Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Your hubris will be your downfall!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Recruited someone else to play the game and they're too shy to add a million FB friends which means all the health packs they get from the lowbie missions have a decent chance of being sent to me, heck yeah.

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

JHVH-1 posted:

The lighting round is insane. If there are boosts to environmental tiles and you go against a team with a low to mid level storm on it things get nuts. She destroys all the environmental tiles, uses those to get AP for every color, then they do some ability that smashes or creates more tiles which creates a string of hits. But wait, it still isn't over because they haven't actually done their normal turn yet.

I saw a team with like 700 or 800 HP in all the characters and thought "Oh no problem"

Might have to go back to levelling Modern Storm for these. With boosts, Mistress on turn one can get quite ridiculous (if all of the effects don't crash the app on my old ipad). Sadly you don't get the huge amounts of environment points if Storm breaks them rather than the boosted guest villain. I had a crit tile fall into the corner of an L-shape of environments earlier, gave 400 environment points. That was a lot of hot dogs (sadly not Forest Fire).

Loki just got me pretty good with trickery in the current LR. Turned two of my Wolverine strike tiles into 71-point protect tiles (that I couldn't match easily). That fight took a while.

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007
Woo, got Classic Magneto from my Lightning Round token. Now to never use him because he only has one level in one ability.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Dr. Platypus posted:

Woo, got Classic Magneto from my Lightning Round token. Now to never use him because he only has one level in one ability.

Yeah I got a Loki that is in the same boat for me.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I had 500 hero points saved up in case more attractive options came up during events. I was also building up a classic hawkeye because I just keep getting so many goddamn cards.
I fat fingered the training and spent those hero points on raising his skill instead of using a new hawkeye card I got. :shepicide:

Went 'gently caress this' spent the remaining coin on a slot and a lottery draw. It was Bag-Man.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Nov 14, 2013

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Which reminds me, I'm on the fence about what to do with my now-1665 Hero Points.

I could:

* take Wolverine from 5/3/3 to 5/3/5 and unlock his last 16 levels
* take Bullseye from 3/5 to 5/5 and unlock his last 16 levels
* put three levels somewhere on my 3/1/1 Magneto Grey
* put three levels amongst my miscellanous 2* orphans (Moonstone 2/2/0, Daken 2/2, Bag-Man 5/2/3, Hawkeye Modern 2/0/2)
* put a blue on Spidey Classic 3/1/1 or a black on Doom 3/4
* 11 spins on the Heroic machine, a lot of which I probably will have no use for
* add to my 23 slots.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Guess my Loki has both powers now. To be honest, I think the 250 Iso was probably more helpful. Nearly got to the 500 point prize, think I'll just stick to going for the 250 from now on though. Nastiest shock of the torunament, leapt into a battle because the non-Lokis on the team were rubbish. The Loki was not. I thought he was the free one until I noticed his health and he started blasting mine away.

Dr. Platypus posted:

Is it the Blue one? Mine's only got level one in that and it loving rules. You can set up so many extra turn matches with that, and doing that also charges the power again.

delfin posted:

* 11 spins on the Heroic machine, a lot of which I probably will have no use for

Whatever you do, don't do this. Unless you want a fully skilled Bag Man. drat you, Bag Man.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

delfin posted:

* take Wolverine from 5/3/3 to 5/3/5 and unlock his last 16 levels
* put a blue on Spidey Classic 3/1/1
* take Bullseye from 3/5 to 5/5 and unlock his last 16 levels
* put three levels somewhere on my 3/1/1 Magneto Grey
* add to my 23 slots.
* or a black on Doom 3/4
* put three levels amongst my miscellanous 2* orphans (Moonstone 2/2/0, Daken 2/2, Bag-Man 5/2/3, Hawkeye Modern 2/0/2)

Here. I've sorted them in order for you.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

JHVH-1 posted:

Something weird was going on with the battle I just did in the lightning round. I was attacking this guys Thor and getting -1 points. At one point nearly the entire board filled up with red tiles. I didn't find anything with red tiles in the power information. He had red Magneto on his team which seems to be a bitch but -1 hp attack?

The ultimate environmental power for the jungle area changes two colours to red. And drain the enemies ap...

