Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

This makes me uncomfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008
I hope they put in Equius.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

senseinobu posted:

I hope they put in Equius.

It has to be him :allears:

Suck it up Vriskailures.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You're all missing the ultimate dating sim trope character, the pinnical challenge that must be included.

Caliborn.

Comedy option is Gamzee.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Wait... does this imply that the homestuck game is going to be published by namco?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Look, it has to be Vriska. Every dating sim needs a yandere who's going to brutally murder you if you romance her.

It's obvious.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Bobulus posted:

I'll bite: Why?

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Plom Bar posted:

It makes me a little uneasy too, I guess I was thinking Namco High would be its own individual project, a chance for Hussie to graduate from the "webcomic for teenagers" thing. Including Terezi though feels a little too... fan-ficcy? Pandering? I mean with Hussie and associated tumblr artists working on the game Homestuck fans are going to buy the drat thing anyway, so adding a troll is trying to attract an audience Namco already has guaranteed.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Namco High was supposed to be about Namco property video game characters banging eachother. Adding Terezi is just self-serving.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I don't see it that way.

I see it as a first real step beyond Terezie, and Homestuck in general, being just a 'Webcomic' thing. Considering this implies, heavily, that Namco might be helping with the actual Homestuck game, and considering who their parent company is and what business they get into, it could be a first real step towards something more for Homestuck.

Like, legitimately, might be a step towards an actual animated series and not a dumb one we all made up in our heads. And if that was Hussie's game plan, that was his final draft? All the more love for it.

EDIT: I also have to point out, even if this doesn't lead to some magical journey of becoming something more or whatever, that Hussie isn't the only guy working on this. Far from it, all he is is the creative director. So I doubt he could force his characters onto the project if they didn't want them there.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
According to the merch page:

quote:

DELUXE PAK
All the dateable NAMCO BANDAI Games characters, all three of the Homestuck characters, plus digital soundtrack, wallpapers, and avatar set
WeLoveFine.com (Pre-Order): $14.95

So I guess we're getting more HS characters. Too bad, I was hoping to romance Hysterical Dame, or Ace Dick in a wig.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Plom Bar posted:

For me, it was a combination of "it's really weird to mix Homestuck stuff in with something much more corporate" and "there's already way too many people that want to date the characters, do we want to encourage that by making it the objective of a game?"

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Bobulus posted:

For me, it was a combination of "it's really weird to mix Homestuck stuff in with something much more corporate" and "there's already way too many people that want to date the characters, do we want to encourage that by making it the objective of a game?"

Encouring his fanbase to do terrible things is pretty much the entire point of Hussie's career.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Eh, I think dating games and people who play them are pretty sad anyway, and this one could be more of a joke, like that one where you date pigeons.

She's gonna keep her 1337speak I assume? Oh god what if it has sound clips, we're gonna hear her ~official voice~

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blackheart posted:

Eh, I think dating games and people who play them are pretty sad anyway, and this one could be more of a joke, like that one where you date pigeons.

She's gonna keep her 1337speak I assume? Oh god what if it has sound clips, we're gonna hear her ~official voice~

Could be?

One of your choices, and the only moral one let's be honest, IS A loving SPACE SHIP.

You are the cousin of the prince of the King of the COSMOS going to highschool DATING A SPACE SHIP.

I don't think this is going to be played serious no matter how many people inevitably die.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Burkion posted:

Could be?

One of your choices, and the only moral one let's be honest, IS A loving SPACE SHIP.

You are the cousin of the prince of the King of the COSMOS going to highschool DATING A SPACE SHIP.

I don't think this is going to be played serious no matter how many people inevitably die.

And in all honesty, it being played straight could be even funnier than if it wasn't. Also add a anthropomorphic Taiko drum and a cat from loving Mappy of all games like seriously

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Tunicate posted:

Wait... does this imply that the homestuck game is going to be published by namco?

I dunno, does Namco like giant stacks of squealing fan money?

Triskelli posted:

It makes me a little uneasy too, I guess I was thinking Namco High would be its own individual project, a chance for Hussie to graduate from the "webcomic for teenagers" thing. Including Terezi though feels a little too... fan-ficcy? Pandering? I mean with Hussie and associated tumblr artists working on the game Homestuck fans are going to buy the drat thing anyway, so adding a troll is trying to attract an audience Namco already has guaranteed.

