Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
Well, I take back everything I said earlier then. This sounds like it's going to be one hell of a movie when it comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

It isn't just an environmental message.

Are you hinting there are debauched giants??

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The poster for Chen Kaige's new movie.

It's a bit boring (the poster, can't comment on the film).

And a character poster for Lego Batman for the upcoming Lego Movie.

I'm glad that Will Arnett is getting work, and it's a fairly inspired casting choice.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

Are you hinting there are debauched giants??

The below spoiler is only a spoiler if you believe spoiling the plot of multiple thousand year old religious texts qualifies as a spoiler.

The Grigori aka the Watchers are referenced in the promo material and they're critically important to the Noah story's action-filled expansion pack The Book of Enoch and are creators of the Nephilim the 50 meter tall fire-vomiting cannibal giants which God must drown the world to purge.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Barudak posted:

The below spoiler is only a spoiler if you believe spoiling the plot of multiple thousand year old religious texts qualifies as a spoiler.

The Grigori aka the Watchers are referenced in the promo material and they're critically important to the Noah story's action-filled expansion pack The Book of Enoch and are creators of the Nephilim the 50 meter tall fire-vomiting cannibal giants which God must drown the world to purge.

Hoooooooooooooooooooly poo poo.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Will Arnett is exactly who'd I'd cast as comedy Batman.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Will Arnett is exactly who'd I'd cast as comedy Batman.

If Kevin Conroy stops doing Batman voice work, Will Arnett would be the guy I would hire as a replacement. His work as Gob Bluth showed he's actually got the perfect vocal range.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

"$60,000 bat suit ... COME ON!!"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
That Noah movie sounds amazing.

Unrelated, what movie did people mistake for "battleship pokemon"?

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Macaluso posted:

Unrelated, what movie did people mistake for "battleship pokemon"?

I think he was joking, but Battleship Potemkin was re-released in UK cinemas a few years ago.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Best Beef In The South forever.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes
Yeah, I retract all my previous statements about the Noah movie. From the poster, it looks like another boring "epic", but that just sounds like the most wonderful experience.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Yeah. I might even break my 'no Russell Crowe' rule if even half of that is true.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I've never minded a bit of Russel Crowe, where appropriate.
This film sounds boss, sign me up.

I really like the generic epic poster too if it'll trick an unknowing audience into seeing it.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Barudak posted:

Yeah thanks bra I didn't know about giants from the bible or anything I was just pulling that question about the movie out of my rear end. I want to know what these giants will be up too, because the authors of the old testament sure as poo poo weren't talking about global warming they as much as they were talking about angels loving hot as ladies and making monsters.

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.
Sam Smith has another poster he created for his monthly column on The Dissolve. It's for the Scarlett Johansson as an alien movie Under The Skin. He goes through his thought process in creating the poster, and what decisions he had to specifically make. I love these articles even if I don't always love his finished products, though I think they're pretty cool.

Check it out here: http://thedissolve.com/features/frames/270-the-forthcoming-under-the-skin-gets-an-otherworldl/

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

Yeah thanks bra I didn't know about giants from the bible or anything I was just pulling that question about the movie out of my rear end. I want to know what these giants will be up too, because the authors of the old testament sure as poo poo weren't talking about global warming they as much as they were talking about angels loving hot as ladies and making monsters.

That part I don't know. What I do know is that the Book of Enoch deserves to be made into a Game of Death Kung-Fu action film where Enoch must kill the Grigori one by one to earn the title of Metatron with each of the Grigori using the forbidden knowledge* they gave to man to fight him.

*One of these is literally make-up amongst other gifts.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Barudak posted:

That part I don't know. What I do know is that the Book of Enoch deserves to be made into a Game of Death Kung-Fu action film where Enoch must kill the Grigori one by one to earn the title of Metatron with each of the Grigori using the forbidden knowledge* they gave to man to fight him.

*One of these is literally make-up amongst other gifts.

Actually, Book of Enoch was made into a game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Forgall posted:

Actually, Book of Enoch was made into a game.

As an aside about it, the game is actually insanely dedicated to following the scant text within the Book of Enoch, Chapters 1-13 that it is almost astounding. I love that a random dream Enoch has way later in the "historical" portion of the book about his ancestors is the basis for the mini-bosses.

