Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Now there's a useful feature. Plus it reminds me, does anyone else use Feedly? Why the hell does the tab blink like it's refreshed occasionally, and never when it would actually be helpful - when there are new unread posts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Just use this for feedly: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/feedly-checker/fpfapfbbibkkcfjmhgmpcnlmocmlnffb

It's like the extension for good reader that did the same thing and I haven't had any issues with it so far. You can set it to open feedly on click instead of opening their dropdown thing, but the dropdown is pretty handy if your feeds are properly tagged/categorized.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

withak posted:

It looks like tabs that make noise now get a little blinking speaker icon next to their title so when some rear end in a top hat website autoplays a loud video in a background tab then you can kill it ASAP.

This is in the beta I tried today.

Also, you can go into Windows 8 Mode if you're using 8 and it'll basically give you Chrome OS inside of Windows. But it's broken at the moment because I'm having an issue where it's all locked up and weird on my laptop so I revered back to stable. It'll be interesting to see how it is when it comes to stable.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Why Chrome lets this black pixel bar over the taskbar when maximized? It's bugging the gently caress out of me. :spergin:

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
My aunt is having a strange problem where her Solitaire app shortcut on the New Tab page is launching with an About:Blank page instead of the game. What's strange is that if you use the App view, it launches fine. If you right click and Copy Link Address for the app shortcut on the New Tab page and paste it in the address bar, it launches fine. But if you click the shortcut, no dice.

Any ideas? I've tried disabling the app in the Extensions menu, verifying that it's no longer on the New Tab page, and then reennabling it and it still launches an About:Blank when you click it. Other Chrome-Extensions apps launch fine, including other games from the New Tab page. It's so strange because everything should be working and there's this one About:Blank error that I can't seem to fix.

snakeater
May 17, 2008

A paranoiac in reverse.
People have been talking a lot about Backtick today.

Backtick posted:

Backtick is a console for bookmarklets and scripts, packaged as a Chrome extension.

It's kind of cool but also pretty pointless, especially without the ability to remove a bunch of the default bookmarklets. Having to create a Gist just to add your own is also pretty silly.

Pretty, though.

Mr. Gravy
Mar 17, 2004

Oh! Mr. Gravy!

VisAbsoluta posted:

Why Chrome lets this black pixel bar over the taskbar when maximized? It's bugging the gently caress out of me. :spergin:
Looks like they've known about it since October 4th. This combined with the width of the dropdown is kinda making me wonder about where the UI is headed.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Mr. Gravy posted:

Looks like they've known about it since October 4th. This combined with the width of the dropdown is kinda making me wonder about where the UI is headed.

It's probably headed towards something like Chrome OS.

The new beta of Chrome has the Chrome OS like thing built in if you go into Windows 8 Mode.

cormac
Dec 18, 2005

I've found a few suggested solutions for this through googling, but none of them worked for me. I can't install any extensions from the app store. every time I try, chrome freezes, and I have to close it through task manager. I've tried reinstalling chrome, creating a new user profile, installing manually from chrome://extensions/ in developer mode and nothing works.

I'm on version 31.0.1650.57m if that makes a difference.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Maybe try the beta channel?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I've been using FLV video downloader but the recent update needs every permission and inserts ads in search results so that's junked. What's everyone else using instead?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

FFStudios posted:

Is there an inherent problem with Chrome that makes Youtube videos buffer forever and then spit out an "Error occurred while playing video" message? If I use a user-agent spoof it seems to work more consistently, and if I actually switch to IE all the videos work no problem. I've tried emptying the cache and deleting all the YouTube cookies and that seems to be a temporary fix which allows me to watch maybe one or two videos before it starts giving me errors again.

This just started happening to me. It's driving me up the loving wall because it works fine in Firefox and Safari, just not in the loving browser made by the company that owns Youtube itself.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Mozi posted:

I've been using FLV video downloader but the recent update needs every permission and inserts ads in search results so that's junked. What's everyone else using instead?

Same issue here, gently caress the developer. Uninstalled but I don't have an alternative.

baka kaba posted:

I've had sites I've visited straight-up not appear in my history at all. No incognito mode, no other browser, just not there.

I've experienced this bug sporadically but consistently the entire time I have used Google Chrome, since its inception.

Butt Savage
Aug 23, 2007

Mozi posted:

I've settled with copying and pasting the link in Firefox and using DownloadHelper. Sometimes you have no better choice than to use your other set of tools.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Not sure this is the right thread to ask, but it seems more appropriate than others, so apologies if it's way out of the proper thread.

Google Music - Chrome version 31.0.whatever that's a lot of loving numbers - latest stable version. Google Music just sucks at buffering music Plays for five seconds then stops and does gently caress all. Maybe it's related to the YouTube problem you guys are getting? I just loaded Google Music into IE and it works perfectly loving fine, which drives me nuts.

