Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Mortimer posted:

How should I handle unexpected death in the middle of my LP run? It's Commander Keen 4, and despite my years of playing it, hard mode can be frustrating. I was considering doing jump cuts to runs that go perfectly, but then the overworld music would be out of sync and it would be pretty obvious.
I don't know anything about this game, but if there's an option to shut off the music track separately from the sound effects and whatnot, you can download the OST and slap it in the video during post. Or record the music until it loops and cobble together a track that way. That can make jump-cutting a lot less jarring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Olive Branch posted:

Here's a test post for a Tropico 1 LP. How's it looking?

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=16461
Great, but we need a first update to really judge. The op looks awesome though! (Try not to go overboard with the smilies you're only allowed 20 per post.)

unfair
Oct 6, 2012

BB2K posted:

Let me know if you guys find anything terribly wrong with the video or my idea.

Turtlicious posted:

Ontop of that you keep talking over what they're saying and that drives me NUTS. So turn up the audio on the game a bit (just the voices) or save your quips for shoot-mans when you have the down time for it.

Talking over it isn't innately a bad thing, particularly since someone who loved the game already did a serious run through it - but I'd agree that you should make sure it's interesting or relevant if you're going to interrupt important bits. (Which the interruptions of the cutscene around the 5 minute mark were not)

It's also helpful to know the game well and throw in interesting trivia when you can - for instance that on rails starting section doesn't actually require you to shoot anything. Also of note, if you don't shoot the helicopters they don't crash into things in the background, that only happens when you've "killed" them with enough bullets in my experience.

I kind of hated the game though so that's the extent of my knowledge, although if you're going to mock it I definitely think you should go out of the way to show how contrived and on rails it is (or at least that's what I would do). There are several sections where the game just doesn't give you an option and sometimes outright kills you, while pretending that you have a meaningful choice. That's just my opinion though as someone who doesn't like it, I don't know how it would go over.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Turtlicious posted:

Great, but we need a first update to really judge. The op looks awesome though! (Try not to go overboard with the smilies you're only allowed 20 per post.)
I know. I'm only using seven smilies in that first one to be witty regarding factions. I don't know why :mil101: doesn't get accepted by the SSLP test poster though.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

BB2K posted:

I'll admit to not watching all 20 minutes, but I did watch about 8 minutes and you guys seem kinda boring and unfunny. Just my personal opinion, of course, but when your entire gimmick is making fun of a well-liked game, it kinda helps to actually be funny. But who knows, maybe I'm just a stick in the mud and everybody else thinks you're hilarious.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

BB2K posted:

Here comes a test post for something I've wanted to do for a while:

Some people like this game. Most of them agree that the gameplay is pretty darn average (which it is), but that the themes and narrative were good enough to make up for that. Some critics went as far to say that it’s an important step forward for videogames and have used it as an example of games being ‘art’. Some terrible guy even wrote a terrible book about it, which is pretty much just a terrible narrative let’s play of the game with none of the exciting things like screenshots or videos.

If you couldn’t tell, I am not one of those people who like this game. If you did, hey, more power to you, and if you want to watch a good, serious LP of this game you should probably check out Oatmeal Raisin’s one here. But I didn’t. I have my reasons, and I’ll be explaining throughout the LP the problems that I have with the game. Joining me is Dyslexiactic, who played about an hour of the game and got really bored. Those of you who have played it probably realise this isn’t such a great indication of what the game is and I’m very interested in seeing what Dys thinks of how the game progresses, so :siren: NO SPOILERS! :siren:
If you think you can talk about how something relates to stuff later on in the game without spoiling or hinting too heavily at what that is, go ahead and do that but be careful. If you have some complaints about the game that you want us to talk about in the video feel free to PM them to me so we can get do that. We'll be talking over the cutscenes a little bit, if you want to watch them all without commentary you should refer back to Oatmeal Raisin's LP because that isn't really what this LP is about.

I’ll put up at least one video a week, sometimes more depending on how long the videos are and how bored I am. There are kind of moral choices in the game that I’ve gone ahead and made without a voting system or anything, and I’ll explain why I made each choice in the videos. If you’ve got any problems with what we’ve shown in the game feel free to discuss it, everyone’s got an opinion and mine are probably all garbage. And with all that out of the way, here’s the LP.

[/quote]

Agreeing with the others in that you really, really shouldn't talk over the cutscenes.

As for the commentary itself, it's pretty dry (:v:) but I guess that can't really be helped since ninety percent of the interesting stuff about the game would be spoiled if you mention it before the last hour of the game. That being said, either just point out the foreshadowing or don't, the "Huh a sign *I wonder if that means anything*" isn't as funny as it sounds.

