Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Psion posted:

Rain and muscle is just cruel and unusual treatment. My Phoenix has enough problems with rear stability as it is :negative:

And you're being fired at by the other players as well as all the military equipment on the base. That's what makes it fun! SUVs and Compacts are also prone to slip out in the rain a lot, hence why they're included.

Psion posted:

I mean it's sort of a given that all muscle cars will slip at the slightest provocation but which one is the most stable out of the class? Gauntlet or Dominator?

Gauntlet and Dominator are both the most stable, but I prefer the Dominator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Popeadactyl posted:

I accepted the Weazel News invite and am looking forward to future endeavors..especially if the Beach Party pack has banana hammocks

Awww yeah, sexy news time

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

Install Windows posted:

The best race is Arms Race with mode set to GTA, weather set to rain, class set to Muscle, SUV, or Compact, and traffic/wanted levels on.
Set it to 5+ laps and hop into a nearby Lazer jet for some good times

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I've got my tanked and am prepared for my next trip to BSH.

That said, does the tank always span across the map from you? I called up for it in Sandy Shores and it ended up by the Vinewood sign.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Just had a 2-hour clusterfuck of a running city wide battle.

Started out as me pissing around LSC in my blue Police Transporter just denying access to the place. A friend of mine turns up and hops in the van with me. Another two friends of mine rock up in a chopper and we fend the place off from four people for about 20 minutes. I have to replace my van a couple of times but eventually the place quietens down. However it turns out two of the players just went to the LSC near the airport instead with a third guy joining them. I cruise over there and handle it myself while the rest of the server fights at the airport.
Another 20 minutes later and the battle has shifted over to the Mors lot. Here is when another crew of 5 turns up and starts trying to put the hurt on us (My friends and I were in a party but not in matching crews). Since we're right next to the Mors lot I can keep pulling my Police Transporter as they keep blowing it up. The battle slowly spreads out for a bit and the random unaffiliated players leave the battle zone. Suddenly one of the rival crew calls out a tank, that poo poo starts wrecking us up since that thing is just drat fast and can cover up and down a stretch of road easily. So we opt to throw waves of personal cars at the tank.
This goes on for a while until the driver starts to act more wary in his targets. We get lucky and a mugger pulls him from the tank, and the mugger actually gets away and the battle shifts back to the Mors lot. All this time we tend to have the upper hand on kills, I think at least. I was dominating four of them, only one player was on even K/D against me.
The battle rages on for a long while until two of them suddenly leave. We start to push the last three to the apartments near Mors when one of my team leaves with another friend to play Halo. It doesn't matter though, we push on and sure enough another guy leaves, then the fourth. Soon it's just one guy left that we just run down again and again.
And then suddenly... the final bullet drops as the last S420 tagged crew member leaves the world. There's no more shooting, no more players killing players in the feed. We ended the server war that we started.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Urgh, just lost a fully modded Ocelot F620 that was definitely insured. Has anyone had lost cars return after a while? Mors didn't have it on the list when I phoned..

Elliptical Dick fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Nov 14, 2013

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Kelly posted:

I've got my tanked and am prepared for my next trip to BSH.

That said, does the tank always span across the map from you? I called up for it in Sandy Shores and it ended up by the Vinewood sign.

Pegasus deliveries are really screwed up. My Buzzard always spawns at the hospital in SE LSC, without fail. Even if I'm, say, at the Pegasus hangar at the airport. Or in Sandy Shores. Or anywhere. It's like once Pegasus picks a delivery point for you they refuse to ever change it.

doing level 10 missions in a helicopter is surprisingly hilarious, by the way. "Go here, and with your pistols, shoot these five guys" is different in a helicopter constantly spewing missiles and gunfire.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
Sorry for killing you earlier cashcamden. A case of mistaken auto aim.

You caught me at a horrible time. I'd spent the last hour repeatedly torching one of those guy's super cars, and they were perplexed how he kept having to pay for the repairs(thanks car farts).

I apparently did it to one too many and paid the price with my life many times over when about 5 of them joined in on me...

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
After the launch tragedy, I finally decided to try GTA:O again. It was... pretty empty. It was just me and another guy when trying to do races and LTS.

What I'm wondering about though, I got a message Rockstar put $500k in my bank. Why did they do that? Isn't that a shitload of money for a level 1 character?

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Grawl posted:

What I'm wondering about though, I got a message Rockstar put $500k in my bank. Why did they do that? Isn't that a shitload of money for a level 1 character?
They did it because, at launch, people were outright losing apartments, cars and some were losing the entire character save.

It was supposed to come a long time ago, in two seperate payments, but it took them so long that they just made it one lump sum.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Sorry for killing you earlier cashcamden. A case of mistaken auto aim.

You caught me at a horrible time. I'd spent the last hour repeatedly torching one of those guy's super cars, and they were perplexed how he kept having to pay for the repairs(thanks car farts).

I apparently did it to one too many and paid the price with my life many times over when about 5 of them joined in on me...

