Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
1) I'll definitely read the first few chapters of your book today, it'll be a good way to pass time before an appointment.

2) Will you ever do Surviving Edged Weapons?

Edit: I forgot how gory this movie was. I just remembered the sillier re-enactment scenes.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Nov 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

rereedrumr posted:

I sing at weddings. Hit me up.

I just watched the Thor Rifftrax last night because I saw the sequel the night that came out. I hope you croon a good Foo Fighters song, and that Dave Grohl hasn't sent you a cease-and-desist yet.

rereedrumr
Sep 11, 2006
We Are Re-Ree

hayden. posted:

I thought I saw on twitter a long time ago that Lowtax went to CA to record another rifftrax. Whatever happened to that?

We didn't record anything last time Lowtax was out here. It was probably close to a year ago. He definitely showed us a lot of terrible movies though.

rereedrumr
Sep 11, 2006
We Are Re-Ree

RandomPauI posted:

1) I'll definitely read the first few chapters of your book today, it'll be a good way to pass time before an appointment.

2) Will you ever do Surviving Edged Weapons?

Edit: I forgot how gory this movie was. I just remembered the sillier re-enactment scenes.

1. Nice! Hope you enjoy it and that the appointment is for something good (I know appointments usually are.)

2. Haven't heard of it but will check it out. "Gory" in the description is usually a bit of a red flag though, unless it's poorly done enough to make it goofy.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rereedrumr posted:

2. Haven't heard of it but will check it out. "Gory" in the description is usually a bit of a red flag though, unless it's poorly done enough to make it goofy.

I don't know if there's even a complete version of "Surviving Edged Weapons" out there. Yeah, It probably wouldn't fly for Rifftrax but it's still fun to watch.

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

rereedrumr posted:

We didn't record anything last time Lowtax was out here. It was probably close to a year ago. He definitely showed us a lot of terrible movies though.

I like the idea of Lowtax as some sort of awful movie consultant

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Sanguinary Novel posted:

I like the idea of Lowtax as some sort of awful movie consultant

If you run a website called Something Awful, you better be an expert in terrible garbage.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Will there ever be a VOD of Santa With Muscles?

I need it.

If there's ever a Hulk Hogan movie that deserves the Rifftrax treatment, it's No Holds Barred. It's too perfect a target. I would pay triple price for a Rifftrax of No Holds Barred.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

rereedrumr posted:

It's a police training film. Most of the movie is ridiculous - it features:

Canadian accents
A 2001-inspired scene where a caveman kills another caveman.
A Satanic Cult lady in whiteface who attacks police with a sacrificial dagger.
A hispanic man in a business suit killing a police officer with a knife disguised as a pen.
A man wielding a katana killing a police officer.
A rich guy who owns a porche and has a lot of hidden knives.
A lecture where a cop says he's "not gonna die in no ghetto".
Warnings about throwing stars, knife culture, the liberal courts, and baseball caps with razor blades taped to the back.

Unfortunately it also contains autopsy images because it's a training film and they want police to take the threats seriously. I forgot about them because I usually look away and fast forward during them.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Gavok posted:

If there's ever a Hulk Hogan movie that deserves the Rifftrax treatment, it's No Holds Barred. It's too perfect a target. I would pay triple price for a Rifftrax of No Holds Barred.

Refresh my memory, it's been awhile since I've perused the filmography of the Hulkster. Is that the "DOODY?!" one?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Refresh my memory, it's been awhile since I've perused the filmography of the Hulkster. Is that the "DOODY?!" one?

Indeed it is. The movie where Hogan plays Rip, who is Hulk Hogan with a different name and color scheme, as he fights the ever-invincible evil wrestler ZEUS.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hey Rereedrumr love the work you guys do. Please please please please look into Kill Crazy its terrible and awesome and Netflix currently has the craptacular live action Fist of The North Star from 1991 with Downtown Julie Brown. It makes Super Mario Brothers look like arthouse cinema. I look forward to seeing the next live show, and whenever you guys breeze into Austin cause that's awesome good times.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Gavok posted:

Indeed it is. The movie where Hogan plays Rip, who is Hulk Hogan with a different name and color scheme, as he fights the ever-invincible evil wrestler ZEUS.

I loved that movie when I was a kid.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

MST3K Thanksgiving Day marathon returns:

http://io9.com/mystery-science-theater-thanksgiving-day-marathon-retu-1467455682

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

GreenNight posted:

I loved that movie when I was a kid.

Everyone did. 80's kids had no taste.

Next question:

The internet is buzzing over this bad 80's Canadian movie called Things.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0052G4P26/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1384902278&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

Have you guys seen it?

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Speaking of which, I'd love to see a Rifftrax (or How Did This Get Made, for that matter) of The Wizard.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
New VOD.
"Swamp of the Ravens"
http://www.rifftrax.com/vod/swamp-ravens

quote:

Yes, it’s an utterly baffling horror film about a mad doctor who believes death is simply an evolution and that every woman wants to sleep with him. Yes, he is laughed out of the academy and moves his decency-defying research to a swamp in Ecuador, as one does. Yes, he’s investigated by a sheriff who can only be described as a chunk of swarthy walking meat, and who also believes that every woman wants to sleep with him.

But MORE THAN ANY OF THIS, Swamp of the Ravens is a vehicle for an original song about being in love with a dead robot that will change the way you view songs, movies, songs in movies, robots, dead robots, living robots, and love itself. Seriously, we haven’t been so infatuated with a song since Damien Carter taught us all about “Hangin’ Out With [His] Family” in Birdemic, and we know you’ll love it just as much as we do. You poor souls.

