Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kill your idols
Sep 11, 2003

by T. Finninho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kill your idols
Sep 11, 2003

by T. Finninho

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

A Buddy Road Trip movie with Nero and Unser would be the best thing ever.

Also, we had four Deadwood cast members in tonight's episode. At least Sutter has decent taste in casting?

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Wu! SAMCRO cocksucka!

Kidding aside, he's really done good for himself, moving up from Chink Alley to running the Oakland Triads.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

tonic316 posted:

No.. because grandma oval office bag is married to the awful loving writer. Mommy will probably be killed by the end of this season. I didn't hate this show as much as you guys but with that awful loving song and the whole "you'll either be mommy who left or mommy who passed away" go gently caress YOURSELF kurt sutter.

I would be more upset by all of this if Tara wasn't also a gigantic piece of poo poo.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.

nooneofconsequence posted:

A good lawyer would have had Jax arrested for false imprisonment.

Somehow I don't think ratting on the quick-tempered leader of an army of violent thugs is conducive to a long and happy life.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I kept waiting for Tara to grab that gun and shoot at Gemma, only to wildly miss and put a bullet through the front door, killing Wendy who was walking up the driveway for some reason.

Also, I like how Tara's boss was seemingly in the middle of a nervous breakdown and the only thing she did was bail from work for 3 weeks to go stay with her sister. I would've been like BITCH YOU ARE FIRED AND ALSO I'M GOING TO THE COPS.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Saint Jimmy posted:

Seriously, why do they need so many goddamn guns?

Yeah I'm really confused to the actual gun smuggling side of things but I think it's best to just ignore it all.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

tonic316 posted:

Mommy will probably be killed by the end of this season.

Sadly, I think this is where it's heading. I wonder if her estranged wandering at the end of the episode was supposed to parallel Ophelia in some lazy way. Anyway, my prediction is that Jax softens and tells Tara that she's right. Go. Take the kids. Give me visitation. You're off the hook for Jail. Bye. Gemma freaks the gently caress out, offs Tara and covers it up which will take us into the last season.

At least, that seems like a logical story. Instead will probably get triple crossings from the Irish and Chinese, Chips revealed to be deep undercover Interpol looking to get to the bottom of things with the IRA, and Clay surviving a rocket launcher attack from the Russians.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

This is too perfect.

"Oh Jax you dum-dum..."

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

hatelull posted:

Sadly, I think this is where it's heading. I wonder if her estranged wandering at the end of the episode was supposed to parallel Ophelia in some lazy way. Anyway, my prediction is that Jax softens and tells Tara that she's right. Go. Take the kids. Give me visitation. You're off the hook for Jail. Bye. Gemma freaks the gently caress out, offs Tara and covers it up which will take us into the last season.

At least, that seems like a logical story. Instead will probably get triple crossings from the Irish and Chinese, Chips revealed to be deep undercover Interpol looking to get to the bottom of things with the IRA, and Clay surviving a rocket launcher attack from the Russians.

Yeah I think Jax will let Tara go. I could see Gemma doing that but I really hope not.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

During Tara's meltdown outside of the brothel, I really wanted her to pull the gun out and just blow her own brains right onto the sidewalk.

I was also hoping Juice would approach Tara and just be like, "Hey, this life loving sucks and yeah, you're husband is a psychopath, take the kids and run." and then we'd get to see the sad puppy look of betrayal on Jax's face.

But no.

kill your idols
Sep 11, 2003

by T. Finninho

Only part of the show worth making a .gif for. gently caress you Sutter, oval office. Happy's noodle eating was good too. That scene and him ringing the bell are some real 'LOL' moments.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Some angry dad from the school shooting will kill Tara because it's convenient. But he'll rape her first because Kurt Sutter.

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
I love this thread. I stopped watching after the school shooting episode, but I just have to keep tabs on this trainwreck.