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

Eeesh, I got about 10 minutes in and you guys are kind of full of yourselves? like I get your takin' the piss because people call it so artsy but you come off as kind of arrogant. Ontop of that you keep talking over what they're saying and that drives me NUTS. So turn up the audio on the game a bit (just the voices) or save your quips for shoot-mans when you have the down time for it. Other then that though it's great, your audio is nice and you have a good dynamic. I think you're ready for a thread (please note my critique are personal style things, and is not indicative that you're not ready / people will laugh you out of LP. I'll definitely be watching it.)

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the video for the most part but I agree we shouldn't talk over the dialogue as much. Once the story gets a bit more interesting I'm sure we'll won't talk over it nearly as much and if necessary I'll edit it out even more, and I think I'll amplify the non-shooting bits just so you can here it better.

RareAcumen posted:

This might be too nit-picky but I'd change the thread title to something that doesn't reference White Phosphorous.

This is probably a good idea, unless I can't think of anything better by the time I put up the thread.

unfair posted:

Talking over it isn't innately a bad thing, particularly since someone who loved the game already did a serious run through it - but I'd agree that you should make sure it's interesting or relevant if you're going to interrupt important bits. (Which the interruptions of the cutscene around the 5 minute mark were not)

It's also helpful to know the game well and throw in interesting trivia when you can - for instance that on rails starting section doesn't actually require you to shoot anything. Also of note, if you don't shoot the helicopters they don't crash into things in the background, that only happens when you've "killed" them with enough bullets in my experience.

I kind of hated the game though so that's the extent of my knowledge, although if you're going to mock it I definitely think you should go out of the way to show how contrived and on rails it is (or at least that's what I would do). There are several sections where the game just doesn't give you an option and sometimes outright kills you, while pretending that you have a meaningful choice. That's just my opinion though as someone who doesn't like it, I don't know how it would go over.

There is a reason I left in some of that talking, but I did cut out a lot that I thought wasn't relevent/interesting/funny. I'm definitely going to get a bit more informative with the systems of the game as we go on, mostly when the themes of the game are really let down by the gameplay mechanics or are otherwise poorly executed. That beginning sequence I thought was pretty unremarkable, but it is pretty interesting to that you don't really have any meaningful input on it.

Lance Streetman posted:

I'll admit to not watching all 20 minutes, but I did watch about 8 minutes and you guys seem kinda boring and unfunny. Just my personal opinion, of course, but when your entire gimmick is making fun of a well-liked game, it kinda helps to actually be funny. But who knows, maybe I'm just a stick in the mud and everybody else thinks you're hilarious.

Now I know I'm not funny but I think you're being a bit mean to Dys here. I don't really want the gimmick to be making fun of the game all the time, I have what I think are legitimate complaints with the game and the way it tells its story which I will be talking about in more detail as they come it, the start just happens to be pretty boring and uneventful. I don't really think of this as a well-liked game to be honest, I think the people who like it really it are into it, but it's not a game I've heard about often since it came out, and even the people who do like it mostly agree the gameplay isn't that hot.

I feel like some of what I've said are excuses, but I'm definitely gonna take some of this stuff into account in further videos.

EDIT: Me and Dys have since discussed it and I think we're gonna scrap this first video and try it again, will post the results in here if we can make something we're happy with.

BB2K fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Nov 17, 2013

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

VoidBurger posted:

I don't know anything about this game, but if there's an option to shut off the music track separately from the sound effects and whatnot, you can download the OST and slap it in the video during post. Or record the music until it loops and cobble together a track that way. That can make jump-cutting a lot less jarring.

If you can do this, it's a really fun idea. The best is that you can replace the tracks with remixes and such after you've played the original if it gets repetitive or whatever. I did this for VLP Snatcher back in the day and... well, I thought it was neat anyway.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Slowbeef posted:

I did this for VLP Snatcher back in the day and... well, I thought it was neat anyway.

It was alright. But then you replaced a lot of the music in later videos with the (PSX?) versions of the soundtrack and that version of the soundtrack was terrible.

Or hey, maybe that's just me.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

Volt Catfish posted:

It was alright. But then you replaced a lot of the music in later videos with the (PSX?) versions of the soundtrack and that version of the soundtrack was terrible.

Or hey, maybe that's just me.

