Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008

krushgroove posted:

Accepted! And you'll have your terrain prize soon :)

I don't think I won any terrain prize? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Avenger_Mullah posted:

I don't think I won any terrain prize? :confused:

Sorry! Achmed Jones is getting the terrain for the first quarter. Did you get your Dark Potential starter set from MiniWarGaming?

Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008

krushgroove posted:

Sorry! Achmed Jones is getting the terrain for the first quarter. Did you get your Dark Potential starter set from MiniWarGaming?

Ah. And yes, that arrived safe and sound some months ago.

Germ posted:

Wow - I remember when they did the Halloweenies team, but their range of tiny little cute things has really exploded. My local gaming club is the Bellingham Warhamsters, and this poffy's are giving me ideas for some fun conversions.

You've got great timing! According to his facebook thingie, he's going to have a huge sale with most of his poo poo at 50 % off from tomorrow and until beginning of December. If you get around to painting them, please put up pictures. I really like your vibrant painting style :-)

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Speaking of prizes, I haven't received the G&G brush I won back in... July? June? I know it takes time to ship stuff to Northern Europe, but it's been several months now. Might have gotten lost or stuck at the customs.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
I also have yet to receive that Blood Angels Games Day figure from August.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Not a big deal, but while we're doing true confessions, I never got my grab bag pick (Eldar rangers?) from a while back.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Germ posted:

I, Germ, Oath to paint this Great Unclean One by Games Workshop (28mm) and this Deputy Wayne Tisdale by Reaper Bones (28mm) for the month of November.

Oath addition! Imma gonna add this Chaos Lord of Nurgle (on a bike) by GW (28mm).

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
If we're doing true confessions of people who haven't received prizes, I'm still missing my dragonforge bases from march. I'm sure they'll turn up some day when I least expect it.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
I JesusIsTehCool Oath 10 Tyranid Termagants by Games Workshop(28mm) for the month of November

Also if we are listing people who never received prizes I also never got my double sided brushes. Not a big deal though as I have pick up nice brushes I am happy with.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
I've sent off the years list of DF winners to them and hopefully I'll hear something back soon. Was missing the winner entries for the first 3 months (April - June) but I don't think anyone from that far back was missing theirs. I'll pass it on once I know more. Sorry for all the trouble with this guys.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I recall dragon forge had some messaging about an order backlog the last time I was on their site. I have won bases in older threads and newer ones and I always got my stuff.

Trust in your benevolent thread organizers and know that your resin is in some way or another on their way to your model's feet.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Avenger_Mullah posted:

Ah. And yes, that arrived safe and sound some months ago.

Good! The second Dark Potential set is already on its way, I'm told.

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Speaking of prizes, I haven't received the G&G brush I won back in... July? June? I know it takes time to ship stuff to Northern Europe, but it's been several months now. Might have gotten lost or stuck at the customs.

I will get in touch with the goon who's been talking with G&G on our behalf. There are a few people still waiting on theirs, and they probably sent them by normal post since it is just a small package.

Slimnoid posted:

I also have yet to receive that Blood Angels Games Day figure from August.
I will check this out and let you know. I started doing signature delivery recently after I started hearing of things not showing up...

Germ posted:

Not a big deal, but while we're doing true confessions, I never got my grab bag pick (Eldar rangers?) from a while back.
...like this! Argh. Unfortunately I have no records from the earlier shipments, and I may as well ask you to pick something else from the grab bag, because those rangers are probably 'lost in the warp'. edit: scratch that! I just found your package, and a couple more that need to be sent out...sorry about that man! They'll be on the way very soon.

Booley posted:

If we're doing true confessions of people who haven't received prizes, I'm still missing my dragonforge bases from march. I'm sure they'll turn up some day when I least expect it.
Like TWLM says, Dragon Forge can take a while to fulfill the prize orders. There are people from the last thread and this thread waiting their prizes unfortunately.

JesusIsTehCool posted:

Also if we are listing people who never received prizes I also never got my double sided brushes. Not a big deal though as I have pick up nice brushes I am happy with.
As with Lord Hypnostache above, I'll let the goon talking to G&G know that yours haven't arrived.

Sorry about the prizes going missing, folks...not sure what to say, except that I've started sending stuff out with signature delivery to try to make sure your loot gets to you. I'll chase up whatever I can and let you know individually or in the thread what's happening when I know it!

Germ posted:

Oath addition! Imma gonna add this Chaos Lord of Nurgle (on a bike) by GW (28mm).

JesusIsTehCool posted:

I JesusIsTehCool Oath 10 Tyranid Termagants by Games Workshop(28mm) for the month of November

Accepted!

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Nov 15, 2013

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: PHOTO ALBUM FOR OCTOBER IS ONLINE! :siren:

Clicky: https://plus.google.com/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/5946462877235773329?authkey=COjYuqHXhtDPbg

Sorry this is so late, I've been really busy the last few weeks. Please have a look at this and if you are missing or your photo is missing your name let me know!

