Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

Earth gets destroyed; Miles, Ganke, Gwen and whoever hop on a ship and become the Ultimate GotG

Aunt May is turned into a tree. "I AM MAY."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
The movie Amazing Spiderman 2 ends with Spidey dying and a young black kid picking up his mask.

Sales of Ultimate Spiderman jump 5000% overnight.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

based on the solicits over at:
http://www.ultimatecomicsuniverse.com/

I'm gonna say they're not gonna kill the universe. I may drop the books after cataclysm unless something really cool happens.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Mister Roboto posted:

The movie Amazing Spiderman 2 ends with Spidey dying and a young black kid picking up his mask.

Sales of Ultimate Spiderman jump 5000% overnight.

The nerd-racist tears will be so loving sweet if that happens.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

notthegoatseguy posted:

I genuinely want a Miles film. Racist tears are just a bonus. #donaldglover4spiderman :(

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Koalas March posted:

I genuinely want a Miles film. Racist tears are just a bonus. #donaldglover4spiderman :(

I don't think that is gonna happen.

Because main characters who are minorities alienate ~white people~ according to Hollywood.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

notthegoatseguy posted:

I would laugh myself into a coma, where my coma-dreams are just me laughing into eternity. Is it wrong that I actively want video game/comic book movies to piss off the nerd fanbase nowadays? The tears are delicious.:qq:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Miles story so far is amazing and would make a great movie up until the end of the Venom arc. Movie would end and I'd be all :qq:

A cinematic ultimate universe would be fun to see.

I really, really, really want to see Jessica form up a Young Ultimates.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

notthegoatseguy posted:

Ugh. Remember when Hollywood made Green Lantern white?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

omnibobb posted:

Ugh. Remember when Hollywood made Green Lantern white?

Unless I'm missing the sarcasm, there are four earth lanterns: Jordan, Rayner, Gardner and Stewart. Of them all, only John and Baz aren't caucasian.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Nov 15, 2013

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Woosh

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Unless I'm missing the sarcasm, there are four earth lanterns: Jordan, Rayner, Outside of John and Baz they're white. Only John and Baz aren't caucasian.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Unless I'm missing the sarcasm, there are four earth lanterns: Jordan, Rayner, Outside of John and Baz they're white. Only John and Baz aren't caucasian.

There was a big hoopla about the Green Lantern movie whitewashing because a whole generation of people were only exposed to John from the Justice League cartoons and assumed he was the only earth lantern.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Way to forget Alan and Jade, racist.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Endless Mike posted:

Way to forget Alan and Jade, racist.

Well, they aren't sanctioned by the Guardians therefore, they aren' t true lanterns :v:
But seriously they totally slipped my mind, and now I realize that my previous post is awfully written, sorry about that guys.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Even if Galactus doesn't eat Ultimate Earth, won't the UU have to deal with an incursion at some point?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Nevvy Z posted:

Even if Galactus doesn't eat Ultimate Earth, won't the UU have to deal with an incursion at some point?

They already beat the Galactus cloud.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

plus they still have the Infinity Gems.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

Nevvy Z posted:

I can already imagine the 3 part story of the Illuminati going to Ultimate Marvel to destroy it. I'm not sure if I could handle it.

Mr Deliciousman
Apr 29, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I really, really, really want to see Jessica form up a Young Ultimates.

This is what I really want to see, too. Hoping the universe doesn't end just so there's a chance at this.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
Ultimate Comics: The Ul-Teen-mates :D

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
Has it actually been said this is 616 Galactus or is everyone, including the characters, just assuming and implying?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Mister Roboto posted:

Has it actually been said this is 616 Galactus or is everyone, including the characters, just assuming and implying?

Yes in Age of Ultron.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I could do without Jessica gushing about how amazing Miles is every time he's mentioned/shows up. Gotta be the... 4th? 5th time?

Seems... out of character (we all know what's really going on, Bendis, stop circle-jerking yourself / your own pet character).

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Pimpmust posted:

I could do without Jessica gushing about how amazing Miles is every time he's mentioned/shows up. Gotta be the... 4th? 5th time?

Seems... out of character (we all know what's really going on, Bendis, stop circle-jerking yourself / your own pet character).

If I wasn't pretty sure there's like a 5 year age difference I'd say she has a crush.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Lurdiak posted:

If I wasn't pretty sure there's like a 5 year age difference I'd say she has a crush.

It's hard to tell how old she's actually intended to be. I always figured she was early 20's, since the Ultimates took her on as a member.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
She's the same age as Peter, isn't she?

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

DFu4ever posted:

It's hard to tell how old she's actually intended to be. I always figured she was early 20's, since the Ultimates took her on as a member.

Not got it with me right now but pretty sure she says "I'm 16" in this issue.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

krakagar posted:

Having Miles' introduction occur in the past of USM really messed with my sense of timeline.

Mr Deliciousman
Apr 29, 2009

krakagar posted:

Monica Chang says it, but yeah, "You're 16" is the line. Although it seems off - Peter was 16 when he died, and that was before the one year timejump, so if she's the same age she should be at least 17. Notably older than Miles, in any case.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mr Deliciousman posted:

Monica Chang says it, but yeah, "You're 16" is the line. Although it seems off - Peter was 16 when he died, and that was before the one year timejump, so if she's the same age she should be at least 17. Notably older than Miles, in any case.

17 and 14 year olds date in high schools all the time, people mature at different rates so in some cases there doesn't seem to be anything weird about it and in others it'd be really unseemly. That being said, it'd be really weird for there to be any romantic interaction between Miles and Peter's female clone, and also I assume Jessica is fully emancipated, so the maturity levels are very different, beyond just the age gap. Though I am looking forward to (Bendis's Uncanny/All-New X-Men spoilers)X-23 and Young Scott Summers hooking up for how awkward that's going to be.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Isn't Miles 16 now after the 'one year later' jump?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Technically Jessica is like three or four.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

SirDan3k posted:

Technically Jessica is like three or four.

Yeah but she was born with a full complement of memories and experiences so she gets a pass there.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Doesn't Miles have a girlfriend already?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Doesn't Miles have a girlfriend already?

Ultimate Kate Bishop. Which could be either totally great or just ignored.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Senjuro posted:

OK I didn't think that one all the way through but come on, surely there are good ideas out there that are not a rehash of the same character as before.

It doesn't really matter that Miles is the same basic character template, the very fact that he's Peters successor means theres a new angle to the story.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Doesn't help with the sense of age that every other artist draws Jessica as a 6+ feet super model.

The "Amazing" dialogue always comes across as... Bendis writing fan-fiction, fan-fiction of his own work :psyduck:

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Pimpmust posted:

Doesn't help with the sense of age that every other artist draws Jessica as a 6+ feet super model.

The "Amazing" dialogue always comes across as... Bendis writing fan-fiction, fan-fiction of his own work :psyduck:

I understand that. But on the other hand, Peter wasn't taken seriously as a hero until late in his career. So how many more "you're just a kid, go home" stories do we really need?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

notthegoatseguy posted:

I understand that. But on the other hand, Peter wasn't taken seriously as a hero until late in his career. So how many more "you're just a kid, go home" stories do we really need?

I think there is a middle ground between the two.

You could put in other banter (which is usually pretty good!) or just leave them silent.

• Locked thread