Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

PriorMarcus posted:

I admired House of Cards more than I liked it. I'm really hoping Season Two lives up to the potential.

Also, Melissa Rosenberg, writer of all the Twilight films has been announced as the head writer for Netflix's Jessica Jones series.

That...makes a certain amount of sense, though I liked the idea of her last series (Red Widow) more than the execution of it. Good luck to her, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

I admired House of Cards more than I liked it. I'm really hoping Season Two lives up to the potential.

It was an odd show. It had all the signifiers of a prestige television drama but the storytelling itself was surprisingly lousy. It, of all the Netflix originals I've seen, felt the most like a show produced by an algorithm.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
To be entirely honest, the reason I haven't caught up more on Person of Interest is the rapturous way that people talk about it. I've seen the first 10 episodes of season 1 and I've really enjoyed what I've seen, but the constant nigh-orgasmic reactions people have to it are grating as hell, especially because I don't really see anything that exceptional about the show. I mean, it's very competent - well-acted, well-written, well-designed, etc. but I just don't see anything very special about it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BrooklynBruiser posted:

To be entirely honest, the reason I haven't caught up more on Person of Interest is the rapturous way that people talk about it. I've seen the first 10 episodes of season 1 and I've really enjoyed what I've seen, but the constant nigh-orgasmic reactions people have to it are grating as hell, especially because I don't really see anything that exceptional about the show. I mean, it's very competent - well-acted, well-written, well-designed, etc. but I just don't see anything very special about it.

Some extremely special stuff ends up happening, it just so happens that said stuff made me go "oh for gently caress's sake" and stop watching.

The Machine loving literally calls a woman in a mental hospital because she worships it or whatever.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BrooklynBruiser posted:

The series doesn't pop until a few episodes after where you stopped, to be fair and accurate.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

precision posted:

Some extremely special stuff ends up happening, it just so happens that said stuff made me go "oh for gently caress's sake" and stop watching.

The Machine loving literally calls a woman in a mental hospital because she worships it or whatever.

Just out of curiosity -- and I don't intend to put you on the defensive, at least not in a mean way -- what exactly do you think is happening with this?

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

PriorMarcus posted:

Also, Melissa Rosenberg, writer of all the Twilight films has been announced as the head writer for Netflix's Jessica Jones series.

I look forward to long stretches of no dialogue and lots of stammering.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

BrooklynBruiser posted:

I think what grabs people (certainly what I like) is that it takes what would ordinarily be little more than a plot device to drive the case of the week (supercomputer predicts crime), and uses it to create a much bigger story that hits a scifi sweet-spot lacking anywhere else. It's also the kind of show that lends itself to freeze-framing and rewinding; you can miss story details the way you'd miss jokes on The Simpsons.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I've not been inspired to dive into Person of Interest because I've gotten the sense that a lot of the excitement comes from sci fi fans who are getting an itch scratched they didn't expect a network cop procedural to scratch. I don't have that itch so I feel like I'll be underwhelmed.

DivisionPost posted:

That...makes a certain amount of sense, though I liked the idea of her last series (Red Widow) more than the execution of it. Good luck to her, I guess.

Does it? It's been years since I struggled through Twilight and even longer since I read Alias but aside from a female protaganist with issues I don't really see the similarity.

But I didn't watch the Twilight sequels so in the name of fairness I'll restrain from judgment.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I cannot believe that 30 Rock manages to get even better on a rewatch, but holy gently caress it does. I cannot believe the quality of the writing, the amazing quality of guest stars they managed (what other show will ever again get Al Gore, Aaron Sorkin, Condy Rice, Don Cheadle, Tom Hanks, Matt Damon...), the way that the characters never manage to get old...

ugh what a good show. I remembered the first seasons being good, but even at it's worst, it's still great, and the last season is crazy awesome.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Manos del Sino posted:

I look forward to long stretches of no dialogue and lots of stammering.

Turning a Brian Michael Bendis comic into that would be a pretty amazing accomplishment in and of itself.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

STAC Goat posted:

Does it? It's been years since I struggled through Twilight and even longer since I read Alias but aside from a female protaganist with issues I don't really see the similarity.

But I didn't watch the Twilight sequels so in the name of fairness I'll restrain from judgment.

Twilight I leave out of the equation because a book like that, you have absolutely no choice but to adapt it straight. I think at one point they talked to Stephanie Meyer about removing "SO THE LION FELL IN LOVE WITH THE LAMB," and her response was "Hey, it's your movie, but you know fans get that phrase tattooed on them, right?"

