Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Hahaha grey widow's purple ability is amazing. I only got it at level 1, but I can imagine would power it holds at higher levels. It already is basically a free critical tile. At level 5 I imagine you could get in the 2-4 critical tile range.

Also the rank rewards are kinda poo poo, but the progression rewards rock. I can't wait for another purple grey widow. Plus 2-3 heroic tokens, tons of iso, and both daken covers for those that still need them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Yeah it's like Magneto Now's ability just a less desirable color. I'd love to get enough covers to run one. At least I can grind out the rating reward ones this weekend and I'm at 1/1/1 from an event last week.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
I'm doing a fight in the Thor versus arena and just had a Modern Black Widow use an ability on me that she... doesn't have.
It was a black skill, Latvian backup or something? It created four villain strike tiles on the board. Weird.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Poulpe posted:

I'm doing a fight in the Thor versus arena and just had a Modern Black Widow use an ability on me that she... doesn't have.
It was a black skill, Latvian backup or something? It created four villain strike tiles on the board. Weird.

You sure that's not the Environmental skill? There's definitely one that does that.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

BGrifter posted:

Yeah it's like Magneto Now's ability just a less desirable color. I'd love to get enough covers to run one. At least I can grind out the rating reward ones this weekend and I'm at 1/1/1 from an event last week.

Yeah I got her at 1/1/1 from last week and hoping i can get another 1/1/1 from juggernaut and 1 more purple from this event. Also I rolled a second 150 token from the juggernaut and got grey widow red.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

McDragon posted:

You sure that's not the Environmental skill? There's definitely one that does that.

Ohh I think you're right, yeah. Hadn't seen it before.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Poulpe posted:

That is the castle tile environment. That used to be much worse but they nerfed it thankfully.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Grey Widow is my most promising 3-star character at 1/2/2, so all these rewards are most welcome.

Any info yet on the "original" Widow?

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Is anyone else not getting the option to retaliate? I get the notification that I was defeated, but the circles aren't red when I get to them.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

beaner69 posted:

Is anyone else not getting the option to retaliate? I get the notification that I was defeated, but the circles aren't red when I get to them.

This has been happening to me in the Thor tournament all day.

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008

beaner69 posted:

Oh good, I was starting to wonder if it was just me. I only started noticing it when the Widow tourney kicked off, dunno about the Thor one.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

So I got up to 900 points on the heroic mode, but now I'm 20th place. :sigh:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jeez, so many things to do with this game today! Last day of Thornament, gotta look at heroic AND Black Widow! And that amazing forthcoming update! :swoon:

So I've been trying something new with the fights. (punching bag), a maxed Thor, and a max skilled level 1 Hawkeye. Wait wait hear me out! Level 1 with max Take Aim is great if you love environmental tiles and a boosted punchbag! Match 3 tiles and it's 200-300ish environment points, enough to activate the max ability or use the base ability 4 times. That means tons of free healing in a city, or a game over for the enemy team in the forest. And being level 1 means all his attacks are super lovely so he's never in front to take damage!

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
My brackets are so relaxed compared to you guys, I was at #1 in Black Widownament at 119 (15 minutes ago) and I'm at #6 in Juggernaut with 908 (top is 1287)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:stare:

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

what in the......dude's gotta be cheating, surely???

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

bubbapook posted:

what in the......dude's gotta be cheating, surely???

I got more people like that in my group.

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
2014 ain't nothing, the top guy in my bracket has had exactly 3000 points for hours now.

VVVV Yeah, i'll probably send them a copy in a bit just for kicks.

Deathwing fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Nov 16, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, suddenly mine doesnt seem so suspicious. You'd definitely want to forward that pic on to d3 though Deathwing.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
That's Polkio's thing. He ground out hordes of points in Unstable ISO as well.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Every game has that one player that just plays way too much.

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
Yeah, makes a little more sense then. I knew someone like that on the MUD I used to play, the sort of person the admins have to invent new levels of progression for.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
After blowing 3k iso trying to get a classic Storm and repeatedly getting Modern, I guess I'll just horde the iso until I finally get something for her. I get itchy looking at 5k iso that I'm supposed to save until who knows when.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

How do you get to that rank with that team?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Man, grey is not a flattering colour on Storm or Black Widow.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Deep Winter posted:

How do you get to that rank with that team?

The probably lost a close match with their main team and just used that one to mop up.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
With the lack of retaliation icons and the ease of hat-on-a-stick wins, this Widow tourney is a bloodbath. Search for high-ranked opponent, make sure he's not Spider-Man 100 / Ragnarok 100 / Widow 100, smash, repeat.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its definitely a nice mix of events at the moment. Murder fun time of Thor. Vs AI for Heroic, and bait and smash in Widow.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

SynthOrange posted:

Its definitely a nice mix of events at the moment. Murder fun time of Thor. Vs AI for Heroic, and bait and smash in Widow.

