Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wrist deep in the dead
Feb 10, 2006

im having a good time on here even though i can only play once a week or so.

having a tough time finding good xp as a 21 iksar shaman tho, LOIO soloing/duoing is getting me by but im wary to leave for the old world where im hated everywhere.

kinda makes me want to roll a bard and twink him out with what little gear ive picked up so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Iksar is the only way to play this game. Don't look back!

(Seriously, the challenge makes it 10x as fun. Besides, all the folks trade in the East Commonlands tunnels anyways, so who cares if you can't walk around in Freeport? v:shobon:v)

Yomofo
Jun 7, 2005

by Cyrano4747

Avenged posted:

Hey, some kind goon gave me some monk starter gear, and I'd like to return it, as I am having more fun as a cleric. Monks name was Sayjak.

In other news, I'm looking for an invite for my cleric, Darmu, and any clerical donations would be accepted. I'm cruising faydwer at the moment. Thanks goons!

I think that was me. Was Batsu the monk? I'll take it back for the next monk and toss you some pp instead.

Kren
May 11, 2005
I moved over to Unrest/Mistmoore at 20 on my Iksar Shaman. You can sell to the beta neutral merchant at the druid ring in Butcherblock. Just bind at the wizard spire in Gfay and run between the 2 zones looking for groups.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
Been struggling with the same issue with a wizard and shaman alt. Unrest has been shitpacked the last couple of evenings. What's a good level to try Mistmoore?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Kren posted:

I moved over to Unrest/Mistmoore at 20 on my Iksar Shaman. You can sell to the beta neutral merchant at the druid ring in Butcherblock. Just bind at the wizard spire in Gfay and run between the 2 zones looking for groups.

You can also sell to the dwarven poison vendor on top of the island in DC, though watch out for the aqua goblins that path through there.

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Been struggling with the same issue with a wizard and shaman alt. Unrest has been shitpacked the last couple of evenings. What's a good level to try Mistmoore?

MM is doable in your early 20s, but it runs out of mobs just like unrest does.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

OsakaShadow posted:

im having a good time on here even though i can only play once a week or so.

having a tough time finding good xp as a 21 iksar shaman tho, LOIO soloing/duoing is getting me by but im wary to leave for the old world where im hated everywhere.

kinda makes me want to roll a bard and twink him out with what little gear ive picked up so far

Low levels for shamans is always rough. You get exponential better every new spell circle and really start handing rear end once you get your first pet.

Also its not to late to reroll an ogre =P You can thank me later if you decided to do that.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

TouchToneDialing posted:

Low levels for shamans is always rough. You get exponential better every new spell circle and really start handing rear end once you get your first pet.

Also its not to late to reroll an ogre =P You can thank me later if you decided to do that.

For the frontal stun immunity? Would that really be a game changer next expansion?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Pillow Armadillo posted:

For the frontal stun immunity? Would that really be a game changer next expansion?

What I believe you mean to ask is "Would that really be a game changer for the next 3-4 years of more Kunark raiding?".

(But seriously, I expect they'll have it out Spring next year or so)

Kren
May 11, 2005

aparmenideanmonad posted:

You can also sell to the dwarven poison vendor on top of the island in DC, though watch out for the aqua goblins that path through there.

MM is doable in your early 20s, but it runs out of mobs just like unrest does.

I tried to sell to him. He was very agro to me. Took me 4 corpse runs to recover...that was a bad day :(

As a shaman, you can get into groups as a backup healer at lower levels than most other classes. I was doing GY as early as 24 and Castle at 29 (with 40s).

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Kren posted:

I tried to sell to him. He was very agro to me. Took me 4 corpse runs to recover...that was a bad day :(
Ugh they must have hosed that up when they messed around with Iksar starting faction awhile back. He's supposed to buy/sell from anyone at this point in progression but making another post in the bug forums is too much :effort:

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Pillow Armadillo posted:

It 100% is. Anyone that says otherwise is just plain wrong and Velious soloing makes it even more important. You spend so much time face tanking as a shaman and no item in the game can make up for not having it.

Iksars are hands down the worst shaman class. Racial regen is eventually worthless to a shaman but not being able to use a JBB is reason enough not to make one.

Zombones
Oct 17, 2004
It's super good but is by no means a deal breaker. There was a Barb Shaman on my server that was soloing West Wastes dragons during Velious WELL before any other Shaman attempted it. Just play whatever you want; you can time your spells around stun.

hydo
Nov 23, 2002

I'm gay for Lipton Brisk Iced Tea
Installing. My son asked while I was playing WoW why I've been doing raids at 90, and I replied so that I can get better gear. He asks why. I say, without really thinking, "So I can get better gear better."

:stare:

I promptly uninstalled it. What have I become?

Funkutron5000
Jan 21, 2010

hayden. posted:

Thanks a ton man, I'll hit you up. Isn't deep water like crazy expensive though? BP goes for like 100k I thought.