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Went from 800 to less than 550 today. Goddamn... The Thournoment is harsh as hell.

I went from 1100 to 675 :negative:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wonder if I should throw effort at the Thornament or the Lightning Rounds. Getting to the Black Loki card on the Thornament seems very doable now, but it'll exhaust all my heals to get to. On the other hand, lightning round draws! (I've already gotten 4 Hawkeye Classics :woop:)

edit: Critted an environment tile in the City zone. Ate so many hot dogs.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Nov 14, 2013

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I have gotten wolverine yellow and Cstorm yellow from these lightning rounds. I am pretty happy about this. I just need 1 more green for a max wolverine. But I haven't gotten any 3* cards today.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Shwqa posted:

I have gotten wolverine yellow and Cstorm yellow from these lightning rounds. I am pretty happy about this. I just need 1 more green for a max wolverine. But I haven't gotten any 3* cards today.

I've gotten to 250 in the past two (the only 2 I've done this week), meaning I've gotten 4 tokens. Those tokens have given me:

1 Juggernaut red
2 Black Widow blue
1 Iron Man yellow

:(

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Got another Daken Black card, he's getting really nice now.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Heh, two nefarious tokens from the lightning round. Hawkeye and Venom.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahah, the swamp terrain is the best. AI keeps killing itself with thorned rose.

Usually. :stonk:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

Hahah, the swamp terrain is the best. AI keeps killing itself with thorned rose.

Usually. :stonk:

That one is the worst for me. One match 4 and they got 5 ap to all and that give them enough to use all the bullshit abilities I usually use on them.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Just snuck in the back door in the Magneto tournament, pounding on small fries until the end. I got a LONG string of those dummy accounts at the beginning. Awaiting the results now, hoping I hung onto top 10.

EDIT: Bah, must've been in the low teens.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
So my inventory is getting tight...

I have Iron Man, Modern Storm, Modern Black Widow, Classic Jugggernaut, Classic Hawkeye, Dark Reign Loki, Modern Hawkeye

Should I drop someone like Juggernaut or Classic Hawkeye? Not sure what people do when they get to this point at the start of the game.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

triplexpac posted:

So my inventory is getting tight...

I have Iron Man, Modern Storm, Modern Black Widow, Classic Jugggernaut, Classic Hawkeye, Dark Reign Loki, Modern Hawkeye

Should I drop someone like Juggernaut or Classic Hawkeye? Not sure what people do when they get to this point at the start of the game.

Drop Classic Hawkeye for sure. Juggs has some repeatable mission covers and he's a straight up rear end in a top hat in PVP tourneys alongside a Classic Storm, so keep him around since he's easy to level.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
For me, I'm prioritizing these lightning rounds over the thornament. I'm gaining so much ISO and the random chance at covers keeps things pretty fresh.

I never thought I'd see the day, but my Thor is gonna be 85 if the lightning rounds keep going! I'm glad to see both colors of Daken offered as lightning rewards, he's definitely worth your time if he isn't already on your team. Max his purple skill ASAP.

Edit: If you haven't got to that point, Daken covers drop later in the prologue. His strike tiles add up quickly and you get two per green match at max purple. The higher his level, the stronger the strike tiles are. He's a nice deterrent in pvp because nobody wants to deal with him making strike tiles all over the place.

Chuds McGreedy fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Nov 14, 2013

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Sweet, thanks.

On another note... on iOS, to get my throwaway Facebook account linked with this game, do I need to remove my iOS Facebook account and add the throwaway one at a base level? Or can I just log in through the app somehow, without unlinking my main account?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

triplexpac posted:

Sweet, thanks.

On another note... on iOS, to get my throwaway Facebook account linked with this game, do I need to remove my iOS Facebook account and add the throwaway one at a base level? Or can I just log in through the app somehow, without unlinking my main account?

You dont need to be logged in on your FB app once you've linked your fake account.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
The lightning round is a beautiful thing if you have a high-level Ragnarok. Two red AP for 1500+ damage? Yes, please.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Oh hey I managed to get one of 3* tokens, and got a 3* hero I don't have yet :rolldice:

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

Pancakes posted:

The lightning round is a beautiful thing if you have a high-level Ragnarok. Two red AP for 1500+ damage? Yes, please.

