Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
I'm thinking of making a General Thread for Bravely Default, since the demo is out. I'll edit this post once I got it through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

HelloWinter posted:

I'm thinking of making a General Thread for Bravely Default, since the demo is out. I'll edit this post once I got it through.

This would be fantastic and I would appreciate it. It's my understanding the version coming to EU and NA is different than something that's out already and there are two release dates and I can't keep anything straight in my head.

Please and thank you for making a thread!

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Wildtortilla posted:

This would be fantastic and I would appreciate it. It's my understanding the version coming to EU and NA is different than something that's out already and there are two release dates and I can't keep anything straight in my head.

Please and thank you for making a thread!

Haha yeah, that'll be explained in the OP post. No worries!

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*

Terper posted:

Imagine a game with a refined Final Fantasy 5 battle and job system, with an aesthetic combining Final Fantasy 9 and Final Fantasy Tactics, music composed by the same group that did the Attack on Titan openings, and imagine it portable.

Imagine Bravely Default. :allears:

I don't think anything else can be said to make me more excited for this game now. Thanks for that!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Other things I've noticed: Going into Config -> Difficulty, you can set Encounter Rate, Difficulty, whether or not I want to gain EXP, or Job Points, or money (for challenge runs!), I can turn the Destination marker on or off...

Jesus. :pcgaming:

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Terper posted:

Other things I've noticed: Going into Config -> Difficulty, you can set Encounter Rate, Difficulty, whether or not I want to gain EXP, or Job Points, or money (for challenge runs!), I can turn the Destination marker on or off...

Jesus. :pcgaming:

You guys are lucky, the original Japanese version didn't have all of this fancy stuff. :(

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

HelloWinter posted:

You guys are lucky, the original Japanese version didn't have all of this fancy stuff. :(

For The Sequel will.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

ImpAtom posted:

For The Sequel will.

Yeah, but it's an extra $30 if you own the game already. I kind of wish it was cheaper.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I guess the Bravely Default demo is EU only? Guess we'll get the demo closer to our release date, then.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

quote:

Ace Attorney @aceattorneygame
2 hours ago

"Turnabout Reclaimed" is the brand new episode coming to #AADD, available to purchase on 21st Nov for €4.99 / $5.99 / £3.99.

This is wonderful. I expected the dlc to release sometime in mid December not next week.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't know how much it costs them/how long it takes to create a new case but I would be ok with just buying DLC Ace Attorney cases forever

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Beat my first BD boss in the demo, surprisingly with all my characters intact at the end of the battle. Bravely Default is goddamn addicting!

Despite Agnés being the most magey character out of all of them, I think I prefer Ringabel as an offensive mage more, and this has to do with his speed: Since Ringabel goes first, he gets to assault all the enemies with AoE damage spells and inflict some rather heavy damage on an enemy group, before your other party members mop up the rest.

havenwaters posted:

"Turnabout Reclaimed DLC stuff"

This is wonderful. I expected the dlc to release sometime in mid December not next week.

Wünderbar... :allears:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

Beat my first BD boss in the demo, surprisingly with all my characters intact at the end of the battle. Bravely Default is goddamn addicting!

Yeah, that won't happen when you fight the second boss. Jesus Christ. :gonk: Still, I've got some ideas on how to tackle the dude, but he is hard as nails. The game recommended I upgrade the town to get some more weapon upgrades, but it'll take 10 goddamn hours to clear away these rocks. I need friends, but you can't get them online in the demo. I'll see if I can't him with some more strategy.

That loving boss theme though, holy poo poo.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Terper posted:

Yeah, that won't happen when you fight the second boss. Jesus Christ. :gonk: Still, I've got some ideas on how to tackle the dude, but he is hard as nails. The game recommended I upgrade the town to get some more weapon upgrades, but it'll take 10 goddamn hours to clear away these rocks. I need friends, but you can't get them online in the demo. I'll see if I can't him with some more strategy.

That loving boss theme though, holy poo poo.

The boss is that bad, eh? Well, doesn't surprise me, considering I may have been a bit underlevelled for the first boss fight. That, and the first boss occasionally using Aeroga. I shat bricks when I saw that. :gonk:

(Also, holy poo poo, those imps at the start almost killed me! Thank God I successfully fled, and I'm high-levelled enough now that imps aren't as troubling anymore.)

Also, yes, the boss music rocks your balls! :allears:

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

Psst, the Bravely Default thread is now up and running!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Two questions:

Will the unified 3DS/Wii U nintendo ID finally make eshop purchases account bound? And is the Bravely Default demo up on the US eshop?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

PonchAxis posted:

Will the unified 3DS/Wii U nintendo ID finally make eshop purchases account bound? And is the Bravely Default demo up on the US eshop?

No, and no.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

No, and no.

Goddammit Nintendo.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

PonchAxis posted:

Goddammit Nintendo.

It does make it possible though.

Baby steps.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Canned Panda posted:

It does make it possible though.

