Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Famous TV Dad posted:

Can't watch the stream since I'm at work but if they are unifying accounts does that mean games purchased will finally be account bound instead of system bound?

Don't get your hopes up. All they said is that they are combining eShop balances on the 3DS and WiiU eShop. That is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Oh boy, two games that look they came out of RPG Maker!

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Astro7x posted:

Don't get your hopes up. All they said is that they are combining eShop balances on the 3DS and eShop. That is all.

Ugh, Nintendo I would buy so much poo poo from you if you would do this.

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010
I want Shin Megami Tensei 4 :(

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Sonic R style Mario looks like a blast.

Edit: Aw poo poo, Rosalina playable :aaaaa:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Fancy Hat! posted:

Like all 3DS focused Directs, I'll keep my candle lit for any word on the Dragon Quest 7 remake in the US. But alas, it's a fools errand. I'm not sure VI sold well enough, or not. Whatever the case may be.

It gets harder and harder every Direct :(

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's the EU rundown:

-LTTP2 character overview; StreetPass details (fight other peoples' Links as Shadow Battles, earn mad rupees), new trailer with lots of new footage, Out Nov. 22, but you already knew that. Limited-edition XL bundle, but you knew that too.

-Bravely Default overview; covers brave/default battle systems, character customisation, fast-forward, wireless/social features Out Dec. 6. Collectors' Edition includes 32 AR cards, art book, cd, anime babe figurine. Demo available now! (EN-only)

-Mario Party Island Tour overview; sure looks like Mario Party. Out January 17.

-Inazua Eleven 3 Super Turbo Deluxe Whatever coming out February 14. Dang, you dudes are getting milked.

-System update coming next month; will include NNID Wii U/3DS cross-compatibility (unified wallet), Miiverse, Youtube. About drat time!

-Jett Rocket 2 (eShop) overview/trailer; 60FPS 3D is nice, I guess. Out now!

-eShop sizzle reel (Wii U/3DS): QUBE, Scram Kitty, Shantae 3, Armillo, Picross, Pier Solar, Putty Squad, Teslagrad, Treasurenauts, Wooden Sen'Sey, Retro City Rampage, UnEpic, Siesta Fiesta, Shovel Knight

-Nintendo Pocket Football Club (aka Calciobit) coming to eShop in 2014! Pseudo-retro soccer/management game, includes online play. Neat!

-Animal Crossing Plaza update (Wii U); they're adding the Miiverse stamps a la 3D World, and will be adding 'em to more games in future. Usable only in the communities of that specific game. Also adding regular Miiverse polls and other tweaks. Available tomorrow (November 14).

-Pikmin 3 (Wii U) DLC Volume 3 info; these levels will be all-new (beach stage! Christmas stage!) and include new objectives (hidden Louies?) 8 stages total, out December 2. Additional 2 free stages available on the same day via system update.

-Wii Fit U Trial (Wii U) overview; you dudes already know how this works, right?

-Wii Sports Club (Wii U) overview; same old, no new info.

-Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) "10 New Things" trailer (spoilers, maybe). "Luigi Bros" minigame unlockable immediately with Luigi U save data. Unlockable 5th character!

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

So if I didn't really enjoy the ds final fantasy remakes, is there a chance I would enjoy bravely default.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Astro7x posted:

Don't get your hopes up. All they said is that they are combining eShop balances on the 3DS and WiiU eShop. That is all.
Also they said that getting a Network ID isn't mandatory on 3DS to buy new games so it doesn't sound like the kind of account system people actually want on the system.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Pyrovile posted:

Also they said that getting a Network ID isn't mandatory on 3DS to buy new games so it doesn't sound like the kind of account system people actually want on the system.

No, but it is a huge step in the right direction, especially with Miiverse

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

dylan14 posted:

So if I didn't really enjoy the ds final fantasy remakes, is there a chance I would enjoy bravely default.

No doubt EU dudes (like me) will be downloading the demo as soon as it's up and give our impressions.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Terper posted:

No doubt EU dudes (like me) will be downloading the demo as soon as it's up and give our impressions.

