Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
That moment of reminder that PJ is a dead kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
well that got dark fast

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
That's not true PJ, Max just need to rent you The Crow.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Don't worry, PJ, this is probably just foreshadowing how you will eventually save the day, just you wait.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
PJ just needs to wait a few decades and he'll become the White Lantern :v:

Real Talk tho, it's established in chapter one that ghosts get spectral powers, possibly unique ones, (butterfly dude) so I'm guessing peej will save the day or something.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
I guess nobody's told PJ that Bruce Willis was dead all along.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?
He specifically said before the beginning. Bruce Willis is alive in the opening scene.

It's really a sad thing for someone to say. People tend to think of themselves as being the hero, or at least the protagonist, of their own story.

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009
I wonder if Max is going to die. The way PJphrases "Not before the story starts" feels so ominous.

bouncyman fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Nov 16, 2013

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
I kind of doubt it. It would be a huge departure in tone from the comic up to this point, and Zach's attitude towards the comic suggests he wouldn't really want to change it away from that.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
My guess is more that this will lead in to a quick look at PJ's background, which might establish whatever goals he might have as the story goes forward.

I have a feeling we're going to see PJ do great things someday.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
This tweet is old and probably has been posted here already but holy poo poo.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Do you want to know
what we do to artists?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Who's the lady(man?) in the pink scarf(turtleneck?) next to Starchman?(!)

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I think she's the Matryoshka looking lady Spender met with briefly in that dream HQ place.

Tuxedo Ted fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jan 10, 2017

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm diggin' alt-Isabel, and Spender doesn't really look too different. I could only notice them once I summoned enough willpower to look away from alt-Starchman.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
Super Saiyan Johnny is the real star of the show here.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

ProfessorProf posted:

I really hope this hair has a cameo in the comic at the very least, it's so good :allears:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

ProfessorProf posted:

He's basically Kid-Vegeta

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster

Tuxedo Ted posted:

I think she's the Matryoshka looking lady Spender met with briefly in that dream HQ place.

Thank you for reposting this and reminding me of the next page, which features two characters I REALLY hope we see more of: Swooning Scientist Lady and Multi-Jointed Woman.

I bet Science Lady is the only person who thinks Spender is even remotely cool. :3:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

ProfessorProf posted:

loving lost it at Johnny being Vegeta. It seems all of Issac anime spikey hair powers got transferred to Johnny.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nick_326 posted:

Thank you for reposting this and reminding me of the next page, which features two characters I REALLY hope we see more of: Swooning Scientist Lady and Multi-Jointed Woman.

I bet Science Lady is the only person who thinks Spender is even remotely cool. :3:

I think Spender is ultra cool.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

rotinaj posted:

I think Spender is ultra cool.

You've been tricked.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Shindragon posted:

loving lost it at Johnny being Vegeta. It seems all of Issac anime spikey hair powers got transferred to Johnny.

Now this chapter is about Max dying and possessing Johnny.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh boy, The phrase "This can only end in tears" comes to mind.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Am I the only one that sees the terrible potential flaw in Max's plan?

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

readingatwork posted:

Am I the only one that sees the terrible potential flaw in Max's plan?

Do you mean a ghost wielding a tool would look really silly, since it would just be a floating object. Or do you mean the fact that since a ghost is all spectral energy that the tool would completely devour them?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The next panel is probably going to be Spender telling Max that ghosts can't wield poo poo. Also this page was sorta boring but I think a lot of the PJ pages drag, so hopefully we'll just get a sharp cut away on Friday!

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
PJ has purple spectral energy and wears stripes, so obviously he's going to be The Phantom.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Do you mean a ghost wielding a tool would look really silly, since it would just be a floating object. Or do you mean the fact that since a ghost is all spectral energy that the tool would completely devour them?

Or that PJ isn't a poltergeist so he couldn't actually lift his tool?

Pretty sure Batman's only died like once.

And Angel and Invisible Girl have more powers.

:goonsay:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Countblanc posted:

The next panel is probably going to be Spender telling Max that ghosts can't wield poo poo. Also this page was sorta boring but I think a lot of the PJ pages drag

So is there just, like, a lump of coal in your chest cavity or

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Couldn't PJ move the bat back in chapter 2 or so? Being possessed makes tools tangible to spirits, so they can be weapons against them (and not, say, random bits of metal Max might want to magnetise).

Edit: He could. http://paranatural.net/chapter-2-page-5/

Tenebrais fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Nov 18, 2013

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Prison Warden posted:

Pretty sure Batman's only died like once.
:goonsay: Well, depends on what you count.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
That Goku panel is cracking me up

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Macaluso posted:

That Goku panel is cracking me up

The Beat Wars panel is even better. :colbert:

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster

Whitenoise Poster posted:

On an unrelated note I can't find the Halloween art you people are talking about on the last page. Where is it.

Here you go, person from a few pages ago:

http://fyeahparanatural.tumblr.com/post/65724431476

Also, I asked Zack on Twitter if science lady and multi-jointed woman will appear again later and if Suzy will be in this chapter. The former "may pop up again!!", and Suzy isn't in this chapter but "she's in the next one a good deal, though".

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
The alt text is great, as usual. "You're three heroes, or roughly one half of Danny Phantom."

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Oxxidation posted:

So is there just, like, a lump of coal in your chest cavity or

Yes. Also I Hate Fun.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Matlock Birthmark posted:

The second. It's also possible that using a tool would shorten a ghost's lifespan since they don't seem to be able to replenish their spectral energy (which would be why they fade over time).

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Also Max's plan relies entirely on Mr. Spender willfully giving away information.

Great thinking there, Max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

SlothfulCobra posted:

Also Max's plan relies entirely on Mr. Spender willfully giving away information.

Great thinking there, Max.
The current theory is that Mr Spender has no problem giving away information, just not in front of Isaac (or more accurately the spirit possessing Isaac).