Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

PoshAlligator posted:

I just find it refreshing to watch a show where everyone isn't using Apple products constantly.

you'd :dong: for Hawaii 5-0 then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

dreffen posted:

I made a dumb thing. Glad I wasn't alone though!

Love this.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

dreffen posted:

I made a dumb thing. Glad I wasn't alone though!

Arrow'd!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

The TV IV > Arrow Season 2: My Driver Has H.I.V...E.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Warmachine posted:

The TV IV > Arrow Season 2: My Driver Has H.I.V...E.

Welcome to the World of H.I.V.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Stephen Amell just posted this to his Facebook.

This is really cool of them.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Man, the Arrow cast is first class. Top notch. :unsmith:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Did they post about the kid before? All the commentators seem to know what it was for, but I don't see anything else.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

I love this. The SFBatKid has been making me misty eyed all day. :3:

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Aphrodite posted:

Did they post about the kid before? All the commentators seem to know what it was for, but I don't see anything else.

City of San Francisco put on this big thing for a Make a Wish kid that had him acting as Batman to save the city from an evildoer. It was pretty awesome.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Aside from casting ridiculously good looking people in shows, the CW also seems to have a knack for finding people who are hilarious, gigantic dorks that are amazing to their fans.

Say what you will about Supernatural, but Misha Collins is an awesome dude, and I think Stephen Amell is just continuing that fine tradition.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
SFBatKid was basically the greatest, most adorable thing ever.

http://imgur.com/a/DfGAx

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This is so awesome.

Tooter
Nov 12, 2003

Habibi posted:

City of San Francisco put on this big thing for a Make a Wish kid that had him acting as Batman to save the city from an evildoer. It was pretty awesome.

It was 3 evil doers. It took most of the day and was amazing. I love this show, I love the cast, I want to be an Amell
http://www.slashgear.com/sfbatkid-takes-over-san-francisco-with-make-a-wish-foundation-15305625/

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Tooter posted:

It was 3 evil doers. It took most of the day and was amazing. I love this show, I love the cast, I want to be an Amell
http://www.slashgear.com/sfbatkid-takes-over-san-francisco-with-make-a-wish-foundation-15305625/

Yeah, and they transformed SF into Gotham - I was just trying to summarize. :)

I would have totally made the drive up there (like 45 minutes) if I wasn't home with both kids.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I was in the crowd and it was loving nuts. Everybody was having a terrific time.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
I went to look into volunteer opportunities with make-a-wish which I have done before and the site was basically down. They had a placeholder with a donate button and a thank you to everyone that made the day so special.

Great to have the little video and others.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

VDay posted:

SFBatKid was basically the greatest, most adorable thing ever.

http://imgur.com/a/DfGAx

Tooter posted:

The fact that they used the costumes from the Adam West series makes it even better (even if it was perhaps because of copyright issues).

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

I only just found out about this show and binged through it. Its really rather strange how fast the plot moves compared to drat near every other show. I expected the notebook and the undertaking to be like 5 seasons of plot. Its seriously like watching some other show in fast forward.

With Felicity/Oliver I was disappointed she didn't move the pullup bars in his office when he made her be his secretary. I know I'd mind sitting in an office all day a lot less if there was a shirtless Stephen Amell to ogle.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Love the cast decided to just do this for the heck of it. It's awesome. Very few times do shows get a cast that is awesome like that. Someone pointed it out from somewhere I can't remember though, but is Katie Cassidy one of the few cast members that just has never been in a candid photo with the rest of the cast or anything? I swear I have seen nearly every combination of Amell + some other cast member instagram filter selfie but not her.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Sober posted:

Love the cast decided to just do this for the heck of it. It's awesome. Very few times do shows get a cast that is awesome like that. Someone pointed it out from somewhere I can't remember though, but is Katie Cassidy one of the few cast members that just has never been in a candid photo with the rest of the cast or anything? I swear I have seen nearly every combination of Amell + some other cast member instagram filter selfie but not her.

Just another reason Laurel is the worst.

