Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
To be honest, aside from a couple people those forums were quite dead already. Coincidentally, Sega.jp is supposed to shut down for maintenance this evening(in Japan) as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Finally finished SMT4 the other day on the Law route. Luckily I just got Soul Hackers in the mail to fill the void before I feel like replaying 4. I'll probably do Persona 4 again before I do that.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Armor-Piercing posted:

Sega is already improving the brand.

But all those topics of value, like the fake Persona 5 interpretation thread!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

El Belmondo posted:

But all those topics of value, like the fake Persona 5 interpretation thread!

What was the significance of the J-Pop remix of Pink Floyd's "The Wall?"

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

"Hey Atlus I think you should localize this really bad, super niche JRPG for PSP in the year of our Lord 2013 and give it a super cool physical release with optional collector's edition and also it has to be subs only and you can't make it digital only and I demand you translate it the way the fansubbers did." - Like half of the content on Atlus' forums.

I wonder sometimes why these companies even have suggestion forums. It's just going to be people demanding dumb poo poo like PS3 Umineko or whatever.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I've always suspected it's some sort of mandatory public service these companies have to engage in in an attempt to corral these crazies in one place.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
At least they had the good taste of wanting Eternal Punishment Portable.

I will keep dreaming the impossible dream... :smith:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JohnLHardin/status/400051981785370624

Japan HQ is visiting Atlus USA. Take from it what you will. That's a pretty sweet poster though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Policenaut posted:

I wonder sometimes why these companies even have suggestion forums. It's just going to be people demanding dumb poo poo like PS3 Umineko or whatever.
Trust me, there were much more insane suggestions. PS3 Umineko is almost reasonable until you realize how much loving text that would be - not to mention the insane amount of VA work if you gave it a dub.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Endorph posted:

Trust me, there were much more insane suggestions. PS3 Umineko is almost reasonable until you realize how much loving text that would be - not to mention the insane amount of VA work if you gave it a dub.

What always killed me was when these huge threads became "Oh man look how many people support us this can't fail!" and they don't realize it's basically the same 20 people posting over and over again about how they want the game. I forget some of the zanier suggestions but I clearly recall a few of them asking for poo poo like Gal*Gun.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
I know it's pretty obvious that the announcement later this month will be P5, but if you needed more confirmation here's something a guy on Neogaf noticed:

quote:

I think the p-ch.jp domain is for Persona 5, and here is why.

Go to http://persona5.jp/ right now. No longer is the site saying "This domain is registered for use on Onamae.com"

The site now displays a "403 Forbidden", meaning they are setting up the site, but not only that. There is proof that the site was just recently updated today.

Take a look at the whois.

Domain Information:
[Domain Name] PERSONA5.JP

[Registrant] Index corporation.

[Name Server] 01.dnsv.jp
[Name Server] 02.dnsv.jp
[Name Server] 03.dnsv.jp
[Name Server] 04.dnsv.jp
[Signing Key]

[Created on] 2013/06/25
[Expires on] 2014/06/30
[Status] Active
[Last Updated] 2013/11/12 11:34:52 (JST)

Contact Information:
[Name] Whois Privacy Protection Service by onamae.com
[Email] proxy@whoisprotectservice.com
[Web Page]
[Postal code] 150-8512
[Postal Address] Shibuya-ku
26-1 Sakuragaoka-cho
Cerulean Tower 11F
[Phone] 03-0364-8727
[Fax]

Yes, the site was last updated today, on November 12, 2013.

Be prepared, guys.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!

Welp, almost time to find out if I need to rebuy a Vita or not. I'd be surprised if it wasn't on PS3, though.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So apparently there's a SMT fangame in the works that actually looks kinda neat. Who the gently caress knows if it'll actually pan out or not but I like the sprites/touch up of old sprites at least.

http://devilcortex.tumblr.com/

http://devilcortex.tumblr.com/tagged/sprites

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm waiting to see the actual trailer before I get excited, but with the engine Catherine had I can't see any reason why P5 won't be great on either Vita or PS3.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 13, 2013

NIV3K
Jan 8, 2010

:rolleyes:

DeathBySpoon posted:

Welp, almost time to find out if I need to rebuy a Vita or not. I'd be surprised if it wasn't on PS3, though.
Is there supposed to be some announcement today or something?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I'm waiting to see the actual trailer before I get excited, but with the engine Catherine had I can't see any reason why P5 won't be great on either Vita or PS3.

Didn't they say that they weren't actually going to use Gamebryo for whatever they were doing next?

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

NIV3K posted:

Is there supposed to be some announcement today or something?

The announcement will be on the 24th, so it's a while longer. I hope they showcase P5 with a 20ish minute trailer like they did when they announced P3 and P4. :allears:

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Only 10 more days. I've waited so long.

