Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VoodooSchmoodoo
Sep 15, 2007

What's that there, then? Oh.

But... you want to keep him as he's sooo silky and has a fluffy tail?

More kitty news - a lady my local dog groomer/pet shop knows has just lost her last kitty and is heartbroken. She wants a new cat (or two or three) and has always had them. I automatically bumped her up my list because she's always had cats and obviously loves them. She was crying in the pet shop when she went to donate her departed kitty's food. I want to make her happy with more pussingtons.

I feel like a kitten pimp, "You want kitten? I got the cute poo poo, man. All soft and playful." At this point it looks like I'm going to run out of kittens to give people. I hope it all works out and all the babies get nice new homes.

Edit: one thing I don't think I mentioned before: I've also been feeding three older kittens of Dani's and have been trying to catch them for a while. I just succeeded in getting one in the other night. They've got a bit bolder now they know that mum is in my house. If I manage to catch the last two, I'll have at least 7 cats up for rehoming. The first one I've caught is a female called Tiger.

VoodooSchmoodoo fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Nov 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zandorv
Nov 22, 2011

My male cat, Lupin, is too stinking smart (and is also a fatty fatty pants). He figured out how to get into a pizza box within a minute of being introduced to it, and keeps getting into food he's not supposed to. Last night he got into the garbage can and ate more pizza (he likes pizza) while I was asleep. Tonks is much more-well behaved, but is super duper picky. The only thing I can get her to eat is Meow Mix, and she barely eats any of that. I've tried putting tuna juice on top of it and even offering her some of the actual tuna, and she didn't even seem interested with the tuna. This is starting to worry me because she was just spayed and I'm finding it really difficult to figure out if she's eating or not. Immediately after coming home (as soon as the drugs wore off enough that she could eat without falling face first into the dish) she ate more than I'd seen her eat to date, but after that I've see one, two bites maximum. She's clearly underweight (not starving, but she has a noticeable tuck on her abdomen), but I have yet to figure out what she likes to eat. I'm not sure if I should contact the vet or not because this isn't abnormal lack of appetite after the surgery, but I have no idea how much she's eating. Lupin, being a fatty fatty pants, is eating a lot of food, so even though there's good gone from the bowl when I get home, I can't tell how much was Lupin and how much was Tonks.

Also, this should be fixed now because Lupin's being neutered today, but I think he'd been trying to initiate mating rituals with the other cats (both spayed females). He kept approaching them slowly, with his head cocked to the side, and tail kind of wagging (not twitching like he was annoyed, wagging), and do this long, low meow type noise. It didn't sound quite like an aggressive growl, and he didn't act like he was looking to fight, but it was weird. After being emphatically spurned by my roommate's cat (who hisses and runs from everything), he immediately started doing the same thing to Tonks. Does this sound like mating behavior, and will it stop now that I'm getting him neutered?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Dienes posted:

I used the POD to get around this. Load everything into a giant locked box. Company drives it away to the new place. Fly up with cats, meet driver with stuff at new place.

Fair enough and good on you - my last big move was all me. Cost over $2000, company paid gently caress all, went as well as it could have (not cats then) and it was still horrid.

Tamarillo posted:

...and then they spend up to half an hour conked out like this

You have lovely cats and a beautiful hardwood floor. I envy you... for the floor, mostly. I have 2 lovely cats, at least.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

Official Bizness posted:

So while driving down our street, twenty yards from our house I see a freshly-struck cat lying in the middle of the road. I pulled over to make sure it was dead (absolutely, poor thing) and noticed that another cat was licking the dead cat's rear end (what?) and refusing to leave its side even as traffic moved around him and his deceased buddy. I called my roommate to ask her to bring down a garbage bag so we could move the dead cat off the road and hopefully keep its living friend from meeting the same flat fate.

Except we're idiots.

Roommate and I spent the evening assuring each other that we're taking him to the shelter in the morning.