The entire game is one giant Namco nostalgia panderfest. It's a dating game. This was never going to be the Stanley Parable but with dating a spaceship.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
Why would you date a troll anyway when you can date THE MOST ALLURING THING IN THE UNIVERSE

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I don't think Vriska will be a student.

But I can hope that Mindfang will be a teacher. The best teacher. No detentions, just mauls you into losing an arm and an eye.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
I was hoping it would be John, confused about why his retcon powers deposited him in this absurd school.

But by the time the page loaded, I somehow figured it would be Terezi. Though at first glance, the thumbnail looked more like Redglare for a sec. Probably just the art style.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I don't think Vriska will be a student.

But I can hope that Mindfang will be a teacher. The best teacher. No detentions, just mauls you into losing an arm and an eye.

Yes but only if it's Drunk Mindfang :colbert:

and the final character is Geromy.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I accepted that Hussie was no longer interested in creating content for my demographic a long time ago, but yet I still keep clinging to hope that he will start making more mature themed stuff again.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Talorat posted:

I accepted that Hussie was no longer interested in creating content for my demographic a long time ago, but yet I still keep clinging to hope that he will start making more mature themed stuff again.

I don't know what you're talking about. Clearly this game is going to be JuST FILTHY.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Blackheart posted:

Yes but only if it's Drunk Mindfang :colbert:
"Mindfang-sama, weed y/n??"
"ye"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I hope its a weird troll (haha, not that way) on Hussie's part. :v:

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
The next two are those two kickstarter fan trolls.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

whowhatwhere posted:

The next two are those two kickstarter fan trolls.

Dude they died

Edit: I hope the spaceship and the cat have a sickwicked rap battle with beats supplied from the drum guy

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

bigmcgaffney posted:

Dude they died

Edit: I hope the spaceship and the cat have a sickwicked rap battle with beats supplied from the drum guy

Game is clearly non-canon, Terezi is blind and also not half beaten to death by The Worst Troll.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Cabbit posted:

Game is clearly non-canon, Terezi is blind and also not half beaten to death by The Worst Troll.

Maybe... It's Homestuck that isn't canon!

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

bigmcgaffney posted:

Maybe... It's Homestuck that isn't canon!

This is a Hussie project. That's obviously going to be his answer if asked.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Lord English will destroy the stars and the Prince has to go make Katamaris to fix it.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Bobulus posted:

The whole product is going to make me uncomfortable, I'm fairly sure.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I just noticed.

Terezie has a voice actress. Alexandra Douglass. ...does anyone know what the hell she's done before, voice wise?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Burkion posted:

I just noticed.

Terezie has a voice actress. Alexandra Douglass. ...does anyone know what the hell she's done before, voice wise?

She's the artist.

E: Here's her Tumblr

Ammat The Ankh fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 16, 2013

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Except, when it lists her, it specifically identifies her as Terezie, unless she's the dedicated artist for Terezie's stuff?

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Burkion posted:

Except, when it lists her, it specifically identifies her as Terezie, unless she's the dedicated artist for Terezie's stuff?

Yeop.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Duh! I knew I recognized that name. She's a fantastic artist, just take a look at her portfolio.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Burkion posted:

They have dedicated artists with their own art style for each character, which is pretty cool.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
how dare they sully the integrity of this dating sim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
... okay, I have to admit, I would have never guessed that Hussie's next project after Homestuck would be an officially licensed Namco Bandai gallery dating sim.

I'm like, hovering around 80% sure this is a really, really elaborate troll. Mostly it's the fact that there's no unified style to the artwork, companies like Namco Bandai are all about building brands and to do that you need a distinct style which needs to be cohesive otherwise nobody knows where it comes from. Hussie is really, really good at that kinda stuff, you wouldn't confuse a random panel of Homestuck for some other webcomic, hell you wouldn't even confuse a random panel from Problem Sleuth for Homestuck, so the fact that nothing about this project gels together says to me this is a prank of some kind.

But then I look up the press release and like there's way too many ™'s in that thing for it to be a fake so I guess this is real but then what does that even mean?