Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I'm planning 5/5/3 not because I have any enthusiasm for the level five blue ability, but because ranks four and five of the yellow ability make it actively worse. I'd happily leave it at rank two if I could and still max level. Of course once I hit 3k rating mine will be up to 3/1/3 so that's a lot of red and blue covers for a character that isn't really that good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Russad posted:

So, what are people thinking for IM40 builds? I'm was thinking 5/5/3 red/blue/yellow, but I imagine blue covers are going to be harder to come by then yellow (at least, they have so far), and looking at it again blue is basically unusable at 20 AP buy in. I mean, if you get it it looks like a TPK anyway, so I'm not sure level 5 blue (adds a 2 turn stun on the target) is particularly useful. But every point you add to yellow increases the AP cost, and considering that you're only guaranteed to get countdown tiles, I don't see why I would use that over, say, a guaranteed 2K hit from Thor.

Yeah we all insane and no one will seriously use IM40 over most 2* characters. I'm hoping for a buff.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

Shwqa posted:

Yeah we all insane and no one will seriously use IM40 over most 2* characters. I'm hoping for a buff.

Eh his HP and tile match damage will go pretty high at level 141 I'm guessing, could be a good tanker even if you don't use his specials. The blue attack is a lot more feasible looking once you count the fact that you can possibly get 9 blue AP from the level 2 one.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
The randomness of Juggernaut point farming is starting to get to me. Most games I shove Hawkeye out front to eat a few hits and mop up with minimal damage taken. Some games the 1-3 matches the computer gets chain a bunch of crits in a row obliterating my whole team in one turn. (83 Thor, 85 Storm so not exactly a small amount of HP)

On the bright side I broke 3k and got my blue Iron Man 40 cover. I think I'll keep going a bit longer to build up a buffer then switch to the Black Widow event.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

McDragon posted:

This Widow Tournament is getting pretty great. Heroic Token, loving X Force Wolvie.

And the battles have turned into Whack-a-Widow, where you don't want to whack the Widow. Because if you do, Storm explodes your face and the faces of all your friends. The AI just can't do poo poo about it.

Purple matches have ended up the strongest pretty much. That's new. And Environmental ones too.

Just be careful with this. If you're facing a strong enough Cstorm, if you let your Widow get popped early enough that your Cstorm explodes but can't kill the AI's, you eat two back and probably wipe right there. Cstorm giveth and Cstorm taketh away.

It's a hilarious way to lose at least.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Or if the AI makes a ridiculous match that's strong enough to trigger even on your meatshield. drat that's horrible.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Crawled to #1 and got 100 hero points for hitting 800 in the widow tournament before I started getting whacked. Sucks that I'll probably place high in this one and the prize is only a 2star hero. Game right now is like 90% cstorm/thor teams.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Welp, looks like that's a wrap for tonight. #3 in the Juggernaut tournament with 3632 points. #1 has 5019, #2 4257 and #4 3110. The number #10 person in my bracket has 2501 so I feel good about my chances of maintaining top 15 for the three Grey Widow covers.

Hopefully when I wake up the leaderboard won't have changed much so I can get started on the Widow tournament.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

BGrifter posted:

Welp, looks like that's a wrap for tonight. #3 in the Juggernaut tournament with 3632 points. #1 has 5019, #2 4257 and #4 3110. The number #10 person in my bracket has 2501 so I feel good about my chances of maintaining top 15 for the three Grey Widow covers.

Hopefully when I wake up the leaderboard won't have changed much so I can get started on the Widow tournament.

I feel guilty for being in such an easy bracket

Gonna try to push for top 2 but not sure if I'll be able to keep it up when the end comes around.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

AzraelNewtype posted:

Just be careful with this. If you're facing a strong enough Cstorm, if you let your Widow get popped early enough that your Cstorm explodes but can't kill the AI's, you eat two back and probably wipe right there. Cstorm giveth and Cstorm taketh away.

It's a hilarious way to lose at least.

Oh yes, I know this only too well. Usually a Mjolnir's Might is enough to knock her health down enough. Usually.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Game right now is like 90% cstorm/thor teams.

Yeah I keep leveling up other heroes so that I can stop using that combo but the only people nearly as effective is ragnarok and spiderman. And I don't have them. :sigh:

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Apparently, nothing can stop anyone from killing themselves. Magneto was the last hero left on the other side and he thorned rose'd himself to death.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Just got my 3000 and IM40 is now 5/1/3. Gonna be a long wait to 5/5/3 though.

And yes, people with 85 Storm Classics are going to scream but she HAS to be nerfed. Guest-leader-on-a-stick is just too effective and they have to notice when tons of people are clearing the top progression rewards halfway through the event.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Yeah, Classic Storm is crazy-overpowered. Gonna keep using her until the inevitable nerf though. It's really fun as well as ridiculously strong.

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

Any guesses as to the next tournament? I'm hoping for buffed Wolverine. Fights would take longer than the Thor tourney, but would be equally stupid (assuming strike tile values get boosted along with everything else. They should, since the value is level based.)