No worries. There is a lot of confusion in the moment and auto-aim is a bitch.

Psion posted:

Pegasus deliveries are really screwed up. My Buzzard always spawns at the hospital in SE LSC, without fail. Even if I'm, say, at the Pegasus hangar at the airport. Or in Sandy Shores. Or anywhere. It's like once Pegasus picks a delivery point for you they refuse to ever change it.

doing level 10 missions in a helicopter is surprisingly hilarious, by the way. "Go here, and with your pistols, shoot these five guys" is different in a helicopter constantly spewing missiles and gunfire.

The first time it spawned far from me, but on a street in the middle of a lot of activity. The second time? In the middle of the race track when I was standing a block from the first spawn. It's screwy for sure.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Elliptical Dick posted:

Urgh, just lost a fully modded Ocelot F620 that was definitely insured. Has anyone had lost cars return after a while? Mors didn't have it on the list when I phoned..

No, they're gone for good. People reported having their cars go missing when the last patch went live and Rockstar have said they're looking into it but as usual they've said anyone who has lost progress or cars due to technical problems have lost them permanently.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Grawl posted:

After the launch tragedy, I finally decided to try GTA:O again. It was... pretty empty. It was just me and another guy when trying to do races and LTS.

If you're only level one, that money will go on guns and ammo and cars fast if you don't watch it, I'd grind to unlock apartments and get a huge one first thing.

I like mine a lot, I think it's del sol. Is one block from the insurance building, and right across the street from a subway station.

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Nov 14, 2013

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

durty posted:

Or bicycles. Just ends up with trying to sprint to the next checkpoint while dodging army dudes trying to run you over in jeeps

Did this to my unsuspecting friends last night. 2 of them were on bmx bikes, too. Took one guy 5 minutes to do 2 laps.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Inspector Hound posted:

I like mine a lot, I think it's del sol. Is one block from the insurance building, and right across the street from a subway station.

Alta Street, at the south end of the Financial District, around the corner from Simeon's dealership and close by to the skyscraper construction sites.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

FallinInTheBlak posted:

No, they're gone for good. People reported having their cars go missing when the last patch went live and Rockstar have said they're looking into it but as usual they've said anyone who has lost progress or cars due to technical problems have lost them permanently.

Figured as much. There goes 300 grand down the drain. I must be one of the few who hasn't glitched money yet, but I'm awful tempted now.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Elliptical Dick posted:

Figured as much. There goes 300 grand down the drain. I must be one of the few who hasn't glitched money yet, but I'm awful tempted now.

It becomes an addiction once you get going. I stink at racing so my Sultan is at around 83000 right now but it helps!

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Elliptical Dick posted:

Was your garage reverted to an earlier state by chance? They're still looking into it and haven't explicitly said everything's gone, but they're "looking at options." They were apparently able to save some characters that had been MIA for a week, but I don't exactly have a lot of faith in their technical skills to recover vehicles.

All I know is I haven't played in a week, and I'm probably done with online entirely if they don't at least reimburse us. I lost about 1.5 mil in cars! Good luck getting your ride back.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009
Am I the only one to be stuck at "joining GTA online" since a week ? I'm playing since day 1 and my character is lv68. I emailed support and they deleted my first tickets and now they just send me some random bullshit about firewall and a link to Microsoft FAQ for when you can't connect to Xbox Live.

All my other games are working fine and I have open NAT in games that display NAT status, also tried to put my console in DMZ.

I tried to switch characters within solo mode or from the game loading screen. I tried to join a friend's session and joining a solo sessions. I get stuck at the loading every time and I can't play.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Hakarne posted:

Was your garage reverted to an earlier state by chance? They're still looking into it and haven't explicitly said everything's gone, but they're "looking at options." They were apparently able to save some characters that had been MIA for a week, but I don't exactly have a lot of faith in their technical skills to recover vehicles.

All I know is I haven't played in a week, and I'm probably done with online entirely if they don't at least reimburse us. I lost about 1.5 mil in cars! Good luck getting your ride back.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246

I don't think it reverted to an earlier state. I'd been saving up to get this car modded while it was sitting in my garage. Then after spending that money on it I was driving it around when another player blew it up. I hadn't returned it to my garage after modding it. Thanks for the link.

Rubbergoose
Jul 13, 2006

Rubbergoose posted:

Anybody on PS3 interested in trading some race wins? I'm trying to unlock some more performance mods. psn-Wigglesflyer

I should be on for a while if anyone wants to hook up for this.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
I've been selling my dubsta instead of the entity this whole time and now i feel like an idiot. Surprised all the videos I've watched never mentioned it.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Cyks posted:

I've been selling my dubsta instead of the entity this whole time and now i feel like an idiot. Surprised all the videos I've watched never mentioned it.

How can you sell a super car with the glitch? I thought it was patched?