You're an awesome person for doing that, and also your couch has exactly the same fabric and pattern as mine. That pattern is great because it hides scratches and shed fur really well. What I'm basically saying is congratulations on your new cat.

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

Zandorv posted:

She's clearly underweight (not starving, but she has a noticeable tuck on her abdomen)

Ideal weight still has an abdominal tuck. If her ribs and spine aren't visible or jutting out I wouldn't worry too much.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
Since my cat had urinary problems and the vet suggested I feed him the Hill’s Prescription Diet c/d stuff, I’ve run out of the 4lb bag and need to order more. I have no idea how long I"m supposed to feed him this stuff but he likes to eat it so I'll just continue.

Where’s the cheapest place to buy this stuff? Petsmart seems to have the best deals. My vet charged $18 for the 4lb bag and Petsmart has 8.5/17.6lbs for $36/60.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12947858&lmdn=Brand&f=PAD%2FpsNotAvailInUS%2FNo

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
Hey you guys. I'm sorry to keep bothering you all with my pets, you have all been great with the advice lately, but I'm having more problems with Pizza. It's been a little less than a month since his urinary issues, and he has been great up until today. I noticed this afternoon he smells a lot like his litter box, as if he been camping out there. Sure enough, when I went to clean the box, he beat me there and strained for about 10 minutes but nothing was produced. He's going back to the vet tomorrow, but I'm sort of at a loss of what to do. I got him a fountain, I know he drinks, I mix his food with water every morning and evening, he never gets anything but his prescription food, and I'm just worried sick. He won't touch wet food. I guess I don't know what my question is, I'm just so worried. What can we do from here if this doesn't stop?

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

VoodooSchmoodoo posted:

Edit: one thing I don't think I mentioned before: I've also been feeding three older kittens of Dani's and have been trying to catch them for a while. I just succeeded in getting one in the other night. They've got a bit bolder now they know that mum is in my house. If I manage to catch the last two, I'll have at least 7 cats up for rehoming. The first one I've caught is a female called Tiger.

Oh ho, you really want to get those caught. You have a colony starting there and by the sounds of it it's about to explode. Cats breed very fast in those sorts of situations and you could be up to your armpits in inbred sick hungry ferals soon.

Official Bizness posted:

Roommate and I spent the evening assuring each other that we're taking him to the shelter in the morning.

Looking at his coat in that picture he's not a stray. The fur looks very sleek so you might want to take pictures and put up posters? Especially if it's been neutered (which would again indicate a pet).

Braki
Aug 9, 2006

Happy birthday!

Nascardad posted:

She has been eating a lot and also drinking. She is also playful.

Look up videos of coughing cats in YouTube. Does it look similar?

Zandorv
Nov 22, 2011

This is what's been happening with my cats the past couple of days. I have no idea what's going on. The orange one is about 10 months old, male, neutered today, and the tortie is female, 1-2 years, spayed Monday. Normally they get along just fine, but in the past day or two this has started happening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=c4-feed-u&v=g5VkK3ISFns

I haven't seen them start fighting or anything yet- normally my male just walks up to the female and starts doing that, and he keeps on for about a minute and a half then gives up and walks away. I thought cats normally didn't meow at other cats like that. What's going on here?

four lean hounds
Feb 16, 2012

Zandorv posted:

This is what's been happening with my cats the past couple of days. I have no idea what's going on. The orange one is about 10 months old, male, neutered today, and the tortie is female, 1-2 years, spayed Monday. Normally they get along just fine, but in the past day or two this has started happening:

I haven't seen them start fighting or anything yet- normally my male just walks up to the female and starts doing that, and he keeps on for about a minute and a half then gives up and walks away. I thought cats normally didn't meow at other cats like that. What's going on here?

To my very novice eye the body language looks fine. The ears aren't pinned back and they're doing what I call "serious tail" which is what my cats do during play fights. Maybe since the tortie just got back from the vet she still smells all "weird" and the orange cat doesn't quite know what to make of her yet.

