Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Cricket Australia's player management policy is getting a bit ridiculous. Faulkner is playing a shield game for Tasmania and he only bowled 8 overs out of the first 80 in the innings because he's been put on an over limit to maintain "mental freshness" whatever the gently caress that means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
We think CA has been bought out by the BCCI, rather it's an elaborate ruse where the ECB have got full control over our board via dark magic

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Oh man, first cricket I'm watching since the world cup. So excite for Sachin!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Ive never wanted to be in a cricket ground more than right now tbh. It sounds amazing.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
Given how poo poo WI are, I don't think India will bat twice. This could be Sachin's last innings.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Anarkii posted:

Given how poo poo WI are, I don't think India will bat twice. This could be Sachin's last innings.

Same thing happened in ~Sir Don~'s last innings. I'm surprised he's batted this long though. And the commentary is nauseating.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

31.2 Johnson to Cook, 3 wides, Johnson off target again, this one is sprayed down the leg side and retrieved by Harris at fine leg

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

webmeister posted:

Same thing happened in ~Sir Don~'s last innings. I'm surprised he's batted this long though. And the commentary is nauseating.

Tendulkar's already on 38, Bradman got a duck - Tendulkar is thus ∞ times better

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
No I meant that Bradman's duck was in the first innings, so nobody realised it was his last innings until a couple of days later.

But that works too :v:

chyaroh
Aug 8, 2007
The fellating that the commentators are giving Tendulkar, while expected, is astounding. The last three overs made me think that the commentators were watching a totally different game to me. Tendulkar was obviously extremely nervous leading up to stumps, but the commentators make it seem like he was 350 not out in a park cricket game and smoking the ball everywhere. I am glad he made it to stumps though.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
I want him to be out LBW on 99 to a ball that was going wide and over the top, took an edge first, and the bowler overstepped the crease.

And then he trips and tears the seat of his pants walking off the ground.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
Sachin only needs something like a 17000* to eclipse Bradman's career average. No pressure.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Why is Adam Gilchrist appearing in Navy advertisements? :psyduck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cgX-apecRY

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Scylo posted:

Why is Adam Gilchrist appearing in Navy advertisements? :psyduck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cgX-apecRY

Money.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Good to see the new drop-in pitch at Adelaide Oval has kept its road characteristics.

Western Australia 434
South Australia 348/1 (117.0 ov)

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Tendulkar out for 74. All jokes aside, if I ever see a batsman as good in my life I'll consider myself a very lucky man.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Shmoses posted:

Tendulkar out for 74. All jokes aside, if I ever see a batsman as good in my life I'll consider myself a very lucky man.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Shmoses posted:

Did you never see Lara?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

The question is why on earth are they paying money for adam gilchrist to appear in a navy ad?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Shmoses posted:

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Did you never see Lara?

Did you ever see me playing for my high school's 4th XI?

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

rip sachin

someone pop him in a matchbox and bury him in the backyard. it's what he would have wanted

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Did you never see Lara?

He said as good as, not better than.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Players better than Tendulkar

Kallis
Sangakarra
Lara
Dravid
Ponting
Phil Hughes

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

That bloke with the bushy beard.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Scylo posted:

Players better than Tendulkar

Kallis
Sangakarra
Lara
Dravid
Ponting

Chanderpaul (Check his last 50 tests out - average of 70!)
Amla

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Shmoses posted:

If not for Inzamam during the 2003 world cup, I question whether I ever would have become interested in cricket.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

which other recent batsmen have feasted on poor bowling stocks and are therefore better than tendulkar who did it against actual bowlers

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

To be fair he also got to fill his boots against 90s England.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Cricket Thread 2013: Iconoclasts R Us

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I was actually wishing Tendulkar would get a century so badly. Which is odd, because for the last 3 years i've wanted him to fail constantly.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
These 6 years is basically the reason people rate him the best in this era. This was when Wasim, Waqar, Saqlain, Warne, McGrath, Murali, Donald, Pollock, Walsh, Ambrose were all playing at their prime. Look at the daylight between him and Lara/Ponting/Dravid/Kallis (all played a similar amount of matches). Ponting and Dravid primed when the great bowlers started retiring. Lara was always inconsistent...he started with a couple of years of brilliance, and ended that way.

Tendulkar just played way too long. People tend to remember brilliance more than longevity, so his inevitable decline soured everyone. People who started watching cricket in the 2000s unsurprisingly rate Dravid, Ponting etc higher.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
If Atherton made 3000 runs in that time then the bowling couldn't have been that good.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
That list highlights how good Andy Flower was too.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
In more important cricket news, Afghanistan just got thrashed by the Dutch.

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

Well so did England that one time

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Ok, Finn's stats these innings, I'm thinking why.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

finn's wank

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
So is Rankin any good?

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Well for the match Finn took 8-191 and Rankin took 4-109 and now I can't decide who is going to play

• Locked thread