Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Here is the article

http://onwardstate.com/2013/10/28/pro-joe-paterno-billboard-raising-funds-to-avoid-removal/

Hahaha from that article's comments

quote:

It's too bad the Trustees' dereliction of duty, and the NCAA's dishonesty, made it necessary to promote the wins that were once taken as a basic matter of fact. Your argument is with the Trustees, and not with the alumni.

The Trustees started the moral equivalent of a civil war at Penn State, chose to perpetuate it despite good faith efforts at reconciliation, and are now willfully harming the University by interfering with the lawsuit against the NCAA. (The lawsuit's success would restore the University's good name, $60 million of its money, and maybe punitive damages against the NCAA.) They started it, they continued it, but we will finish it. We will expose the NCAA and Freeh Group for what they are, vote out the Trustees, and compel others to resign (as apparently happened to Garban and Surma).

quote:

The incompetent Trustees, along with Louis Freeh's and the NCAA's dishonesty, are what devalued your PSU degree. You cannot get rid of cancer by wishing it away. You have to cut it out (we have excised three alumni Trustees, and another did not run for reelection), and/or burn it out with radiation and chemotherapy (Garban and Surma apparently became uncomfortable enough to leave "voluntarily," and I think Kenneth "people that look like you" Frazier will be next). Freeh and the NCAA also are part of the cancer. The alumni are the oncologists.

The BOT is admittedly not evil, but cowardice and incompetence, followed by willful refusal to perform its duty to assess the Freeh Report, make it every bit as bad as if it were evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
OK I find this exchange about alternate/contemporary uniform styles pretty hilarious.

GET OFF MY LAWN posted:

I'm completely sick of all these "Look at me! I matter!" uniforms.

I don't give a rat's fart what a bunch of 19 and 20 year old kids think. These are the same idiots that are listening to (some) lovely music and think McDonald's makes a good burger. They can barely dress themselves. So why do I want them having any say in what MY loving SCHOOL wears on the field?

Sane Person posted:

Since the dawn of Man, no older generation has ever been satisfied with the culture of the younger generation. I'm sure when you were younger older people were "completely sick" of your taste in music and style of dress. Times change.

GET OFF MY LAWN posted:

Maybe but a classic look still works any time. Dressing like poo poo makes you look like an idiot. When I was in high school and college people were wearing some stupid rear end poo poo. Stuff like Z. Cavaricci or Girbaud. I didn't do it. I wore regular khakis and button down oxfords. The same things I wear to work today, 25 years later. And it was the same thing that normal kids wore when my parents were in college in the mid 60s.

Thermos H Christ fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Oct 30, 2013

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

the best part is that they're probably spending all of this money to put it up somewhere surrounded by people who already believe that dumb poo poo anyway

The best part about it is that it's practically in the middle of loving nowhere.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Thermos H Christ posted:

OK I find this exchange about alternate/contemporary uniform styles pretty hilarious.

Caste Football is missing a retard.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Chichevache posted:

Caste Football is missing a retard.

Is there a WASP football forum?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Neil Armbong posted:

Is there a WASP football forum?

Yeah, it's Caste Football

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Yeah, it's Caste Football

And lo, Neil Armbong was never heard from again, for he was one of the chosen to leave this Sodom, and enjoyed everlasting bliss of writing about how lazy black players are, and no longer would he fear putting on his white pride avatar and signature. He was home.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

ZenVulgarity posted:

And lo, Neil Armbong was never heard from again, for he was one of the chosen to leave this Sodom, and enjoyed everlasting bliss of writing about how lazy black players are, and no longer would he fear putting on his white pride avatar and signature. He was home.

Hahaha. I was wondering if there was maybe a place with more subtle racism for white people with 10 foot poles up their asses to lament how great the 40s were for them.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Neil Armbong posted:

Hahaha. I was wondering if there was maybe a place with more subtle racism for white people with 10 foot poles up their asses to lament how great the 40s were for them.

Back in the good old days Golden Tate wouldn't have been able to celebratestep foot on the field.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Thermos H Christ posted:

Why do I want kids who attend MY loving SCHOOL have any say in what MY loving SCHOOL wears????

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

And there is now a pledge drive going hoping to make enough money to keep it up indefinitely

Somebody do a pledge drive to get me the gently caress out of this state

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

quote:

Is it time the Skins move on from RG3?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...calls-out-rg3/

Washington Post called out RG3. And it was about time someone did..

Compared to how Luck and Russell Wilson are playing this year.. is it safe to say that RG3 may just never be an elite QB? We all are making up excuses but could that just be the sad truth..?

From good ole Walterfootball.com and their forums. As we all know 1.5 seasons is more than enough time to make judgments on a guy's career. Especially immediately coming off RotY seasons.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Chichevache posted:

Back in the good old days Golden Tate wouldn't have been able to celebratestep foot on the field.

