Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Things core to the whole X-Men Experience:

1) Time travel and subsequent spawning of various alternate realities.
2) Wolverine really likes beer. And jailbait sidekicks.
3) Everyone wants to gently caress Jean Grey.
4) Until she dies.
5) Forget whatever you saw in the movie. Which movie? All of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
Holy crap IM40 Recharge + Thor Mjolnir's Might = Feedback Loop of Enemy Mutilation.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...
OK, giving the whole Fakebook thing a shot: https://www.facebook.com/rata.tozsk. My team is pretty low level so I can't offer a whole a lot besides Health Packs, but that's something, right?

Ratatozsk fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Nov 15, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Health packs are great. They're the best thing!

Also I got to #2 in my heroic bracket, with 737 points. The #1 guy? He's got a lead of 200 points and is closing in on 1000. :stare:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
If it'll make you feel better, I have 875 and I'm in FOURTH. (1000, 977, 880 in front of me. Not that I'm all that worried about anything but progression.)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That ONE THOUSAND coin reward looks preeeety nice though.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

#1 in my bracket is 1126. How Do you even get that high?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Being a robot helps.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
Yes finally got the 500 hero points for the Thornament. Got knocked down just as I was about to reach 1200 points twice, but the third time was the charm.

Now to start on the Juggernaut event.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Managed to get my last two red thor covers (still need a yellow) from the Juggernaut event right before it got into the "gently caress you this is too hard" difficulty. ie. last fight was a level 114 Ragnarok and everyone was dead but cstorm. Now I just need 20,000+ more ISO to level him up from 61 to 77. Also finished my Daken's covers (oh god he's 35 and still needs a fuckload of ISO) and get another cover for my Bullseye (3/5 now) and he's been a main companion for CStorm and Thor in Thornament for me since he usually tanks Env, Black and Purple tiles to take the heat off CStorm or Thor if I need to and the purple match passive is pretty decent and the black ability is godly if you have a match last long enough to use it with boosted characters - around 4000 damage for my level 61 thor if I can make two sets of 2 red+crit. Wolvie got a cover too and his current cap is 53 but he's currently level 25.

In summation: I need a fuckload of ISO. Make it rain, fakebookers.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I've gotten so much iso from the last day. I levelled thor three times up to 80, and a few other dudes up too. Also got some more Cap and Dr Doom cards and tons of hawkeyes. :v:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I'm sitting on over 14k ISOs waiting on more Thor covers or enough of something else to make it worth levelling. :sigh:

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I need so much ISO too! How do you have so much saved up? There are at least 4 characters that I want to level up with ISO right now, and probably four more that I could level up.

Also my heroic bracket right now:

1. 1559
2. 1333
3. 1298
4. 1267
5. 1258
6. 1010
7. Me at 971

How do they have so much? I am getting such diminishing returns right now, I don't understand how they can have so much. I only want the Iron Man at 1250 so that I have all of his abilities.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The last fight with Yelena, Ragnarok and Daken seems to give a minimum of 15 so far. Hmm.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Fritzler posted:

I need so much ISO too! How do you have so much saved up? There are at least 4 characters that I want to level up with ISO right now, and probably four more that I could level up.

I had a really good run this morning on the Loki Lightning Round that yielded roughly 8k ISO. Shoving Loki in front of a normal Thor attack to trigger Classic Storm's passive lead to a bunch of really quick wins. Held first place for about 40 minutes of it, dropped down to about 10th by the end after some bad luck and running out of health packs.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Man I have gotten so many Thor covers today. I think I got something like 2 reds 2 yellows and a green, course I have no use for any of them :sigh:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Shwqa posted:

Man I have gotten so many Thor covers today. I think I got something like 2 reds 2 yellows and a green, course I have no use for any of them :sigh:

So jealous. I still need two red, one yellow and one green to max mine. After that I dunno what to dump my ISOs into, maybe Daken since I have him at 5/4 and will be 5/5 shortly. I'd like to do Magneto Now, Bullseye or Loki but I only have 1-2 covers of each.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I wish I would stop getting red Wolverine covers. Really, I don't need any more. Please give me green or yellow.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I got so many Thor covers, but my thor is already finished!

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I really need you guys to step up your game on sending me Wolverine covers. I'm stuck at 3/2/3, and getting 1 every 30 standard token pull just isn't doing it for me.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Russad posted:

I really need you guys to step up your game on sending me Wolverine covers. I'm stuck at 3/2/3, and getting 1 every 30 standard token pull just isn't doing it for me.
I'm stuck at 1/2/3, and I've had to sell of so many extra Dakens.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
DOOM has reached full daemon capacity. Now he just needs two more blues and a metric fuckload of ISO.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
These lightning tournaments have been great for me, almost maxed covers for dr. Doom and Loki. In the past lightning rounds gave me nothing but iso. Also there are people in the 2000+ range in my heroic bracket already. Meanwhile I'm back around 700 and wondering how i will reach their est of those sweet iron man 40 covers.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
R52 preview:

quote:

Major update to Ability Firing UI in battle
- Ability Bars are now displayed for each character and their powers. These fill independently and pulse when they are full. Tapping a character's icon will bring up their abilities which may be reviewed or used if they have enough AP.