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.
Can't seem to find mine.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Before everybody asks, you have to click it over from Highlights to All Photos in the top left.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Buffalo squeeze posted:

Can't seem to find mine.

Was yours the diorama? I'm on my phone and can't check at the moment. If so, dioramas only go to judging at the end of the season, so in April. The diorama did get credit for the Jurnal (pink bow).

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

krushgroove posted:

Was yours the diorama? I'm on my phone and can't check at the moment. If so, dioramas only go to judging at the end of the season, so in April. The diorama did get credit for the Jurnal (pink bow).

Oh, well I said I'd do it as this months oath and as my diorama entry. It can't be both?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

krushgroove posted:

:siren: PHOTO ALBUM FOR OCTOBER IS ONLINE! :siren:

Clicky: https://plus.google.com/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/5946462877235773329?authkey=COjYuqHXhtDPbg

Sorry this is so late, I've been really busy the last few weeks. Please have a look at this and if you are missing or your photo is missing your name let me know!

Is this supposed to be just the theme models or all the models for October? Either way it isn't right for my models. I only see one picture and that one picture isn't my monthly theme model.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Buffalo squeeze posted:

Oh, well I said I'd do it as this months oath and as my diorama entry. It can't be both?

Ah OK, I didn't know when you oathed it, but check the spreadsheet and make sure you got credit for completing the oath, the Jurnal, etc. But dioramas aren't judged each month, just at the end the season /thread, to give everyone a chance to do their entries. I'll be making different albums for dioramas, display boards and get based out entries, your diorama will be in there.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Is this supposed to be just the theme models or all the models for October? Either way it isn't right for my models. I only see one picture and that one picture isn't my monthly theme model.

OK, I'll have a look, still on my phone, my broadband is changing over today/this weekend so it may be a couple of days before I can sort it out.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

krushgroove posted:

Ah OK, I didn't know when you oathed it, but check the spreadsheet and make sure you got credit for completing the oath, the Jurnal, etc. But dioramas aren't judged each month, just at the end the season /thread, to give everyone a chance to do their entries. I'll be making different albums for dioramas, display boards and get based out entries, your diorama will be in there.

Ok, I thought the diorama judgement was done between the entered dioramas in April and I get a monthly judgement as per usual as well. So I stressed this one out for nothing.

From earlier in the month:

krushgroove posted:

Buffalo Squeeze, what say you: do you want your diorama (all of it) to be your oath for October, or do you want to just shoot for finishing it by the end of the oath season?

I'm gonna try and do it all for my October oath.

Edit: That came off too bitchy, I just misunderstood the rules that's all.

Buffalo squeeze fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 15, 2013

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I Grey Hunter, Oath one Flag guy and one Servoskull, 28mm, made of mostly Games Workshop parts.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I oath these gladiators from the Serpent & the Wolf expansion to Spartacus: A Game of Blood and Treachery. They are 28mm, and are by Gale Force 9.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Indolent Bastard posted:

I see 4 photos of yours if I click all photos instead of highlights

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

NTRabbit posted:

I see 4 photos of yours if I click all photos instead of highlights

Gasp and swoon, one of my pictures is part of the highlight reel?

(I didn't realize what was going on sorry KG).

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
WIP Update: Here's my pirate for the Jurnal, after I finished sculpting on his hairstyle but before priming. (I did not originally intend to turn the model into 80's Hair-Metal Buccaneer; I was going for a more layered look and it just...happened.)

These pics are now edited into my oath post.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

Detektuv's Jurnal is the awful mop of greenstuffed hair on the Nob, the front-rider:

Greenstuffing a bad afro, look at what you have made me do.

In Battle!

These are pics of the Boyz from my June Oath in battle as part of a green tide against a horde of unpainted Eldar:

Sorry for the bad pics but it was my phone. You can tell them apart by their shoulder plates. Hazard Stripes!

Raphus C fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Nov 16, 2013

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Oath Addition
One space marine sergeant, from GW, for 40k.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

:siren: I enri, oath the following odds and sods for the grand old month of November: :siren:

1 x 'Wolf' by Hasslefree Miniatures - scale is 28mm
2 x UCM Bear APCs by Hawk Wargames - scale is 10mm
2 x Scourge Invader APCs by Hawk Wargames - scale is 10mm

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
:radcat: I, Namenlos, oath Marco Colombo:radcat:

Dude was just crying out for some fancy facial hair.

Also for painting it like on the box, does it have to be exactly the same or can there be minor differences?

Namenlos fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Nov 17, 2013

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

SRM posted:

Fair enough! Here goes:

I oath an additional Imperial Assassin by Games Workshop for November

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Namenlos posted:

Also for painting it like on the box, does it have to be exactly the same or can there be minor differences?

Who makes that mini, and what scale, please?

