, 2007
I'm looking to offload a pair of Sidi Adventure Goretex boots in US 9.5/EU 43. Any interest?

It's this model. I generously applied mink oil to get rid of the squeaking and wore them on an easy 10-minute ride to confirm that the sizing wasn't right for me. Otherwise they look and feel completely brand new.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Z3n posted:

I'm thinking about buying a gopro black...how much would that be?

They retail at $399.99 but I'd do them for $349.99. I'm still on the waiting list for the Black Edition with the GoPro as they flew off the shelves. I'm hoping I'd get them before X-mas.

I do have GoPro 3+ (Plus) Silver Editions in stock. They retail at $299.99 and I can do them $240.00-$250.00 shipped.

BlackMK4 posted:

Can you get replacement parts for Vortex rearsets?

Yes. I do work with Vortex. Give me a part number.

DefaultPeanut posted:

B8HIX and BR8EIX?
B8HIX does not bring anything up in my system. I do have the NGK BR8EIX 5044 plugs. $25.00 shipped for a 4-pack.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Toymachine posted:

Yes. I do work with Vortex. Give me a part number.

RS553DK

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

$55.00. I'd have to special order it from Vortex and these take a bit longer (5-7 days) than the usual next day orders I receive.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Multistrada and SV650 for sale in the bay area:
2006 Ducati Multistrada 620
~38k miles
Salvage title
$1800

The good:
It's a cheap multistrada
Engine runs
Arrow slipons
Oberon Slave cylinder
Speedymoto frame sliders
Axle sliders
Clutch replaced ~3k miles ago
Newish pirelli diablos

The bad:
It's been down on both sides
transmission is stuck between gears - might be an easy fix, might not. I'm not messing with it.
Cosmetically rough from sitting outside

This bike is just waiting for someone with a nice Ducati engine sitting in the garage to R/R it and turn it into a sweet streetfighter or something.

I was considering making a bad decision with a 999 engine and the bike but in the end, sanity (lack of time) prevailed.

Pictures:

2006 SV650S
Clean Title, currently non-op
6506 miles
$4100 OBO

Mods:
GSX-R front end
SS front brake lines
R6 Master cylinder
Ohlins rear shock
Frame sliders
Solo seat
Flushmount front signals

Maintenance done recently:
Oil change
Brake fluid flush
New battery

The good:
Low mileage, nice bike, been on the track a few times.

The bad:
Dropped once at low speed, see pictures. Bike has been garaged, but tires are old, despite having plenty of tread left. I have the gauge surround/inner fairing, but it doesn't fit very nicely with the GSX-R front end. Could be installed if someone was willing to mess with it for awhile.

The pictures:

The damage:

This would be a great starter bike. Suspension is done, engine is nice and manageable, and it's already been down once so you don't have to worry about dropping it :)

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!

Toymachine posted:

Here are some of the most frequent sellers that I'll happily provide goons at retail prices:
-EBC brake pads for all motorcycle makes and models

Just ask me about whatever item you might be interested in even if it's not up the list. I have a huge inventory and can order pretty much anything for dealer prices and pass on the savings to ya'll. I'll get back to you with a price quote and then you simply decide if it works for you or not.

I take Paypal, ship fast and for free.

Can I get a price on pads front/rear for a 2006 Honda ST1300. Part numbers - if I remember correctly - are EBC FA261HH (front) and EBC FA261/2HH (rear)

Also, out of sheer curiosity, a price on Firstgear HT Air Overpands.

my email is my username @gmail

OneOverZero
Oct 14, 2005

JET FUEL CAN'T MELT SEALED BEAMS
2005 Suzuki SV650, YC2 blue, 17,600mi, salvage title from ~2010 - $2300 OBO or some TW200 action in the fine city of Asheville, NC! I've owned it since 2011 with the intent to prep it for VIR or Road Atlanta, but got into ChumpCar instead. Bike has seen some real talk though everything works as it should with cosmetic damage (see below). Kept indoors and performed all regular & preventative maintenance with or ahead of schedule. Has new Continental ContiMotion ZR tires (not yet mounted, carcass date code May 2013) and fresh Galfer brake pads (green compound from what I remember). Both master cylinders are recently rebuilt with OEM components and front brake lines are new parallel Spieglers with an extra 2.0". Chain (DID O-ring 520) and sprockets (15/47t, IIRC) have ~500mi. Exhaust is a stainless M4 header with CF can so it sounds spectacular but at twice the volume I'd like.
Bars are Renthal tall street 7/8” with new ProGrip dirt grips and OEM mirrors. I have the OEM passenger pillon seat in addition to the factory color-matched pillon delete panel. Battery is a fresh Bikemaster gel-cell. Also available are still-boxed Delkevic repro radiator and OEM fan that I bought for some reason, along with the PO's LED turn signals if you want to remove the OEM license plate bracket/fender that I painstakingly tracked down.

Bodywork bears some cosmetic damage from a spill last spring (rash and small dent on left side of tank, rear plastics, passenger grab handle, abrasion on steel muffler strap - see photo), and the right fork seal has recently developed a minor weep. Great opportunity to re-valve & -spring the fork if that’s your game. Seat has developed some small tears in recent weeks.

That said, it’s mechanically sound and has been a thrilling, rock-solid partner for nearly three years of all-seasons commuting and mountain riding. Were I a non-6'4" and more robust human being, I'd keep the SV and ride it to Alaska and back. In summer. Not now. I'd like some space in the garage for a Tiger 800, Sprint 1050, or Bandit 1250, so price is negotiable if you promise not to point and laugh at my sobbing as you pull away.

Immediately post-spill to show cosmetic damage - grip, mirror, rearset, lever/cable, etc have since been replaced.

As it sits currently.

OneOverZero fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jan 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Raven457 posted:

Can I get a price on pads front/rear for a 2006 Honda ST1300. Part numbers - if I remember correctly - are EBC FA261HH (front) and EBC FA261/2HH (rear)

Also, out of sheer curiosity, a price on Firstgear HT Air Overpands.

my email is my username @gmail

I will let you know the price tomorrow when I go in. Crazy snowstorm today. I should be able to order the pants as well. I'll email you the prices.