I'll probably binge watch the rest of the season once it's over. Lots of whisky will probably be involved.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Just once, I'd like to see Gemma lose. Tara's plan was crazy but drat do I understand what's she's trying to do. I was to see Tara win and rub Gemma's face in it. But yeah, Sutter.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
So even if the MC gets the Irish & the D.A. off it's back we have a black on yellow war for the gun business w/ Jax stuck in the middle because he wants to keep Pope's people happy [and Tig aliven maybe] but he also promised Lin's people the business.

gently caress.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Aw man, I forgot all about Pope's dude. He showed up to say that they'd take the gun business with the IRA and let the club go, but then the Irish said "gently caress that" and blew poo poo up right? How did they leave things with Tig?

gnomewife
Oct 24, 2010
So Clay's gonna die next episode, right? They sure seem to be setting that up.

Also I really expected Tara to shoot someone. I mean, really. Just go all-out.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

hatelull posted:

Aw man, I forgot all about Pope's dude. He showed up to say that they'd take the gun business with the IRA and let the club go, but then the Irish said "gently caress that" and blew poo poo up right? How did they leave things with Tig?

Now that they know Jax is being straight w/ them, the standing deal is if Pope/Marks gets the gun business they'll forgive the score which needs to be settled w/ Tig.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

AGirlWonder posted:

So Clay's gonna die next episode, right? They sure seem to be setting that up.

Clay will never die. Charming could be wiped off the map in a nuclear explosion and he'd probably just end up crawling out of the rubble.

BrandonGK fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 13, 2013

Rog McDodge
Oct 21, 2005

BrandonGK posted:

Clay will never die. Charming could be wiped off the map in a nuclear explosion and he'd probably just end crawling out of the rubble.

Then there would then be a montage of what had happened with Clay narrating. He would start it "War. War never changes"

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
When they do the prequel series, I wonder which 60s standards Sutter will have Segal butchering.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
And a browalkin' we will go!

For having such an ominous ending with Tara rocking Thomas with a gun in her lap, waiting for Jax to madbrowalk through the door after her conspiracy was exposed, she sure is sleeping the sleep of the innocent right now.

He took that better than I expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK4gv11PTI8

:cawg: Y'know, I'm just going to let that one go.

Aw, Nero and Colette, two entrepreneurs at work. :3: Nero, I'm not the sort to play matchmaker, but you two are in the same business, you're enjoying each other's company and you've been in the room with her for longer than five minutes without being suckerpunched nor having to shoot one of your own men in the face. Heck, play your cards right and I'd even bet that she won't try to kill you. Huh? Huh? v:shobon:v Just putting it out there.

Nobody pay attention to the hairy, grizzled biker hanging around the hospital daycare. Despite appearances, I'm sure the parents appreciate that extra level of security. Especially in this hospital.

After having bit a guy's nose off yesterday, you'd think they'd at least have a ballga--err, hankerchief in Clay's mouth.

:smith: Poor Wendy. Y'know, for being strung out on heroin, she has a pretty nice place. I'd trade with her.

This hospital has the worst janitorial staff. C'mon guys, at least put an old copy of Newsweek over the bloodstain of the violently miscarried doctor's carpet.

Over 7 minutes into the episode and finally we have some dialogue.

:sigh: "poo poo" Count: 1.

Y'know, the only investment I have in this Clay & the Irish storyline is how than plan on explaining how any of this is supposed to happen.

Holy poo poo, after that recap and montage now we're getting to the intro sequence? 10 minutes into this episode and there's been maybe a page (double-spaced, wide-ruled) of dialogue.

The hospital administrator, proverbial hat in hand, comes into Tara's office and explains how their intricately-planned, perfectly-executed conspiracy fell apart. Proceeds to admit that Gemma had no proof, that Gemma was bluffing, and that it would be her word against that of a hospital administrator. Also, keep in mind that she violated a restraining order, assualted two doctors the day before and...yeah yeah, you know the rest. This is the payoff after an 8 episode buildup in arguably one of the stupidest storylines I can recall.

