Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

As if getting Tesla and Spada to level 25 was not testament enough to my madness, I'm working on Morgan and Bertone now as well. The scary part is, the Morgan has now become one of my very best A class cars and the Bertone is...well, at least it's leagues better than the Spada.

Also I never thought I'd say anything positive about a Mitsubishi, but I've been using an FTO in B class and it's actually really goddamn good. It'll make getting the 1000 miles in a Mitsubishi badge a lot less painful.

Oh, and whatcubed, did you ever take the reins of LLJK?

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Nov 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Cannot Find Server posted:

Oh, and whatcubed, did you ever take the reins of LLJK?
Nope, I was supposed to do it this weekend but never heard from the guy. I'll PM him again.

Also, gently caress those 1000 miles in a ________ badges. Some of them you will get if you just play a lot, like the ones for driving on certain tracks, and some like driving 1000 miles in a BMW are easy for me because I love BMW and drive many of those cars a lot. But some of them are for cars I just plain don't like, and if you're just doing lobby racing, figure somewhere around 3-4 laps a race for maybe 2.5 miles/lap on average, you're only covering maybe 10 or so miles a race, which comes out to something near 100 races. That's a lot of driving in cars I don't necessarily like.

And I don't think "Hot Lap" sessions count for total mileage put on a car either, so if you're doing Leaderboard stuff you have to do a private online race which kinda sucks for hot lapping.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I don't mind them as much. I mean I got Spada to level 25 by racing in public S class hoppers, anything else is cake compared to that. It is a bit of a drag with Dodge though, I have not found a single one of those things that I like at all. On the other hand, I would have never realized how good some of the Trans Ams are if it wasn't for that badge (which is also the coolest badge in the game).

Also I'd gladly drive 1000 miles in any of the cars that have that badge then ever step foot in a Plymouth or Eagle Talon ever again. gently caress those things.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Nov 11, 2013

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves

pvax posted:

Ohhh ... those are my favorite bits of Forza'ing. I'm an admittedly terrible racer who never seems to keep the same hours as everyone else. But ... I'm a decent enough lapper, when I get into it, and love seeing a big wall o' times.

This exactly!

GT: Joey Aces

Had to delete all of my Forza DLC due to GTA 5 (poverty box :cry:)

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Seymour Butts posted:

Had to delete all of my Forza DLC due to GTA 5 (poverty box :cry:)

Buy a cheap laptop hard drive. There are quite a few of them that can be reflashed to work in an Xbox 360, you can do any size that's been officially released.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Hey Forza goons, been lurking here for a while after picking up 4 this summer. This isn't exactly about Forza but It was because of the game that I wanted to do this and felt that I could do this. I did one of those exotic cars on a track deals. It was a blast, and I was pretty happy with my run and the car I chose. If you have a chance to try it sometime do it. Although the limited number of laps sucks I felt it was worth it. Here is my last lap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoQAISnG9Ek

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Any update on the amalgamated club? If so, could someone shoot me an invite? - GT: PISSBOY SPASTIC :cheers:

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Scatterfold posted:

Any update on the amalgamated club? If so, could someone shoot me an invite? - GT: PISSBOY SPASTIC :cheers:
No update. I am going to be moving this weekend so if nothing happens the next couple days, someone might be inclined to create a new club. EAGR was mentioned as a possibility.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

So, lobby crashes are back in a big way. I've been in 6 hopper lobbies the last two days that crashed.

What the gently caress, did they undo the patch that fixed this poo poo or something

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

No update. I am going to be moving this weekend so if nothing happens the next couple days, someone might be inclined to create a new club. EAGR was mentioned as a possibility.

Ok, so the bad news is that EAGR isn't available. In lieu of something named in jest, I've set up [EASA] (EuroAmerican SomethingAwful) which was pretty much the only tag left. I'm sorry it's not very sexy, but hopefully the racing will be.

I'm gonna sit here in front of the xbox and accept any requests from people who want to join the club. It'd also be nice if the various pre-existing clubs would let me know who they think should be their delegate for the co-captain positions. Also I don't intend to captain myself! I just wanted to get the car club all set up so we could enjoy those lovely joint leaderboards.

If you want an invite please send me a message over xbox live to GT: PISSBOY SPASTIC and I'll get on it as soon as possible. Please let me know your SA username as well, just in case non-forum folk ask to join...

:cheers:

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Scatterfold posted:

Ok, so the bad news is that EAGR isn't available. In lieu of something named in jest, I've set up [EASA] (EuroAmerican SomethingAwful) which was pretty much the only tag left. I'm sorry it's not very sexy, but hopefully the racing will be.

I'm gonna sit here in front of the xbox and accept any requests from people who want to join the club. It'd also be nice if the various pre-existing clubs would let me know who they think should be their delegate for the co-captain positions. Also I don't intend to captain myself! I just wanted to get the car club all set up so we could enjoy those lovely joint leaderboards.

If you want an invite please send me a message over xbox live to GT: PISSBOY SPASTIC and I'll get on it as soon as possible. Please let me know your SA username as well, just in case non-forum folk ask to join...

:cheers:
Cool, sounds good. I'm currently the head of AUGR and I'm willing to be a co-leader in this new group. I'm pretty active in the game and am usually on 3-4 times a week. gt: whatcubed3 Won't be home till about 5:30pm Central US time.

e: just joined up and sent out a small handful of invites.