Four different directors -- including David "Hannibal" Slade and Bill loving Condon -- took swings at Twilight, and pretty much the same drat movie came out. You could have fifty different writers take a crack at the script, and they'd all be forced to take the same approach. The book is just too popular to allow any variations from the source material; you can't really judge the screenwriter by it. (FWIW, the same thing happened with the Robert Langdon movies, and I guarantee that Fifty Shades of Grey -- as if anyone but our mothers gave a poo poo about it -- will hit the same wall.)

---

Red Widow, though, you can totally judge Rosenberg for, and frankly it wasn't terribly engaging, so I don't hold much hope for the Jessica Jones series. Jones sounds like a great character, though, and I've got my fingers crossed for it to work out.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Nov 13, 2013

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DivisionPost posted:

Just out of curiosity -- and I don't intend to put you on the defensive, at least not in a mean way -- what exactly do you think is happening with this?

I think I said before, but in theory I like what they did - you know, if I read the plot summary and was asked "Should we do this?" I would say "Definitely!"

Just something about the actual execution of it got on my nerves, and I don't really know why. Which is a shame, because I loved the show up until a certain point. Last season's finale was where I did seinfeld.gif and I haven't checked out this season yet at all.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

precision posted:

I think I said before, but in theory I like what they did - you know, if I read the plot summary and was asked "Should we do this?" I would say "Definitely!"

Just something about the actual execution of it got on my nerves, and I don't really know why. Which is a shame, because I loved the show up until a certain point. Last season's finale was where I did seinfeld.gif and I haven't checked out this season yet at all.

I'm assuming you thought The Machine thinks it's a god and wants root to be it's messiah?

If so, that's not what happened AT ALL.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Zaggitz posted:

I'm assuming you thought The Machine thinks it's a god and wants root to be it's messiah?

If so, that's not what happened AT ALL.

No, I didn't think that - I basically thought the opposite, but regardless, the plot isn't what turned me off, just the way it was executed... it's hard to say, especially since it's been a while since I watched it and I've forgotten stuff.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well I can't wait for this to be way worse than the status quo.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/13/tech/web/netflix-tv-streaming/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I purposely avoid watching TV shows because of positive buzz, deal with it :smugbert:

precision posted:

Seems to me that you just have a comprehension problem, since this is not what happens at all.
I don't know how you could even mistaken this for what actually happens if you were paying the slightest amount of attention.

raditts fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 13, 2013

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

It looks way nicer, and the functionality looks pretty good. The social integration is poo poo, but hopefully you can just turn it off or ignore it.

Looking forward to trying it out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Joe Hill is working with Kurtzman and Orci to remake "Tales from the Darkside" for The CW. No word on whether this means they'll be redoing any of the original episodes or just creating a new anthology series in the same vein.

Its been forever since I've seen the show but I remember the original being fairly creepy.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

raditts posted:

Seems to me that you just have a comprehension problem, since this is not what happens at all.
I don't know how you could even mistaken this for what actually happens if you were paying the slightest amount of attention.

The first part of the sentence definitely, literally happened. :confused:

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

precision posted:

The first part of the sentence definitely, literally happened. :confused:

Well, yes, the Machine made a call. It's been established since the first season that the Machine communicates in this manner.

It's the rest of your sentence people were taking exception to, though I figured you were just being goofy.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

He doesn't want to watch it, let him not watch it. He's not missing out on sucking God's cock or anything guys.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I've not been inspired to dive into Person of Interest because I've gotten the sense that a lot of the excitement comes from sci fi fans who are getting an itch scratched they didn't expect a network cop procedural to scratch. I don't have that itch so I feel like I'll be underwhelmed.

That's not untrue. But if you'll permit me, the scene that first got people to take notice of PoI had no sci-fi hook to it at all.

Let me set it up: It was episode 4 of the first season. The Machine gives the team (Reese is the brawn, Finch is the brain) the number of a friendly ER doctor. Now, The Machine doesn't tell them if she's going to be a victim or a perpetrator; they have to investigate and figure it out for themselves. They see this kind, talented doctor, they see that she's entered the orbit of a guy who's been charged with rape multiple times, and they assume she's going to be a victim...

...all the way up to the point where she tazes the bastard and stuffs him into her trunk.

