Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

In case anyone else was psyched for the Glacial lord bots from Fansproject, the first two are up for pre-order on Fansproject Core. There's a member price of 29.99 each (39.99 if you don't have an account) and 12.99 flat rate for shipping which isn't bad. The next three are supposedly going to be up in the next few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rita Repulsa posted:

Whaaaaaat. He wasn't a van?
Shows what I know about cars, trucks, and vans.

On your side, both the G1 cartoon and comic did have him as a minivan. When they bothered at all. Which was seldom. Also, during Alternators he was a Scion xB, which was a compact car that sure as hell looked like a van.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Arsenal_12 posted:

In case anyone else was psyched for the Glacial lord bots from Fansproject, the first two are up for pre-order on Fansproject Core. There's a member price of 29.99 each (39.99 if you don't have an account) and 12.99 flat rate for shipping which isn't bad. The next three are supposedly going to be up in the next few weeks.

I'm somewhat ashamed to admit that when I read Glacial Lord Bot I was hoping for a bad rear end 3rd party Rock Lord. You know what? Nevermind. Not ashamed of that. Rock Lords were kinda metal. Uh, especially the metal ones...

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

The_Doctor posted:

:greatgift: Welcome to the Transformers Megathread Secret Santa! :greatgift:

If you're new to this Secret Santa malarkey, we all throw our names into my hat, receive a random name, and send that person a lovely gift of Transformers goodies, toys, candy, maybe some booze, and all around a big ol' ball of holiday cheer! It's fun, trust me. No really.

SIGNING UP:

1) Send an email to :siren: doctorwhosecretsanta [at] gmail [dot] com :siren: In the subject, please include the tag [TFSS] as I am running another Secret Santa (the Doctor Who one, duh) and don’t want to confuse the two.

Your email should include everything you think your Santa might need to know:

• Your forums name (linked to your profile)
• Your actual name & address, including postal/zip code.
• Whether or not you are willing to ship internationally (a big help, given the international nature of the internet).
• Tell your Santa a little about yourself, to get an idea of what kind of gift you might like. Your TF-related interests, what you like to read, your favourite video games, unique hobbies, clothing size if you'd like t-shirts or something like that, etc.

2) Post in this thread! Tell us what kinds of stuff you're into! Once Santas are assigned, we're all going to be trying to figure each other out, so some healthy conversation will help things go smoothly.

3) DEADLINE: The deadline for sign-ups is Saturday, November 23rd! #SAVETHEDAY Assignments should go out shortly thereafter.

4) BUDGET: Somewhere in the $20-$30 (£15-20) range (before shipping). You're welcome to spend more, but that's no guarantee you'll get that much in return. Gag gifts are cool, but please include some kind of actual gift.

5) COLLEGE STUDENTS: Remember that these gifts will likely go out around the holiday break, so be mindful of which address you give me. If you have any concerns about packages being stolen from your doorstep, use the address of your work/friend/parents, just so long as it's cool with them.

4) INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: If you sign up for this, you are agreeing to the possibility of getting an international address. The USPS international price calculator can be found here.

5) SHIPPING DEADLINES:
• International - Friday December 13th (This is the UK to US last shipping date, so I'd imagine the same is true vice versa)
• Within the same country - Wednesday December 18th

6) WHEN YOUR GIFT ARRIVES: Show us your loot! You can wait until Christmas morning if you want, but still, show us all the awesome goodies Santa brought you.

7) LATE PACKAGES: If you haven't received your gift by January 1st, let me know so I can look into it. If you haven't SENT your gift by December 18th, let me know so I can contact your recipient.

8) DON'T BE A DEADBEAT: If you sign up, please get your person something. Nobody likes a deadbeat santa.

9) FINALLY: A Merry Christmas to all of you at home!

Sweet, last time I participated it was great fun. I'm down for this year. Thanks for setting this up.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Phy posted:

G1 Skids was a turbo car smaller than a VW Beetle.
Not only did you blow my mind on this one and make me really want the new Skids a bunch more, but this is actually a car none of the car enthusiasts I talk to were aware of. I emailed the link to my father, who can seemingly prattle on about every real car in the G1 line up and he has never heard of that.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Looks like that 'Swerve tells a story' guy made another one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcPBlR4xuV8

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

GrimGypsy posted:

If Swerve is ever in a Transformers cartoon, he's gotta be voiced by that John Mulaney.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

If Swerve is ever in a Transformers cartoon, he's gotta be voiced by that John Mulaney.

