Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I'd recommend playing as a Muslim in CK2+ since it pretty much removes decadence. CK2+ is better anyway, but doubly so for Muslims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

WilliamAnderson posted:

Surprisingly enough, Gender Equality was broken because of the AI not understanding how to do marriages properly. Should have the ability to use Enatic and En-Cog still available for players though.

And as for localization I'm trying to make the new CK2+_Base_Titles submod work properly. Any help would be appreciated, as I'm actually not the best modder, I've mainly been doing grunt work.

If the AI actually flipped around once you go into Enatic / Enatic-Cognatic territory it would be a lot more viable as the player too, so you don't end up with the AI doing normal marriages with not-in-direct-line-of-succession-*right now* relatives and end up loving you over :argh:

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Raserys posted:

If it bothers you guys so much why don't you just edit the incest back in?

We shouldn't have to. It's loving hilarious whenever it pops up. It's one of those story telling things that occur and totally derail anything you could have expected. I'd love it if they expanded it rather than removed it. Like a chain that lead all the way up to the Pope granting invasion claims because of demonic influences!

It just works like a normal affair and only the immediate family has their say when the child is legitimized. I'd prefer a check be done on how closely related the parents are that would make the court go loving berserk and foster rebellion for the more conservative traited NPC vassals. I'd rather not have dynamic options for storytelling removed. The play immediately sees it and is abhorred, that should translate into events in game.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Everyone gets high and mighty when Paradox forum posters care about how their national heritage gets represented. You clowns are moaning because they are patching out mothers and sons loving.

Antinumeric
Nov 27, 2010

BoxGiraffe

Knuc If U Buck posted:

Everyone gets high and mighty when Paradox forum posters care about how their national heritage gets represented. You clowns are moaning because they are patching out mothers and sons loving.

Turns out the abyss is a ditch in the garden compared to ourselves.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Knuc If U Buck posted:

Crusader Kings 2: I might be loving my sister but at least I'm not Serbian

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Honestly, I have 186 hours on CKII, and shoot for 'lustful' when I can, and I've never seen a random incest event pop up.

V:shobon:V

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Antinumeric posted:

Turns out the abyss is a ditch in the garden compared to ourselves.

The abyss...was us.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fintilgin posted:

Honestly, I have 186 hours on CKII, and shoot for 'lustful' when I can, and I've never seen a random incest event pop up.

V:shobon:V

I had my first one just yesterday, but it was with my bastard daughter from the time I diddled a married woman who convinced her husband that the child was his, so I don't know if the game actually recognized her as my daughter, since she didn't have the blood drop and was listed as the husband's dynasty and all that. I'm certainly not going to be crying when they patch it out, though I don't know if that will help cases like this.

I guess I'm made of different stuff than most people in this thread because I said "oh god no" loud enough to alarm my buddy that I was playing a LAN game with and clicked "It's not appropriate!" faster than I've ever clicked anything in my life.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Knuc If U Buck posted:

B-b-but, my realism :qq:

majestic12
Sep 2, 2003

Pete likes coffee
How do people deal with terrible first sons? It seems you can't stab them as a Norse in ~940, at least if you're unreformed because I don't have that option for specifically my first son where I do for everybody else. My second son has like 14 in every stat and the first has literally 0-2 and is a cruel craven arbitrary homosexual, but somehow has a bunch of kids loving up my succession line ???

Also what the gently caress can you do when all three Karling kingdoms get together to take Holstein away from me :mad: I beat back a 14k strong prepared invasion, but like all my allies had succession crises and they couldn't help. I took out a few ~6-8k strong German armies before they joined up with the remnants of mine, but I couldn't do it fast enough and they made a 28k dooom stack. Guess I have to wait 10 years for them to be busy fighting each other to take it back...

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Hey I've turned my ruler gay in multiplayer with and affiar event that popped when I was the marshal to a player emperor.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

majestic12 posted:

How do people deal with terrible first sons? It seems you can't stab them as a Norse in ~940, at least if you're unreformed because I don't have that option for specifically my first son where I do for everybody else. My second son has like 14 in every stat and the first has literally 0-2 and is a cruel craven arbitrary homosexual, but somehow has a bunch of kids loving up my succession line ???

Also what the gently caress can you do when all three Karling kingdoms get together to take Holstein away from me :mad: I beat back a 14k strong prepared invasion, but like all my allies had succession crises and they couldn't help. I took out a few ~6-8k strong German armies before they joined up with the remnants of mine, but I couldn't do it fast enough and they made a 28k dooom stack. Guess I have to wait 10 years for them to be busy fighting each other to take it back...

If you're Norse you can try to send the kid on hopeless raid after hopeless raid. Either he bites the dust or emerges a stronger man worthy of the throne. If you're not channeling Thunderdome when building up your dynasty then I don't know what to tell you, brother.

majestic12
Sep 2, 2003

Pete likes coffee
I married him off to someone with a bunch of good claims so he left my direct control until I die, haha :(

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

majestic12 posted:

I married him off to someone with a bunch of good claims so he left my direct control until I die, haha :(

You know what they say, fight fire with fire man!

Your heirs always go bonkers when they are landed, so he might actually get some good traits he won't, don't worry

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Knuc If U Buck posted:

... yes?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

I'd like to introduce you to this thing called anime...

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Knuc If U Buck posted:

Wait, are you implying that there are no fathers and daughters loving? Because that will be wrong man, incest is a game that whole family should enjoy :colbert:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Sometimes it even skips a generation!