Thanks. It looks fun, but I could not get into those remakes. Hopefully it turns out better then those :)

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Ugh, still bummed at the lack of SMTIV localization announcement.

And annoyed at the continued lack of VC announcements. It has to be literally the least amount of effort involved to fill in their at often times barren release schedule and they still aren't bothering with it.

It boggles the mind that SMB3 was announced two Directs ago and it still hasn't been made available or even given a release window.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Pyrovile posted:

At the very least, it is a concrete something that will have a list of your purchases tied to it, so recovering your stuff should not be that hard. Hoping for an actual account system when one isn't in place even on WiiU is kind of, well, hopeless.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

You mean I won't have to sit down and talk to a hard boiled alcoholic detective in order to get my games back after I leave my 3DS on an airplane?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Terper posted:

I am literally waiting for the demo to pop up on the eShop right now.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Miiverse won't really replace Swapnote. The fact it is moderated implies that lewd stuff is straight up gone (no matter how dumb or badly drawn) and some critical material pointed to Nintendo and/or other companies may be off the table as well. I wouldn't want my email provider to moderate the messages I send to friends, so Nintendo doing exactly that pleases me not.

No signs of SMTIV for Europe either. The first person who says "drat, you are lucky to get Layton and Bravely Default earlier than us yankees" has no idea what they're talking about.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club (that is a mouthfull) reminds me Sega hasn't plans to release Football Manager on the 3DS. That's rather dumb considering they supported the PSP till its last breath in Europe and have versions of it for Android (piracy heaven where barely any company makes money) and (I think) the Vita.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Nov 13, 2013

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

I am literally waiting for the demo to pop up on the eShop right now.

Sixth try!

edit: nope

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Playing LoZ: Oracle of Seasons on my 3ds. Did some rings not work originally (cracked floors don't break, L-2 Heart Ring doesn't regenerate hearts) or is that an issue with the port?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Terper posted:

Sixth try!

edit: nope

It's OUT! Time to download it!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

PJOmega posted:

Playing LoZ: Oracle of Seasons on my 3ds. Did some rings not work originally (cracked floors don't break, L-2 Heart Ring doesn't regenerate hearts) or is that an issue with the port?

Did you actually equip the rings, or are they just in your inventory? You can only wear one at a time.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

PJOmega posted:

Are you sure you're equipping the rings? Like the shop owner keeps reminding you, rings do nothing unless equipped. You need to switch to the second status screen and actually select the ring there to equip it.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Are you sure you're equipping the rings? Like the shop owner keeps reminding you, rings do nothing unless equipped. You need to switch to the second status screen and actually select the ring there to equip it.

Yes, I've equipped 3 (L-2 Ring Box). Red Ring works but L-2 Heart Ring and Roc's Ring seem to be having no effect.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

The Bravely Default demo is 1876 blocks.

I really need a new SD card.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

PJOmega posted:

Yes, I've equipped 3 (L-2 Ring Box). Red Ring works but L-2 Heart Ring and Roc's Ring seem to be having no effect.

You can only have one ring equipped at a time. You have three with you but only the Red Ring is equipped.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

PJOmega posted:

That doesn't mean you have them equipped. Only the one with an "E" on it is equipped. The ring box just lets you carry several at a time so you can switch on the fly, rather than having to go back to the shop to switch every time.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

The only thing I don't like about Nintendo Pocket Football Club is that it's EU only. Some of us in America enjoy FM games too :smith:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Handsome Ralph posted:

The only thing I don't like about Nintendo Pocket Football Club is that it's EU only. Some of us in America enjoy FM games too :smith:
Well some of us in Europe want to play SMTIV t:mad:

Seriously though, a release date would be nice. Having nothing except "Yeah it's getting a release at some point" is kind of annoying.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:

PJOmega posted:

Hit start, then select (Inventory screen to Key Item screen), go to the box, and select which ring you wanna wear with A. The regen ring takes a little bit, and it's kind of overpowered.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

RyokoTK posted:

That doesn't mean you have them equipped. Only the one with an "E" on it is equipped. The ring box just lets you carry several at a time so you can switch on the fly, rather than having to go back to the shop to switch every time.

