Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Clicking through the archive mindlessly I think i just found my favourite Toms comment http://gunnerkrigg.com/?p=334

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Rasamune posted:

Someone on Tumblr made a very good point about this: Take a moment and think about how this all looked from Annie's perspective. She sees smoke on the horizon in the direction of the lab, so she hurries over there, probably scared out of her wits... to see that everything's on fire, her best friend is making out with her other good friend, and all the robots have gathered to watch them in awe. What in the actual poo poo.

That... is actually a really, really good point.

Chronojam posted:

Antimony shouldn't be surprised, her friend is a scientist; they like to experiment.

I hope you're proud of yourself.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

AE-35 Unit posted:

"Uh... Miz Donlan, Miz Donlan..."

Miz Donlan Bot is one of my fave bots. Post yer fave Kriggbot ITT.

Everybody likes Robox.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Razorwired posted:

Everybody likes Robox.

He's alright, that robox

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature

Kikas posted:

Clicking through the archive mindlessly I think i just found my favourite Toms comment http://gunnerkrigg.com/?p=334

Man, if GC had one of those "random comic" buttons, we'd be lost.

My favourite kriggbot are all the ones from this chapter, I can't really pick a favourite. Well, except for Boxbot, of course, it doesn't count.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?
My favorite is the one talking to the doorman here.

On Annie's reaction, I can't help thinking she'll maybe feel a little bit betrayed over being kept out of the loop.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Heavy Zed posted:

On Annie's reaction, I can't help thinking she'll maybe feel a little bit betrayed over being kept out of the loop.

Yeah, it seems pretty likely she'll feel a bit hurt about Kat keeping a secret like that from her. And probably self-conscious about being one of the last, what, three? people she knows to get a partner. I wouldn't think it'd drive a wedge between them or anything, though.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

So, I just noticed this, but is the robot standing on the left side of the group(whose name I always forget) in the last panel the one that's always helping Paz?

No, no it's not. His name is Bobby, and the eyes don't match.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

neogeo0823 posted:

So, I just noticed this, but is the robot standing on the left side of the group(whose name I always forget) in the last panel the one that's always helping Paz?

No, no it's not. His name is Bobby, and the eyes don't match.

Also Bobby's legs don't look like that.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Heavy Zed posted:

Yeah, my non quote answer is actually the elite security bots from that chapter.

"I said halt, not run away!"

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Kikas posted:

That remind me that I wish we saw more of the psychopomps. The Jeanne storyline is connected to them though, so I'm sure we will. (Also they were part of Tom's very obvious heavy Neil Gaiman influence early on, so in a sense I guess their absence is part of Tom's maturation as an author. There is no such excuse for the shameful absence of Mort though).

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Cyphoderus posted:

Man, if GC had one of those "random comic" buttons, we'd be lost.

java script: var max;if(location.href.match('gunnerkrigg.com')){max=document.getElementsByName('comicID')[0].length+1;}else{max=980}location.href='http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID='+(Math.floor(Math.random()*max));

Not my work BTW

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Rumda posted:

java script: var max;if(location.href.match('gunnerkrigg.com')){max=document.getElementsByName('comicID')[0].length+1;}else{max=1275}location.href='http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID='+(Math.floor(Math.random()*max));

Fixed that for ya.

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.

mfcrocker posted:

Fixed that for ya.

Explain this wizardry. What do I need to do to make it work.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Krabkolash posted:

Add it as a bookmark, click on said bookmark.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Krabkolash posted:

use it as a bookmark
e:fb

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I hope the secret is that Annie is jealous and the rest of the homophobic commentators abandon ship.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Maybe Annie's gonna end up feeling lonely and decide to go talk to Lindsey about her feelings.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I feel like the people who think Annie's going to be homophobic missed the fact that she had nothing like that to say about Zimmy and Gamma. And also missed most of her character, but still.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
In a surprise twist, City Face will turn out to be the homophobic cast member everyone seems to be expecting. The reveal, however, will be delayed by him having no idea how to distinguish human males from human females.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Rasamune posted:

Someone on Tumblr made a very good point about this: Take a moment and think about how this all looked from Annie's perspective. She sees smoke on the horizon in the direction of the lab, so she hurries over there, probably scared out of her wits... to see that everything's on fire, her best friend is making out with her other good friend, and all the robots have gathered to watch them in awe. What in the actual poo poo.

I expect it's a combination of this and thinking she's a smooth operator for getting away undetected. Had she walked in on them smooching in the lab she probably would have stealthily knocked over a bunch of poo poo while giggling madly before setting something on fire as she clomped out the door. Outside she gives herself a mental pat on the back for being so discreet.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Rasamune posted:

Maybe Annie's gonna end up feeling lonely and decide to go talk to Lindsey about her feelings.

Annie/Lindsey. Calling it now. :downs:

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Annie is going to spend the rest of the chapter eating a bigass pizza and just being like "whooo! yes!" (about the pizza)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

I just figure Annie might end up a bit jealous. I don't see her as homophobic, that seems dumb. But it's normal at that age when your best friend for life starts dating and suddenly you aren't their number 1 favorite human being any more. Everyone goes through that. The sexes involved don't really matter, but I'm sure the jealously will still be there. It's just a question of whether she's overt about it or tries to suppress it and act natural. The old Annie probably would have remained externally calm, but the forest seems to be making her a bit more wild and open lately.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

That's OK then, she will probably put her newly-acquired diplomatic skills to solve this problem.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Wait what diplomatic sk-

OH GOD RUN :supaburn:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

She would've but the lab was already on fire when she got there

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Technically, the lab was extinguished. She could have totally lit it up for mood.

Or maybe she is now just making a running start...

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Reformed Pissboy posted:

Annie is going to spend the rest of the chapter eating a bigass pizza and just being like "whooo! yes!" (about the pizza)

I'm pretty sure this is what's going to happen, if you look at the last time we saw Annie her eyes are large and pizza-like, and in the one panel in this comic, her face lacks a mouth. That signifies the desire for pizza and the relief/jubilation of getting and eating the pizza.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
That right there is the face of jealousy.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
Maybe since Kat's secret is out, Annie will open up about whatever may or may not have gone on between her and Kamlen! (Note: I have not read Annie in the Forest (yet))

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well, Kat is pretty smitten.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

The Red Queen posted:

Maybe since Kat's secret is out, Annie will open up about whatever may or may not have gone on between her and Kamlen! (Note: I have not read Annie in the Forest (yet))

Well, as of the end of the first AitF, Annie had a bit of a crush, Kamlen was nice to her, but oh no! he has a girlfriend!

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Nov 15, 2013

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

She's so ~dreamy~

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Tollymain posted:

Well, Kat is pretty smitten.

I guess the robots were cool with it too, look at that tiny one just chugging along. :3:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Mazerunner posted:

Well, as of the end of the first AitF

Could you spoiler that? :(

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
We need a combination of :allears: and :3: now.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
It's been a while since we had a proper weekend cliffhanger, wasn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Fecha posted:

Could you spoiler that? :(

yes

but no sorry I forgot not everyone had it.