I feel gross.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I am playing as the Roman Empire and have had maximum crown authority for centuries. But all of a sudden my duchies are declaring wars on each other. And also declaring wars on their own counties. What the gently caress is going on?

Antinumeric
Nov 27, 2010

BoxGiraffe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I am playing as the Roman Empire and have had maximum crown authority for centuries. But all of a sudden my duchies are declaring wars on each other. And also declaring wars on their own counties. What the gently caress is going on?

Your crown laws only affect duchies that are de jure part of your empire/kingdom. So ones that have no integrated yet can war all they like. You probably just got an unpopular ruler.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Antinumeric posted:

Your crown laws only affect duchies that are de jure part of your empire/kingdom. So ones that have no integrated yet can war all they like. You probably just got an unpopular ruler.

Holy poo poo I had no idea this was the case. Well good to know.

And the goddamned Roman Emperor shouldn't need to be popular. He says to stop fighting then you better stop loving fighting!

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Nov 18, 2013

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
It probably wouldn't be hard to mod Absolute Crown Authority to shut off vassal wars entirely. Might result in a rather barren game though.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Disco Infiva posted:

Your heirs always go bonkers when they are landed

"Hey, I'm heir to a superpower that's about to become one of the most powerful realms on the planet. I'm patient, diligent, just, kind and everyone loves me. There won't even be a problem with succession because my dad was awesome at managing that. Welp, time to marry my lesbian syphilitic cousin and then give her control of my most powerful counties!"

At this point I'm pretty sure there's a hardcoded value called KIDS_RUIN_EVERYTHING that is only set to true for players.

Edit: Also, I have no idea how the hell he managed to land a female character. I wish I could do that.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Knuc If U Buck posted:

I'm still trying to understand how you don't find accidental incest hilarious.

Edit: So it turns out somehow I had a claim on Bohemia while conquering noob island again. Somehow little Ireland managed to beat up Bohemia and get it to surrender. Upon surrendering, the majority of Bohemia disappeared and turned into Poland, leaving me with three provinces. What gives? I'm tempted to just let go of the three I conquered as they're not really worth much, i've just got three heavy infantry retinues sat there to ward off poland for now, but that won't last.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 18, 2013

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
All this talk of accidental incest reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVuQ-juC654

Remember kids, just because it's accidental doesn't make it alright.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Did CKII patch out incest, or did CKII+?

Incest back then did exist but was not really accidental. I'm not pro-incest but like sometimes to preserve the throne you need brother-husband and sister-wife.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Mailer posted:

"Welp, time to marry my lesbian syphilitic countess neighbour matrilineally!"

Fixed.

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011
So have we gotten any hints on what the next big expansion to the game will be? I'm hoping that they finally figure out a way to let us play as Theocracies, though Mercenaries/Holy Orders/Adventurers or inland Republics would also be neat. Maybe a smaller expansion could be some late-game content that you can get in the 1300s onwards, like unlocking gunpowder artillery and some expensive arquebusier regiments along with retooling and reintroducing the Black Death?

Spiderfist Island fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Nov 18, 2013

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Spiderfist Island posted:

So have we gotten any hints on what the next big expansion to the game will be? I'm hoping that they finally figure out a way to let us play as Theocracies, though Mercenaries/Holy Orders/Adventurers or inland Republics would also be neat. Maybe a neat idea for a small expansion could be some late-game content that you can get in the 1300s onwards, like unlocking gunpowder artillery and some expensive arquebusier regiments along with retooling and reintroducing the Black Death?

Seeing gunpowder arrive in the last 100-200 years would do a lot to alleviate the sameyness and tedium that is the late game, most definitely!

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
We probably wont hear anything until after EUIV's DLC is released in January.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What time does the patch/DLC usually go live.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Knuc If U Buck posted:

Knuc telling it like it is as usual. I'm perfectly okay with incest babies being removed from the game. Just because someone is lustful doesn't mean they're going to creep on their own family.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Knuc If U Buck posted:

What time does the patch/DLC usually go live.

https://twitter.com/PdxInteractive/status/402365958393966592

In the end, it all depends on when valve bothers to press the button. There's a history of small releases getting delayed because of steam related gently caress-ups.

Octomon
Mar 5, 2006
If people are still up for a SoA MP game, can you add "tiddles" on steam and message me. I'm in all day here in GMT land.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I don't have the SoI dlc, so maybe this is nothing new, but what in the actual gently caress:

The muslims have finally figured out how to counter my offensive: wait until I'm about to win and then imprison themselves.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
There's only so many nicknames far as I know, is it possible there's another Usama the Just?

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.

Octomon posted:

If people are still up for a SoA MP game, can you add "tiddles" on steam and message me. I'm in all day here in GMT land.

I added you, hopefully we can get a good game going without too much out of sync poo poo.

Also people worried about Steam and delays you can always buy it off other sites that provide Steam keys for the DLC, I did this with the Republic and managed to get it hours before Steam put it on the store.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

DrSunshine posted:

Seeing gunpowder arrive in the last 100-200 years would do a lot to alleviate the sameyness and tedium that is the late game, most definitely!

It'd be damm funny to see people pushing Learning or similar to get those guns as early as possible. Wouldn't it be GRAND? And I'd love to see what people came up with in terms of story.

Heck, guns are part of the Aztec Invasion events, and they still ain't come up with how the Inca have guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I think that while the Aztecs got advanced shipbuilding from Norse explorers, the Inca got guns from Chinese explorers.

• Locked thread