Ah, thank you. My mistake on that.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Holy poo poo, I only just got out of the city you start in and got to the world map after rearranging my jobs (Tiz is a Swordmaster, Agnès is a Knight, Ringabel is a Red Mage and Edea is a Valkyrie) and this demo is way bigger than I imagined. Several rewards you can get if you take it to the main game depending on how much you accomplish in the demo, you can register friends and rebuild a town and wowza.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Currently looking over the stats of the characters: Tiz is rather balanced though he leans towards physical jobs, Agnes unsurprisingly has the best magic stats, Ringabell is the speediest of the four and with decent magic, and Edea Lee is your physical powerhouse. Of course, none of them should have so bad stats that they're literally unplayable in whatever class you give them.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Does anyone know if you can use Nintendo IDs across multiple devices? Like, I have two 3DSes, but I sometimes would like to have the downloaded content on one on the other or vice versa. Could I do that with a NNID?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
There's an interesting detail in the FAQ concerning NNID.

Nintendo posted:

I have used Nintendo eShop in different regions, and I have funds in multiple currencies in my balance. What will happen to these funds after I register a Nintendo Network ID?

After registering a Nintendo Network ID, you will be unable to change regions and use multiple currencies – for instance, pounds and euros – in Nintendo eShop. The funds in the currency that corresponds to the country setting of your Nintendo Network ID will remain, and any funds in other currencies will be deleted and no longer usable. Please make sure to use up any other currencies before registering a Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo 3DS system.

This is in Europe, but I guess residents of Alaska might feel a bit cautious.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

noirstronaut posted:

Does anyone know if you can use Nintendo IDs across multiple devices? Like, I have two 3DSes, but I sometimes would like to have the downloaded content on one on the other or vice versa. Could I do that with a NNID?

Well, according to the FAQ I just linked, no.

Nintendo posted:

As the rights of usage for software you have purchased apply only to a single Nintendo 3DS family system, you can only register your Nintendo Network ID on one system.

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012
Starting tomorrow, for NA, there be sales on Eshop for the next few weeks. This week is starting with Legend of Zelda games. Looks like the following weeks will be Megaman, Mario, and Donkey Kong.

http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rexroom posted:

Well, according to the FAQ I just linked, no.

PSN only allows two systems at a time, so it's not that big of a deal I would think.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Saoshyant posted:

Miiverse won't really replace Swapnote. The fact it is moderated implies that lewd stuff is straight up gone (no matter how dumb or badly drawn) and some critical material pointed to Nintendo and/or other companies may be off the table as well. I wouldn't want my email provider to moderate the messages I send to friends, so Nintendo doing exactly that pleases me not.

Scandal hits the world of Animal Crossing when it turns out you can easily send mail to other players in the next installment from your own town post office, but the pelicans read the mail to make sure nothing lewd is included.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Dehry posted:

PSN only allows two systems at a time, so it's not that big of a deal I would think.

But PSN allows you to switch between them at any point in time, with no hoops to jump through. Deactivate one system, activate the other, and you instantly have access to all your games (and saves if you're a PS+ member!).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Imagine a game with a refined Final Fantasy 5 battle and job system, with an aesthetic combining Final Fantasy 9 and Final Fantasy Tactics, music composed by the same group that did the Attack on Titan openings, and imagine it portable.

Imagine Bravely Default. :allears:

Seriously though, it took a bit for it to get its groove going, but once it did and I managed to make some combos, oh man. Agnès is a Knight, using Ironclad (massively boosts her defense), Nothing Ventured (cuts damage taken in half, and then does double the damage it would normally do back to the enemy), as well as 2-Handed and Multitask (Chance to attack again after using Attack). I hope Knight gets a Taunt ability soon because when it does :awesome: And I'm still not done with this demo, it's super big.
Protip: Pressing L in battle will automatically use Brave for you, and R Default. No need to go down to Brave every time.

• Locked thread