Macichne Leainig fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Nov 20, 2013

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Mozi posted:

What web sites are you using it on? If you're willing to muck around with Group Policy, you can install YouTube Options, which claims to support several major sites. It also makes YouTube not suck as much, so that's a plus.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Having a weird problem. Whenever I click the username in a quote to go back to that post, hitting back in Chrome no longer returns me to my original page position. I tried firefox to see if it was a problem with the forums, but it works properly there so I guess Chrome's loving something up.

Is anyone else having this? And how can I fix it, because it's really annoying.

Serious Sam
Feb 15, 2008

Never underestimate the power of stupid things in large numbers!

Wrist Watch posted:

Having a weird problem. Whenever I click the username in a quote to go back to that post, hitting back in Chrome no longer returns me to my original page position. I tried firefox to see if it was a problem with the forums, but it works properly there so I guess Chrome's loving something up.

Is anyone else having this? And how can I fix it, because it's really annoying.

Nope, works fine on Chrome here.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

A couple of my Facebook and Twitter friends have gone off the Tumblr deep end and post/retweet several, often upsetting and sometimes completely hyperbolic/histrionic social justice news items per day and it's really loving irritating because I like to use those services for entertainment and communication and not reading about the problematic behavior of such and such celebrity a hundred times a day.

Anyway, to cut to the chase, I recently started using Tumblr Savior to finally make my Tumblr dashboard mostly about bugs, video games, and stupid animal gifs again. My question is: Is there an equivalent for Twitter and Facebook?

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
Is anyone else having issues with Chrome and the Hangouts extension? For the last couple of weeks Chrome has been randomly crashing when I alt+tab away from an active Hangouts window. There's absolutely no rhyme or reason, the browser just hard crashes. I'm having a hard time finding an exact work flow that causes Hangouts to crash, too, since sometimes alt+tabbing works fine and other times it causes a crash.

In an effort to troubleshoot this I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome and Hangouts, but the problem persists. I've even tried switching Chrome from Beta to General Release, but that doesn't fix anything either. What's worse, Chrome doesn't even leave crash reports for me to analyze to try and find the culprit. And since Chrome doesn't crash on its own when the Hangouts extension is disabled I'm positive that it's the extension itself.

This computer is the only one that I experience this problem on - the same setup on my desktop works just fine. I'm currently running Chrome 32.0.1700.19 beta-m Aura and Hangouts 2013.1106.433.2.

IAmKale fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Nov 26, 2013

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Mak0rz posted:

A couple of my Facebook and Twitter friends have gone off the Tumblr deep end and post/retweet several, often upsetting and sometimes completely hyperbolic/histrionic social justice news items per day and it's really loving irritating because I like to use those services for entertainment and communication and not reading about the problematic behavior of such and such celebrity a hundred times a day.

Anyway, to cut to the chase, I recently started using Tumblr Savior to finally make my Tumblr dashboard mostly about bugs, video games, and stupid animal gifs again. My question is: Is there an equivalent for Twitter and Facebook?

content: You can click the arrow on the top right of Facebook posts to hide updates from that user.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

It took me a while to realize what the point of this was. Well done :golfclap:

Michael Scott posted:

content: You can click the arrow on the top right of Facebook posts to hide updates from that user.

Yeah, I've done that for one of them already. Thing is they sometimes post things I want to see when they're not literally shaking and screaming because someone dressed as Mulan for Halloween. It would be nice to just filter that out.

That said, Facebook's feed customization is still pretty well-done, so I won't necessarily miss such a plugin for it and instead do what you suggested. The one for Twitter is more desired.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
You're approaching an issue of content filtering and contextual awareness that has been a problem historically for computers in general to deal with. Humans like you or I are much better able to determine what category a post like that would fit into and if we should hide it; a computer would make many more mistakes. It's an interesting problem!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Michael Scott posted:

You're approaching an issue of content filtering and contextual awareness that has been a problem historically for computers in general to deal with. Humans like you or I are much better able to determine what category a post like that would fit into and if we should hide it; a computer would make many more mistakes. It's an interesting problem!

Except Tumblr Savior can block posts that contain certain words at the user's request and works just fine? :confused:. That's really all I want here. I'm not asking Chrome to read my mind.

Vinigre
Feb 18, 2011

Prepare your bladder for imminent release!
I've tried searching for an answer to this, hoping it would be a simple thing to solve, but evidently not. I fired up Firefox a few days ago and noticed that when I navigate back or forward, the page loads instantly, and is where I was last time I was on it. I'm guessing Firefox caches pages in some way to accomplish this. Well, I really like that, and now I want to know if there is a way to have Chrome behave that way, instead of it reloading the page when I navigate.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
My spellcheck has stopped working. I right click the red underlined word and click the correctly spelled word that appears in the box but the word doesn't change. This is devastating as the combined forces of autocorrect and in-browser spell checking has completely robbed me of the ability to spell even the most baysick of words. Anyone know a fix or encountered the same problem?