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Nov 13, 2013

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
I just sent a club join request to a guy who's bio includes stats on poop eating :haw:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

SBC '13 Season 5 starts Thursday. Only one from here who ever showed up for Season 4 besides Cubivore was Kilonum and that was for like 2 races :(

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
I have a car built and ready to go, but something ALWAYS comes up every Thursday. I'll keep trying though.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

speedtek posted:

I just sent a club join request to a guy who's bio includes stats on poop eating :haw:

Technically coprophilia is poop-sensation play; coprolagnia is eating poo poo :nexus: but I'm glad to see you're in the club anyhoo. Back late tonight but will accept any incoming requests then.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"
If any of you babies are up past 10 pm est, do this

B class
Must be a pony/muscle car from the classic era (60s and 70s). No your lovely british imitation doesn't count.
No engine/drivetrain swaps
No race tires/aero

Tracks to be determined on the spot.

There will be epic unlimited soccar after.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

burtonos posted:

No your lovely british imitation doesn't count.
gently caress that poo poo. This car owns a whole generation (at least) of Mustangs.

I'd bring it out of spite if I could leave work.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Nov 14, 2013

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

gently caress that poo poo. This car owns a whole generation (at least) of Mustangs.

I'd bring it out of spite if I could leave work.

I wonder what kind of engine they put in it :allears:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

burtonos posted:

I wonder what kind of engine they put in it :allears:
I wonder why you won't allow it in your spec? :allears:

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

You know I only run one spec, dice racing. Go yell at Lama.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

burtonos posted:

I'm just finishing a car now. Send me an invite when the lobby is open. GT: molgandhi

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

burtonos posted:

O yeah, you're right.

Llama!!! :argh:

(point still moot... can't race anyway... meh)

Somebody take a V8 Vantage anyway, say Howdy sent you!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Did you actually run Llamas spec? Because we played GT Legends instead.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Cojawfee posted:

Did you actually run Llamas spec? Because we played GT Legends instead.
Who do I have to friend on steam to make this happen for me? :D

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You gotta friend us on facebook or go on the forum.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Who do i have to yell at to get allowed into EASA?
I applied as AzMiLion. i was in SAEG before this.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

AzMiLion posted:

Who do i have to yell at to get allowed into EASA?
I applied as AzMiLion. i was in SAEG before this.
I've been without Internet until now for about a week (moving), I'll be on later tonight and if no one has let you in yet, I'll auth you.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Jumped in a hopper and the very first race, the lobby crashed :negative:

It also happened twice yesterday. What the gently caress is going on, how is this getting worse, goddammit gently caress

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Hey nerds, I finally got Gold again and I miss racing with you all. Let's do some online stuff sometime, I want to have fun in the C-and-below classes against real people.

I'll even bring my Gremlin for some E class fun :3:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I'm down to race this weekend, hopefully we can rope some other guys in as well.

Also join EASA if you haven't yet.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Just logged in today and noticed the invite but I cant join until I buy gold. I'd be up for some racing this weekend as long as you arent doing crazy rear end moon hours for us europeans.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Do we need a new PGS thread for easa? Might be handy to have a centralized organisational place. Could dunp all the specs in thre too!

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

bald and fail II posted:

Just logged in today and noticed the invite but I cant join until I buy gold. I'd be up for some racing this weekend as long as you arent doing crazy rear end moon hours for us europeans.

I got a 14 day Gold card w/ my xbone; I'll send it across to you when I'm home mate.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Scatterfold posted:

I got a 14 day Gold card w/ my xbone; I'll send it across to you when I'm home mate.

Very good and cool, thanks.

On that note is there a way to buy just the code on amazon or something? I was out and forgot to get one like a big retard.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

bald and fail II posted:

Very good and cool, thanks.

On that note is there a way to buy just the code on amazon or something? I was out and forgot to get one like a big retard.

Yeah you can buy codes on Amazon. Also depending on how you feel about it, there are usually goons selling them in SA-Mart for discounted prices.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Cannot Find Server posted:

I'm down to race this weekend, hopefully we can rope some other guys in as well.

Also join EASA if you haven't yet.

I'll be in for racing this weekend.
Everyone is EASA should also have some rivals alerts to keep you busy. I went through and set times on all the events I had skipped in the past.

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!
Would also be nice if we could get some more EASA people to turn up for tuesday night fun races and thursday night serious races. Race lobbies usually start going up around 5 PM pacific.

The current SBC series has a pretty good car selection.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
It was really fun meeting Basticle, Ebo, Veevee et al., I'm sorry I am so out of practice. I was actually going to try to learn some GTA V when Kaddion invited me and I couldn't say no.

You probably wish I had.

Even though I don't really deserve it (driving wise) I love my [GTCC] tag, so GentlemanOfLeisure thank you for the EASA invite. It means a lot to me, even if you sent it before my probation and disagreements in the FM5 thread, it's an honor to be invited.

BTW even after eight months without driving I still managed to podium 3rd in my '71 Skyline with a clean lap! I'm a '71 myself, so I was pleased.

I wish you guys would come to FM5 but it was fun arguing merits of racing games in person instead of over the forums.

Unfortunately for me, I can't make weeknight race nights because I am usually at work (I work 2nd shift at an airport).

Still, great meeting you new folks and hollerin at you guys I've known a long time.

Thanks again for the invite.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
The Penny Arcade guys are fun to race with, yeah. I've been wanting to do more of the organized racing with them but I've just been too busy.

And I figured most of the GTCC guys would stay put, since your club actually has history before FM4, unlike AUGR or the others. And I've always enjoyed racing with you, some arguing/discussion in a thread doesn't matter :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

some arguing/discussion in a thread doesn't matter :unsmith:

Listen man, words on the internet are serious goddamn business.

• Locked thread