Its also why an action film about this would work. Who doesn't want to see Enoch climb mount Adar to challenge Semyaza, leader of the Grigori and First of the Fallen? Hell you've even got a sequel hook when you learn that one of the Nephilim is birthed from the fonts of the deep and does not spew fire like the others that god had to kill.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Speaking of Noah, new trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRTlT3DEydU

For thread content, I give you this:

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

I can't wait to see Adventures the 7 of Sinbad.

Numb Three Ers
Jul 7, 2007
What do you mean it's pronouced "numbers"?

Ez posted:

I can't wait to see Adventures the 7 of Sinbad.

Clearly it's called "The 7 of Adventures Sinbad"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

That looks awesome

Also Emma Watson! :swoon:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

NarkyBark posted:

For thread content, I give you this:

I like the random bullet tracers originating from...somewhere.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Numb Three Ers posted:

Clearly it's called "The 7 of Adventures Sinbad"

No no, it's 7 Adventures the of Sinbad!

saphojunkie
Nov 5, 2004

You'll be dancing, alright. Inside the flame!
Noah's ark is not big enough to house the boner I have for this movie.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I... don't know how I feel about that trailer. I guess I'm mixed. That said, Godawa's quote of, "an uninteresting and unbiblical waste of a hundred and fifty million dollars that will ruin for decades the possibility of making a really great and entertaining movie of this Bible hero." is the one thing that'll get me to see it.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Barudak posted:

You forgot to add that they're human-angel hybrids that possibly resulted from Lucifer's angels getting busy with humans

Man, the Bible has some cool-rear end stuff in it.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Reading this Christian movie guy's blog- http://godawa.com/movieblog/darren-aronofskys-noah-environmentalist-wacko/ And now I must see this movie.

quote:

His ethical reasoning? The same as all environmentalist activists: The ends justify the means. “We must weigh those [human] lives against all creation.” Shades of Malthus and Al Gore.

He seems to have confused Al Gore with the bad guys from Rainbow Six.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Calico Heart posted:

You forgot to add that they're human-angel hybrids that possibly resulted from Lucifer's angels getting busy with humans

Man, the Bible has some cool-rear end stuff in it.

Am I really spoiling more of the Bible? They're not Lucifer's angels at all. The Head of the Grigori is Semyaza who convinces his host of 199 to commit the deed knowing full well they'll all be punished. Azazel is the truly evil one and is the Grigori who gives men the knowledge of how to craft weapons and armor for war.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Wait is all that in the bible story? :psyduck: I thought it was just, other people but Noah and his family are lovely, god tells him to build a boat and puts the animals on it, then flood, then everything starts over, the end

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The Old Testament owns and is very much worth reading.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

Macaluso posted:

Wait is all that in the bible story? :psyduck: I thought it was just, other people but Noah and his family are lovely, god tells him to build a boat and puts the animals on it, then flood, then everything starts over, the end

Well it all depends on what you consider canon.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

What we do in life.. echoes in the ocean.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

Macaluso posted:

Yeah, I dunno about that trailer. It still might end up being a really fun movie. I can't ever see myself saying it's amazing, but it could be fun. The tone I'm getting from the trailer is "dark and serious" and I feel like that would just drag the movie down.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Harlock posted:

What we do in life.. echoes in the ocean.

I don't know why I find "The Russell Crowe voice" so funny. It always just seems so full of forced gravitas.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Parts in Genesis; Noah, the Nephilim, the flood.
Parts in Enoch; The Grigori (and names), what the Nephilim do, Noah's mythic descendants, why it had to be a flood
Parts in Jubilees; The Void of Punishment, the ultimate fate of the Nephilim, why evil exists in the world

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Gotta love how anti-environmentalism is now a pillar of American Christianity. Let's just poo poo all over God's creation, why not.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Barudak posted:

Am I really spoiling more of the Bible? They're not Lucifer's angels at all. The Head of the Grigori is Semyaza who convinces his host of 199 to commit the deed knowing full well they'll all be punished. Azazel is the truly evil one and is the Grigori who gives men the knowledge of how to craft weapons and armor for war.

Ah, okay, my mistake, I just checked. Don't know where I got that idea from at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Barudak posted:

Parts in Genesis; Noah, the Nephilim, the flood.
Parts in Enoch; The Grigori (and names), what the Nephilim do, Noah's mythic descendants, why it had to be a flood
Parts in Jubilees; The Void of Punishment, the ultimate fate of the Nephilim, why evil exists in the world

The Void of Punishment sounds so :black101:.

As for Noah, the trailer looks kinda dull. But everything else I've been hearing about the movie makes it sound like the craziest thing ever.