Shoulda been a WHITE cornerback covering him, but you know THEY won't let any of those in the league.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
So the Richie Incognito/Jonathan Martin thing has resulted in some absolute gems from Miami Dolphins message boards:

P h i N s A N i T y posted:

Something tells me that Martin is a homosexual. I think they call that gaydar, but it fits in with this mysterious drama. It was supposedly a cafeteria prank that set Martin off..... Fruitcake, anyone ? Seriously though I'm starting to think/hope that's what this is about.

NyPhinfan posted:

Finally someone said it. Just pure speculation but it's been hinted at since Day one and throughout this fiasco. Just watch how quickly this thing gets used and made an agenda about. First thing that popped into my head. Reason why it's been kept hush hush and dealt with pillow hands.

Vertical Limit posted:

Never thought of that angle but now that you brought it up, I think he is..

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Catfish Noodlin posted:

So the Richie Incognito/Jonathan Martin thing has resulted in some absolute gems from Miami Dolphins message boards:

I love this wonderful investigating! :allears:

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Henchman of Santa posted:

Why do I want kids who attend MY loving SCHOOL have any say in what MY loving SCHOOL wears????

Somehow it just dawned on me that he included "thinking McDonald's makes a good burger" on his list of things those drat fool kids are up to these days. Aren't you just sick to death of all those 19-20 year olds who will. not. shut. up. about how McDonald's makes a really good burger? Do these drat kids know literally nothing about burgers? Completely sick of it.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

I thought we were supposed to post horrible posts?

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
:stare: drat son

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Please send that man a PM with the password to the SA account I will buy him.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
How do you arrive at "a ski mask and possibly a motorcycle helmet" tho??

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I'm so glad someone got that too. That's like being positive he's wearing underwear and unsure if he's got pants on

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Rap posted:

How do you arrive at "a ski mask and possibly a motorcycle helmet" tho??

It probably isn't a full face helmet then, something like a 3/4 helmet with a visor.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Here's some more Richie Incognito/Jonathan Martin stuff from ThePhins.com:

PlanB posted:

When they grow up believing they are a victim from birth;
Martin's father, Gus Martin, is a Harvard University graduate and a professor of criminal justice administration at California State University, Dominguez Hills.[1] Martin's grandfather, also a Harvard alumnus, was a professor in international development.[2] Martin's maternal great grandfather was a Harvard student in the 1920s, one of a dozen African-American students there.[3]
No way they were not going to the media with this and turn this whole thing into something its not. Incognito is screwed blue and Tattooed. He messed with the wrong ****er to coin a phrase. (I hate that word as much as anyone) . But this is a grown 340 pound man running home to mama and papa. A Professional NFL player! God I hate the media for becoming a tool to help feed this victimization mentality. Ritchie is an *******. We all know that. But I truly believe all texts ,emails were taken out of context. Ritchie will be served on a platter to feed this B.S. and J. Martin, a boy among men will get a hefty settlement for being a victim. Something he was taught to be from birth.

vt_dolfan posted:

Im not saying this is the only reason, but I believe it has significance.

The NFL has been marketing directly to younger women. And there is a significant reason as to why they are doing this. These are the younger women who will most likely be having babies within the next 5-10 years. As the kids grow, with all of the PR hit the league has taken regarding safety in football, if a mother feels the game is unsafe, she will be less likely to allow her son to play the game. This was discussed in pretty long length at the beginning of the week on the Colin Cowherd show.

quote:
‘Softer’ NFL Turns To Merchandising, Women To Expand Fan Base

The guy who earlier posted the bit about Jonathan Martin being gay had another thread he started edited, so he re-edited his post into this:

P h i N s A N i T y posted:

Post altered by mod, I'm not going to be bullied by mods being bullied.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Dolphins fans are by and large grumpy old white guys so this is unsurprising even if it is super disappointing

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I hate the word N***** as much as anyone thusly i limit my use of it to once every three days

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Just drop these off from Texans Talk about the Martin/Incognito thing:

rear end in a top hat Texans Fan posted:

Yes, the whole situation is really very silly isn't it. But I won't be at all surprised if we see a piece on the nightly national news soon suggesting there should be sensitivity training for NFL players re their interactions with both opponents and teammates. The NFL is definitely in full-blown wussification mode
and we are headed full speed towards touch football.

Same rear end in a top hat Texans Fan posted:

I'm gonna have to do this Jen, I don't want to, but I must to make my point.
I'm guessing you've never played football ? OK, well I have, both in high school and in college, though I assure my collegiate football experience was very unremarkable and the scholastic end of it not much better. But while playing in HS and college, I can't tell you how many incidents I've seen of bullying, varying degrees to be sure. And actually a couple of them were pretty flagrant, pretty nasty situations in other words. It's part of the territory, it's a very, very physical sport played by some really tough guys, certainly at the NFL level. And it's also tough mentally and psychologically because much of it is about being the most macho person in the contest, winning whichever mano-a-mano contest a player might be involved in that's always playing out on the field be it CB vs WR, OT vs edge-rusher, OC vs NT, TE vs LB, etc. In other words, a guy has to have a certain mentality or psyche along with athletic talent, or he's not got what it takes for serious football, certainly not pro ball. And seminars or sensitive training or whatever aren't gonna correct the situation, not for the bully or his victim. Best solution would be to change occupations to office work, or something, anything that's civilized because pro football isn't.

