Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

coyo7e posted:

If you're on XBox, there's a privacy setting you have to turn on to allow social networking sites, from the dashboard.

That's set right. Those two pictures, for whatever reason, didn't save. Had a blast hooning around with some goons tonight in Weazel Action News Krew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Static!
Jul 17, 2007

Hold on, I'm watching this...
Race trade? Psn= mikaaay Can't find many awco guys anymore :/ where did cold forge go?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Static! posted:

Race trade? Psn= mikaaay Can't find many awco guys anymore :/ where did cold forge go?

im down. Ill be on in a bit. I think coldforge traded his copy in.

blackguy32 fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Nov 14, 2013

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

geeves posted:

Now I have a riot van, ho ho ho

Just wanted to say I almost died laughing at this post, so thanks, you jerk t:mad:

Static! posted:

Added you for future shenanigans. Accept my Jobs, I only take good ones.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.

Static! posted:

Race trade?

This is probably the most GTA thing that could be a term.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

For anyone that might be wondering: A flare won't light a gasoline trail.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
If any Playstation goons want to trade races, I'm itheawittn.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

If any Playstation goons want to trade races, I'm itheawittn.

Ill hop on. I just need 6 more races. After that, you can win them all.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I can't decide between getting a Rapid GT or the Carbonnizare for sport car racing. Does anyone have experience with both and has an opinion?

Carbon seems to be the top sports car, however the Rapid GT looks like it has the top ratings in the car stat comparison spreadsheet.

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006

PongAtari posted:

Good times running missions and tormenting pubbies with AWCO last night! Who had the crazy sand rail that looked kind of like an X-wing with the green lights on it, and how do I get one?

I didn't realize that everyone had mics... it's usually dead silent when I play. Might need to invest in a working one for myself.

That's the space docker :v:. I can help you dupe one when I get back on tonight - psn: gay__4__pay

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Dravs posted:

I can't decide between getting a Rapid GT or the Carbonnizare for sport car racing. Does anyone have experience with both and has an opinion?

Carbon seems to be the top sports car, however the Rapid GT looks like it has the top ratings in the car stat comparison spreadsheet.

The listed car stats are bogus. The Rapid GT wasn’t very good in the time trials I did with it. If you want a racing sportscar that isn’t a Carbonizzare, get a Feltzer.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Dravs posted:

I have the Rapid GT, bought it purely on looks (because it's an Aston Martin which are awesome).

It rides decently, doesn't hug the road as much as an Entity but definitely less prone to spinning out compared to the Comet.

If you're on PS3 I can let you test drive mine (has turbo and engine upgrades), though I won't be online until Sunday.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

bisticles posted:

That's set right. Those two pictures, for whatever reason, didn't save. Had a blast hooning around with some goons tonight in Weazel Action News Krew

I had a couple that didn't save as well.

geeves fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Nov 14, 2013

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Platystemon posted:

The listed car stats are bogus. The Rapid GT wasn’t very good in the time trials I did with it. If you want a racing sportscar that isn’t a Carbonizzare, get a Feltzer.

Choquettes for life! Not the best in class but I love them.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

geeves posted:

I had a couple that didn't save as well.

Nice, you caught my feeble attempt to save the Weazel Action News Chopper from fire.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I'm in BSH for another 24 hours... but I should be up for some hard-hitting investigative reporting this weekend.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Platystemon posted:

I'm not exactly good at races, but since I switched from a Carbonizzare to a Rapid GT I've consistently won much more often. It seems like it benefits from full upgrades more than the Carbonizzare does, and is quicker to recover from crashes which is important in actual races. And for races that involve any off road segments at all, the Carby seems to really suffer on those segments.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

What are your favorite lesser-known races?

I really like Raton Race. It's an off road race that is best run on a sanchez. You're climbing a huge hill and then bombing down it at full speed constantly on the edge of losing control. Real fun for rubbin racin.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Air Julio posted:

I really like Raton Race. It's an off road race that is best run on a sanchez. You're climbing a huge hill and then bombing down it at full speed constantly on the edge of losing control. Real fun for rubbin racin.

I really like Lost and Found. Thrills in the Hills is good too if you want some super tight streets and some decent hard turns.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

My power was out for the last 24 hours or I would have responded / caught you guys online sooner.

Thanks for the compliments on my SPECIAL REPORT, I'll try to do some more since people seemed to like it.

Scarf posted:

Someone is getting promoted...

Good, because news needs more high-profile female asian correspondents like myself. This one is me.

hiddenriverninja posted:

If you need some carnage footage to dub over, I got a capture card so I can provide you some.

If you're on PSN we could totally do a live report too :haw:

We could give it a go, add PSN: mr_dread

hiddenriverninja posted:

Are we... long lost video-game-on-the-internet sisters?

Yes

Dictator. posted:

Also, the Weazel News van spawns next to Mors. Couldn't just drive it into my garage though, and didn't feel like glitching it in.

You don't need to glitch it. Just take it to LSC and fit it with a tracker, then go home and take another car out of your garage or have your mechanic deliver one.

I gave up my news van for a Youga, since every time I tried to get a hard-hitting interview on the streets, my tires would get shot out / I would be way outpaced by every other type of car / I was murdered violently.

The stock Youga already seems to have a more robust engine than the Rumpo, so after upgrades, armor, run-flats, a panel conversion, and the Weazel News logo on the hood I think it'll be a fair replacement.