~edit~ to actually add content to this post, how long will Sara's backstory last? I assumed she would be done since she's leaving the city, but she still seems like a pretty key part of the ship plot.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Merlinicus posted:

~edit~ to actually add content to this post, how long will Sara's backstory last? I assumed she would be done since she's leaving the city, but she still seems like a pretty key part of the ship plot.

Seems like she could remain a recurring storyline even into next season, depending on how they handle the League of Assassins.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Habibi posted:

Seems like she could remain a recurring storyline even into next season, depending on how they handle the League of Assassins.

I think she'll be "killed" off pretty soon from the boat, and I'm not sure how they'd handle the League of Assassins backstory if she isn't part of the present-day story anymore, since no characters in present-day would be part of that, presumably.

I guess she has to come back at some point and die or something, so that Laurel takes over though. So maybe there will be some League of Assassins stuff at that point.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Merlinicus posted:

To be fair, I imagine it's not fun to be an actor and essentially have fan reaction push you out of the of the primary love interest role to be replaced with someone who was supposed to be a one off character (i.e. Felicity). One would imagine it would be hard to be really excited about a show when so many fans despise your role in it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shakugan posted:

To be fair, I imagine it's not fun to be an actor and essentially have fan reaction push you out of the of the primary love interest role to be replaced with someone who was supposed to be a one off character (i.e. Felicity). One would imagine it would be hard to be really excited about a show when so many fans despise your role in it.

Especially when that's pretty much exactly what happened to her on Supernatural.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She doesn't seem to film with the rest of the cast very often either.

Has she ever met Dig?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Aphrodite posted:

She doesn't seem to film with the rest of the cast very often either.

Has she ever met Dig?

I'm re-watching 1 x 02 on Netflix. China White and a few henchmen try to assassinate Laurel at her apartment while Oliver's there and Diggle intercepts. So I don't remember if they've ever directly interacted on camera but they've had scenes together.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Amell posted this on his Facebook page

http://youtu.be/RH_UHixHqkI

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Dead Snoopy posted:

Amell posted this on his Facebook page

http://youtu.be/RH_UHixHqkI

Hahaha "Olicity is Pain".

It was beautiful, that last minute of ranting.

edit: Them getting together story-wise would be such a bad idea. She would always play second fiddle in the relationship and I'd think she'd lose some of her potential developing identity.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Nov 17, 2013

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I actually have nothing against the idea of pairing the two of them off because I'd like to see it push Laurel over the edge. :shepicide:

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Dead Snoopy posted:

I actually have nothing against the idea of pairing the two of them off because I'd like to see it push Laurel over the edge. :shepicide:

At least it would be for a good cause. I am so sick of Laurel.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Looks like you guys are the only ones.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Rarity posted:

Looks like you guys are the only ones.

That screencap wouldn't be the first or last time that the internet was profoundly wrong.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
so they're watching the show for almost everyone but the lead?
crzy

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Dead Snoopy posted:

so they're watching the show for almost everyone but the lead?
crzy

If I'm reading that correctly, lower is better, making Ollie the third most popular character. It's also completely wrong in a few major ways (for example, Diggle being unpopular is outrageous.)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Lower numbers are better.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's probably overall, not just the show.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

King of Solomon posted:

If I'm reading that correctly, lower is better, making Ollie the third most popular character. It's also completely wrong in a few major ways (for example, Diggle being unpopular is outrageous.)

It also seems to be actors, not characters, and as such it really shouldn't be a surprise that the purported female lead is the most popular 'actor' (quotes not nearly large enough).

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
How the making GBS threads poo poo is Diggle so unpopular? And Goddamn them for disregarding Quentin LAnce like that.

Oh, it's overall 'actor popularity' throughout IMDB, not a showing specifically for the characters in Arrow. That's a misleading little chart.

Also, who the heck is Lyla Michaels?

VVV - the one they rescued from the Gulag? Huh.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Nov 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Habibi posted:

It also seems to be actors, not characters, and as such it really shouldn't be a surprise that the purported female lead is the most popular 'actor' (quotes not nearly large enough).

Ah, yeah, you're right. Hm. That means it's probably not the best indication of actual popularity within the show (as obvious as that is for other reasons.)

Drifter posted:

Also, who the heck is Lyla Michaels?

Diggle's ex.

• Locked thread