A Different rear end in a top hat Texans Fan posted:

This is true

And be cut before the start of next season if the Lawyers will let the Dolphins cut him. Martin has been soft and played terrible this yr. He was being counted on to be the Dolphins LT for the next 10 yrs. He couldn't handle those responsibilities and was weak minded.

This story gets the fans mind off of his terrible play and focuses on his feelings, which was his goal in all of this. Incognito was trying to toughen Martin up and help the team. Did he go too far and use despicable behavior? Yes.

But apparently most of the Dolphins OL mates agrred with Incognito and backed him up. The Dolphins coaches must have agreed with Incognito also because they didn't stop it. This means that Martin wont be long for Miami.

Martin's biggest knock coming out of college was that he wasn't physical enough. Sounds like Martin will be Gary's RT of the future. I'm sure he will fit in quite well with Newton.

BTW, this is why it will be a long time before an openly gay player will be welcomed on a team. Teams look to avoid stuff like this like the plague. If you were to ask Ireland if he's glad that he drafted Martin or if he wishes he would've passed on Martin and Ireland was honest, I garuntee you Martin wouldn't be a Dolphin today.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
these people are fans of the texans which employ hipster/new-age hippie vegetarian Arian Foster right

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Let's hit up footballsfuture and see what they're talking about this morning:

quote:

This is such a textbook way of getting out of football.The guy has lawyers in his family and the way its all worded by his lawyer is such a blatant way of cowardly getting out of his contractual duties. The guy is just using this stuff because he probably doesn't want to play football anymore.

quote:

I literally hear the word daily. It's no longer synonymous with "hate" as it once was 20, 30, 60 years ago. For a lack of better term, it's almost used as a term of endearment these days. Granted, some do use it with offensive intentions but that's become the exception and is no longer the rule.

I hear the "B-word" dropped daily too, but I don't assume everyone using it is sexist.

quote:

No NFL insider is accusing Incognito of being a racist. Not even the guys who hate him. Why are you? Oh right, because you're a bunch of morons and think anyone who uses a racial slur is a racist.

quote:

Anyone else find it a tad bit coincidental that Martin lost his starting LT spot to Bryant McKinnie just a few days before dropping this "bomb" ?? Also, Brian Hartline was quoting as saying that earlier in the season Martin was passing around his phone with the infamous voice mail on it, laughing and sharing it with everyone...

More and more, this is looking like one of those situations where someone is unhappy they aren't getting their way and trying to make everyone else just as miserable. I mean, the only one speaking on behalf of Martin is his lawyer....what does that tell you ?? He's protecting lies.

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass
Well drat, this means I gotta move the "Racists" circle on my racism Venn diagram a bit, hold on

nah
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

I hear the "B-word" dropped daily too, but I don't assume everyone using it is sexist.

Actually probably a safe assumption.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Actually probably a safe assumption.

yeah "butt" is a perfectly fine word to use in public :jerkbag:
Pardon my french also

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

quote:

No NFL insider is accusing Incognito of being a racist. Not even the guys who hate him. Why are you? Oh right, because you're a bunch of morons and think anyone who uses a racial slur is a racist.
This reads like a Colbert Report line.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Is there a reason why posts like this:

http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=43824

Don't exist on TFF?

outside of the rivals.com puns (which are correctly banned because they're lazy attempts at humor). It seems like posters here are kind of more chill about things.

also, I don't understand why "Steeler" fans like to cling to Lombardi trophy's like their some sort of self worth.

e: Not saying all Steeler fans are like this. The goons from PA are good peeps. Just the ones I've ran into offline can be kind of jerks about it.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Nov 14, 2013

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I'm going to guess it boils down to :10bux: and moderators who don't take much poo poo from anybody.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Every time I go to another message board I realize how great the signature policy is here.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Ribsauce posted:

Every time I go to another message board I realize how great the signature policy is here.

God, no kidding, my brain automatically spends 5 seconds trying to parse why they'd post that image and what relation it has to what they said.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ribsauce posted:

Honestly if I were a Steelers fan I would love being able to respond to fans of the Browns, Bengals, Seahawks, Lions, etc with this sig.

I don't know why, but it is infectious.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

quote:

This is such a load of bs... winston and fsu will not be phased.. ESPN they need to get their facts straight. I also think this goes to show how much of a joke our Judaical system is. And in almost every case the victim was a drunk girl who made regrettable decisions and it is her fault I do not feel bad one bit, but I know Jameis had nothing to with this

Trev Lee · Top Commenter · Florida State University

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

il serpente cosmico posted:

Trev Lee · Top Commenter · Florida State University

Jesus. You'd think he might have gone for the "Winston didn't do it and is a half foot taller than whoever did" angle but I guess that's another option.

• Locked thread