Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I must be really bad at being a football goon, but I just don't understand.

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

It's kind of a long story.
It's Mats Hummels wearing an Italy sweater.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

MuLepton posted:

It's Mats Hummels wearing an Italy sweater.

:doh: I did not even look at the picture (beyond seeing a young guy there) and concentrated on the text. Well, let's just hope he will be part of a victorious team this evening.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

lol you care about GMNT between tournaments

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

If Schweinsteiger doesn't give a gently caress about friendlies, why should I?

I know he's injured this time, don't ruin my joke!

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
It's some sort of professional football and this time it's against Italy and England at least.

Distant Mist
Apr 22, 2008

dxt posted:

stupid going on vacation making miss kicktipp for a week and losing first place.

That's what you get for having your priorities all wrong.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Hummels and Schmelzer are now confirmed out for the Bayern match, leaving Friedrich as only alternative centerback.

But wait, he got himself injured in a testgame against Paderborn this week, so Dortmund look very thinned out at the back.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Healbot posted:

Hummels and Schmelzer are now confirmed out for the Bayern match, leaving Friedrich as only alternative centerback.

But wait, he got himself injured in a testgame against Paderborn this week, so Dortmund look very thinned out at the back.

What about the champions league next week? They're playing Napoli so things could get very difficult for them I guess.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Healbot posted:

Seems like the excuses are all in place already.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
So would you imply that this series of injuries is not a valid excuse for anything? I don't understand that comment.
The next two weeks will probably be a second Oktoberfest for those who don't like Dortmund. But considering that some of our fans are making up conspiracy theories about Jogi Löw letting the Dortmund players get injured in a meaningless match on purpose, I can kind of understand it.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

sicDaniel posted:

So would you imply that this series of injuries is not a valid excuse for anything? I don't understand that comment.
The next two weeks will probably be a second Oktoberfest for those who don't like Dortmund. But considering that some of our fans are making up conspiracy theories about Jogi Löw letting the Dortmund players get injured in a meaningless match on purpose, I can kind of understand it.

Don't feed the trolls/Bayern plastics.

Regarding these laughable conspiracy theories, every group has these. 9/11 truthers, Illuminati fans or Jogi Löw nuts. Ignore them.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

sicDaniel posted:

It'll probably impact their performance, sure..but Bayern isn't exactly without injury woes either.
Neither team will be at their best on Saturday.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Löw gives absolutely no fucks about anyone but himself, and Bayern doesn't need the DFB's help to beat Dortmund. It's a shame that they are suffering from so many injuries, but it is what it is.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Ribery is out as well with a broken rib, so there's that.

A BALLIN LUNCH!!
Mar 13, 2007

Dortmund's injuries are a lot worse and they'll get pummeled on saturday.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES
What's hilarious is that with all these injuries happening, Robben isn't involved! Bizarro Bundesliga in effect.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Katana Gomai posted:

Löw gives absolutely no fucks about anyone but himself, and Bayern doesn't need the DFB's help to beat Dortmund. It's a shame that they are suffering from so many injuries, but it is what it is.

Like in the Supercup, where Bayern crushed the BvB...

We will see who wins the game, if there even is a winner.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Whoever wins, I am sure we'll hear about it, because there are only two teams in Germany and gently caress, I can't take the Bayern vs. BVB mediahype anymore. Just gently caress already!

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Nov 22, 2013

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Katana Gomai posted:

Whoever wins, I am sure we'll hear about it, because there are only two teams in Germany and gently caress, I can't take the Bayern vs. BVB mediahype anymore. Just gently caress already!

Poor Babby 04 Leverkusen doesn't get the attention it wants, boohoo, score more non-goals maybe?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Poor Babby 04 Leverkusen doesn't get the attention it wants, boohoo, score more non-goals maybe?

You act like we're better off with "Did the DFB injury BVB players on purpose????"

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Even I'm getting tired by all this media hype surrounding the game. I haven't read a single article about it since basically everything that needed to be said about the match has been said a thousand times already.

Let's just play the loving match and be done with it.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Dunban posted:

Even I'm getting tired by all this media hype surrounding the game. I haven't read a single article about it since basically everything that needed to be said about the match has been said a thousand times already.

Let's just play the loving match and be done with it.

Yeah this. Apart from reports on which players are injured I simply don't care for any other pre-game reporting.

And fair point to Leverkusen, perhaps they will become Meister.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Meister der Herzen is forever taken by Schalke though.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Leverkusen can be Vizemesiter der Herzen, that's more their style.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

It's not even about us, it's more about the 15 other teams which also play in the Bundesliga. There are some very interesting narratives going on, but absolutely everything is focussed on Bayern v. BVB. Which is fine during the week they actually play each other, but it's not much different the rest of the year, either.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Thank god Jogi Low is on our side. It's so obvious... foolish Dortmunders.

[edit] BAYERNJAGER

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Nice meltdown Schalke.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
OOh its Dort vs. Yern *fires up pc for a hot morning of streaming action*

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

vaginal culture posted:

OOh its Dort vs. Yern *fires up pc for a hot morning of streaming action*

Please don't share your fetishes with us, tia.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I demand four goals and two red cards. Anything less will be a disappointment.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
have dortmund always sung youll never walk alone?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

have dortmund always sung youll never walk alone?

They've been doing that for a few years now, isn't it original? :allears:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i live in japan and have heard it sung like yuuuuu nebaaa waaaaaa aronnnunuu, at least the germans have decent pronunciation

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009
Lol Neuer sweeping 40 yards off his line

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Katana Gomai posted:

I demand four goals and two red cards. Anything less will be a disappointment.

I demand Großkreutz getting kicked in the face and dick. Repeatedly.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
whats wrong w/ grosskreutz?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Adulterous Hitler posted:

I demand Großkreutz getting kicked in the face and dick. Repeatedly.

Down with this but also Mandzukic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009
Bayern look class here

• Locked thread