- This also means that tiles will no longer pulse when abilities are ready and that the Tile Info panel for all tiles will always be visible.

- The Character Info Screen for each character has been revised. This screen now displays Color Strengths as well as all previous information, making viewing a character's status much easier.

- The Ability Training screen for each character has been revised. Now instead of tapping a Train button then deciding how to train, Agents immediately see if an extra Cover is available for an ability and can use that Cover instead of moving to another menu first.

- Agents may now train Abilities from a character's own individual Ability Description Screens.

- The first page of a Character Comic now allows Agents to sell that character copy.

- Collection has been renamed to Roster. The Roster now only holds active characters. Any characters gained go into the Rewards Cache.

- The Rewards Cache has been heavily revised.

• Agents may now tap on any reward and see Character Info. This allows Agents to get a better idea of exactly what each reward is if they don't know offhand what a given Ability is.

• Agents may Train an ability into an already recruited character directly from this menu instead of having to redeem the character first.

• Agents may sell unneeded covers directly from this area without redeeming the character first.

• Tapping the Star icon in the upper right of any reward allows an Agent to Recruit an additional copy of any character. This new character will take up a Cover Slot and be able to be trained just like any other character.

- All PvE chapter maps now feature backgrounds that show progression and involve more character art.

- First time user experience message pop ups have been revised.

Gameplay-All mission rewards after the first now have a 50% chance of giving a non-consolation reward until all rewards have been earned.

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007
I love this. I love all of this. Can't wait!

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

When is that coming out? Sounds pretty sweet.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
What a great update!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
And that ends this week's Lightning Rounds. (Villain Punching Dummy) + Storm + Wolverine is quite efficient at sucking up damage and redirecting it as whoosh.

Got another Magneto Classic Purple. Man, I'd love his Blue power if it was readily available, it came in really handy in the lightning rounds and a skilled-up one would be brutal.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Yeah the suicide villains in the lightning rounds were awesome. I didn't get to play as much as I'd have liked but ended up with over 20k ISO banked after dumping 4k into Daken last night. Even got Magneto's blue power on the token draw. It'll be fun when I start to get enough covers for things like both Magnetos, Loki, Spider-Man, Black Widow Grey and others to be usable.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Dang my heroic braket is pretty tough. I'm in 15 place with 804 points. The person above me has 900. I'm going to need to play that last mission a lot to keep up and get 3 grey widows.

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

Today's going well so far, finally power-capped Thor with red covers from the daily reward heroic and the last Juggernaut mission. Now I get 12 hours to enjoy the full brokenness of turn 1 Mjolnir.

Also power-capped Daken (easy decision there, 5-5). Dude's going to need a lot of ISO though.

Those patch notes look awesome. Shows that they listen to feedback.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, that update is looking pretty great.

Also my Thornament bracket was nice and dozy this afternoon, managed to claw my way up to the 1200 point mark for the coins. Guessing I'm going to get punched all the way back down tonight though. Still, it's nice to be number one for a while.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Shwqa posted:

Dang my heroic braket is pretty tough. I'm in 15 place with 804 points. The person above me has 900. I'm going to need to play that last mission a lot to keep up and get 3 grey widows.

Uh-huh.

(stares at 983 points in 19th place)

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
1st place in my bracket is pushing 3000 already, something like 1000-1100 by 10th place.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I was a couple hundred points clear in 1st place when I left work today. I just checked again and I think I'm done with the Thor tournament. I won't be able to sit there for the last couple hours when it ends tomorrow, and I already got one of the Loki progression awards.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

delfin posted:

Uh-huh.

(stares at 983 points in 19th place)

Ouch never mind then.

Edit: oh man another tournament. This time black widow grey. The top reward is a whole new black widow If I play my card right I could have a 2/3/3 black widow grey in a few days.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Nov 15, 2013

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Wow, those sure are some lovely prizes in the weekend Black Widow event. Everyone will be doing rating limbo trying to avoid getting above 150 for the standard token instead of a Widow Modern cover.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Those top 25 Widow prizes aren't Grey Suit OR Modern. This is something new.

EDIT: Widow is buffed 200%, so the time-honored hat-on-a-stick technique with Storm Classic will be standard practice.

delfin fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 15, 2013

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

BGrifter posted:

Wow, those sure are some lovely prizes in the weekend Black Widow event. Everyone will be doing rating limbo trying to avoid getting above 150 for the standard token instead of a Widow Modern cover.

I dunno, it's a new character.
Do we even know what her abilities do yet?

Edit: also it's a 2*, so there's a realistic chance of getting more covers in the future

Kravdraa fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Nov 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I was writing off the top 25, ranks 26-75 are Widow Modern. Even if the new Widow does turn out to be good, I doubt I'll see enough covers to get her to a usable level any time soon.