Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

DrBouvenstein posted:

Yup. That's a velociraptor.*

I didn't even see the raptor until after I read the text, because all I could see was the Alien xenomorph teeth between their heads. What IS that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Doctor Bishop posted:

drat dino-fundamentalists :vd:

Well it's nice to see that Lisa Frank is finally doing school folders for boys.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

sticklefifer posted:

I didn't even see the raptor until after I read the text, because all I could see was the Alien xenomorph teeth between their heads. What IS that?

It says "Formal Invitations to follow" so they might have just put that in there as a joke, or the photographer put it in there unbeknownst to anybody, or it was an image that some random dude on the internet photoshoped.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

sticklefifer posted:

Her hair.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

LorrdErnie posted:

As I was scrolling I thought the joke was they were all white people but it got better.

I was going to comment on the white people but then I noticed that its a British company.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Miltank posted:

I was going to comment on the white people but then I noticed that its a British company.

If it's based in London it's still basically bullshit. London is as colorful as New York, demographically.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

At first I was thinking it was headed in the direction of an answer to "where all the white women at?" I'm not sure if I'm disappointed.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

More like Dick Will Wanket?

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Also note how all these women look somewhat to very attractive and in their 20s while all these guys are at least older than 30. I bet they've turned down many a qualified male job applicant with some bullshit excuse, which strengthens my belief that the most terrible sexists to men are, in fact, men.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

God bless you shelf stackers :toot:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

God bless you shelf stackers :toot:

Don't get it.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Menstruation.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Sad lions posted:

Menstruation.

Oh my...

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Third lady in Account Management is on to them.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Where's the funny?

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Jeoh posted:

Where's the funny?

Look at the lady in the orange and black dress.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
It kinda sorta looks like she's thinner than she is, and her arms would be freakishly skinny, but I don't think it's a particularly convincing illusion.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

hooah posted:

It kinda sorta looks like she's thinner than she is, and her arms would be freakishly skinny, but I don't think it's a particularly convincing illusion.

Well, it made ME laugh, so it passes the test. :colbert:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Something wrong with that clock

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

TEGGS posted:

Look at the lady in the orange and black dress.
Don't make me repeat myself.

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

Jeoh posted:

Don't make me repeat myself.

It would appear someone enabled DK Mode.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

bowmore posted:

Something wrong with that clock

Which rear end-backwards 3rd world country do you live in that you haven't switched over to metric clocks yet??? :smug:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Which rear end-backwards 3rd world country do you live in that you haven't switched over to metric clocks yet??? :smug:
Australia

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Rapman the Cook posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

A while back now...

I just thought it was funny white people selling expensive craft beer thought a "Block Party" needed fried chicken to be proper...its a bad and racist stereotype.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rapman the Cook posted:

A while back now...

I just thought it was funny white people selling expensive craft beer thought a "Block Party" needed fried chicken to be proper...its a bad and racist stereotype.

Or lots of people like fried chicken and a block party has nothing to do with black or white. Pretty sure you're the racist here.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Or lots of people like fried chicken and a block party has nothing to do with black or white. Pretty sure you're the racist here.

Oh, Im sure.

I'm assuming on their behalf, because its West Australia and south of the river.

Rapman the Cook has a new favorite as of 15:55 on Nov 15, 2013

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

This gets better. They took down the page.

http://www.cellularsol.co.uk/news/press-release

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

the jizz taxi posted:

Also note how all these women look somewhat to very attractive and in their 20s while all these guys are at least older than 30. I bet they've turned down many a qualified male job applicant with some bullshit excuse, which strengthens my belief that the most terrible sexists to men are, in fact, men.

Maybe it's because I'm currently unemployed, but I'm having a hard time feeling sorry for them, glass ceiling or not.

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed

Phlegmish posted:

Maybe it's because I can't find a job at all, but I'm having a hard time feeling sorry for them, glass ceiling or not.

It's not them you should be feeling sorry for. It is the women (and men) who didn't meet management's unspoken criteria of "somebody I'd like to gently caress" and didn't get the jobs despite being more qualified.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

tehloki posted:

It's not them you should be feeling sorry for. It is the women (and men) who didn't meet management's unspoken criteria of "somebody I'd like to gently caress" and didn't get the jobs despite being more qualified.

Now, now, we don't know anything about those employees. Maybe they were all extremely qualified and just happen to be good looking. Then again, only ugly fat people should be qualified to work amiright? This is just Beauty RacismŽ.

Roger Tangerines
Apr 15, 2013

by Debbie Metallica
man that's an important issue! talk about it more, here

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Why would you post a picture like that, you know goons can't help themselves.

Have some silly tv-nihon translations instead.

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed
I have worked somewhere with a department where (all-male) management only hires attractive women. I have personally known an applicant for a position in that department who had a great set of skills and etiquette and charisma but was passed over in favor of a gorgeous woman who could barely work a computer and needs a big list of instructions to do anything more complicated than edit a word document or send an email. In the case of this department, I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that it's a client facing position involving negotiation, so office eye candy might not be the only motive in the department's very specific hiring habits, but it's still awful. I'll not continue this derail any further but trust me when I say that image is indicative of some awful sinister poo poo.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Rapman the Cook posted:

A while back now...

gently caress you fried chicken is god damned delicious.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

tehloki posted:

I have worked somewhere with a department where (all-male) management only hires attractive women. I have personally known an applicant for a position in that department who had a great set of skills and etiquette and charisma but was passed over in favor of a gorgeous woman who could barely work a computer and needs a big list of instructions to do anything more complicated than edit a word document or send an email. In the case of this department, I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that it's a client facing position involving negotiation, so office eye candy might not be the only motive in the department's very specific hiring habits, but it's still awful. I'll not continue this derail any further but trust me when I say that image is indicative of some awful sinister poo poo.

The plural of anecdote isn't evidence, but you're right regardless. Try working in a restaurant sometime; front of the house 100% white female (and usually attractive), back of the house all minority male. Exceptions made for head bartender who can be a racist, sexist, cocky piece of poo poo who just cat-calls the female servers/barbacks to the enjoyment of his white baby-boomer male clientele.

Not bitter.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Scarf posted:

gently caress you fried chicken is god damned delicious.

I never touched a breast never will.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

amenenema posted:

The plural of anecdote isn't evidence, but you're right regardless. Try working in a restaurant sometime; front of the house 100% white female (and usually attractive), back of the house all minority male. Exceptions made for head bartender who can be a racist, sexist, cocky piece of poo poo who just cat-calls the female servers/barbacks to the enjoyment of his white baby-boomer male clientele.

Not bitter.

Yeah. Cheers was a good show.

• Locked thread