Junker HQ was unequivocally better. Innocent Girl was pretty bad, and Blow Up Tricycle was alright. Either way, I mean, I think it's more interesting than not doing it.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
I'd warn to be careful with going a bit overkill with editing though; it's very easy to turn an LP into a second job that lasts forever if you decide you need to have every little thing be perfect. Put the effort in, but I wouldn't worry too hard about overworld music cutting in and out. If you clip the tracks properly and fade in / out, you can usually make transitions sound fairly natural.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Yeah, Crossfading the audio can work decently well, depending on the kind of music.

Psychedelic Eyeball
Jan 10, 2006

Like it or not, we will build you a new civilization.

Zorak posted:

I'd warn to be careful with going a bit overkill with editing though; it's very easy to turn an LP into a second job that lasts forever if you decide you need to have every little thing be perfect. Put the effort in, but I wouldn't worry too hard about overworld music cutting in and out. If you clip the tracks properly and fade in / out, you can usually make transitions sound fairly natural.
For a game like Commander Keen 4, this is probably what should be done, considering how short the songs are in this game. You'd have to put in a lot more work putting the tracks on and make them loop constantly than to simply do crossfading.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Seems like the general reception of my ReRev post is good outside of grammar and needing to do dual commentary. I might delay the thread for a while though; apparently my friend is going on vacation on thanksgiving for like 2 weeks so I want to get a couple extra episodes done to compensate for that downtime.

Thanks for the help guys.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Alright, thanks for the reply on the OP for Tropico! Thread's live here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3586258

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

VoidBurger posted:

Yeah, Crossfading the audio can work decently well, depending on the kind of music.

AviSynth FadeIn and FadeOut also fade the sound. I've been plenty happy with just doing that to cut stuff out.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

"This thread title is censored in the UK [RaC: Going Commando HDVLP posted:

"]

Ratchet and Clank was a game where you played an rear end in a top hat space... cat..? thing and his non-rear end in a top hat robot buddy. Together they had a road trip across the galaxy in a number of clunker cars before managing to snag a sweet space-Mercedes and stick it to space-Wal Mart while also beating up Space-Vince Offer. It was a really fun game with some minor technical and character issues, but it was forgiveable because there were constant explosions and pretty colors. But what if you worked out those technical and character issues? Improved them? Worked on them a bit?
You get Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando, or as Europe knows it, Ratchet and Clank 2: Locked and Loaded (because not wearing underwear is gross), or as Japan knows it, Ratchet and Clank: BangBangBang! Commandos of the Galaxy (oh my god that is the best title). Released barely over a year after the original (RaC was Nov. 4, 2002, GC was Nov. 11, 2003), everything that was wrong with the first game was fixed. Ratchet is no longer an rear end in a top hat, nor is he a surfer dude. The game no longer gives you a device that it makes you use all of twice (foooor the most part). There's actually incentive to use guns for extended periods of time. TONS of side quests and extra ways to earn cash. You don't die in four hits. YOU. CAN. STRAFE. There is a REASON that this game is thought by a lot of fans to be the best in the series (they are wrong though that is a crack in time). The first game was really good. This one is FANTASTIC.

:ducksiren::ducksiren::ducksiren:SPOILER ALERT: Yellow:ducksiren::ducksiren::ducksiren:

You can talk about stuff that happens later in the game in spoiler tags, just try not to get too far ahead. Discussion about future guns is also okay in spoiler tags, but I'll try to show off every weapon so again, don't go crazy.

Youtube is the cut version of the video. Uncut is where we blab over cutscenes, also on Youtube. Hosted is a higher quality, higher framerate version of the video that you can download for both commentary tracks.

WEEKLY GOON GAMENITE
Since I'm playing the HD collection, and I do plan on (eventually) doing Up Your Arsenal, every week I'll try to see if there's a night where I'm free where we can have fun with Up Your Arsenal's multiplayer mode. I know UYA doesn't have dedicated servers, so hit me up on my twitter account (@kalonZombie) or my skype account (candinhf) if you want to join in. You have to (1) have a copy of the Ratchet and Clank collection in order to play and (2) not mind being recorded for possible multiplayer videos in the future.

Youtube Uncut Hosted

Keep in mind that this thread won't be going live until both my Lollipop Chainsaw and my Bioshock stuff is done, which should actually be pretty soon. I just want to make sure everything's okay OP and video-wise.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Update on my weird copyright issues: I edited the part that it told me caused the content ID claim, and re-uploaded the video. It still blocked the video and told me that it matches content. Now it just shows me part of the video where I literally say the words "Kingdom Hearts." This is loving ridiculous, I have no idea what to do about this.

