Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Install Windows posted:

nah, but i doubt that thing is going to be any more pleasant to work with

honestly i'd take a pile of linux scripts over the crap nvidia used to shovel at you to write CUDA

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

JawnV6 posted:

honestly i'd take a pile of linux scripts over the crap nvidia used to shovel at you to write CUDA

yeah but this thing is just slapping together two arm cores and a bunch of these smaller cores and then expecting you to come up with massively paralellizable taskload to actually use it, and i get the sense that most of the people actually buying it don't have the first clue how to do that nor would they have anything that needs that

it seems like its gonna be about as much use as recreational Cell processor programming

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
i would expect their tooling to be of a higher quality than CUDA and your point is entirely orthogonal to that. cuda literally has the "same" problem fwiw

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

bobbilljim posted:

Yeah that's wellington in a nutshell
hell yeah wellington owns

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

quote:

We have made the difficult decision to delay shipping Sansaire units January 30th. We know that this is disappointing news for all of you since it means you won’t have your Sansaire in-hand during the end-of-year holidays. We are deeply sorry for this delay, but we believe it’s necessary for reasons we’d like to explain below.

This past week, Lukas visited our factory in China to inspect a trial production run of the Sansaire. In many regards, the factory has exceeded our expectations – the units have never looked better, the assembly line was efficient and cohesive (particularly for a first run), and our manufacturer was able to instantly implement changes we recommended, such as refining the temperature calibration process.

Unfortunately, we discovered an issue that does not meet our standards. The detachable back housing is currently not secure enough and can become detached if enough force is applied. The tolerances we thought we had are proving to not be enough. We have already begun implementing a solution but it requires retooling our injection-mold, which is a 60-day process.

We have debated amongst ourselves whether we should make these tooling changes now and delay shipping, or start a production run for our backers and pre-order customers now and delay tooling for later. Though we are eager to start shipping, it’s critically important for us to deliver on our promise of quality, safety and reliability from the get-go. This is a product that we want you to use for years to come. This was not a decision we took lightly, and we know how disappointing this news is for you to hear. We are doing everything in our power to move this process along as quickly as possible, and we promise to keep you updated along the way.

If you are a Kickstarter backer, we thank you again for your support and patience while we get through this delay. If you have pre-ordered a Sansaire on our website and this announcement affects your plans, you may cancel your pre-order without being charged by logging in to your account Sansaire.com and clicking “cancel” next to your order. You will forfeit your place in line once orders begin to ship, but you will not incur any charges on your card.

Thank you all for your incredible support and patience as we bring the Sansaire to life. Despite this schedule setback, we’re more excited and determined than ever to deliver the Sansaire to your doorstep.

Sincerely,

The Sansaire Team

big surprise! (i guess it's a good thing though i'm not panicking yet. not that i'd panic over 200 bucks).

hopefully the physical unit is higher quality than their website

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

that sounds much more legitmate than most kickstarters which are "weve had a delay die to some unforseen issues" which is code word for their chinese manufacturer screwing something up and not telling them

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

big surprise! (i guess it's a good thing though i'm not panicking yet. not that i'd panic over 200 bucks).

hopefully the physical unit is higher quality than their website

this seems like an issue they couldve fixed before the product went into fullscale production, right? afaik re-doing an injection mould is not exactly a simple process...

anyway, cancel youre order an get this thing: http://www.sousvides.com/

same price and actually made of metal by a reallab equipment manfuacturer. and actually shipping to real people right now.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

lol isnt this the one kickstarter yospos went nuts over? of course its dimb poo poo for idiots

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Werthog 95 posted:

lol isnt this the one kickstarter yospos went nuts over? of course its dimb poo poo for idiots

i went nuts over it but then didn't buy it because i know not to buy shitfarter poo poo. :colbert:

also i decided that i shouldn't buy one until ive proved that i can make one myself. which means i'll never get one

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

WorkingPeer posted:

this seems like an issue they couldve fixed before the product went into fullscale production, right? afaik re-doing an injection mould is not exactly a simple process...

same price and actually made of metal by a reallab equipment manfuacturer. and actually shipping to real people right now.

sorry no. not gonna cook with something morkais wife would enjoy

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jendinger/reddart-karma-come-to-life
this is probably the kickstarter i would most not want the rewards from

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

got my roost kickstarter thing in the mail a few weeks ago, so far it owns bones

first physical kickstarter success thing from me

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

WorkingPeer posted:

this site is somehow shadier than kickstarter

howd they do that

hell if i can get actual confirmation that this is a product that ships ill do this instead but those are some fancy mockups on the screens

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

this site is somehow shadier than kickstarter

howd they do that

hell if i can get actual confirmation that this is a product that ships ill do this instead but those are some fancy mockups on the screens

it's real and shipping. in fact its been out long enough for them to have cut the price by $100.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMGIb2WFQBU
http://www.seriouseats.com/2013/09/equipment-we-test-the-199-sous-vide-circulato.html
http://www.theblackpeppercorn.com/2013/10/anova-sous-vide-immersion-circulator-product-review/

the company is legit afaik. they're a lab equipment company:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
good to know that i could sous vide my sperm abd urine samples as well if i wanted

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
[url=http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1299255827/red-a-cyberpunk-fairytale-volume-1?ref=recently_launched]RED: A cyberpunk fairytale[/ulr]

i bet you're wondering what that means, huh? heres a sales pitch:

quote:

A sci-fi version of Little Red Riding Hood. Red, a member of a private security firm, must fight to survive in a violent world.