NeoSeeker posted:

Mr dread I had a fun time leveling last night.

If anyone wants help with missions or anything at this point I'm leveling up. I'm happy to help noobs. Message satchmo420 and indicate you're a goon. Level 73 so I have a grenade launcher and poo poo

Me too, bro. I'm pretty much always down to grind out races or lend a really, really inept gunhand.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Has anyone had any luck glitching stuff into their garage recently? Every time I try it from what I've seen on youtube I can't get it to work at all. If someone has time later this evening and wouldn't mind helping guide my stupid rear end through this I'd be thankful for the help.

PSN Woodshelf

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Air Julio posted:

The Sanchez race that starts at the Dam and takes you downhill through the LA river is really fun. You are up on the sides of the river and there are a lot of choke points. A lot of times you feel like the end of Bad Boys where the Porsche and Cobra are racing toward the small gap.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Athanatos posted:

The Sanchez race that starts at the Dam and takes you downhill through the LA river is really fun. You are up on the sides of the river and there are a lot of choke points. A lot of times you feel like the end of Bad Boys where the Porsche and Cobra are racing toward the small gap.

This is my favourite race in the game ("The Dam before the Storm" if anyone's curious), but sadly you can only do it with four people.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Aishan posted:

This is my favourite race in the game ("The Dam before the Storm" if anyone's curious), but sadly you can only do it with four people.

Aww man thats a bummer. Sounds really cool but I usually run in a crew of 5. Will definitely have to check this one out though.

Grand tour is friggin awesome too. I can't wait to make a race that just laps around the entire freeway.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Aishan posted:

There is a Bike one that starts at the horse track that has a similar dynamic. Starts with doing steeple jumps around the track.

Air Julio posted:

Grand tour is friggin awesome too. I can't wait to make a race that just laps around the entire freeway.

Make the checkpoints on the left side of the road and turn traffic on.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Air Julio posted:

A sign of things to come.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Athanatos posted:

Make the checkpoints on the left side of the road and turn traffic on.

I was planning on making this race as Australian Style Commute.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Any GTA race with wanted levels on is incredibly fun.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I need a good modded compact for my garage... any recommendations or are they all pretty equal?

falconry
Oct 9, 2012
It seems like 80 percent of servers I log into now has one red dot hanging in that same 400k apt. I seriously had 3 in row where that was happening, each were different players. Bounty time really needs to be paused when you enter your apartment.

e: The Blista is the best compact imo

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Scarf posted:

I need a good modded compact for my garage... any recommendations or are they all pretty equal?

Most of the time the Blista is best, but in a few races the Issi can perform better.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
It turns out having an insured fire truck and putting hot players out pisses them off more than any other way of killing them :haw:

Now if only we could play dress-up to that level.

Popeadactyl
Jul 28, 2009

dumb and gay
After a brief BF4 break I think I am going to start chasing the GTA dragon again. If anyone wants to do some race trading or just loving around in general then please shoot me a friend request. My gamertag is Popeadactyl

I accepted the Weazel News invite and am looking forward to future endeavors..especially if the Beach Party pack has banana hammocks

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

MrLonghair posted:

It turns out having an insured fire truck and putting hot players out pisses them off more than any other way of killing them :haw:

Now if only we could play dress-up to that level.
A couple nights ago several Stairs goons and I were killing this one pubby who refused to ragequit, for well over an hour. He eventually started hiding on second story walkways behind cover, so I broke out the firetruck and drowned him through the concrete.

THEN he quit. :laugh:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Rapdawg posted:

anyone have a list of missions in the game that are actually fun to play? I want heists as much as the next guy, and loving around The Altruists was fun, but once money and RP are no longer a concern the reason to do missions are for Fun.

These are my favorites for fun value. Best with friends; this isn't a list of missions I play alone/with random players.

Martin:
Rooftop Rumble
Defender
Extradition - once you learn that Lazers spawn at Sandy Shores airfield for this mission, anyway
Los Santos Connection

Lester:
By Land, Sea, and Air
Chemical Extraction
Hack and Dash
Landing Strip
Stocks and Scares - especially if you set up a trap for the Patriots that try to murder you as you escape with the documents.

Ron:
Landing Gear (best Ron mission by a factor of 10,000,000)

Trevor:
I just take whatever he offers. Chopper Tail is probably my favorite because dune buggies.

there are some other missions which are fun but not fun to do regularly, like Titan of a Job is cool as hell ... once or twice. No more than that.

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Nov 14, 2013

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Scarf posted:

Either the Blista or Issi. They're about the same speed, Issi might have the edge in acceleration, but the Issi has a tendency to oversteer when driven hard, where the Blista will understeer.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
The best race is Arms Race with mode set to GTA, weather set to rain, class set to Muscle, SUV, or Compact, and traffic/wanted levels on.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Rain and muscle is just cruel and unusual treatment. My Phoenix has enough problems with rear stability as it is :negative:

I mean it's sort of a given that all muscle cars will slip at the slightest provocation but which one is the most stable out of the class? Gauntlet or Dominator?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
I just want DLC garages. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

durty
Jan 28, 2009

Install Windows posted:

The best race is Arms Race with mode set to GTA, weather set to rain, class set to Muscle, SUV, or Compact, and traffic/wanted levels on.

Or bicycles. Just ends up with trying to sprint to the next checkpoint while dodging army dudes trying to run you over in jeeps

• Locked thread