Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Slavvy posted:

I just like being able to drive my cars, outside, on a road. Roads usually have bumps and things. I dunno.

And the rotiform man doesn't. Hail satan for making us all gloriously different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
This again? Can we resurrect the hellaflush thread so I can shitpost it with actual on-topic content some more instead of another handbag fight over form vs function in this thread?

e: vvv not 100% function is fine, in my mind the problem is when it's 100% form aka a car with intentionally hosed suspension that looks like someone stole the springs and is every bit as beautiful and functional as a jacked up bro truck with 24" chrome wheels, rubberband mud tires, and 3 feet of lift. Regardless, this is a dumb argument and I am going to stop wasting everyone's time on it. vvv

kastein fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Nov 14, 2013

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Ah yes, I forgot cars that aren't 100% function are 86'd in AI.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

That man makes hundreds of thousands of dollars from cool wheels and I don't see the problem with a little bit of a discussion based on images really. It's the spice of life.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
I don't like hellaflush either, but what I really hate is the inevitable shitposting when people show up to argue about it. Scroll past it if you don't like it, and post something you do like instead.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

It's not bagged it's static and it belongs to the rotiform man. I like it. Paint everything teal.

I guess I'm wrong but I still love it. That color is perfect.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I love all cars!!!

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
I'll say it again, form IS a function.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

Ferremit posted:

God drat, you don't see 60 series that are that clean in Australia, let alone the frozen north!

Wasabi the J posted:

downtown Vancouver

Just because its in Canada, doesn't mean that it's the frozen north ;)

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Reichstag posted:

I'll say it again, form IS a function.

^^^look at Marshall McLuhan here :v:

Edit- that's a joke only a Canadian would get.. :canada:

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Nov 14, 2013

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Linedance posted:

^^^look at Marshall McLuhan here :v:

Edit- that's a joke only a Canadian would get.. :canada:

Everyone should (I'm from :quebec: though, sooo)

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000

Slavvy posted:

I just like being able to drive my cars, outside, on a road. Roads usually have bumps and things. I dunno.

I daily drove this for years on a static drop. It was a hydraulic truck when we built it then we went static. The current owner still daily drives it in the current static form. There is an inch and a half clearance under the cross member.

Beer bottle for reference

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

I love all cars!!!

That Alfa is a Tipo 33 Stradale, right? That and the Miura have got to be the two most beautiful automotive designs ever.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

bandman posted:

That Alfa is a Tipo 33 Stradale, right? That and the Miura have got to be the two most beautiful automotive designs ever.

Yep. It's my absolute favourite back end of all time. That, the f40 and the eb110 is I think my dream 3.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I get annoyed if I come out in the morning to find cat footprints all over my bonnet. In the future I'll consider myself lucky.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

bandman posted:

You're forgetting the 250 GTO and the P3/4 :colbert:

edit: Holy poo poo, apparently this is the Tipo 33 interior. It's just...just..perfect :italy:

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Nov 14, 2013

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
:gizz:

It makes me laugh thinking about how badly this car would have DOMINATED Group B. A driver described it with the following, Its about as progressive as heavy artillery. You just point it and fire it.

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Nov 14, 2013

Fievel Goes Bi
Dec 8, 2008

GramCracker posted:

You're forgetting the 250 GTO and the P3/4 :colbert:

edit: Holy poo poo, apparently this is the Tipo 33 interior. It's just...just..perfect :italy:

Hey that is pretty cool I own the same clock as whats in that Alfa. God bless USSR surplus. :ussr:
for content.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

Spyker saw the Tipo's interior and thought, "Hey, lets add more chrome!"

Still looks amazing compared to what a typical interior is but god is it tacky, that Tipo 33 is just perfect though :allears:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Gorilla Salad posted:

I get annoyed if I come out in the morning to find cat footprints all over my bonnet. In the future I'll consider myself lucky.

aww, cow's just trying to warm up :3:

(although the picture does seem like it might be photoshopped)

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKm-wcxkl5U

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp

atomicthumbs posted:

aww, cow's just trying to warm up :3:

(although the picture does seem like it might be photoshopped)

Either that or that bmw has some very beefy front suspension.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Valt posted:

Either that or that bmw has some very beefy front suspension.

This should put to rest that ungastly steering issue.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Love Tax the Rich's work. Great video

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

YES! Googly eyes for all cars!

Edit: Content

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 16, 2013

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn
:allears: :911:

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Just your typical 30,000 mile one owner Type-R. Only driven on "Sundays" as well.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

G-Mach posted:

Just your typical 30,000 mile one owner Type-R. Only driven on "Sundays" as well.

That had better mean track days and/or autocross. :colbert:

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
Look at the tires :ssh:

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

That had better mean track days and/or autocross. :colbert:

Look at the tires.

:smug:

He brought it brand new specifically for Autox and track days.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
I guess I can see some shoulder wear, it's not that obvious to me at that resolution though.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
He keeps it in a concrete bunker the rest of the week, right?

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
It's parked sideways in the back of his garage behind a Insight, Outback, and two EVOs. Then, he parks his truck sideways in front of his garage doors.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

G-Mach posted:

It's parked sideways in the back of his garage behind a Insight, Outback, and two EVOs. Then, he parks his truck sideways in front of his garage doors.

Ah, the Trouser Chili method. Park your non-running trucks in front of the garage.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Raluek posted:

Ah, the Trouser Chili method. Park your non-running trucks in front of the garage.

Laughed way too hard at this.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

Raluek posted:

For all you know it was Trouser Chili. I wouldn't take it out on a track day in my home state.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8XPjtuaRoc

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

EightBit posted:

For all you know it was Trouser Chili. I wouldn't take it out on a track day in my home state.

Could be. TC is in Illinois if I remember correctly tho, and from a quick google that photographer is in NC. But she has a Washington phone number, so who knows :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Ordinary e39: that rocks and I love it.

e39 M5: may they burn in hell forever.

On a side note, that is an amazing install marred by really lovely cosmetic work on the outside.