For painting it like on the box, you are supposed to make a genuine attempt to reproduce the box art. The degree to which you succeed is obviously dependent on your skill, the colors of paint you have, and the degree to which the model is accurate to the box art.

We are not prepared to draw some kind of clear line between following the box art and not following the box art; to do so would probably be absurd. Instead, we leave it to you to interpret the bonus challenge in good faith and then follow your heart.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

SRM posted:

I'd like to claim Speed Painting for this model!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Buffalo squeeze posted:

Edit: That came off too bitchy, I just misunderstood the rules that's all.

No worries, I know there's shitloads of rules and sub-competitions, etc. Doubtless the next Oath Thread will be simply 'earn 1 point for painting a model!' :v:

Indolent Bastard posted:

Gasp and swoon, one of my pictures is part of the highlight reel?

(I didn't realize what was going on sorry KG).

S'alright, I have yet to figure out how to directly link to a slideshow! The judges have been sent the link now so we should start hearing from them soon!

Achmed Jones posted:

I oath these gladiators from the Serpent & the Wolf expansion to Spartacus: A Game of Blood and Treachery. They are 28mm, and are by Gale Force 9.

SRM posted:

Booley posted:

Oath Addition
One space marine sergeant, from GW, for 40k.

enri posted:

:siren: I enri, oath the following odds and sods for the grand old month of November: :siren:

1 x 'Wolf' by Hasslefree Miniatures - scale is 28mm
2 x UCM Bear APCs by Hawk Wargames - scale is 10mm
2 x Scourge Invader APCs by Hawk Wargames - scale is 10mm

Namenlos posted:

Basically what Leperflesh said:

Leperflesh posted:

follow your heart.
Accepted!

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Nov 18, 2013

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: HI GUYS, WE NEED SOME INFO FROM SOME OF YOU! :siren:

These people are due some prizes and I need info from a couple of them...like, a month ago, in some cases:

:siren: Conan the Librarian :siren:
I need your mailing address and what Dragon Forge items you want! (up to $12 value)

:siren: Joe_Richter :siren:
I need your mailing address!

:siren: Monoliths :siren:
I need to know what you'd like from the grab bag! (click here to see it - some items may not be available, I'm updating the pictures)

EMAIL ME at krushgroove169 at gmail with your info!

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Who makes that mini, and what scale, please?

For painting it like on the box, you are supposed to make a genuine attempt to reproduce the box art. The degree to which you succeed is obviously dependent on your skill, the colors of paint you have, and the degree to which the model is accurate to the box art.

We are not prepared to draw some kind of clear line between following the box art and not following the box art; to do so would probably be absurd. Instead, we leave it to you to interpret the bonus challenge in good faith and then follow your heart.

It is the Games Workshop 2013 Games Day model.
Hm, ok. I was going to paint it almost exactly the same, but change the colour of the egg or the lizard. Ho hum.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I'm missing the point for a valid oath in the spreadsheet.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
:pcgaming:OATH COMPLETE!:pcgaming:

The Lord Commissar:

Detektuv's Jurnal is his majestic, Stalin-esque moustache, which I greenstuffed on.

The Ultramarines Captain:

The Assassin, which was a Speed Painting attempt:

SRM posted:

I'd like to claim Speed Painting for this model!

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
More than halfway through the month; time to oath!

:siren:I, IrvingWashington oath 1 counts-as chaos Blood Bowl cheerleader made out of a converted Bloodletter of Khorne and some marauder/bloodcrusher bits, Games Workshop, 28mm:siren:

I forgot to do a conversion before picture because I got all excited when the other bits finally arrived, but given that I had no idea what the actual model was called (I got it as part of an ebay lot) here's what he looked like back in 1994:

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
Hey, so I ended up doing some conversion work with my Hormagaunts, does my original oath picture contain enough of them assembled normally to count as a "before" picture? Same with my Stegadon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Direwolf: see below, since you guys are both asking about the conversion quarterly contest.

IrvingWashington posted:

More than halfway through the month; time to oath!

:siren:I, IrvingWashington oath 1 counts-as chaos Blood Bowl cheerleader made out of a converted Bloodletter of Khorne and some marauder/bloodcrusher bits, Games Workshop, 28mm:siren:

I forgot to do a conversion before picture because I got all excited when the other bits finally arrived, but given that I had no idea what the actual model was called (I got it as part of an ebay lot) here's what he looked like back in 1994:

Accepted!

The conversion stuff is pretty much up to Manifest, however the rules in the OP do require a before and after picture (plus saying 'this is for Manifest's conversion contest!'). WIP pictures are an added bonus, so the more of those the better and should help get Manifest to OK the conversion for his contest and confirm a conversion was actually made. Again it's up to him and I know we might have been a bit slack on enforcing all this stuff but we have to make sure it's easy for Leperflesh to add stuff to the spreadsheet for scoring purposes. Without consulting with him, though, I'd say you're both OK.

• Locked thread