EDIT: Now it's showing me the same part from before, even though I obscured it. Should I take the sound out, too? This is so stupid. There are dozens of videos with the same content in them that aren't blocked. YouTube just hates me.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Nov 18, 2013

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Update on my weird copyright issues: I edited the part that it told me caused the content ID claim, and re-uploaded the video. It still blocked the video and told me that it matches content. Now it just shows me part of the video where I literally say the words "Kingdom Hearts." This is loving ridiculous, I have no idea what to do about this.

EDIT: Now it's showing me the same part from before, even though I obscured it. Should I take the sound out, too? This is so stupid. There are dozens of videos with the same content in them that aren't blocked. YouTube just hates me.

Maybe just give up and link to one of the other working videos in your thread instead, after mentioning the problem.

unfair
Oct 6, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

It tells you exactly what the claim is for, that's what I was talking about before. For example music matches say "sound recording administered by", which is usually what YouTube is looking for - in which case you should follow the advice from my previous post.

Whooping Toff
Oct 21, 2010

*ahem*

I do beg your pardon.
Anyone else having trouble with lpix images not loading over the past day or so? Probably on my end.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

unfair posted:

It tells you exactly what the claim is for, that's what I was talking about before. For example music matches say "sound recording administered by", which is usually what YouTube is looking for - in which case you should follow the advice from my previous post.

It shows me a section of the video that is a clip from the first Kingdom Hearts. I obscured it by adding a bunch of filters and it still recognized it. gently caress it, I might as well just use Dailymotion or something.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

It shows me a section of the video that is a clip from the first Kingdom Hearts. I obscured it by adding a bunch of filters and it still recognized it. gently caress it, I might as well just use Dailymotion or something.

Post a screenshot. unfair means it should be telling you who is making the claim.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Slowbeef posted:

Post a screenshot. unfair means it should be telling you who is making the claim.

This is what it says. You can see the section of video which is clearly from the first Kingdom Hearts, and I put some dumb filters over. I have no idea if LP's count as fair use or not, but that would be the only thing I could dispute this on.

EDIT: It's a content ID claim and not a full copyright claim so if I delete the video, the claim goes away and there are no long-term repercussions.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Nov 19, 2013

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Just cut the bits out and drop a link in the thread and/or the video description to a copy of the scenes someone else has put up maybe with a small note in the video pointing it out.

unfair
Oct 6, 2012
Yeah see how it says "Visual Content administered by"? That's what they're matching. If it said "Audio Content" you could legitimately bypass it by adding voiceover to the section.

In any event it's just a Content ID match - people can still see your video just fine, it just means that Square Enix has permission to run ads on it if they want to. Just post your video - everyone who's bothered by ads runs a blocker anyway. Don't spend time worrying about Content ID matches if they're Visual Content claimed by a legitimate owner. (Square Enix, as opposed to a claim by some YouTube network that has a day-one LPer who somehow matched against you)

Edit: and in case it wasn't clear - Content ID matches have no negative effect on your channel standing. You don't need to delete them.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

EDIT: It's a content ID claim and not a full copyright claim so if I delete the video, the claim goes away and there are no long-term repercussions.

Just to confirm what unfair says, even if you leave it, there are no negative strikes on your account. Content ID claims aren't like copyright strikes.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Note that it says "Your video is blocked globally.", he can't just post it.

Square's been doing this with pre-rendered stuff from all their recent games, the only way to get around it is to completely break the footage.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I've gotten quite a few content ID matches on my videos before, mostly because I do play licensed music from time to time (one of my Fallout 3 videos way back in the day got content ID matched for the Price is Right theme I used for fast-forward montages!), but I haven't clicked 'acknowledge' or 'dispute' on a single one of them and no action has been taken against my account. One video even says 'Your video is blocked worldwide' or w/e but everyone can still view it so who the gently caress knows. v:v:v

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen
The video's blocked globally, so no, people won't be able to see ads. In addition, YouTube's content ID is very good at detecting blurry filters like that because it needs to be able to detect low resolution versions of things. You need to either black out the cutscene, mangle it really bad, or just cut it.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

I just find it bizarre that they even tagged/blocked it at all. I still have a bunch of KH1 cutscenes on my youtube account from my (short-lived) run that haven't been content ID'ed. :psyduck:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Slowbeef posted:

Just to confirm what unfair says, even if you leave it, there are no negative strikes on your account. Content ID claims aren't like copyright strikes.

Actually, I can't post videos longer than 15 minutes unless I delete it. I guess I'll gently caress up the footage even more so I can post it!