Is it possible to kidnap hire him to read Swerve's narration in MtMtE #13? I'm particular to pages 1 and 6.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Skids talk: The Generations/MTMTE toy looks loving awesome. Here's G1 comic version for you:

So yeah, he always was a...A-Team truck kind of thing.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

GrimGypsy posted:

Holy poo poo these are magical

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Was this thread started by one of you guys? Jesus Christ, how can people defend Movie Prime?

Also check out this awesome Classics Blaster

Counteresperanto
Jun 15, 2007

Achievement is its' own reward. Pride obscures it.

catch22 posted:

Jesus Christ, how can people defend Movie Prime?

It's easy. Show up with a bunch of preconceived notions. When reality (or, in this case, the Transformers movies)doesn't pander to those notions, you use your imagination to make up a bunch of poo poo to bridge the difference. Problem solved; All is well.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Good news everyone, we're the next step in human evolution. Our mastery of these childrens' toys has lifted us above the common simpleton.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

If you all had to suggest a Transformers comic series to start with, what would that be? I am a huge fan from back in the G1 days, I pretty much wore out my tape of the 80's movie and am familiar with most of the lore and basic story as the Transformers go.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I like a long effort post based around Bay essentially saying 'I wouldn't admit in public I transform toys'.

Also: How many people use instructions?

Rythe posted:

If you all had to suggest a Transformers comic series to start with, what would that be? I am a huge fan from back in the G1 days, I pretty much wore out my tape of the 80's movie and am familiar with most of the lore and basic story as the Transformers go.
For IDW you can: Start at the beginning with Furman's awesome run! This is a long journey or start at Last Stand of the Wreckers with the note IDW's stuff isn't all that grim or start at the recent Death of Optimus Prime, which is where most people should start.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

That's the kind of thread I still like to go to TFW2005 for, from time to time (apart from the news section). I know that every time I go to the forums there will be a new horrible Alucard77 thread for me to laugh at. I don't even reply anymore, just sit back and grin.

Just saw peaugh's latest deluxe wave review, Skids looks pretty cool if a bit unstable, but Waspinator is just fantastic, can't wait to own the lil' guy!

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Spiderdrake posted:

Also: How many people use instructions?

Depends on the complexity of the figure. Most anything I want I always look for youtube reviews ahead of time anyways, so I'll end up knowing how to transform it ahead of time.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Rythe posted:

Read Last Stand of the Wreckers first then jump into More Than Meets The Eye volume 1 and keep going to volume 2, 3 etc. Volume 5 is out... in 2 weeks? And it completes the first major 'season' of MTMTE. It is wonderful.

Do it. Do it now.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

I love movie Prime so much, mainly because he causes more frothing nerd rage among the fandom than anything I've ever seen. The character is so over the top ridiculous I can't be bothered to get all bent out of shape over it, and "give me your face" has to be one of the best lines ever uttered in any movie.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The best thing about movie Optimus Prime is that the character was used pretty much verbatim (sweeping low-angled camera shot introduction, I SEND TO YOU THIS MESSAGE speech and all) in Transformers: Prime as Nemesis Prime :haw:

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Walked into a Toys R Us today and suddenly it felt like 2011 all over again. 8 FE Bumblebees, 4 Starscreams and one single Cliffjumper that I picked up because I never found one originally. I also picked up Acid Storm, which is just a ridiculous toy. You don't really notice it until you have a neon green and camouflage colored jet on the shelf. This one will probably stay in jet mode.

Rest of the shelf was the IDW deluxes, some RID voyagers including Thudertron and Ultra Magnus for 28.99 (Insanity, but not surprising)

I realized at that moment that I've basically stopped buying stuff at retail. I find it easier to just pre-order the wave from BBTS than to hunt them down. It ends up being cheaper in the long run and I spend less gas.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

A 3P Slag is announced!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=FTS10003&mode=retail

And it's by the same guys that did Quakewave so I have some hope it will be good!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Goldskull posted:

Skids talk: The Generations/MTMTE toy looks loving awesome. Here's G1 comic version for you:

So yeah, he always was a...A-Team truck kind of thing.

How many transformer-human relationships were there back in the old comic?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

SlothfulCobra posted:

I always liked the one where Huffer hung out with a greasy long-haired trucker named Bomber Bill. Or the time a street thug got his mitts on a modelocked Megatron and used his new supergun to become a crime kingpin. Or the time the Pretenders (whose shells were giant humans) had to turn down relationships with some giant ladies because they were secretly robots. The Pretenders, I mean, not the ladies. The ladies were 100% lady. More like 1000% since they were giant ladies.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Phy posted:

. Or the time the Pretenders (whose shells were giant humans) had to turn down relationships with some giant ladies because they were secretly robots. The Pretenders, I mean, not the ladies. The ladies were 100% lady. More like 1000% since they were giant ladies.

