Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kill your idols
Sep 11, 2003

by T. Finninho

6x11 - Aon Rud Persanta.

Promo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5J4K7FY7wA

I've been slacking, bros. Just found out my wife is setting up my mom in a fake baby killing, my stepdad is getting out of prison and my candy store is really understaffed. Oh, and the whole my stepdad getting out of prison thing? Yea, I gotta help break him out.

Anyway, here's my weekly update on what to expect next week, as I get to the bottom of something. Maybe.

40 sheriffs', lots of guns, and SAMBRO? Sure, why not.

Hey now, Jax, that's a .50cal, bro.

This episode just screams buttrock. Don't let us down, Sutter.

kill your idols fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Nov 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Holy poo poo that's a ridiculously large hand gun.

Devour
Dec 18, 2009

by angerbeet
I wasn't expecting Henry Lin to go out like that, god drat. Looks like Galen is going the Jimmy O'Phelan route. Also, to the guy who said Clay is going to die next week, I highly doubt it. If he's going to die, they'll definitely save that for the finale.

Next week looks like it's going to be totally :rock: though.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

hatelull posted:

Holy poo poo that's a ridiculously large hand gun.
It's a shame they don't have access to tons of automatic rifles and stuff so they gotta carry handguns like that around.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

stuxracer posted:

It's a shame they don't have access to tons of automatic rifles and stuff so they gotta carry handguns like that around.

Oddly enough, it's like the one firearms thing in the show that makes sense. They're busting up an armored prison transport, using the AK's that magically have enormous demand in Northern California won't cut it.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Schiavona posted:

Oddly enough, it's like the one firearms thing in the show that makes sense. They're busting up an armored prison transport, using the AK's that magically have enormous demand in Northern California won't cut it.
Oh right I forgot about the Great War of Northern California.

kill your idols
Sep 11, 2003

by T. Finninho
I can't believe I'm really looking forward to next week's episode. The amount of pointless violence and buttrock is at an all time high.

Spoiler Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/zs2WqA0.jpg

As for a bro' break this season, the rest of the episode titles are out, with air-dates; no gap.

kill your idols fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Nov 15, 2013

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

I love the heavy firepower always shown off in this show that no criminal in the united states actually uses.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.

Sylink posted:

I love the heavy firepower always shown off in this show that no criminal in the united states actually uses.

Since when has the Italian mob ever used full-auto assault rifles?

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."

BrandonGK posted:

Since when has the Italian mob ever used full-auto assault rifles?

They don't. They're just surrogates for the Dixie Mafia's gun trade with a rogue sect of Tibetan extremist monks.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Introducing the Cartel as a buyer was the only thing that made the gun trade even slightly make sense, but then you remember that it's a loving cartel buying guns from the RIRA via a mid-size motorcycle club and then :yosbutt: *fart noises*

djf
Nov 5, 2007
FTH
Sometimes I consider Rat's backstory, in that he was probably a kid who didn't do too great at school, drank a lot and smoked a lot of dope, but really liked his bikes and working on them. He decides to try and patch into the local motorycycle club in order to meet people who share his passions only to find his best mate chopped into bits by the IRA and facing off against nearly every major crime syndicate of modern times.

kill your idols
Sep 11, 2003

by T. Finninho
The .gif with Clay looking out the transport car and than to the bro-walking jailbreak team makes me laugh every time.

"Oh gently caress, it's SAMBRO."

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
According to Lin's people the Cartel demand 'ground to a halt'. Good to hear the C.I.A. has conquered Mexico, finally.:ese:

kill your idols
Sep 11, 2003

by T. Finninho

Dead Snoopy posted:

According to Lin's people the Cartel demand 'ground to a halt'. Good to hear the C.I.A. has conquered Mexico, finally.:ese:

With all the talk about a SOA spinoff, I won't be surprised if Sutter bring's Watt back somehow.

Kurt just laying in bed thinking about why SONS isn't the next Breaking Bad. Bitch.

'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter talks prequel series set in the 60s

Who would play 'Dad-Bro', goons?

kill your idols fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 15, 2013

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

kill your idols posted:

Who would play 'Dad-Bro', goons?

The kid who played Draco Malfoy in Harry Potter.

Prediction: The Sons are forced by the Irish and the CIA to kill MLK in order to trigger rioting in all major US cities, creating decades of demand for imported assault rifles thereafter.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
That is the most awkward revolver cocking I've ever loving seen :cripes:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The officers being tipped off about a for sure break out attempt and still doing it is stupid even for this show

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Wait, how could it be post-Vietnam yet set in the 60s?

Finndo posted:

Prediction: The Sons are forced by the Irish and the CIA to kill MLK in order to trigger rioting in all major US cities, creating decades of demand for imported assault rifles thereafter.

SAMCRO's actually a COINTEL shadow organization sent to the Central Valley to perform surveillance on migrant farmers and subsequently goes rogue.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
The C.I.A. has SAMCRO mule dope into the inner city to help undermine the black revolutionary movement

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

SAMCRO assassinates the Kennedys as payback for their gang rape of Gemma.

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."
Bay of Pigs invasion? More like Bay of Crows inBROsion.

Devour
Dec 18, 2009

by angerbeet
So do we really believe that Clay is actually going to be a free man after next weeks episode? Something tells me he might get caught during the breakout or something. I just don't see Clay going with Galen after knowing he blew up the clubhouse, and of course Jax will never let him back into SAMCRO. Then again, I really don't want to watch him sit in jail anymore either.

JerksNeedLoveToo
Nov 12, 2006

Ghostpilot posted:

Y'know, the only investment I have in this Clay & the Irish storyline is how than plan on explaining how any of this is supposed to happen.