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

melodicwaffle posted:

I just find it bizarre that they even tagged/blocked it at all. I still have a bunch of KH1 cutscenes on my youtube account from my (short-lived) run that haven't been content ID'ed. :psyduck:

They probably don't care about anything that old.

You know, I hate this automated copyright bullcrap as much as the next guy, but at least I can understand Square Enix doing something about it. Their games have so much effort put into something entirely visual and non-interactive. Of course, the response should be to make people want to play the games themselves anyway, because as a wise man once said, 'gameplay is what games a game a game.'

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Actually, I can't post videos longer than 15 minutes unless I delete it. I guess I'll gently caress up the footage even more so I can post it!

...Wait, really? But it goes away when you delete it? Wow, okay, my bad then.

unfair
Oct 6, 2012

Slowbeef posted:

...Wait, really? But it goes away when you delete it? Wow, okay, my bad then.

They did just change the copyright/partnership system to be a bit more strict (effective today I think) - so maybe this is one of the new effects. It's probably only under certain specific circumstances though, I can't see them doing that to everyone who has a Content ID match.

Could have something to do with him uploading and deleting it a bunch of times too, dunno.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
I think the most fair way to handle the ContentID system would be to strike a fair balance between the interests of copyright holders (removing infringing material as quickly as possible without requiring individual manual reviews of every video on the service) and content posters (the freedom to post any non-infringing material without fear of reprisal or undue imposition of process):

1) The ContentID system finds what it believes to be a match - the video is immediately marked as infringing and taken down if that's what the copyright holder specifies. That's how it works now.
2) The content poster can dispute the claim, at which point they assert legally that the content posted doesn't infringe on the copyright as claimed, opening themselves to perjury if it's ultimately decided that they are in fact infringing. At this point, the fair thing to do would be to remove the claim and open the video to the public again. This is in accordance with the First Amendment and prior restraint (as I, a non-lawyer, understand the principles) - I think Youtube's position of favoring the copyright claimant in all cases, even when no individual has made a claim or demonstrated any actual infringement, is chilling in the legal sense.
3) The copyright claimant must evaluate all disputed claims and issue specific assertions of actual infringements, also under penalty of perjury or the appropriate corporate charge, at which point the video would again be taken down or monetized for the claimant. By requiring this human-in-the-loop interaction for a formal takedown, there is a culpable party in the event of any false claims, and therefore a remedy is available to any wronged party. At this point, both parties have made actionable legal claims.
4) If the content poster decides to take the matter to court, the judicial system works as it would for any copyright lawsuit - the claimant must prove infringement, with an award of legal fees to the defendant if they fail to do so and whatever penalties apply under the DMCA or Copyright Act if they prevail. At least by this time, any obvious cases of infringement have probably been dropped along the way, and we should be down to questions of fair use, which should rightly end up in court rather than dying in some automated system owned by a company with more money than most world governments.

Of course, Google will never change their practices because the companies paying them to use this system have a lot more money, and therefore a lot more profit potential, than most of the content producers who post videos. Maybe PewDiePie and Smosh would take up the cause. At least, I expect their videos would see a sharp dropoff in views as a result, which probably raises the overall intelligence level on the Internet.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

I don't understand why everyone is having all these problems - Youtube is a completely functional site programmed by competent people!

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

This is what it says. You can see the section of video which is clearly from the first Kingdom Hearts, and I put some dumb filters over. I have no idea if LP's count as fair use or not, but that would be the only thing I could dispute this on.

Well, Square Enix does own the rights to it. You can't contest it. Just delete the section and move on.

It's a dick move but welcome to the machine.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Welp, for those who are interested I've gone live.

Let's Play Resident Seavil For Real! Resident Evil Revelations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Zorak posted:

Well, Square Enix does own the rights to it. You can't contest it. Just delete the section and move on.

It's a dick move but welcome to the machine.

Yeah, I think that just about sums it up. Probably going to be seeing a lot more of it too. (I think there was a long drawn out discussion about all this when Nintendo did their little crackdown as well, yes?).

Regardless, nothing you can do about it. As Zorak said, they legally have the right to do that. Would be no different from Warner Bros. filing a claim against somebody that posted Man of Steel. Video game Playthroughs/LPs/Walkthroughs/Whatever the gently caress you want to call it, haven't been MAJORLY popular on the internet until fairly recently. It's only a matter of time before the main title holders catch up and start dropping the hammer. And there's not a drat thing to be done about it. But it's not worth trying to garble a video beyond recognition over, or losing any sleep because a Kingdom Hearts video can't be posted without getting tagged....in then end, it's just a bit of silly video game footage.

• Locked thread