And I assume it's a Don't Bother scenario if you don't?
A lvl 25 unbuffed Ragnarok gave me enough bloody trouble in the Magneto round.

Hell, if I could find a red Rags cover I'd be very tempted to save up/buy points and level the bastard's power that way. Seems like if you have a maxed Ragnarok you win the game.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Pancakes posted:

And if you don't, good luck. The dummy Ragnarok it gives you in his lightning round doesn't even have Thunderclap.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Pancakes posted:

I faced a ragnarok half my team's level and almost got wrecked. Fucker is a loving fucker.

I have a x-force wolverine. I can see his skills. He don't deserve to be 4 star like ragnarok does.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Huh, Ragnarok's artwork isnt just a simple flip if he's on your team. Weird!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Oh cool cover slots cost more now :argh:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Shwqa posted:

Oh cool cover slots cost more now :argh:

Gah! Mine are up to 300 now.

EDIT: Dev IceIX:

quote:

Overall, the cover slot pricing starts lower and ramps higher than it did before. Still maxes out at 40.

What we're attempting to do is make the ramp for new players a little easier and push those that are playing for a bit to do one of two things (or both). One is to play in all the various events we've got running and have planned. Pulling 100 HP from an Event isn't too difficult (and our numbers show that this happens for a large number of players) and a large portion of the prize pool at the end also offers Hero Points. This should give users that play enough HP to continue gaining new Cover Slots when needed and have a little left over to toss at Cover Packs or Ability Upgrades if they want. The other route of course, is to monetize which is definitely a plus for us as a business. We like to put food on our tables and also to fund further development of the game which has a decent cost attached to it. So we'll be looking at the change in Hero Point spending habits across the board with the change and tweaking knobs if necessary to make sure that we don't raise any pay-concrete-walls while still trying to provide a good reason to push open new Slots as players move forward.

Edit: We've also got a change in R42 that I can't talk about quite yet that alters how the collection/cover slots work in general a bit, so that also has an effect on why we pushed in the change that we did.

So... that.

delfin fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 14, 2013

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

SynthOrange posted:

edit: Critted an environment tile in the City zone. Ate so many hot dogs.

I had one round where within two turns I started an unholy cascade of crits, giving me enough AP to have two celebratory rounds of hot dogs and then crush the last man standing. Much cackling ensued.

And I just got 1200 points on the dot, but no health to go further. I'll be fun getting 300 points back the next time I play.

EDIT: Yeah, I just bought my first 300 gold slot too. Fuckers.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, they've always had tiers for cover costs. It's up to 200 points for me to get more now.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

What the gently caress, I was just at 150/slot and now it's 250/slot

loving hell

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

But my 23rd slot would have cost 200 hero points yesterday. Now its up to 300 :argh:

On the plus side I got my last green wolverine cover from this lightning round. He is maxed at 5/3/5 now.

Edit: from the forum

quote:

Cover Slot pricing has been altered across the board in an effort to find a fair price ceiling for all users. Rest assured that we will very closely monitor gameplay habits, Hero Point spending, and changes in the user experience as a result of this change and will adjust accordingly.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh, you guys are right.

I've got 24. Going to 25 will cost 350. :stare:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
At least (for now) I don't really need any more slots. I'm not getting Ragnarok any time soon, I don't have a need for Loki, Juggs, Hawkeye Classic or Yelena, and if I need to cannibalize a slot I won't feel horrible if X-Force Wolverine goes away.

When new characters come along, that may change. For now I just keep one slot open so I don't get nagged to train every time I do anything.

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

Oh, you guys are right.

I've got 24. Going to 25 will cost 350. :stare:

Well, gently caress. I guess I'm staying at 20 (where I conveniently missed out on the "lower starting cost"). Time to sell some Bag Men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Not surprised they're making changes, it's really hard to justify spending money on this game. Even with the reduced requirements you need way too many covers to max out a character for the hero points lottery to be worth spending on. Getting up to the low 20s in storage space wasn't too hard and at least right now we don't need much more.