It turns out that her sister was one of his victims; she committed suicide shortly after the charges were dropped. So the doctor went out and bought everything you could possibly need to make a body disappear. Reese is experienced enough to know two things:

1.) She'll get away with it.
2.) She'll never forgive herself.

So Reese intervenes, talks her down, takes the car off her hands...

And then this happens.

That's right. Cut to credits, "SEE YOU NEXT WEEK FOLKS!" Outside of one unrelated incident that allows you to make an indirect inference as to what happened afterwards, this is never brought up again.

What kind of balls do you have to have to end an episode of a CBS procedural, one that has yet to get a back-nine order, like THAT? The show wasn't really great yet, but that picked up a lot of goodwill and carried it until the more naked sci-fi elements came into play.

That's the other thing: The show isn't necessarily as heavy on the sci-fi as you might believe, especially when it's starting out. Granted, those elements start to really come into focus at the end of the first season (owing to a well-placed music cue, one I'd say is up there with "Watchtower" in BSG and -- sorry -- "Don't Stop Believin'" in Glee), but up until now there's been a grounded police / political conspiracy thriller mixed in with the sci-fi element.

What I'm saying -- and I apologize if I'm being annoying, I know it's very easy to be this way when you REALLY love a show like I do -- is to give it a try anyway. A lot of people have different opinions as to when it gets good, and as a result, one gets the sense of goalposts often being moved. So let me try to be definitive.

Episode 4, which I just described, is a decent episode of television with an ending that promises some bite to the series as a whole.
Episode 7 is one of the first "legit" episodes of the show and properly introduces its first recurring antagonist.
Episode 9 is just okay, but goes a long way toward un-loving a character who was, at that point, peripheral at best.
Episode 22 is when the show starts reaching for the next level.

If you take this show up, and by episode 7 you couldn't give a single poo poo about any of the characters or anything that's happening in it, I'm confident that nothing that comes afterwards will change your mind, so you should drop the show.

Again, sorry if I'm being annoying. I know you said you weren't interested, I just went in wanting to adjust some preconceptions and couldn't resist the sales pitch.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 13, 2013

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

PriorMarcus posted:

He doesn't want to watch it, let him not watch it. He's not missing out on sucking God's cock or anything guys.

I don't really give a poo poo if he wants to watch it or not, but you don't have to make up half-assed reasons to justify yourself, just don't watch it.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

raditts posted:

I don't really give a poo poo if he wants to watch it or not, but you don't have to make up half-assed reasons to justify yourself, just don't watch it.

I don't see anything half-assed about what he said. It was just "this thing happened, I didn't like it, so I stopped watching." Just because you don't like that this thing directly led to him no longer wanting to watch the show doesn't make it an invalid reason.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This page is like a How To Guide for ensuring people don't watch that TV show you like.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This is all Occupations fault...

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Alright, alright, I'll watch these DVDs.

This weekend. Because Wednesday is easily the most jam-packed night of TV we have all week at my place.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

DivisionPost posted:

Again, sorry if I'm being annoying. I know you said you weren't interested, I just went in wanting to adjust some preconceptions and couldn't resist the sales pitch.
You're not being annoying, at least not to me. I appreciate a thought out and reasoned post like yours that puts forward why you like the show so much while not dismissing the reasons some people might not like it or not be as enamored as you. And honestly, its not that I'm not interested its more that I'm not interested enough. Here's a quick list of the other shows I haven't watched that I am just as much if not more interested in off the top of my head, from what was recently discussed in here, or with a quick scan of the first page of TV IV.

Orphan Black, Masters of Sex, The Bridge, The Americans, Vampire Diaries, The Tomorrow People, Arrow, the last season of The League and Always Sunny, the last few seasons of Supernatural, the last two seasons of American Horror Story, the last season of Modern Family, the last season or so of Doctor Who (I can never follow that show's schedule and breakdown but I think I'm at as far back as a year), Sleepy Hollow, Hannibal, the last season of New Girl, Brooklyn Nine Nine after the first couple of episodes, the last few seasons of How I Met Your Mother, Deadwood, Nurse Jackie, the last few seasons of Castle, the current season of Eastbound and Down, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Boardwalk Empire, Downtown Abbey, the last season of Shameless, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, and 100 others.