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
Getting on for the first time in a week, anything major changed ? I am drinking and ready to gently caress with people.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Whats the garage that all the videos use to glitch buzzards/riot vans in the one where you just drive up to it. I got the one for 237k I think the one where you have to drive down the ramp :smith:

also stuck at lvl 40 cos I have not been able to host/join a race in a loving week

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

Kelly posted:

How can you sell a super car with the glitch? I thought it was patched?
Drive your super into lsc then leave. Hop out, steal any sellable vehicle and go back in. At the confirm sell screen don't sell, instead load up the playstation/xbox store and then exit back into the game. You'll spawn in your super but it'll be sellable. It takes about 30 seconds longer but I make 5x as much this way.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Cyks posted:

Drive your super into lsc then leave. Hop out, steal any sellable vehicle and go back in. At the confirm sell screen don't sell, instead load up the playstation/xbox store and then exit back into the game. You'll spawn in your super but it'll be sellable. It takes about 30 seconds longer but I make 5x as much this way.

Whoa - it actually sounds very easy, thanks.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Psion posted:

These are my favorites for fun value. Best with friends; this isn't a list of missions I play alone/with random players.

Ron:
Landing Gear (best Ron mission by a factor of 10,000,000)

It really really is. Especially when you can get a full load of goonbros together, and more so when you have a couple who've never done it before.

I need to start playing again. Too much "real life" sad poo poo combined with I'M BATMAN has put my GTA:O'ing on hold for a short bit. I miss you, late night goon street crew :glomp:

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
Whats the best big rear end bulky SUV with good handling that I can get without glitching ?

I plan on making my default vehicle a Mountain Crew Goon Bus of Unpleasantness.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

Whats the best big rear end bulky SUV with good handling that I can get without glitching ?

I plan on making my default vehicle a Mountain Crew Goon Bus of Unpleasantness.

The Sandking XL (which is a truck) seems to be popular. It's a monster and runs over everything.

TheOne
May 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT RUINING EVERYBODY'S LIFE

Cyks posted:

does it dupe the car? or when you sell it is it gone. After you do what you say does it allow you to do the sell loop with the super car?

Optional Options
Apr 13, 2011

Winkie01 posted:

Whats the garage that all the videos use to glitch buzzards/riot vans in the one where you just drive up to it. I got the one for 237k I think the one where you have to drive down the ramp :smith:

I made this mistake aswell. You want the weazel plaza property. Check Dynasty8Realestate in game on your phone then scroll down until you find it. Its north west of the the ramp property.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Optional Options posted:

I made this mistake aswell. You want the weazel plaza property. Check Dynasty8Realestate in game on your phone then scroll down until you find it. Its north west of the the ramp property.

Thanks, dumb as poo poo I can only own 1 apartment

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

TheOne posted:

does it dupe the car? or when you sell it is it gone. After you do what you say does it allow you to do the sell loop with the super car?

You can do the sell loop with the super (hit start right after confirming sell then go to options ->swap character) and you should keep it though I suggest duping the super at your garage in case you mess up.

You have to steal a car and load the store each time so it does take a little longer but even at twice the time I'm making 100k + per sale at level 17. I find the LSC in the bottom left of the map the best as it's closest to the road with frequent traffic.

If you can find somebody a higher level to dupe their entity/addr I'm sure it'll bring in 150k+ a sale.

Cyks fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Nov 15, 2013

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Weird thing, last time I booted up the game, it loaded me in the marsh south of zancudo airbase (where I was supposed to be) but for some reason a hot pink lamborghini was there too?

The only point to this story is that I'm super depressed that I'm only level 5, and thus didn't have a garage to put it in. :saddowns:

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Anyone else getting constant Server Time Out errors when trying to connect online? Last night I couldn't play because of the stupid 80028ed6 error. This evening I can't play because it gets stuck on the 'Joining GTA Online' screen until finally I get "Alert: Timed out locating session. Please return to Grand Theft Auto and try again"

My wifi connection (for my laptop) is 10ms ping with 9.5mb down. Shouldn't that be enough not to worry about time out errors on my end?

This is very frustrating. I haven't been able to play in two days, despite my best efforts to do so.

edit: whose problem is this? Does this likely fall into Rockstar's hands, my ISP (Comcast), or PSN? Who do I need to contact?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Is your PS3 port-forwarded / DMZ'd? When you run your internet connection settings test, are you showing up as NAT type 1, 2, or 3?

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Anybody on 360 want to trade a few race wins?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

iRend posted:

Anybody on 360 want to trade a few race wins?

Watching Clemson beat up on GT at the moment... if the beatdown continues to be one-sided I may hop on, but it'd be like 30-45 minutes before I'm comfortable doing that :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

titties posted:

Is your PS3 port-forwarded / DMZ'd? When you run your internet connection settings test, are you showing up as NAT type 1, 2, or 3?

I'm not sure how to find out. I ran it on speedtest.net and it didn't say anything about NAT. Any tips on letting the PS3 through without screwing up security?

• Locked thread