:sigh: "Jesus" count: 1.

As Jax recaps Tara's season-long storyline, I find it interesting that he says this all as though he wasn't planning on leaving all of these clowns choking on his dust two seasons ago. And that he's :worship: Gemma's forgiveness when she nearly killed both of his kids last season in a plot that I think everybody affliated with the show has forgotten about at this point.

Juice was a little too eager to offer to watch Tara. You'd probably expect me to rag on Jax for letting the guy with the obvious deathwish watch his wife and kids, but this is the same guy who sent Juice to back up Tig as he infiltrated a group of white supremacists.

Okay, this scene with Nero and Gemma is the point that I had to get up and walk away for a few minutes.

After more than 6 1/2 seasons, Gemma finally confesses her role in John Teller's death to someone. Granted, it was to the one person that didn't really matter, but it was a powerful scene nevertheless and provided a little bit of cartharsis.

Now, Nero hears this from the woman whose mere presence has been systematically ruining his life from the day he met her. At the end of that episode's montage, he has the distant, vacant stare of someone who'd just gazed into the eyes of the Devil.

The next morning? It's :sissies:, sweet nothings and grab-assing.

:bang:

I even said last week that I knew that nothing would come of the confession, which is why I was disappointed in the scene because it wasted what should've been a pivotal moment of the series. But goddamn, I figured they would at least acknowledge that it loving happened! :sigh: Anyway, moving right along.

Y'know. Maybe I'm wrong, but this all smells like a chase scene. I'll bet there's one within 5-10 minutes of this.

:sigh: "poo poo" count: 2.

Going out on a limb for a guy that killed and butchered two of your members and tried to blow you and all your families & friends up? This could only end well. I'd be terrified of any person Tig referred to as a lunatic.

:sigh: "Jesus Christ" count: 2.

Yep. Wendy's using again, Tara, and it's all. your. fault. And Tara has the nerve to get all high and mighty and even refer to Wendy's son as hers. She's getting all Gemma up in here.

Oh god. :siren: "YOUR TRUTH!" :siren: That line comes up about once a season and it never sounds any better.

If nothing else, that scene sealed it: Tara's now Gemma 2.0.

Oh Juice, I'm sure that'll buff right out.

What do you know, O'Shea hosed you again. As an aside, does this gun ring plot make any sense to anyone? It's the only plot line that I am totally lost on at this point. You could tell me that they're using the guns in an uprising against alien overlords and I would have to believe you.

Nero's delivery of :drat: just made me giggle.
:byodame: "Be careful, he's kind of in love with me." Hell if I know why.
Sutter, stop reminding us of Unser's cancer. The guy looks better every time we see him.

Tara & Gemma showdown #340521. Please let one of these two get shot.
You know, you just know Sutter was so proud of that "you'll either be a mommy who left, or the mommy who passed away" line of Gemma's.

Tara, you could redeem everything if you shot Gemma right now. Please. Even if it's just a flesh wound to wipe that smug look off her face to show that you have you limits.

Y'know what would be great in a commercial break after that scene? An anti-bullying PSA.

Patterson! You are my shelter from the storm. :allears:

This scene with Nero & Unser has to be my favorite of the episode. I'd feel bad for Unser's unrequited love of Gemma, but it's probably the best thing that could ever happen to the guy.

Ahh-ha, there's my chase scene! I was off by ten minutes, but here it is! The curious lack of buttrock makes it seem like something may actually happen. But it won't.

"If I wanted you dead, I could've killed you six times already!" Not with your man's aim, Lim. But what was the point of all whole chase scene with bullets flying all over the place? All of this could've been avoided if you picked up your phone when Jax called.

If anything happens to Happy, I swear! :argh: And I don't know how they're going to work around this little foible. Whatever happens, it'll surely be a nonsensical clusterfuck.

Whoa whoa whoa! Hold the phone! Is that doctor...browalking?!