Also I feel sad for the people at Atlus USA.
I hope those guys are gonna be ok.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
'Mysterious' new Atlus site up.

http://www.atlus.com/res/_testenvironment/1119/sc_c2.swf

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ah, I see the new Persona game is going to star a cast of unborn children. A logical place to go.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

They're announcing a new Trauma Center game? :aaa:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Is it on the Japanese site? If not, it's going to be some crappy survival horror game from a western developer.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Neo_Crimson posted:

They're announcing a new Trauma Center game? :aaa:

Oh god please be this.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Shin Megami Trauma Center - Use the Demon Operating Program to perform all manner of crimes against YHWH! The patient's soul is in your hands!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Maybe it's announcing the birth of the new Atlus USA.

It'll be, like, symbolic and poo poo.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

W.T. Fits posted:

Shin Megami Trauma Center - Use the Demon Operating Program to perform all manner of crimes against YHWH! The patient's soul is in your hands!

Surgically exorcising a demon-possessed patient would fit right into the Trauma Center series, to be honest.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Atlus Center for New Releases Women's Health Center

Persist 5
Gold 4
S|C 3
C2
Trint 2

There has to be some meaning to the text, and that baby probably has something wrong with it.

This is quite interesting too, since the JP devs are visiting this week.

Snix
Aug 31, 2012

After the war of great troll, he only stands. He now returns to the legendary city to seek revenge on the death of his village. Episode 1: "Legendary School Girl Bubble Gum! Will Senpai Notice Me!?"
I still had the site up while reading these posts. Then the beating started. Holy poo poo, that freaked me out more than it should have.

Dehry posted:

Persist 5
Gold 4
S|C 3
C2
Trint 2

There has to be some meaning to the text, and that baby probably has something wrong with it.

Huh, maybe they're words that sound similar to games that are coming out. Persist 5 would be Persona 5. And, uh, no idea what everything else is.

Snix fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 14, 2013

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dehry posted:

Persist 5
Gold 4
S|C 3
C2
Trint 2

If you believe that:

"Persist 5" would seem to be Persona 5
Gold 4 is probably referencing Persona 4 Golden. If it's being listed as a new release, maybe it's being ported to non-Vita systems?
S|C 3 I've got no idea about. Maybe Steambot Chronicles 3, assuming you consider Steambot Chronicles 2 to be the PSP game.
C2 maybe Catherine 2? Something else Atlus published that starts with a C?
Trint 2 is probably Trine 2. Atlus published that and it's a PS4 launch title now.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Nov 14, 2013

Snix
Aug 31, 2012

After the war of great troll, he only stands. He now returns to the legendary city to seek revenge on the death of his village. Episode 1: "Legendary School Girl Bubble Gum! Will Senpai Notice Me!?"
Wait, there's more.

EC9.4
TV.OB
S5JG
S.OSMt
PR80dB

Dunno if that's important, but S.OSMt screams "SMT" to me. Also, if the ones that DO mean something are all upcoming titles, then is P4G being ported, like ImpAtom suggested?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I would not get my hopes up over that stuff.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm trying to decompile the actionscript. My go to program seems to be failing and only giving useless metadata. Curiously this has been around since October 23rd

<xmp:CreateDate>2013-10-23T11:39:49-07:00</xmp:CreateDate>
<xmp:ModifyDate>2013-10-23T14:08:35-07:00</xmp:ModifyDate>

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Snix posted:

Wait, there's more.

EC9.4
TV.OB
S5JG
S.OSMt
PR80dB

Dunno if that's important, but S.OSMt screams "SMT" to me. Also, if the ones that DO mean something are all upcoming titles, then is P4G being ported, like ImpAtom suggested?

S5JG is obviously "SSJ Goku"

Clearly, Atlus is developing a Dragonball Z game.

Snix
Aug 31, 2012

Wait, there's a "baby makin'" JRPG coming out called Conception 2. Maybe Atlus is bringing it over? That could be the C2.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

That's no baby. There's a mask or something on its face.

E2: Speaking of Persona and fetuses

Ideo Hazama
Shadow Mitsuo although he's a lot less likely.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 14, 2013

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It could just be Daylight, considering that's about a woman waking up in a hospital and all.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

ImpAtom posted:

C2 maybe Catherine 2? Something else Atlus published that starts with a C?

Contact?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

ImpAtom posted:

Trint 2 is probably Trine 2. Atlus published that and it's a PS4 launch title now.

Trinity Soul 2, anyone? Anyone? No?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Oh dear god, please no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

No! Please, no!

..also that was NISA.

Edit: I am a dumbass and was thinking of Trinity Universe, but funnily enough my point still stands :v:

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Nov 15, 2013