I am running version 31.0.1650.57 m

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer

Vinigre posted:

I've tried searching for an answer to this, hoping it would be a simple thing to solve, but evidently not. I fired up Firefox a few days ago and noticed that when I navigate back or forward, the page loads instantly, and is where I was last time I was on it. I'm guessing Firefox caches pages in some way to accomplish this. Well, I really like that, and now I want to know if there is a way to have Chrome behave that way, instead of it reloading the page when I navigate.

I don't think Chrome does reload the page on forward/back navigation, though?

If I go to my bookmarked threads and open an updated thread, hitting Back will take me to my SA user control panel, with the old number of posts still visible.

OppyDoppyDopp
Feb 17, 2012
Does anyone know why Google Maps in street view will occasionally become 'stuck' to the mouse and rotate the view to match the mouse movements? It makes doing a 180 degree turn impossible (the view will snap back when the mouse is moved too far in any direction) and is infuriating to use.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance
Any suggestions for a moue gesture extension that works with Chrome system pages (settings, extensions, history, etc) and isn't a big clunky pile of poo poo like Pig Toolbox?

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I'm having an issue with Chrome on both my PC's after removing PrinceBlink and Honey, and reinstalling the apps doesn't fix the issue:

Anybody know how to fix this exaclty? Amazon is completely broken :(

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

Xovaan posted:

I'm having an issue with Chrome on both my PC's after removing PrinceBlink and Honey, and reinstalling the apps doesn't fix the issue:

Anybody know how to fix this exaclty? Amazon is completely broken :(

Does this issue exist in incognito? Can you replicate it in a new Chrome profile?

Movendi
Aug 20, 2008
Does anyone know of some type of history tracking extension that functions like SA Last Read but for any web page?

When researching for a topic, i go on a tab clicking frenzy that could last for a week and I can't remember which webpage or article I might have previously read. Or I might have read only half the article but i can't remember at which paragraph i stopped reading.

Ideally i just want some type of indicator on the current page that displays: last visit time and how many visits in total.

And if there is another solution where I can easily mark the last read paragraph for any type of blog/article/forum.

Also, what is a good tracking system for when you make posts and you don't have a email reminder setup if new responses are made. It would be much simpler to have one central list that shows all the posts, pm's, blog comments in various sites that you have made.

Suggestions?

CruJones
Feb 22, 2006

by Lowtax
Hope this isn't :filez:, but I need to pull some audio off of a website for a legitimate educational reason. Is there a good, recommended extension or app for that? I've been pulling them straight from Chrome's developer tools, but that's quit working for me for some reason.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

CruJones posted:

Hope this isn't :filez:, but I need to pull some audio off of a website for a legitimate educational reason. Is there a good, recommended extension or app for that? I've been pulling them straight from Chrome's developer tools, but that's quit working for me for some reason.

What's the site? Knowing what technology is being used would be very helpful.

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

I have zero interest in marriage.

Tha Chodesweller posted:

Not sure this is the right thread to ask, but it seems more appropriate than others, so apologies if it's way out of the proper thread.

Google Music - Chrome version 31.0.whatever that's a lot of loving numbers - latest stable version. Google Music just sucks at buffering music Plays for five seconds then stops and does gently caress all. Maybe it's related to the YouTube problem you guys are getting? I just loaded Google Music into IE and it works perfectly loving fine, which drives me nuts.

try going to settings and enabling HTML 5 player in Music Labs.

idk if it'll fix it, sounds weird.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
You could use Audacity to record the "audio out" source. It has different names depending on your sound card/drivers.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
The new UI controls on Windows are...interesting.

I'm honestly wondering who's in charge of that over there, because it seems like the styles are rather disparate, especially when you start to consider the more esoteric HTML5 controls like the date picker and such. And I must say, I've never thought about how much I used the up/down scroll bar chevrons until they were gone.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Blue Moonlight posted:

The new UI controls on Windows are...interesting.

I'm honestly wondering who's in charge of that over there, because it seems like the styles are rather disparate, especially when you start to consider the more esoteric HTML5 controls like the date picker and such. And I must say, I've never thought about how much I used the up/down scroll bar chevrons until they were gone.

What new ui controls? Did chrome update again?

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

ThermoPhysical posted:

What new ui controls? Did chrome update again?

I forget - I think I'm on the beta channel at work, so they might still be coming down the pipe. But if it is beta, I hope they settle down and either get one unified look-and-feel or return to OS native.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
I have a multi monitor setup, and I want to keep youtube videos in full screen on one screen while still browsing the web on another screen, I can not currently figure out how to do this with Chrome. Is this possible? I am running Chrome 32.