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009

Zandorv posted:

Bahaha look at that pooftail and general whiny bitchery.

They're okay. Like four lean hounds said, it's probably the vet and the resulting "you don't smell right, I don't recognise you as the normal cat I know and tolerate, why are you in MY house". It'll pass shortly, they just need to start smelilng like home again.

Also that god awful noise is not a normal meow - that's a pre-fight yowling stream of bitchy invective i.e. "I'm a big bad cat, don't mess with me (please don't touch me)". Hugo does this when he and Decoy are sizing each other up for a slightly more serious scuffle, and when he encounters random mogs - he gets right up in their face and goes WAAAWAAAWAAAWAAAWAAAAAAA.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Hello cat thread. Here are some of our recent additions my hospital's foster/abandoned at clinic/stray-turned-not-stray kittens!

First up, she was abandoned in a box on the clinic doorstep. Hint: she is loud.
http://youtu.be/p1OUk1VC3Yg
http://youtu.be/h5nUaOkpy6E

Second is a crazy tortie tabby thing who we're treating for ringworm :(
http://youtu.be/7Z1xxrDGBSo

Third is a cute fuzzy black kitten with a small white patch on his chest. We were worried about him for a bit, he was small and skinny when he showed up and acted sickly, but he soon perked up.
http://youtu.be/8AdQc5hB2us

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
So Monday is my birthday, but I celebrated today with my friends. One of them got me a cat as a present. He's between 4 and 5 years old and an indoor fellow. I love cats and growing up my family had 12 (at different times). I've seen a cat have to get used to a new house. My question is, is there any way I can make it easier for him that I may not know? I don't have anything from his former life.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

cheerfullydrab posted:

So Monday is my birthday, but I celebrated today with my friends. One of them got me a cat as a present. He's between 4 and 5 years old and an indoor fellow. I love cats and growing up my family had 12 (at different times). I've seen a cat have to get used to a new house. My question is, is there any way I can make it easier for him that I may not know? I don't have anything from his former life.

Your family had 12 cats? Holy poo poo.

When you first get a cat to a new house, you want to start small and keep him in one room until he's comfortable then move onto two rooms, etc.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The most we ever had at one time was 3, except for the time one of our cats had 6 kittens. The 6 kittens really pads the number out.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Is it weird that one of my cats only likes to play with mouse shaped toys and the other only likes to play with toys that make crinkly sounds? Including balled up paper, receipts, and candy wrappers.

1up
Jan 4, 2005

5-up

HelloSailorSign posted:

Hello cat thread. Here are some of our recent additions my hospital's foster/abandoned at clinic/stray-turned-not-stray kittens!

First up, she was abandoned in a box on the clinic doorstep. Hint: she is loud.
http://youtu.be/p1OUk1VC3Yg
http://youtu.be/h5nUaOkpy6E

I played the loud kitten videos while my cats were asleep next to me and now they're patrolling the house to find the intruder. :catstare:

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

1up posted:

I played the loud kitten videos while my cats were asleep next to me and now they're patrolling the house to find the intruder. :catstare:

Yah, of our two girl cats, one sits wherever she is and spins her head around with her ears going every which way, while the other's pupils dilate and she slowly stalks up to where I'm sitting. Sometimes she then goes over and starts hitting head spinner, apparently blaming her for the source of the noise.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Has anyone had a cat just seemingly forget how to do something really simple all of a sudden? I keep our younger cat confined to a room overnight which she's always been cool with because it's the room she stayed in as a new kitten and it's her lair and she's a bit of an anxious creature who likes being in a nice safe space overnight. In the room, amongst some other furniture, there's a desk next to the window and a bed next to the desk. She likes lying on the desk to sleep, but for the past few days when I've gone to let her out in the morning she's been acting like she's forgotten how to get down from it. She just stands on it and cries at me and occasionally peers down from it until eventually she very gingerly steps down onto the bed, at which point the spell is apparently broken and she bounces out of the room perfectly normally.

