Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

echinopsis posted:

is premiere actually what people use

like the movie incpetion. was that done on premiere

i know bad robot switched recently.

premiere has been a viable movie finishing tool for the last 3 years.

anybody using fcp is either a youtuber or stuck in 2006

pagancow fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Nov 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
having worked in a place where people could use the nle of their choice, fcp is for literal retards post 2006

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Last Chance posted:

dont you fellas use green screens more often now

hehe

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Cubemario posted:

so guys is this how i handle a live show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqGhjqyFfrw

this is what happens when you pay your crew 12 an hour in LA

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

i could fill 40 posts about union guy jokes but tbf you cant get into the union unless another union member sees you doing your job the right way so i guess its a scrub weed out system.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

wheres the loving craft services??? i dont touch a goddamn camera untill i have my 1/2 evian + 1/2 red bull mixture.... FUCCCKKK get a pa to mix it for me.

*nails focus right at t\2.5 the rest of the day like a BAWWWSSS*

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

pagancow posted:

wheres the loving craft services??? i dont touch a goddamn camera untill i have my 1/2 evian + 1/2 red bull mixture.... FUCCCKKK get a pa to mix it for me.

*nails focus right at t\2.5 the rest of the day like a BAWWWSSS*

wait the camera monkey gets to be a prima donna?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

spankmeister posted:

i think 'craft services' is just what the camera dude calls the gas station before going to work

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

pagancow posted:

High end color grading softwares like Davinci Resolve, Speedgrade, and Scratch work this way.

OXFORD COMMA MOTHAFUCKA!!!

http://www.mediabistro.com/galleycat/oxford-comma-dropped-by-university-of-oxford_b33357

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

spankmeister posted:

no the camera monkey doesnt touch poo poo unless union breakfast is served (on union shoot)

also other things like triple time pay for each minute shoot goes over lunch break etc.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

pagancow posted:

i could fill 40 posts about union guy jokes but tbf you cant get into the union unless another union member sees you doing your job the right way so i guess its a scrub weed out system.

so union guys work non-union shoots to recruit new members?
or do they recruit new cameramen when they see the janitor doing a rly good job sweeping?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"have this last minute addition to our season researched, written, shot and edited in 14 days plz"

-umm u mean 10 days boss?

"lol @ ur weekends ;)"

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

so union guys work non-union shoots to recruit new members?
or do they recruit new cameramen when they see the janitor doing a rly good job sweeping?

there's a certain percentage of non union work allowed in certain jobs depending on production budget.

I was never union but I'm all post production outside LA soooo

couldn't pay me enough to live there.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

post the hardest encodes u got

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

and before you go all crazy about RGB24 output, Avisynth does a faster and better job going from RGB24 to YV12 than DebugMode Frameserver does

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
im the avi container

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

frameserver just makes an AVI file that is 300kb. its AVI because in windows everything can open up AVI.

inside it just looks like RGB24 uncomrpessed data. Frames are served up on demand from your Premiere Project.

It saves you having to make an uncompressed intermediary if you're going into x264.exe

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
im the low priority

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Quine Connoisseur posted:

im the avi container

dude do you even frameserve? :xd:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

spankmeister posted:

dude do you even frameserve? :xd:

realtalk i've used avisynth a few times but its pretty spergy since i don't usually chain effects or add grain to poo poo and can use ffmpeg to do mostly everything encoding related

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Avisynth has some of the best static dithering for your grainless gradients you're encoding for YouTube

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i frameserve only the finest mjpegs

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
avi is the container I use when I have no idea what container to use

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

avi is the container I use when I have no idea what container to use

thats an honest way of doing things

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i remux everything to mkv regardless of source or desination

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

if i coded a C program that outputted a valid h.254 file is that illegal?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Socracheese posted:

if i coded a C program that outputted a valid h.254 file is that illegal?

i think it depends in what you do with it

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

as long as you dont compile or distribute binaries

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

if you're going to get an iPad Mini with Retina Display you're going to be in a world of loving hurt

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7519/apple-ipad-mini-with-retina-display-reviewed/3

ALL DEM MISSED COLORS

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

lol you guys wanted a retina display on the ipad mini bad so you got it bad

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

GUYS WE WANT THE MOST DENSE PIXEL DISPLAY POSSIBLE ON THIS CHEAPO TABLET AND OH NO MY COLORS

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

rofl, some apple appologists will bel ike "this would have never happened under stebe" but the real fault is u

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

guys we cant hit a standard created in 1996 beuause U WANTED THE FRICKIN PIXELS SO drat SMALL

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

does the ipad mini still ship with sandpaper? now its going to get more expensive now that it will have to ship with 3d glasses to add more color

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

lol at any photographer who is all over the "retina mini" becuase his little girly hands can hold it better and his dumb eyes can see less colors

from a standard

made in 1996

when we didn't have many colors

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

i bet they are working on f.lux for ipad right now that has a browser, a calculator, and a mapping program that is all color managed in the one siloed app based off the TOD and position of the sun to make the colors look better because they're selling you basically a TN panel

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

GUYS WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO SHIP GAMING MODE ON THE iPAD MINI SO I CAN GET BRIGHER MORE PUNCHIER CONTRAST????

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

r u ready to have to do this ?

lol

they will need to add color management to iOS 8 and then shits going to be really fuked then

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

today, i can no longer just assume poo poo's going to look right on an iPad

cool thanks for shipping the TN panel timb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
y would you try to color manage a tablet. its not like ur gonna use it for creating poo poo

• Locked thread