The Comic: Red: A Cyberpunk Fairytale Vol. 1 is an 80 page graphic novel created by Daniel Velez and Sean Stephens. Inspired by the classic fairytale Little Red Riding Hood, it tells the story of Red, a member of a private security firm. She lives, works, and fights to survive in a futuristic world that is spiraling into a violent police state. When Red's grandmother falls victim to a bio-terror attack, Red will unravel a mystery involving the terror group known as the Lords of the Fourth Order, the megacorporation known as Canis, as well as the most clandestine levels of government.

i feel like everytime someone wants to make something in a specific setting the first thing that is created for that setting is a red riding hood version of it. i am willing to bet that d&d first edition had a red riding hood campaign included. anyway, if this is successful i feel like we should look forward to seeing things like "sleeping" a dramatic retelling of the seven cyber dwarves

anyway the art is the kind of laughable bullshit you'd expect

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

hubris.height posted:

[url=http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1299255827/red-a-cyberpunk-fairytale-volume-1?ref=recently_launched]RED: A cyberpunk fairytale[/ulr]

i bet you're wondering what that means, huh? heres a sales pitch:

i feel like everytime someone wants to make something in a specific setting the first thing that is created for that setting is a red riding hood version of it. i am willing to bet that d&d first edition had a red riding hood campaign included. anyway, if this is successful i feel like we should look forward to seeing things like "sleeping" a dramatic retelling of the seven cyber dwarves

anyway the art is the kind of laughable bullshit you'd expect

if your theory were true there should already be a little red riding hood cyberpunk thing out there right?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
isnt there already a comic book + movie called red

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

WorkingPeer posted:

it's real and shipping. in fact its been out long enough for them to have cut the price by $100.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMGIb2WFQBU
http://www.seriouseats.com/2013/09/equipment-we-test-the-199-sous-vide-circulato.html
http://www.theblackpeppercorn.com/2013/10/anova-sous-vide-immersion-circulator-product-review/

the company is legit afaik. they're a lab equipment company:

welp dont suppose i can cancel my kickstarter

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

if your theory were true there should already be a little red riding hood cyberpunk thing out there right?

there must be but i hadn't thought of it. perhaps its just since that grimdark alice game every fairytale needs to be juxtaposed into a new universe of grim darkness. that new telltale games game is pretty good but every other example of this that i can readily recall has been really bad thusfar

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

hubris.height posted:

there must be but i hadn't thought of it. perhaps its just since that grimdark alice game every fairytale needs to be juxtaposed into a new universe of grim darkness. that new telltale games game is pretty good but every other example of this that i can readily recall has been really bad thusfar

i would like it if instead of little red riding hood they did an alice in wonderland thing instead. alice is a much better story. less rapey and more interesting

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
you thought you knew this beloved children's fairytale well think again because this tale is dark and hosed up motherfucker

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
american mcgee's hansel and gretel

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

prefect posted:

clive barker's the three little pigs

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

prefect posted:

don't give them ideas

the second alice game was a fun action game but at a certain point it did get super rapey and beyond grimdark just for the sake of grim dark. it could have ended at the underwater level tbqh

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

prefect posted:

did this not actually exist? i kinda just assumed it did

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

penus de milo posted:

you thought you knew this beloved children's fairytale well think again because this tale is dark and hosed up motherfucker

the original red riding hood is already dark and hosed up anyway

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

welp dont suppose i can cancel my kickstarter

so, i did some calculations based on what that guy says in the video (27 to 60 degrees C in 21 minutes in about 5L of water) and it turns out they're only using an 800w element in that thing, when 1500w and upwards are easily available. and would be more convenient. my guess is that it means they can use an surface mount ssr, but i'm not an engineer so idk...

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
just put your water vessel on the stove til it gets really hot then put in your sous vide wand

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
i'm thinking for my own design purposes. but yes, if i bought this thing i'd actually heat up the water in an electric kettle.

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

WorkingPeer posted:

i'm thinking for my own design purposes. but yes, if i bought this thing i'd actually heat up the water in an electric kettle.

What, to shave a couple minutes off your 48 hour cook time?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Cream_Filling posted:

the original red riding hood is already dark and hosed up anyway

not really

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Al! posted:

good to know that i could sous vide my sperm abd urine samples as well if i wanted

precise heating has not stopped me from preparing my bodily fluids to perfection

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

im the hannibal lecter of well seasoned golden showers

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

sund posted:

What, to shave a couple minutes off your 48 hour cook time?

depends what youre cooking. chicken breast or salmon fillets only take like 20-30 mins so yeah the warm-up time does matter.

and apparently it's a 1000w coil.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bitcoin-dark-wallet

I think this campaign speaks for itself

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
OMFG WHY IS THERE SO MUCH BITCOIN poo poo

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bitcoin-expert-advisor - I'M A PROFESSIONAL GUYS, I GOT THIS

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/american-bitcoin-community-qr-deposit-card-not-just-for-bitcoiners

Ima just post a quote from this piece of poo poo

quote:

$25USD
AmBit Black QR Card
This is for the total bitcoin enthusiast. Its the AmBit BLACK card. There is no other way to show your social status in bitcoin circles. For anyone who has ever wanted an ultra exclusive Black credit card, now's your chance to receive your Black Bitcoin card. This is our top membership and offers the most perks.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bitcoin-mining-array--2 - gimme your money so I can make a stupidly powerful computer to mine bitcoins

bitcoins

bitcoins

btw, i'm giving 25% to local charities, and if you pledge $1000 you're entitled to equity

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bitcoin-mining-hadware-500-gz - HELP ME BUY ONE OF THOSE BULLSHIT BUTTERFLYLABS BITCOIN MINING MACHINES THAT STILL AREN'T SHIPPING (i think)

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
BITCOINS

BITCOINS

BITCOINS

BITCOINS

BITCOINS

BITCOINS

BITCOINS

BITCOINS