Got a bp of ro made for you. I've got my paladin chilling in NFP for the next few days if you wanna pick it up.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
drat! You must really love the paladins to go out and camp that. Especially for someone else. I hope you get properly thanked. That breastplate will last 40+ levels.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

Funkutron5000 posted:

Got a bp of ro made for you. I've got my paladin chilling in NFP for the next few days if you wanna pick it up.

Thanks a lot, I've been checking for you whenever I log on but haven't caught you at a good time yet. I'll be on most of today on Saidar.

Funkutron5000
Jan 21, 2010

Inimicul posted:

drat! You must really love the paladins to go out and camp that. Especially for someone else. I hope you get properly thanked. That breastplate will last 40+ levels.

I farm the pieces for it every once in a while. At 60 it's trivial to go and kill the cooks in Mistmoore to get the BP mold piece.

Someone hooked me up with a bunch of armor of ro pieces when I was a low level. It's fun to pay it back to other people!

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Had some fun today.

Took an 11 monk and 16 enchanter to deep Droga to powerlevel. There were some deaths (sweet deaths). Monk got 15 and chanter got 20. We ended up with 3 CoS drops and 1 Idol off Chief (he's waving in photo, sporting chap).

There was a level 1 gnome race event put on by Derubelllakad (whatever), so decided to see what that was like. Wasn't till last minute I realized the finish line was Qeynos. HAHAHA... gently caress no. I was gonna log if I made it to EK and call it good.

gently caress that, I'm not strafe running the whole way.

I made it to Kith, which was conveniently spawning undead halfway through. Some dumb gently caress bard was rounding up mobs near zone edges and commander one shot me.

This is a stupid game.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

I like the classic UI. Sorry I was too lazy to get see invis for you. You're PLing me now in Chardok and it's pretty sweet though!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

For those out of the loop, the dev team is currently building a pvp teams 99 server.

It's a ways off yet, they're still deciding teams, item loot implementation, etc. but it's pretty exciting nonetheless.

It will merge with the current red 99 server eventually, with a decision on ultimate rules made at that point.

Also, a 3rd large guild has emerged, Red Dawn and now is a great time to jump in with them helping newbies level quick and jump into the raid scene, we're just getting our feet wet (done plane of fear and hate once each so far.)

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

So, I shamefully trained myself in Droga last night and lost 10% of my level (59). Offering a stack of peridots to any cleric willing to help rezz me in that zone.

Will be on ~6pm EST if anyone's available.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
DDOSer will be hammering the server until they can figure out how to buffer against that. Rogean was estimating a week to sort it out. That means a week of "gently caress you, this is a free server" or "omg I'm spending time on fixing this and I'm not getting paid" forums-drama-whoring from him and any support staff.

I'm going to take a break and play some other games.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

I feel like the DDoS attacks are probably from someone frustrated with a GM. It doesn't really help that the GMs act like holier-than-thou pricks and are sometime notorious for laughably bad decisions and judgement. If Rogean just made them polite, impartial, and not interject emotion and rudeness into dealing with players I doubt we'd have this problem.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

hayden. posted:

I feel like the DDoS attacks are probably from someone frustrated with a GM. It doesn't really help that the GMs act like holier-than-thou pricks and are sometime notorious for laughably bad decisions and judgement. If Rogean just made them polite, impartial, and not interject emotion and rudeness into dealing with players I doubt we'd have this problem.

Well, the impartial and interjecting emotion part of that will never happen.

You have to realize that guides and GMs are normal players on our server. If their guild fucks up they try to stay out of it, but sometimes let emotion/pixels get in the way. The reign of Amelinda and Uthgaard going off and flipping out because they hated everything RNF and couldn't stick to their guns is over.

Ambrotos, Sirken, and the current GM/Guide staff have done a much much better job of staying impartial, however no one is perfect.

Edit: there was a few good RnF posts by Stealin a few days ago, one thing has me flummoxed. Who was Amelinda's Play Character? No one mentioned it in the thread, but apparently everyone knew who it was?

iNteg fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Nov 19, 2013

Migz
Apr 27, 2006
Is enchanter charm busted on this server? I remember getting my enchanter up to 29 or so and charm only lasting a good 30 seconds at most. (with ok cha gear) Or does it get better with higher level charm?

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Migz posted:

Is enchanter charm busted on this server? I remember getting my enchanter up to 29 or so and charm only lasting a good 30 seconds at most. (with ok cha gear) Or does it get better with higher level charm?

It gets better at higher levels. I didnt do any charming till 39 I think but I always read about people doing it at 24. Charming before 39 never seemed to go well for me.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

iNteg posted:

Edit: there was a few good RnF posts by Stealin a few days ago, one thing has me flummoxed. Who was Amelinda's Play Character? No one mentioned it in the thread, but apparently everyone knew who it was?

It's possible some TMO people know or something, but it's definitely not a "everyone knows" type of thing (I know only 1 GM, and another that's a GM or guide, can't remember, and I don't think he's active anymore anyways).