It was all I could focus on in the scene. I even had to trim it down because they showed him browalkin' down the entire hallway.

I'd totally watch a buddy cop show with Unser & Nero: bouncing around in a low rider, comparing ol' war wounds, competing for the affections of a succubus before ending on a freeze frame of Unser wagging his finger at a :razz:'ing Nero as he collected from one of his hoes.

As contrived as it gets, but at least Tara caught Jax cheatin'. Only took her 3 seasons? 4?
"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?!"
Ruined your life, honey. Ruined your life.
By the way, of browalking makes your rear end look like that, then I'm starting that poo poo today. :mmmhmm:

Good god another montage. And this guy's voice sounds as though he's singing around a mouthful of sandpaper. I don't know if they come in grades but -- coarse.

This has to be a record. This has to be pushing 12 minutes between recaps, montages and intros.

Handcuffed to a radiator, with some Chinese food and cartoons, Happy's still able to find joy in the little things.

I want to feel bad for Tara being at the end of her rope, but she's honestly comparable to Gemma at this point. To think that once upon a time we liked these characters. Those days seem so long ago.

The takeaway from this episode? I think this sums it up best:

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 13, 2013

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I like this season so far :silent:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I watched this kinda dumb movie called "Deadfall" last weekend and besides it having super hot Olivia Wilde in it and Eric Bana being a pyscho, Jax browalked his rear end off and took it to the table at the end.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Ghostpilot posted:

Whoa whoa whoa! Hold the phone! Is that doctor...browalking?!

It was all I could focus on in the scene. I even had to trim it down because they showed him browalkin' down the entire hallway.

It's contagious!! Someone isolate Jax!

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Zzulu posted:

I like this season so far :silent:

Aww, it's okay to like the show. As much as I knock 90% of this show week to week, I don't knock anybody that likes it. I liked this show once, after all. I was all set to check out earlier in the season, but to my surprise I had about a dozen goons in the thread and elsewhere ask me to keep up with the recaps. :aaa: I may :argh: the show, but I like that people seem to like the recaps. :shobon:

There are parts of the show I like, typically the guest stars / minor characters, but you have to really sift through the chaff to get to the good stuff. We had a good 2-3 episode run where things were pretty good, but I think that moment has passed.

I think the real secret to enjoying this show is to forget everything that happened in the previous week save for what they remind you of in the recaps.

Modest Proportion
Dec 16, 2012

"Oh wrangling schools, that search what fire
Shall burn this world, had none the wit
Unto this knowledge to aspire,
That this her fever might be it?"

"Did you just smell me?"

hatelull posted:

Gemma freaks the gently caress out, offs Tara and covers it up which will take us into the last season.

Gemma's being a bit...postpartum, you say?

Gemma? GEMMA! BOOM

Modest Proportion fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Nov 14, 2013

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

Dead Snoopy posted:

So even if the MC gets the Irish & the D.A. off it's back we have a black on yellow war for the gun business w/ Jax stuck in the middle because he wants to keep Pope's people happy [and Tig aliven maybe] but he also promised Lin's people the business.

gently caress.
If he times it right, he can get the chinese and the irish in a gunfight as the "law" arrives and give the business to Pope.

They did more contrived plot before no ?

gnomewife
Oct 24, 2010

BrandonGK posted:

Clay will never die. Charming could be wiped off the map in a nuclear explosion and he'd probably just end up crawling out of the rubble.

I would watch this season.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Ghostpilot posted:

Yep. Wendy's using again, Tara, and it's all. your. fault. And Tara has the nerve to get all high and mighty and even refer to Wendy's son as hers. She's getting all Gemma up in here.

No, Wendy gave up her parental rights and Tara legally adopted Abel. She's raised him since birth. That's Tara's son.

You also can't put Wendy using on Tara. Wendy went out and bought the smack, she's the one who put it in her arm. That was all her choice, you can't blame anyone but her. She's in charge or her own sobriety.