Death! By Snu-Snu!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

therealjon_ posted:

A 3P Slag is announced!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=FTS10003&mode=retail

And it's by the same guys that did Quakewave so I have some hope it will be good!

Yeah I just got some cool news from my buddy who runs ToyDojo.com about the Slag figure. It'll be just as much diecast as Quakewave is, comes with a kit that upgrades Grimlock to Quakewave height, and their next two releases are Not-Swoop and Not-Jetfire, check it out:

If these figures are anywhere near as good as Quakewave is, these are must haves.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

SlothfulCobra posted:

Buster Witwicky
Spider-Man
GB Blackrock
Circuit Breaker
Joey Slick
Robot Master
Ethan Zachary
The Mechanic
those 4 loving kids in space

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Phy posted:

I always liked the one where Huffer hung out with a greasy long-haired trucker named Bomber Bill. Or the time a street thug got his mitts on a modelocked Megatron and used his new supergun to become a crime kingpin. Or the time the Pretenders (whose shells were giant humans) had to turn down relationships with some giant ladies because they were secretly robots. The Pretenders, I mean, not the ladies. The ladies were 100% lady. More like 1000% since they were giant ladies.

Remember when Skullgrin briefly had a movie career and a friendship with his leading lady? That was strangely adorable, if utterly bizarre.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

GrimGypsy posted:

So, this beauty recently popped up as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIm90eaAgs4

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Jetfire posted:

So, this beauty recently popped up as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIm90eaAgs4

The hands are creepy, can't do it.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Veg posted:

Read Last Stand of the Wreckers first then jump into More Than Meets The Eye volume 1 and keep going to volume 2, 3 etc. Volume 5 is out... in 2 weeks? And it completes the first major 'season' of MTMTE. It is wonderful.

Do it. Do it now.

I am never one to turn down peer pressure, I just got a digital copy of Last Stand of the Wreckers and will keep a eye out for More Than Meets the Eye.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

The Rage posted:

Yeah I just got some cool news from my buddy who runs ToyDojo.com about the Slag figure. It'll be just as much diecast as Quakewave is, comes with a kit that upgrades Grimlock to Quakewave height, and their next two releases are Not-Swoop and Not-Jetfire, check it out:

If these figures are anywhere near as good as Quakewave is, these are must haves.

That looks awesome. I wouldn't mind Jetfire being closer to the height of the other MPs, though, cause that huge version is gonna cost a fortune.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Kapow are doing Pre-orders on Scoria, but it's £135. gently caress that.

Warbotron, ie awesome Bruticus is coming up soon but that's gonna be $88 for the limbs then $120+ body. BUHH

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Rita Repulsa posted:

Whaaaaaat. He wasn't a van?
Shows what I know about cars, trucks, and vans.

I'm still waiting for a Van transformer that will have a fantasy mural painted on it's side. It would be the ultimate van transformer.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Goldskull posted:

Warbotron, ie awesome Bruticus is coming up soon but that's gonna be $88 for the limbs then $120+ body. BUHH

Man, gently caress that. I mean I loooove Bruticus and all that, but those prices are insane.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

They aren't that bad for a 3P combiner, especially of his size. Although that company doesn't have much a track record so I'll wait for reviews.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Hercules guys were $100 a piece, that price seems about right assuming the limbs are the size of a voyager and the core is the size of the old ultra class.

That Slag looks awesome, I'm glad that even though the third parties and stepping on each other's toes again at least this time we're getting two distinct styles, Classic-like and Masterpiece-like. Unfortunately this means I have to buy both of them, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for Dinobots.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Rythe posted:

I am never one to turn down peer pressure, I just got a digital copy of Last Stand of the Wreckers and will keep a eye out for More Than Meets the Eye.

Good man.

There is an event that happens between Last Stand and MTMTE volume 1 but its sooo poo poo and lame, it is summed up in two paragraphs in the introduction to MTMTE. gently caress anything Mike Costa wrote.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Veg posted:

gently caress anything Mike Costa wrote.
Eh, Police Action is good.

But it's basically stand alone at this point other than a couple loose references in RiD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Will you sell me the Motorola droid razr maxx for $70 shipped (to 50023)?

(this was supposed to be in SA Mart oops!)

strangehamster fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Nov 16, 2013