My first thought was that something was sore, but she's perfectly happy and healthy otherwise and runs around and jumps up and down every other thing in the house with no signs of reluctance whatsoever. She's about a year old and I've had her for about 9 months so it's not like she hasn't spent months jumping down from this desk without any problems. In fact it's not even a very high desk and she'd be perfectly capable of jumping straight from it to the ground if she chose to. Could something have spooked her or is she just being particularly stupid? And should I like take her and put her on the desk a few times to show her nothing bad will happen if she jumps down?

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
So my new kitten loves to cover her food.

When we had her food bowl on the wood floor downstairs she used to scrape around it trying to cover it (similar to kitty litter).

We have moved it upstairs on carpet and now she picks up sheets of paper, socks or anything else really and puts it on top of her bowl when she has finished eating.

It is super cute and super weird.

Does anyone else's cat do this?

snowdoge
Jul 2, 2009

EvilElmo posted:

So my new kitten loves to cover her food.

When we had her food bowl on the wood floor downstairs she used to scrape around it trying to cover it (similar to kitty litter).

We have moved it upstairs on carpet and now she picks up sheets of paper, socks or anything else really and puts it on top of her bowl when she has finished eating.

It is super cute and super weird.

Does anyone else's cat do this?

My cat does this. Sometimes he will flip the food bowl, water bowl, and placemat over entirely. I think cats do this instinctually to cover their scent to keep predators at bay. It's super cute, super weird, and super messy (for me, sometimes).

Blinks
May 9, 2004
Just cos a rape kit came up positive, that doesn't mean she was raped!

Mongoloid Joe posted:

My cat does this. Sometimes he will flip the food bowl, water bowl, and placemat over entirely. I think cats do this instinctually to cover their scent to keep predators at bay. It's super cute, super weird, and super messy (for me, sometimes).

I always thought this meant that the cat didn't like it's food. I have changed brands about 6 times now and now we are back to the first brand we were on, it always seems to happen when the cats get bored of the same food after a while.

Thats just my guys though and they are a bit, err, special.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Blinks posted:

I always thought this meant that the cat didn't like it's food. I have changed brands about 6 times now and now we are back to the first brand we were on, it always seems to happen when the cats get bored of the same food after a while.

Thats just my guys though and they are a bit, err, special.

If cats don't like food they just won't eat it. As far as I'm aware it does have to do with not wanting to leave food in the open so that bigger predators can find it etc.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Blinks posted:

Mine will refuse to eat the pouches from one box but if offered the same flavour, same brand, same type from a different box they happily eat it. I think the batches are sometimes slightly different or some boxes were stored differently. I found 8 or 9 types they will eat and cycle them through it all. It seems to cut down on wastage but sometimes they simply will not eat the contents of a box.

Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

There was a POST here. It's gone now.
Indy used to like to drag my kitchen mat halfway across the floor to cover up her food bowl. I got sick of fixing the mat every day, so I put a small hand towel on the floor near her bowl and now she carefully covers her bowl with the towel. :3: Sometimes she gets lazy and just scratches at the floor without actually "burying" her food at all.

four lean hounds
Feb 16, 2012

Organza Quiz posted:

Has anyone had a cat just seemingly forget how to do something really simple all of a sudden? I keep our younger cat confined to a room overnight which she's always been cool with because it's the room she stayed in as a new kitten and it's her lair and she's a bit of an anxious creature who likes being in a nice safe space overnight. In the room, amongst some other furniture, there's a desk next to the window and a bed next to the desk. She likes lying on the desk to sleep, but for the past few days when I've gone to let her out in the morning she's been acting like she's forgotten how to get down from it. She just stands on it and cries at me and occasionally peers down from it until eventually she very gingerly steps down onto the bed, at which point the spell is apparently broken and she bounces out of the room perfectly normally.