Shame about Thor's event's rewards, nothing really worth fighting for. We're on the same bracket, by the way, I'm #3 to your puny #8 :smugdog:

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
I made it to 1500 in the Thornament thanks to the lack of retaliation. I am super happy about this. And I can finally stop leaving exactly one cover slot open and that Loki can sit in the cache/reward section until that patch comes through. Now to grind for more Spider-Man in heroic Juggernaut!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

seravid posted:

Shame about Thor's event's rewards, nothing really worth fighting for. We're on the same bracket, by the way, I'm #3 to your puny #8 :smugdog:

We'll get the same reward though. :v: I'm resting up for one last push in the last hour.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

SynthOrange posted:

We'll get the same reward though. :v: I'm resting up for one last push in the last hour.

Yeah I'm trying to decide whether to keep myself top two in my super weak bracket or drop into top ten for the two Loki covers. Long term Wolverine is cool and all, but it seems like assembling a play set of Lokis is a lot more likely.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

seravid posted:

Any info yet on the "original" Widow?

Black Widow (Original)
2 Star Rarity (Uncommon)

Aggressive Recon - Purple 5 AP
Natasha goes undercover to find her opponent's secrets. She steals 2 Yellow, Blue, Red, and Green AP, undermining the enemy's plans and setting hers into motion.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Steals 3 AP. Costs 2 AP more.
Level 3: Also steals Black AP. Costs 1 AP more.
Level 4: Steals 4 AP. Costs 2 AP more.
Level 5: Also steals Purple AP. Costs 1 AP more.

Anti-Gravity Device - Blue 11 AP
Stolen Stark tech increases enemy countdowns by 2. If there are none, heals all allies of 100 damage.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Add 3 to timers.
Level 3: Costs 2 AP less.
Level 4: Adds 4 to timers.
Level 5: 50% heal with enemy countdown timers present. (Dev note: This means at Level 5 AGD and base level character, she would heal for 50 with Countdown tiles, plus 50 more if none are present)

Espionage - Black Passive
Not yet implemented. Coming soon!

Her color Strengths are Black, Blue, Purple in that order. Crit of 4x, EO tile of 3.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I got up to 1200 on Thor reward of 500 hero points. I got IM40 (yellow), Hakweye modern blue and red. Then I got a heroic token from grey widow tournament and got a bull eyes purple. Not a bad hull.

Edit: black widow 2* might be the worst one yet.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I think the last update made it so that I can't play from home via my satellite internet. It just gives the comlink down message and never loads. I can play using actual internet elsewhere... but when I go back home it stops working again... stupid lovely internet.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

BGrifter posted:

Yeah I'm trying to decide whether to keep myself top two in my super weak bracket or drop into top ten for the two Loki covers. Long term Wolverine is cool and all, but it seems like assembling a play set of Lokis is a lot more likely.

And here I'm debating if I want to drop DOWN into 26-50 and get the last Daken cover I need.

I mean, yeah, if I had a 5/5 Loki I could find uses for him. A 1/1 not so much.

As for Widow Original, I'm curious if the cover itself has significance -- only Moonstone's cover has anyone on it who's not currently in the game, and that's arguable (that's Normie in the Iron Patriot suit). Original Widow shows Jean Grey and the Scarlet Witch.

Her skills are interesting if those are accurate. Aggressive Recon is MUCH cheaper than the Modern version, and Anti-Grav makes her only the second healer in the game. Might lead to not running Great Responsibility over and over when I need a quick top-off.

delfin fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Nov 16, 2013

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

delfin posted:

And here I'm debating if I want to drop DOWN into 26-50 and get the last Daken cover I need.

I mean, yeah, if I had a 5/5 Loki I could find uses for him. A 1/1 not so much.

As for Widow Original, I'm curious if the cover itself has significance -- only Moonstone's cover has anyone on it who's not currently in the game, and that's arguable (that's Normie in the Iron Patriot suit). Original Widow shows Jean Grey and the Scarlet Witch.

My bracket is comically weak. I'd have to drop 900 points to fall out of the top ten.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
FYI: Retaliations appear to work again. So after all the time spent patting themselves on the back for lower PvP bracket volatility with the R41 change... prepare to lose 500+ points in the last 10 minutes of this one! Wheeeeee!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Honestly I think the PVP would be better if they took retaliations out entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

BGrifter posted:

Honestly I think the PVP would be better if they took retaliations out entirely.

Yeah I thought it was better without the retaliation. That way every fight didn't devolve into a pissing match where you lose points at the worst time.