So you see, its not a question of no interest, I'm just a bad TV watcher who ends up compiling a huge list of shows I've falling behind on and its a question of what can push its way to the front of the line. For me neither the cop format nor the sci-fi element are big draws and even in that clip you showed me Caviezel seems like a bad and unengaging lead. But I've heard that people gain appreciation for his portrayal as the series goes on and that it feels more like a character choice than acting flaw (much like I've heard about a character/actor in Fringe, another show you can throw on that list). I hear what you're saying about it being a show with "balls" and the particular episode/story you shared.

And for what its worth I didn't really have it pegged as heavy sci-fi or anything. My impression was that it was just an undercurrent that really appealed to the "there's no good sci-fi on TV" crowd. I'm not averse to sci-fi myself but I'm not really a fan and its not in any way a draw to me. So its not that I saw the sci-fi crowd and it turned me off, more that I just saw it as some context.

So far the biggest boon to me watching Person of Interest is when I caught the end of an episode that introduced Sarah Shahi to the cast. I've enjoyed her in past things and I liked the feel of what I saw and didn't realize it even was Person of Interest until the episode ended. But I've heard she was a bit of a disappointment since joining the cast full time so that dampened my interest.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I've not been inspired to dive into Person of Interest because I've gotten the sense that a lot of the excitement comes from sci fi fans who are getting an itch scratched

It's barely even a vaguely sci-fi related show at all so no. It is a very good action/procedural with great acting and writing.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

STAC Goat posted:

So far the biggest boon to me watching Person of Interest is when I caught the end of an episode that introduced Sarah Shahi to the cast. I've enjoyed her in past things and I liked the feel of what I saw and didn't realize it even was Person of Interest until the episode ended. But I've heard she was a bit of a disappointment since joining the cast full time so that dampened my interest.

She's one of the best characters on the show and had an episode dedicated to her this season and it's up there as a contender for best episode of the show bar none.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Zaggitz posted:

She's one of the best characters on the show and had an episode dedicated to her this season and it's up there as a contender for best episode of the show bar none.

Fair enough. I had heard the opposite but that was early in the season so maybe it changed. Or maybe the person I heard it from was simply wrong.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

xeria posted:

I don't see anything half-assed about what he said. It was just "this thing happened, I didn't like it, so I stopped watching." Just because you don't like that this thing directly led to him no longer wanting to watch the show doesn't make it an invalid reason.

Well, the fact that half of his statement was plain incorrect aside, I was referring more to the people who are saying they won't watch Popular Show specifically because it is a popular show.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

IRQ posted:

It's barely even a vaguely sci-fi related show at all so no. It is a very good action/procedural with great acting and writing.
It borrows heavily from Neuromancer, even lifting a scene directly, and it's now in VALIS territory. Most of that is conveyed obliquely so it comes across as Burn Notice's cousin from New York instead of cyberpunk, but it's definitely there and a major part of the show.

STAC Goat posted:

Fair enough. I had heard the opposite but that was early in the season so maybe it changed. Or maybe the person I heard it from was simply wrong.
A few people have said that, but it's by no means the consensus opinion of her. She's great and her first episode is a pretty good crash course in the show's aesthetic. If you liked that, you'd probably like the rest.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

raditts posted:

Well, the fact that half of his statement was plain incorrect aside, I was referring more to the people who are saying they won't watch Popular Show specifically because it is a popular show.

I assume you're referring to BB and to his point, this isn't a case of "hurble durble I'm going to BUCK THE TREND and not listen to/watch *popular thing* just because I am a cool person like that!" It's a matter of exhaustion at hearing about said popular thing driving down personal interest in continuing to watch a show. This doesn't mean that person doesn't like the show on its own merits, just that they're too tired of hearing about how amazing it is all the time that actually watching an episode feels like effort.

It's like when people (I mean, myself included) were losing their minds over Orphan Black/Tatiana Maslany, or when similar happened (I think more in IRC than in Couch Chat) with Hannibal. (And probably about the last thing to do with said person is try to engage them even more in conversation about why they don't like the show -- because it's not that they don't! It's just that they need a breather from hearing its praises sung from the heavens.)

I haven't personally watched any more PoI past 1x07 because I'm just not invested enough in any of the characters or the concept to devote more of my time to catching up on it and away from other things I'm doing. And the more episodes that air, the more I'd have to watch to get current and the more daunting a task that seems. It's like Hannibal and Sophia -- it's not that I think it's a bad show or that it's had any particular missteps along the way; it's just not for me!