My first thought was that something was sore, but she's perfectly happy and healthy otherwise and runs around and jumps up and down every other thing in the house with no signs of reluctance whatsoever. She's about a year old and I've had her for about 9 months so it's not like she hasn't spent months jumping down from this desk without any problems. In fact it's not even a very high desk and she'd be perfectly capable of jumping straight from it to the ground if she chose to. Could something have spooked her or is she just being particularly stupid? And should I like take her and put her on the desk a few times to show her nothing bad will happen if she jumps down?

She's finally training you for your role as her servant. Soon you will be expected to escort her from surface to surface as she pleases.

Maybe one day she slipped and fell off, so now she's a little wary? I wouldn't be too worried about it if she doesn't seem injured. If you want you can try training her an "off" command where she gets rewarded for hopping down. That could be useful for getting her off the counters in the future.

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.
Does anyone know if raw chicken hearts are safe for a cat with FIV?

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS
I would not feed raw meat to a cat with FIV.

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.
That's what I figured. Would they be fine cooked thoroughly?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
So my wife's ex-cat (now her parents') has not been eating regularly for the last month. We were all convinced it was his teeth (which looked like they were getting bad) and given that his owners live in poverty on a fixed income going to the vet was out of the question for them and they didn't want us to pick up the bill. Switching to wet food seemed to help for a while, but last week he stopped eating altogether and just switched to drinking shitloads of water. The in-laws finally broke and had us take the cat to the vet (now at the worst possible time financially) and we were prepared for the worst, because he was seriously just a bag of cat skin and cat bones who could hardly stand and manage a shaky meow.

The vet ruled out infectious disease and probably organ failure, but his blood sugar was at a whopping 480 so diabetes is the most likely culprit. They are going to do a urinalysis today to be sure, but we're all gearing up for diabetes at this point. We've been feeding him a grain free food and he seems to be bouncing back but I imagine he is gonna need some insulin soon. We have discussed human insulin (not ideal, I know) with the vet as my father in law is already diabetic and probably can't afford to buy medicine for the cat and are still waiting on dosage instructions, but I am pretty hopeful for the cat's future as long as we can get a dosage with the insulin that is going to work for both the cat and my in-laws.

Does anyone have experience with cats and diabetes? I've read the wikipedia article and everything, but how do we provide the cat with the best quality of life at a minimum of expense? I know that's kind of a lovely way to look at things, but nobody in the immediate family has any wiggle room for this. How hard is testing a cat's sugar? We tried using the standard testing unit for a person but we couldn't get a blood sample and didn't want to poke him over and over again.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
How do I teach two 11 week old kittens that live inside to stay in my yard when they're allowed outside? They love going outside to play, but in the last week they've gotten braver and are exploring beyond where I'm comfortable with them being unsupervised

Sorry if this has been discussed, but there's a lot of cat poo poo to sift through (heh) in this thread

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Oberst posted:

How do I teach two 11 week old kittens that live inside to stay in my yard when they're allowed outside? They love going outside to play, but in the last week they've gotten braver and are exploring beyond where I'm comfortable with them being unsupervised

Sorry if this has been discussed, but there's a lot of cat poo poo to sift through (heh) in this thread

Cats are roamers. They do not understand human property lines. They will go wherever they want, whenever they want. The only ways to stop them are to either put them on a leash or keep them indoors.

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

The thing is that it's really uncommon for a diabetic animal to not want to eat. That's the only sign you mentioned that doesn't fit with diabetes alone. So the cat probably has a concurrent illness along with the diabetes which can really complicate things.

As far as the insulin type goes, it depends on what type of human insulin. Actually there are only a few that are vet only. The issue with the type of insulin is that in general cats tend to metabolize insulin differently than us, so it does not last nearly as long in them as it does in us. Diabetes is a condition that takes awhile to regulate properly in the best case scenario in animals so it is going to take some time and experimenting and unfortunately, that means money too.