One possible solution to the C-Storm situation would be to boost health values along with everything else for the featured character. That would make storm triggers less trivial to provoke, as well as stopping Thors from 1-shotting other Thors. I don't really want to suggest that, because it may well make the game less fun, just saying that it would be a quick and fairly elegant fix.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

Kravdraa posted:

Any guesses as to the next tournament? I'm hoping for buffed Wolverine. Fights would take longer than the Thor tourney, but would be equally stupid (assuming strike tile values get boosted along with everything else. They should, since the value is level based.)

Based on what IceIX said on the dev forums, we know that a buffed CStorm tourney is coming some time soon - I wouldn't be surprised it was this one. Time to bring level 1s into battle so you can one-shot the entire enemy team!

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

They should really just make the c storm damage halved but have it hit on 15% health instead. It'd still make her priority number one, but makes it a lot less useful for hat-on-a-stick usage. And the red AP bonus is kind of ridiculous. Maybe yellow AP instead?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
On the one hand, I'm making solid rank progress.

On the other hand... Top 2 ain't happenin'.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Polkio is now at 7225 and 700 over noobzzz. Also how are people loosing to my not max level 2/4/3 lvl 45 thor and 5/5 lvl 48 Daken and freebie widow? I mean I know I can grind up to the top 4 in my bracket with it but how do you loose to that? I got points from some one failing to kill me +9 points weee.

Fallorn fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Nov 17, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nerf everyone's CStorm but mine.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
I'm going to be so pissed with they give Daken a 3rd ability that is better than his others and I can only get it to lvl 3. But being able to get more levels on him would rock. Daken needs a 3rd passive ability just to gently caress with everyone.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Give Daken the same Adamantium Bones as Bullseye. :getin:

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

Give Daken the same Adamantium Bones as Bullseye. :getin:

Give Daken CStorm's yellow. :v:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Heh, what a loving joke. -102 points in about 30 seconds.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
4250 and 4th place, so I think I'm reasonably safe for top 15 there, but I could keep plugging away at that... or try to fight my way to 1000 and yell gently caress at my iPod a lot in the next six hours and end up with an okay Widow card. I guess it depends if I feel like staying up 'til midnight or not.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Don't bother grinding the Widow event for at least 4-5 more hours. All my opponents are worth 1-4 points each and I just lost over a hundred points in 30 seconds. It's pretty much pointless to grind until the last hour of the event.

Edit: From around 940 points to 701 now. Wow.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 17, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I got the 1000 iso reward, but those 500 hero points look out of reach. :negative:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The way these tournaments are set up is awful. Why skip through literally dozens of candidates when I won't even bother unless they give me at least 15 points? Just match me with the high point people already

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Cant believe I'm actually hunting down level 85 Thors. Those at lower levels dont do enough damage to Widow to trigger Storm.

edit oh god this Thor just did two cascading critical 5-matches. My Thor's nearly dead.:negative:

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Nov 18, 2013

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I seem to have reached a hump, where fights are getting hard, my heroes can be levelled up however I just do not have enough ISO to level them up quick enough. I have a few 22s and a couple 20s with the rest 12-16. What is my best bet for getting ISO quickly to level them up higher so I can get past the prologue?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

SynthOrange posted:

edit oh god this Thor just did two cascading critical 5-matches. My Thor's nearly dead.:negative:

I had a match this morning vs a level 100+ Ragnarok where the UI did it's first turn match and cascaded into six straight five match criticals. I was not amused.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dravs posted:

I seem to have reached a hump, where fights are getting hard, my heroes can be levelled up however I just do not have enough ISO to level them up quick enough. I have a few 22s and a couple 20s with the rest 12-16. What is my best bet for getting ISO quickly to level them up higher so I can get past the prologue?

Sign up to the facebook list, add everyone (slowly, dont want to trigger the bot script on FB). Grinding out rewards on easy events, grinding out easy fights on Shield training.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I got my 1000 and am satisfied, and it wasn't even as nerve-wracking as I figured. Not many bothering to retaliate.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Alternatively if you are a robot, grind out 20 iso from level 1 hammer fights in Chapter 1. :v:

Edit:

I got knocked down, but I got up again. :black101:

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 18, 2013

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Just crossed 5000 points in Heroic Mode.

I... can stop any time I want. Right after I see a bright light and dead relatives beckoning.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

delfin posted:

Just crossed 5000 points in Heroic Mode.

I... can stop any time I want. Right after I see a bright light and dead relatives beckoning.

They all look very disappointed in you.

edit:
Okay this is definitely a bug. On iOS, after uploading that pic and posting it here, MPQ had to restart. When I got back, my beaten up Storm and Thor are fresh as daisies.

edit2:
As an experiment, I got them beaten up again, then force quit. Restarted the app and they're fresh again. Hmm.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Nov 18, 2013

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Heh, Heroic Mode keeps giving me Modern Black Widows while I try to get all the prizes and I'm waiting to sell them because they're pretty useful as batteries for Storm.

Also I got sick of smashing my head against the wall that is the Widow Tournament and decided to forget going after the 500 coins. And you know what? Pissing around in Heroic Mode got me about that many anyway.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
The rewards for Heroic Mode are so bad. More Modern Widows and Hawkeyes?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What are you talking about? It's Grey Suit Widow with 1000 coins top prize, then thors all the way down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

The actual mission prizes are mainly Hawkeyes and Widows though.