It should have happened in loving 2006. It never will, let's face it.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Do you guys think the 3DS youtube app will support stereoscopic videos? There's a bunch of 3D videos up on youtube that'd be cool to watch, and it's the only reason I'm interested since almost everything else can already play youtube videos.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Saoshyant posted:

No, and no.

So the unified account does nothing except combines the wallet? Seems like an awful lot of effort on their part for almost no benefit to the consumer...

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

It allows you to post on Miiverse, though!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Shibata said in the direct "Moving forward we will continue to improve our offerings with Nintendo Network IDs" so who knows

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

I want to make sure I understood this right. With Mario Party 3DS, you only need one game card to do full multiplayer? My wife wants to pick it up if that's the case.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
^^Yup, full local multiplayer via Download Play, same as the DS game. (No online play, as per usual.)

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Gutcruncher posted:

So the unified account does nothing except combines the wallet? Seems like an awful lot of effort on their part for almost no benefit to the consumer...
It also doesn't let you download free items (demos, applications, videos, etc) without making a Nintendo ID!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

minusX posted:

It also doesn't let you download free items (demos, applications, videos, etc) without making a Nintendo ID!
Yeah, I was surprised at this. I would have expected it to be the other way around (although I suppose they have to let people spend their balances if they have been switching regions). Maybe after a "grace" period, they'll release a further update whereby you need the NNID to buy stuff, too.

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
Did anyone else get a delivery date of late December on their preorder for the new Zelda from Amazon? Is this game going to be a holy terror to find? I definitely want a hard copy rather than a digital DL :(

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

trdn89 posted:

Did anyone else get a delivery date of late December on their preorder for the new Zelda from Amazon? Is this game going to be a holy terror to find? I definitely want a hard copy rather than a digital DL :(

If Fire Emblem was anything to go by, then yes it's going to be an absolute pain in the arse to find retail.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
But it's a Zelda game, I'd expect your local major electronics retailer will be sitting on a million copies on launch day.

mulls
Jul 30, 2013

Is there something special about the retail Zelda copy, or is it just for collector's purposes? I try to have hard copies of multiplayer games that I might take to someone's house or lend, but I'm leaning towards digital download on Zelda so I can always have it with me.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Digital purchases on the 3DS (and Wii/WiiU) are tied to the hardware rather than an online account. It's definitely a deal breaker for some people, especially for a portable system you could lose.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Nov 14, 2013

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

mulls posted:

Is there something special about the retail Zelda copy, or is it just for collector's purposes? I try to have hard copies of multiplayer games that I might take to someone's house or lend, but I'm leaning towards digital download on Zelda so I can always have it with me.
Zelda games fit my personal criteria for a retail buy. They lend themselves to longer play sessions and don't really have much of a post-game. But YMMV of course.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

mulls posted:

It only costs about $10 to play after you wear it out then sell it on Amazon or eBay.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
I was surprised to learn that people sell their Zelda games. Well, I can see selling Spirit Tracks but otherwise, they're the sort of game I'd want to keep around.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Chaltab posted:

I was surprised to learn that people sell their Zelda games. Well, I can see selling Spirit Tracks but otherwise, they're the sort of game I'd want to keep around.

I sold twilight princess for two reasons: 1) I didn't like the game. 2) it was somehow scratched beyond hell.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Chaltab posted:

After some deep soul searching a few years ago, I currently own one video game: a copy of Earthbound a friend sold me for $10 15 years ago. I only ever own one (other) game at a time, and I sell them as soon as I'm either a) done or b) don't play them for a week or so, which for me is basically done.

I've never replayed a game and I'm just not a collector, though some people are and that's obviously fine for them. Games are like takeout food, the gameplay is the food, the actual game is the box. Once the food's gone, you get recycle the container.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I found out with the OOT 3DS remake that I just can't replay Zelda games. I don't enjoy replaying games in general though, the last games I probably replayed was Borderlands 1 and 2, prior to that probably Mass Effect 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Huxley posted:

After some deep soul searching a few years ago, I currently own one video game: a copy of Earthbound a friend sold me for $10 15 years ago. I only ever own one (other) game at a time, and I sell them as soon as I'm either a) done or b) don't play them for a week or so, which for me is basically done.

I've never replayed a game and I'm just not a collector, though some people are and that's obviously fine for them. Games are like takeout food, the gameplay is the food, the actual game is the box. Once the food's gone, you get recycle the container.

I should really start doing this myself. I always end up with stacks of games that I'm never going to get around to playing, and I'm also the type of person that never goes back and plays anything twice (which makes games with multiple endings or alternate routes impossibilities for me). I liquidated my whole collection before coming to Japan, swearing that this time would be different, but a few months in and here I am again sitting on a giant pile of cheap games. I think I'll trade back in my PSone and all the games I got for it (except the ones I want to Let's Play) and limit myself to one PS3 game and one 3DS game at a time (though I need to splurge when I first get it to take advantage of the buy-2-get-one-free deal).

• Locked thread