Spot glucose checks are going to be pretty useless in cats. You really need to be working with a veterinarian on this, unfortunately.

Topoisomerase fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Nov 18, 2013

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Topoisomerase posted:

The thing is that it's really uncommon for a diabetic animal to not want to eat. That's the only sign you mentioned that doesn't fit with diabetes alone. So the cat probably has a concurrent illness along with the diabetes which can really complicate things.

As far as the insulin type goes, it depends on what type of human insulin. Actually there are only a few that are vet only. The issue with the type of insulin is that in general cats tend to metabolize insulin differently than us, so it does not last nearly as long in them as it does in us. Diabetes is a condition that takes awhile to regulate properly in the best case scenario in animals so it is going to take some time and experimenting and unfortunately, that means money too.

Spot glucose checks are going to be pretty useless in cats. You really need to be working with a veterinarian on this, unfortunately.

Thanks. Definitely not what I wanted to hear, but I figured it wouldn't be. I'm hoping we can manage it with what we have resources for, he is a pretty cool cat and my wife is deeply attached. I'll keep you guys updated.

four lean hounds
Feb 16, 2012

Oberst posted:

As Deteriorata stated, there is no particular training that will keep a cat in your yard. There are physical restraints such as leashes, which your kittens are certainly young enough to get used to, or you can go whole hog and get cat-proof fencing to turn your yard into a "inescapable" play ground.

See:
http://www.catfencein.com/

You could also build them a rad little enclosure so they can bird watch and enjoy the sun without the ability to roam as they please. I've see people do that and so long as the enclosure is sturdy the cats seems to enjoy their sunny spot in the garden.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

I just wanted to update on introducing a kitten (adolescent really, 8 month old or so) to our 6 year old catte and 4 year old dogge.

Snape

Two months later:

This is a cat bed my mom made me, made for 1 cat.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

four lean hounds posted:

As Deteriorata stated, there is no particular training that will keep a cat in your yard. There are physical restraints such as leashes, which your kittens are certainly young enough to get used to, or you can go whole hog and get cat-proof fencing to turn your yard into a "inescapable" play ground.

See:
http://www.catfencein.com/

You could also build them a rad little enclosure so they can bird watch and enjoy the sun without the ability to roam as they please. I've see people do that and so long as the enclosure is sturdy the cats seems to enjoy their sunny spot in the garden.

Ive had plenty of cats in my lifetime that disappeared for days/weeks at a time to go wherever a cat may go, so I fully understand a grown cat's complete disregard for boundaries of any kind; but I was hoping for some product to discourage excessive exploration in young kittens raised indoors.

That fence looks p neat though so it's a secondary option. So thanks for actually providing me with information beyond something completely obvious like cats roam hurr id have never guessed that

four lean hounds
Feb 16, 2012

Oberst posted:

Ive had plenty of cats in my lifetime that disappeared for days/weeks at a time to go wherever a cat may go, so I fully understand a grown cat's complete disregard for boundaries of any kind; but I was hoping for some product to discourage excessive exploration in young kittens raised indoors.

That fence looks p neat though so it's a secondary option. So thanks for actually providing me with information beyond something completely obvious like cats roam hurr id have never guessed that

:hfive: Most of the advice I offer is simply stuff I'm parroting from previous PI posts.

Google around, there are some fencing options that I find hysterical. They are essentially chain link fences with the top angled inward so that the cat cannot climb over the fence. It makes me think of cat prison breaks.

The only thing I dislike about them is that difficult to get out = difficult to get back in should your kitty ever breach the perimeter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Oberst posted:

One option that a lot of FIV owners in the UK go with is a fully enclosed run coming off a back window into the garden. That way the cat gets in and out whenever it wants and it's protected from contact with other animals. If you have the space to spare in your garden, it might be an option.