Ghostpilot posted:

If nothing else, that scene sealed it: Tara's now Gemma 2.0.

I want to feel bad for Tara being at the end of her rope, but she's honestly comparable to Gemma at this point. To think that once upon a time we liked these characters. Those days seem so long ago.

I really disagree with this. Tara's plan was a retarded Rube Goldberg scheme but she's doing it because she's been terrorized by the life her husband has put her in and she's scared for her children. While her plan was stupid, the end goal wasn't. That doesn't make her Gemma.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

AGirlWonder posted:

I would watch this season.

Especially since Unser would still be there because his magic cancer would protect him from the apocalypse.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

smg77 posted:

Especially since Unser would still be there because his magic cancer would protect him from the apocalypse.
He already kinda look like a ghoul :)

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Unser is like the Magic Johnson of cancer.

kill your idols
Sep 11, 2003

by T. Finninho

vyst posted:

Unser is like the Magic Johnson of cancer.

Kurt Sutter is the AIDS of cable TV.

Modest Proportion
Dec 16, 2012

"Oh wrangling schools, that search what fire
Shall burn this world, had none the wit
Unto this knowledge to aspire,
That this her fever might be it?"

"Did you just smell me?"

kill your idols posted:

Kurt Sutter is the AIDS HIV of cable TV.

Woah woah now, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Still another season before Jax browalks in lumber-jack attire.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

KilGrey posted:

No, Wendy gave up her parental rights and Tara legally adopted Abel. She's raised him since birth. That's Tara's son.

You also can't put Wendy using on Tara. Wendy went out and bought the smack, she's the one who put it in her arm. That was all her choice, you can't blame anyone but her. She's in charge or her own sobriety.

I'd forgotten that Wendy gave up parental rights. As for the latter bit, part of that is Jax for banging heroin into her arm last season. But Tara didn't do her any favors by dangling Abel in front of her as a proverbial carrot to coerce her to play along with her scheme. You are ultimately right, though: Wendy is in charge of her sobriety.

KilGrey posted:

I really disagree with this. Tara's plan was a retarded Rube Goldberg scheme but she's doing it because she's been terrorized by the life her husband has put her in and she's scared for her children. While her plan was stupid, the end goal wasn't. That doesn't make her Gemma.

Now this I disagree with, because it supports the "ends justify the means" methods that Gemma employs. Gemma doesn't care who she hurts or what kind of destruction lies in the wake of what she does so long as she gets what she wants. That's exactly what Tara's done this season.

Tara even says, "you know why you hate what I did so much? Because it's something you would have done. You've been my teacher, Gemma: my Ol' Lady coach since I came back to Charming. I thought you would've been proud of me."

And Gemma even goes as far as to say that what Tara did was beyond even her limits (which I personally think is a lie -- she just didn't think of it first). If the events of this season doesn't liken her to Gemma, I don't know what does. Their motivations are the same, as are the methods.

Honestly, I think the boys are less the reason and more the weapon. Abel and Thomas are used as instruments to inflict harm on Gemma, Tara, Jax and Wendy. They dress it under the guise of "protecting family", but all they ever do is use those kids as methods to hurt or coerce one another.

Edit: There is one big difference between Tara and Gemma: Tara always loses.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Nov 14, 2013

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Involving Wendy may have been the dumbest aspect of Tara's dumb scheme. I'm not sure why anyone would think it's a good idea to send a recovery addict against a woman who has practically made emotional manipulation an Olympic sport. And why have Wendy make up story about being assaulted by some stalker, complete with a fake bruise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

BrandonGK posted:

Involving Wendy may have been the dumbest aspect of Tara's dumb scheme. I'm not sure why anyone would think it's a good idea to send a recovery addict against a woman who has practically made emotional manipulation an Olympic sport. And why have Wendy make up story about being assaulted by some stalker, complete with a fake bruise?

Because nothing gets a rape victim on your side like being a potential rape victim, I guess.

• Locked thread