Oh and also, there are no ravens in the titular raven swamp. Just buzzards. Really, it’s a heck of a movie.

So grab the dead robot you love most and join Mike, Kevin, and Bill for Swamp of the Ravens! No ravens required!

rereedrumr
Sep 11, 2006
We Are Re-Ree

Next question:

The internet is buzzing over this bad 80's Canadian movie called Things.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0052G4P26/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1384902278&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

Have you guys seen it?

This is one that we watched with Lowtax when he was out here last. And I believe the time before that as well...

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Excellent! I'd been jonesing for something new.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

What the gently caress did I just watch?

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
That movie was.. really.. something. Did anyone work out any of that song's lyrics, because I was having some serious trouble telling what the hell he was saying.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
Is that an actual dead guy during the autopsy scene in Swamp of the Ravens? It's pretty convincing, and I'm not sure whether it's more likely that they made a really good prop or if this low budget movie filmed in Ecuador just bought a cadaver.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Bedurndurn posted:

Is that an actual dead guy during the autopsy scene in Swamp of the Ravens? It's pretty convincing, and I'm not sure whether it's more likely that they made a really good prop or if this low budget movie filmed in Ecuador just bought a cadaver.

By all accounts I've seen, yeah that was a real corpse being cut open. Also there was a two minute scene of the crazy doctor fellow loving the corpse of his girlfriend, but that got cut out of the version Rifftrax used.

All around this was a truly classy production, as you can tell.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I need someone to cover that robot lady song.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Wandering Knitter posted:

I need someone to cover that robot lady song.

This might just be the project that can reunite the Band that Played California Lady.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Santa's Village Of Madness is out now on DVD/VOD.

quote:

Ah, Christmas. That magical time of year when Santa travels all over the universe by means of the fifth dimension, (which his close friend Merlin invented in a floating space castle), delivering toys that were made by a skunk in a factory overseen by a wolf in a village whose head of security, Puss in Boots, occasionally has to fend off giant ogres.

A story so familiar and comforting, it’s like wrapping yourself in a warm blanket. By which we mean it’s so insane and twisted, it makes the Ice Cream Bunny look like Tiny Tim Cratchit.

Christmas with RiffTrax: Santa’s Village of Madness is three shorts from the mad mind of K. Gordon Murray, who brought you the MST3K episode Santa Claus. Featuring cheap mascot costumes, terrifying music, an utter lack of coherence and a Santa who appears to have been dead for most of the shoot, they are some of the most astounding things we have ever laid eyes on, and will quickly become a new yuletide tradition, provided your eggnog is adequately spiked.

Mike, Kevin and Bill will be your hosts throughout your journey, introducing each short with their best brave faces as they stare into the abyss of Christmas Skunks and magic flowers that subvert the space/time continuum!

This DVD includes bonus shorts: What's Happening, Let's Pretend: Magic Sneakers, Join Hands Let Go, and Aesop's Sound Fables: Frozen Frolics!

quote:

it’s so insane and twisted, it makes the Ice Cream Bunny look like Tiny Tim Cratchit.
:stare:

e: Oh wait, apparently this was a VOD that came out last Christmas but it just got released on DVD.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 26, 2013

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
Nice, someone actually assembled the lyrics from Swamp of the Ravens, kind of sort of!

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
Joel is hosting a 6 episode Turkey Day marathon on Youtube starting at 12PM EST. Since it took me several minutes to find a link to the drat thing, I'll share it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_jrJCRlItM

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
And they're starting strong with Space Mutiny!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

What's the movie list so far? I don't have access to a computer. :(

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Jiro posted:

What's the movie list so far? I don't have access to a computer. :(

Space Mutity, I Accuse My Parents, Werewolf, and currently Cave Dwellers.

jedibeavis
Mar 23, 2004

Bag 'em & tag 'em, Sarah!

Excuse me, Agent Walker.
Space Mutiny, I Accuse My Parents, Werewolf, Cave Dwellers so far. And now it's The Final Sacrifice.

jedibeavis fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Nov 29, 2013

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I was totally expecting it to end with Manos, so I was pleasantly surprised when the last movie was Mitchell.

It was great but man... for an MST marathon it was too short.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Somebody on Tumblr made this cool image:

Trouble is, I can't identify all of them. I worked out most of them but the rest have me stumped.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Rifftrax has a Black Friday sale going on with coupon code "friday" to take a 20% discount off your entire purchase. Plus if you spend more than $20, you get a $5 certificate for next time.

And this may be old news, but apparently they now have Nestor up as a VOD. I grabbed that, the Star Wars Holiday Special VOD and (finally) Guy from Harlem.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Somebody on Tumblr made this cool image:

Trouble is, I can't identify all of them. I worked out most of them but the rest have me stumped.

Let me see which ones you don't have labeled before I answer again...

Edit: It look to me like you have them all except the 3 characters in the bottom row with the cloaks, and the 2 characters in the bottom right corner. Is that clown thing next to Neutron from Neutron?

RagingBoner fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Nov 29, 2013

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Decided to browse the VOD's and see if there were any I don't have.

I don't remember any of these VOD's coming out, but I got Incredible Hulk: The Final Round, The Crater Lake Monster, and The Boy in the Plastic Bubble. So now I think I have every VOD.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
That was a really good sale. I bought Manos Live, Supersonic Man, Star Wars Holiday Special, about seven shorts (including the Normans) and the X-Men 3 riff for $30 after using the coupon and a separate order to use the $5 credit.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
With this sale around, is there a list of must-have Rifftrax? I haven't bought any in quite some time, got my "haven't seen you for a while" email a couple months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Guy from Harlem
Silent Rage
The Apple

My top three anyway.

• Locked thread