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I think everybody would be better served if they just realized my opinions are correct.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I sometimes avoid "popular" shows and it's not some teenage rebellion buck the trend nonsense. Its a simple matter of expectations. If my expectations for a show are low going in then its hard to be disappointed. Sometimes it sucks and you don't feel like you missed anything, sometimes its mediocre and you just move on, and sometimes its good and you're pleased. But if a show has been pumped up and sold hard to you then it's got a bar it needs to live up to. I don't like that and it's really not fair. The show didn't hype itself up like that. I shouldn't judge it on its fans' opinions. But human nature is what it is and if you've heard for years that The Wire is a transcendent piece of television better than anything that came before or after then its going to be pretty easy for you to be let down.

So sometimes like with Person of Interest I just wait for the hype and hysteria to die down so I can give it a fair shot. Plus with time people tend to gain perspective so their opinions of the show may change and become more grounded. On the other hand the longer hype exists the more credibility it gains since it's no longer a "fad" or new flavor but rather the consensus opinion.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

xeria posted:

It's like when people (I mean, myself included) were losing their minds over Orphan Black/Tatiana Maslany, or when similar happened (I think more in IRC than in Couch Chat) with Hannibal.

Couch Chat was infested with Hannibal talk too, and I was partially responsible for overselling both those shows.

I'm sorry. If only my hype had worked for Rectify. :negative:

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

I sometimes avoid "popular" shows and it's not some teenage rebellion buck the trend nonsense. Its a simple matter of expectations. If my expectations for a show are low going in then its hard to be disappointed. Sometimes it sucks and you don't feel like you missed anything, sometimes its mediocre and you just move on, and sometimes its good and you're pleased. But if a show has been pumped up and sold hard to you then it's got a bar it needs to live up to. I don't like that and it's really not fair. The show didn't hype itself up like that. I shouldn't judge it on its fans' opinions. But human nature is what it is and if you've heard for years that The Wire is a transcendent piece of television better than anything that came before or after then its going to be pretty easy for you to be let down.

So sometimes like with Person of Interest I just wait for the hype and hysteria to die down so I can give it a fair shot. Plus with time people tend to gain perspective so their opinions of the show may change and become more grounded. On the other hand the longer hype exists the more credibility it gains since it's no longer a "fad" or new flavor but rather the consensus opinion.
This is all correct because I agree with it, particularly regarding The Wire which I liked, but didn't love. Expectations are incredibly important. For PoI, Orphan Black, and Hannibal, my initial reaction was "meh, I'll keep watching" and then I just got pulled in for various reasons. For The Americans and Rectify, I went in expecting a lot, and while I wasn't disappointed, I didn't stick with them much beyond their pilots, although that may be because I'm less interested in straight dramas.

precision posted:

I'm sorry. If only my hype had worked for Rectify. :negative:
I'll revisit it, I swear!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

STAC Goat posted:

...even in that clip...Caviezel seems like a bad and unengaging lead. But I've heard that people gain appreciation for his portrayal as the series goes on and that it feels more like a character choice than acting flaw (much like I've heard about a character/actor in Fringe, another show you can throw on that list).

Even if you think of it as an intentional choice, though, he still doesn't click for a lot of people. And that's a big "if," too; as Deadpool may be willing to point out, Caviezel is like this in almost every role he's in (Frequency being a notable exception, at least from what I remember). He actually plays the main villain in the Stallone / Schwarzenegger movie Escape Plan; in it, he wavers between "psychotic Ivy League fraternity president" (which to his credit he does REALLY well; his exit may have actually been my favorite moment in the movie) and "Evil John Reese" with little rhyme or reason. So you can make the argument that he's just not a strong actor, or at best has a very narrow range.

If you're willing to call it an intentional choice, then yeah, at this early point in the series, he's killed or disconnected himself from everything he's ever cared about and is literally just living for the work. But it takes a while to get used to it, and the argument can be made that it wasn't so much Caviezel who fine-tuned his character as it was the writers who learned to write to his narrow range, and / or the audience getting used to what he was doing.

So posting that clip is always a risky proposition; it's worth it to demonstrate how high-minded the writing on the show can be (on occasion; obviously this isn't Mad Men), but it also showcases its absolute biggest barrier to entry.

But of course, all of this is moot because as you said, even if you wanted to catch up, you're just too backlogged to do so and I totally feel you on that. Still we kind of had this argument in IRC as well and I wanted to throw my two cents in.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 14, 2013

• Locked thread