Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I lost it at Liefeld Cap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
I've been told I need to be reading Transformers, now I see why.

Source: Transformers More Than Meets The Eye #22

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Astonishing X-Men #35.

This made me laugh aloud. The issue was spectacularly dark up to this point so it was completely unexpected.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Nov 16, 2013

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

That almost sounds like a proposed sequel to "Hobo With a Shotgun".

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

E the Shaggy posted:

I've been told I need to be reading Transformers, now I see why.

Source: Transformers More Than Meets The Eye #22

The speech? Is that something we're supposed to know..?

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Plutonis posted:

Marvel's NOW! What?

The Resistance Therapy just kills me. Wonder if they'd include Spock or Alpha if Slott wasn't still working there.

There's a Watcher in the "27 Hours Later" panel who's reading something from the Nu 52!

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

WickedHate posted:

Astonishing X-Men #35.

This made me laugh aloud. The issue was spectacularly dark up to this point so it was completely unexpected.

In a world of Mystiques I think the X-men should just immediately be punching everyone in the face constantly.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
To be fair, I'm totally siding with Wolverine on this one.

...as long as the old man is still alive after that. :ohdear:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Chinaman7000 posted:

In a world of Mystiques I think the X-men should just immediately be punching everyone in the face constantly.

Mystique would be clever and make her face kind of implode inwards a little so people only think they punched her.

Choco1980 posted:

...as long as the old man is still alive after that. :ohdear:

They say they're going to take him in and stuff afterwards, but they never actually check him before the issue ends and he's not been mentioned since, so I can only assume that the crippled sixty year old didn't survive the adamantium coated knuckles.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Choco1980 posted:

That guy was pretty old but not nearly as old as Wolverine so it was a totally fair fight.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That guy was pretty old but not nearly as old as Wolverine so it was a totally fair fight.
Yeah, He is anywhere between 170 and 200(+?) years old at this point. He fought in the drat Civil War.
Or was all that retconned?

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Johnny Aztec posted:

Yeah, He is anywhere between 170 and 200(+?) years old at this point. He fought in the drat Civil War.
Well, Civil War was only six years ago :v:

The Origin mini-series pegged his birth to "late 19th century" so no American civil war, sorry! That's probably Weapon X programming shenanigans. He's still pushing a respectable 125 at the very least.

Horseface
Jun 29, 2003

Please put your hands together for Homosexuals the Gorilla!
You would, Clint.

(Avengers 133)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

"Did that sound better in your head before thou said it?"

vv It's fine for me on my laptop.

IUG fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Nov 16, 2013

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Horseface posted:

You would, Clint.

(Avengers 133)

That is just a thumbnail to me. Can you link the full image?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Horseface posted:

You would, Clint.

(Avengers 133)

Matt Fraction probably time-travelled to write that quip.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Or is it Sputnik posted:

Well, Civil War was only six years ago :v:

The Origin mini-series pegged his birth to "late 19th century" so no American civil war, sorry! That's probably Weapon X programming shenanigans. He's still pushing a respectable 125 at the very least.

Why would a Canadian fight in an American war anyhow?

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Why would a Canadian fight in an American war anyhow?

I'm not sure if you're joking, but Canadians did serve in the American Civil War.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_in_the_American_Civil_War#Canadians_in_the_U.S._Army

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
The FF are hiding out from Doom in Uatu's house.

And a "daww" moment to round out the issue.

There's also a great bit with Red Ghost getting beaten off fought back by the FF as he tries to take Uatu's house, but then I'd have half the issue put up here.

FF #13

Edit: vvvv haha, oops. Pretty ironic that I was watching Archer while making this post, too. vvvv

Uthor fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Nov 17, 2013

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Uthor posted:

There's also a great bit with Red Ghost getting beaten off by the FF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sJRkj9DP9Y

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I know Doctor Doom is the 2nd greatest genius of all time and everything, but I really doubt he's going to figure out that the FF are hiding from him after staging a comical house invasion of Uatu the Watcher.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Johnny Aztec posted:

I think he only fought in the Civil War in the terribad Wolverine Origins movie.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Indeed - 1880s/90s I think is the usual estimate.

And he only fought in the american civil war in that in a brief flashback, so I'm assuming the filmmakers didn't actually think about the implications, they just wanted a set of images that would point to specific and old timeframes to say ;hey this guy's old'.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I know She-Hulk is occasionally on FF's replacement bench, but since when was Ant Man?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Who What Now posted:

I know She-Hulk is occasionally on FF's replacement bench, but since when was Ant Man?

Ant Man, She Hulk, Medusa, and one of Johnny's girlfriends with a Thing suit are subbing while the normal team are on a space/time vacation in the normal book. FF(just the initials) covers the replacement team.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Who What Now posted:

Scott Lang was actually a regular cast member, if not a team member, in FF for some time; he and Cassie lived in the building and everything.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Since the current FF no.1

FF in this case is not an abbreviation. It is not to be confused with the Fantastic Four, Future Foundation or other Reed Richards-financed enterprise.

Basically, the Four were heading out of the universe for what was supposed to be four minutes, but they appointed replacements just in case.

Reed asks/tricks Ant Man into being his one, The Thing asks She-Hulk, since she's done it before, Sue selects Medusa and Johnnie...

It's very much worth reading, and shows up in this thread, and others fairly regularly.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Man I can't wait for his issue of Deadpool

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
So what was Lang actually threatening Uatu with? The dialogue made it like they were trying to correct him.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

An ultimate nullifier kills the user and pretty much the whole universe

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

So what was Lang actually threatening Uatu with? The dialogue made it like they were trying to correct him.

I don't think it's anything. Or just a replica. Rereading it, I think Lang is just saying it's the Ultimate Nullifier so that Uatu has plausible deniability and just keeps repeating it until Uatu "gets it".

Jerusalem posted:

I know Doctor Doom is the 2nd greatest genius of all time and everything, but I really doubt he's going to figure out that the FF are hiding from him after staging a comical house invasion of Uatu the Watcher.

Doom has questions, but Doom does not have answers. Yet.

FF 13

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
You'd think Doom would figure out it's possible to be less of a dick and still be effective.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mycroft Holmes posted:

You'd think Doom would figure out it's possible to be less of a dick and still be effective.

Then he wouldn't be Doom.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
You seem to be under the misconception that Doom would ever want to be less of a dick.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Politeness is for lesser men.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Opopanax posted:

An ultimate nullifier kills the user and pretty much the whole universe

Isn't it "the" ultimate nullifier? And it's an especially great thing to threaten Uatu with, since he gave it to the FF the first time they had to make Galactus go away.

(Yes, Galactus used to wear short sleeves.)

Edit: source is Fantastic Four, volume 1, #50.

prefect fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Nov 17, 2013

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My understanding of the Ultimate Nullifier is that it can destroy anything but it will almost certainly kill the user as well. Which is why they don't just bust it out at every threat.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Mycroft Holmes posted:

What? Like a peasant?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Fool! Doctor Doom does as he pleases!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

prefect posted:

Isn't it "the" ultimate nullifier? And it's an especially great thing to threaten Uatu with, since he gave it to the FF the first time they had to make Galactus go away.

(Yes, Galactus used to wear short sleeves.)
Yes, it is.
In his Watchery-defense, he didn't so much give it to them as provide the knowledge of it and the means to steal it from Galactus.

(Short-sleeved Galactus is barely even noticeable compared to pantless-Juggernaut)

• Locked thread