This absolutely a fantastic question. One would think that Clay's role as a salesman and distributor for the Real IRA's guns would require the ability to, say, move around the West Coast unhindered by perpetual warrants for his arrest. If every Podunk City cop has his face and name engraved into his mind as The Guy The IRA Sprung From Prison In A Daring Escape, moving guns around and showing them to prospective clients becomes pretty tough.

And for christsake's, look at Clay. He's played by Ron Pearlman. There is no one on Earth who's going to forget that face.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
If Happy dies, I'm done with this show.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

JerksNeedLoveToo posted:

This absolutely a fantastic question. One would think that Clay's role as a salesman and distributor for the Real IRA's guns would require the ability to, say, move around the West Coast unhindered by perpetual warrants for his arrest. If every Podunk City cop has his face and name engraved into his mind as The Guy The IRA Sprung From Prison In A Daring Escape, moving guns around and showing them to prospective clients becomes pretty tough.

You must have missed the part where the IRA stated that the plan was to take him Belfast where he would run the operation......

Yeah. I guess Californian gun running is easily done over Skype nowadays.

Clay is gonna die by sacrificing himself to save Jax and take down the IRA. Sutter clearly thinks of the guy as too much of a hero for anything else to be acceptable. 10/1 odds that in his dying breath he explains to Jax that he didn't kill his father after all and that woman who 'looked familiar' comes into play somehow.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

JerksNeedLoveToo posted:

And for christsake's, look at Clay. He's played by Ron Pearlman. There is no one on Earth who's going to forget that face.

I just want to know what's with the IRA's obsession with Clay. I'm not really seeing this great business acumen that they think he possesses. If anything his propensity for rushing into things and acting out of anger endangered the club and the gun business more than once.

BrandonGK fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Nov 16, 2013

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

BrandonGK posted:

I just want to know what's with the IRA's obsession with Clay. I'm not really seeing this great business acumen that they think he possesses. If he anything his propensity for rushing into things and acting out of anger endangered the club and the gun business more than once.

Pretty sure it's because they know him and worked with him for a long time. Besides, it's not like the IRA guys don't act rash all the time themselves.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I've said it before, but of all the nonsense in SoA, the actual gun running business is the worst if you actually look at it in any kind of detail.

I mean, straight away, the first thing that's wrong with it is the IRA (rather obviously) BOUGHT guns from America.....

Junkenstein fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Nov 16, 2013

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I want a spinoff show set 130 years into the future. There are not nearly enough space bikes on tv

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Golem II posted:

If Happy dies, I'm done with this show.

Shut your mouth before you jinx us all.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
When Galen told the boys they had no choice but to break Clay out, I was surprised they didn't just shoot him dead there and torch the place.

But plot armor I guess.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Zzulu posted:

I want a spinoff show set 130 years into the future. There are not nearly enough space bikes on tv

Just go back and watch Biker Mice From Mars it might even be better written than the last few seasons on Sons

kill your idols
Sep 11, 2003

by T. Finninho

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

When Galen told the boys they had no choice but to break Clay out, I was surprised they didn't just shoot him dead there and torch the place.

But plot armor I guess.

Galen needs to go down for guns for the DA to get promoted and out of Charming. Clay is getting out next week, but in Sutter fashion will somehow get stuck back with the club/Charming/Gemma/Jax story and survive Skynet becoming self-aware.

This show has everything it needs to be loving awesome, but the writing and production behind it is just lacking. We can troll Sutter all we want, but he really could make SOA an awesome show. I really hope the last season is epic and we can all patch-out with pride.

Galen is any awesome villain though. I wish he had more scene-time.

Oh, Thanks Kurt. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6glSNUetB8

kill your idols fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Nov 16, 2013

Modest Proportion
Dec 16, 2012

"Oh wrangling schools, that search what fire
Shall burn this world, had none the wit
Unto this knowledge to aspire,
That this her fever might be it?"

"Did you just smell me?"
"Aon Rud Persanta" is really bad gaelic. Like, if you told a red neck to use Bing to translate "Nothing Personal" into gaelic, he might do a bit better than that.

So then that got me thinking, why would Sutter go out of his way to gently caress the Irish language to come up with an episode title.

And then it hit me: "Aon Rud Persanta" is spelled the way it is because it looks like "A one percenter."

:downswords:

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Aon Rud Persanta

Anagrams for that:

A Underpants Oar
A Pardon Saunter
Narrated An Opus
Parade Arson Nut
Parade Anus Torn
Parade Rats Noun
Panda An Trouser
Adapts Rear Noun
Data Raper Nouns
Satan Rear Pound
Saran Raped Unto

kill your idols
Sep 11, 2003

by T. Finninho
Everyone ready for the most epic buttrock jailbreak in TV history tomorrow night, Bros?

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

kill your idols posted:

Everyone ready for the most epic buttrock jailbreak in TV history tomorrow night, Bros?

My god...even in a still frame you can just feel the browalk emanating outward.

kill your idols
Sep 11, 2003

by T. Finninho

KilGrey posted:

My god...even in a still frame you can just feel the browalk emanating outward.

I think this episode is the most anticipated of the season/series (at least for me.) If the whole breakout scene is a minute long with the rest of the showtime dedicated to Tara's stupid plot, I'm signing up for twitter just to cuntbomb Sutter.

Looking at the map, it seems the breakout plan is two steps. A: Bro-meet at viewpoint #1, B: Buttrock raid at viewpoint #2. No 'C', so I guess they are just gonna hang around for the cops after committing multiple felonies. DA Paterson is gonna be so pissed having to deal with this AND a school shooting. :cop:

kill your idols fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Nov 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devour
Dec 18, 2009

by angerbeet

kill your idols posted:

They already released a photo of Clay walking outside the busted armored car with the sons in ski masks. :rock:

• Locked thread