The general thought regarding Amelinda is that whoever she was, she wasn't anyone consequential anyways, and wasn't a current raider when she was a GM and deep into RMT anyways. Just someone who played during vanilla or something. I have zero facts to back that up.

There's a new guide announced the other day, and there's lots of reason to believe it's Knix, but no concrete proof of that. Just lots of "duh it's obvious" stuff.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

xZAOx posted:

There's a new guide announced the other day, and there's lots of reason to believe it's Knix, but no concrete proof of that. Just lots of "duh it's obvious" stuff.

Why in the hell would anyone let Knix be a guide? I remember her as an uber bitch.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

iNteg posted:

Why in the hell would anyone let Knix be a guide? I remember her as an uber bitch.

Did you come into BDA with the VD crew, or were you around before that? I can't remember.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

xZAOx posted:

It's possible some TMO people know or something, but it's definitely not a "everyone knows" type of thing (I know only 1 GM, and another that's a GM or guide, can't remember, and I don't think he's active anymore anyways).

The general thought regarding Amelinda is that whoever she was, she wasn't anyone consequential anyways, and wasn't a current raider when she was a GM and deep into RMT anyways. Just someone who played during vanilla or something. I have zero facts to back that up.

Yeah I was under the impression that Amelinda was Knix but I never had someone straight up tell me she was. I just heard whisperings. I think the best part of not playing any more is not having to listen to Knix.

I was pretty sure I knew who Ambrotos was too but again I didnt know for sure.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

xZAOx posted:

Did you come into BDA with the VD crew, or were you around before that? I can't remember.

VD Crew. Also Ambrotos is Bisch, he deployed to Afghanistan and that's when he was pretty much outed as who he was. He's still really impartial though, and liked to dump me in lava in Sol B while I was leveling. jerk.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Nah, Amelinda is not Knix, although they're similar - older housewive redhead types.

And yeah, Ambrotos = Bisch was the 1 GM I knew. Wasn't sure how "well known" it was.

The reason you hate Knix is because you came from the VD crew (FYI, it's earned). But that's when she changed her tune a lot (or perhaps who she really was just finally came out).

TouchTone - who are you in-game? You're not on the SA roster.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

xZAOx posted:

Nah, Amelinda is not Knix, although they're similar - older housewive redhead types.

And yeah, Ambrotos = Bisch was the 1 GM I knew. Wasn't sure how "well known" it was.

The reason you hate Knix is because you came from the VD crew (FYI, it's earned). But that's when she changed her tune a lot (or perhaps who she really was just finally came out).

TouchTone - who are you in-game? You're not on the SA roster.

I was Parliement but I havent been on in a really long time. Yeah im pretty sure most people knew Ambrotos was Bisch. I heard it for the first time after TMO got that two week raid suspension from him in Sky.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

TouchToneDialing posted:

I was Parliement but I havent been on in a really long time. Yeah im pretty sure most people knew Ambrotos was Bisch. I heard it for the first time after TMO got that two week raid suspension from him in Sky.

Oh hey Parls! I remember we randomly ran into each other in GW2 one day, heh. You actually came up during officer chat the other day. One of the newer officers mentioned that we used to have access to your toon and lost it, and was wondering if the account got sold or something. There was even a little ZOMG MAEYBEZ SPY!! with it, lol (looks like you dropped by the forums like six months ago or something). Ya know, for our big sekrit BDA fourmz (people quickly shot this down).

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
I still don't get why she was such a bitch to all of us and then left for TMO. Lol. Bruman come back and PL me to 60 <3 I'm like closeish.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
P99 pixels make people crazy, maing.

(and no! I'm busy saving hobbits or something in LOTRO)

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

xZAOx posted:

P99 pixels make people crazy, maing.

(and no! I'm busy saving hobbits or something in LOTRO)

Nasty hobbitses.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

xZAOx posted:

Oh hey Parls! I remember we randomly ran into each other in GW2 one day, heh. You actually came up during officer chat the other day. One of the newer officers mentioned that we used to have access to your toon and lost it, and was wondering if the account got sold or something. There was even a little ZOMG MAEYBEZ SPY!! with it, lol (looks like you dropped by the forums like six months ago or something). Ya know, for our big sekrit BDA fourmz (people quickly shot this down).

Ha. Yep I still have the account and unless I got removed im probably still in BDA hehe. I dont think anyone ever had access to my account though. I know I gave my info to San one time to refresh my air keys but the password was changed right after.

Now you have me thinking how much I could get for that account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

TouchToneDialing posted:

Ha. Yep I still have the account and unless I got removed im probably still in BDA hehe. I dont think anyone ever had access to my account though. I know I gave my info to San one time to refresh my air keys but the password was changed right after.

Now you have me thinking how much I could get for that account.

Account selling was banned :( I'll take it though :) haha.

• Locked thread