Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ducktales Blogger
Nov 2, 2013

by angerbeet

Stern fans are basically bizarro-world O&A Pests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Vakal posted:

Yeah, I always have to remind myself that Howard was not an only child and has a sister.

It seems to be the one thing he barely acknowledges which I'm sure is because she had a normal relationship with Ray and Ben.

From what Howard's said (so who can say how accurate it is), his sister hates public attention (so she was a-okay with Howard taking all if it) and their father liked her more than Howard. Their mother liked Howard more, and his sister would have huge fights with their mother.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
As far as I know he and his sister get along well. She appeared here and there in the very, very early New York days and they mostly just reminisced over their mom driving them insane with her neurotic behavior.

There's a clip that used to be(or maybe still is) out there where she and Howard fight over I think it was US Open Sores tickets.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
Yeah, Howard's sister has definitely been on the show before, and has called in since at least the Sirius years started.
They actually seem to have a pretty normal relationship.

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp
Lisa G is going to kill herself

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Sean_Miller posted:

Lisa G is going to kill herself

Why?

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

She was dead last out of 21 on this mornings internal poll on who was the most popular person on the staff.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Geekslinger posted:

She was dead last out of 21 on this mornings internal poll on who was the most popular person on the staff.

Internal? Like, among the staff members? Excellent. :smuggo:

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Geekslinger posted:

Doesn't she have some kind of Coconut Coworker Macaroon recipe that will remedy this?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

You'd think someone with boobs that big would be more popular.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Well maybe if she didnt take shits at work...

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
I did a double-take when I saw this afternoon's top story on CNN.

Cadence
Dec 31, 2007

jimma posted:

I did a double-take when I saw this afternoon's top story on CNN.

Evidence Ralph is doubling-up on his stylist jobs?

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Resigned with AGT :negative:

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

My friend works on AGT and just posted this to Facebook:

"Welcome Back Howard!!!! See ya later summer in LA..... "

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp
I don't know if I can take another year of how Howard meditates in his dressing room or Howie Mandel's habits. Talking about AGT is auditory saltpeter.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Sean_Miller posted:

I don't know if I can take another year of how Howard meditates in his dressing room or Howie Mandel's habits. Talking about AGT is auditory saltpeter.

What's the alternative at this point in the show though? I'd rather listen to that than what Howard has on is iPod.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Howard's OCD talk about germs is extremely annoying. Way to be a stereotypical neurotic Jew, Howard.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
So was any mention ever made about the shitcanning of DePace and the rest of the TV team? Or did it just 'never come up'?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

So was any mention ever made about the shitcanning of DePace and the rest of the TV team? Or did it just 'never come up'?

"It's a whole thing, Robin. Don't ask."

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
This ain't hot rod magazine pal!

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT

Ducktales Blogger posted:

Are you supposed to put one of these on and just reach into your rear end in a top hat and scoop the poop out?

Ducktales Blogger
Nov 2, 2013

by angerbeet

Ether Frenzy posted:

I don't understand what this poster is saying, Robin

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

I don't understand what this poster is saying, Robin

Listen Ducktales Blogger, I gotta go

Pilot Jim
Aug 23, 2007
I'm a turtle. I'm a big turtle, and I'm pregnant.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Pilot Jim posted:

I'm a turtle. I'm a big turtle, and I'm pregnant.

I used to date a professional hypnotherapist, so I know a lot about how it works. As soon as Howard mentioned it, I knew that Sal was going to be the ultimate subject. Sal did not disappoint, although he definitely demonstrated the limits of his creativity.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Seriously how the gently caress does he not even mention these guys who were with the show over twenty years? The last guy to leave the show was Langford and Howard at least gave some mention to that, and Langford was only there for a few years.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

:lol: Howard getting bumped on Letterman by Jennifer Lawrence. I like this.

But of course like anything that might actually bother Howard they rush right past it.

TASTE THE PAIN!! fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Nov 20, 2013

Vakal
May 11, 2008

an adult beverage posted:

Seriously how the gently caress does he not even mention these guys who were with the show over twenty years? The last guy to leave the show was Langford and Howard at least gave some mention to that, and Langford was only there for a few years.

I think it's pretty clear that once you are off the show, Howard is done with you, regardless of the circumstances.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

It's great. When a guy with "Chimney" in his username is posting poo poo like this

You can't help but laugh.

http://www.dawgshed.com/showthread.php/93253-***-The-NEW-quot-Beth-FACE-quot-Thread!!!-***/page11

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Alright, nevermind all this nonsense. I'm going to talk about reality. I'm going to talk about VIETNAM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFLgT1D4uEI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bNzkIlH8Ic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwfvnpBhAGQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ussHBoBs0m4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55H0M2N-oA4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7RwvGehkc4

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The show was funny when Stuttering John was on it. The "Artie Era" popularity is simply holdover from the shrapnel residuals of John's true and unrecognized abilities as the one of the great all time poo poo-stirrers.

(I just listened to "KC & Stuttering John Argue Whether John Could Play Pro Football")

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Sal backed into the stupid corner again on the Wrap Up show, and he is getting angry and psychotic. Love it!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Squashy Nipples posted:

Sal backed into the stupid corner again on the Wrap Up show, and he is getting angry and psychotic. Love it!

What's he fighting about? Dumb, angry Sal is a riot.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Ether Frenzy posted:

The show was funny when Stuttering John was on it. The "Artie Era" popularity is simply holdover from the shrapnel residuals of John's true and unrecognized abilities as the one of the great all time poo poo-stirrers.

(I just listened to "KC & Stuttering John Argue Whether John Could Play Pro Football")

I disagree about Artie not being funny without John or John remnants, but I totally agree that John was great for the show. I'm listening to a bunch of old episodes and John was fantastic for the show. I'm surprised how many fans hated/hate him even before the Jay Leno poo poo. Besides Howard and Artie, John was the best part of the show.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

John always seemed to rank #1 on those "Who on the show do you hate the most/Who is the biggest scumbag" surveys.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

an adult beverage posted:

I disagree about Artie not being funny without John or John remnants, but I totally agree that John was great for the show. I'm listening to a bunch of old episodes and John was fantastic for the show. I'm surprised how many fans hated/hate him even before the Jay Leno poo poo. Besides Howard and Artie, John was the best part of the show.

Stuttering John was very, very good for the show. But in his last few years, he became incredibly obnoxious.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Artie was once ranked as the most popular person on the show when he was there.

There's no argument.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I think plenty of people found Stern in the Artie Era and enjoyed it due in large part to Artie himself. Artie's provided some of the best, funniest, saddest, craziest moments in the history of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
The biggest tonal difference between then and now is that Howard is basically revered and feared by virtually all of the staff. It's really uncomfortable to hear them wanting to respond but afraid to do so. Instead of saying what should be said, they give a feeble half-fight or sometimes just collapse and grovel.

Today I heard Howard berating Bababooey for wanting to protect someone on "his team." In response, Howard was basically saying, "You have no team. It's my team. I'm the boss. It's my show."

This lecture was so tone-deaf, and begged for Gary to call him out on how whenever anything significant happens (people aren't paid enough, Artie attacks Teddy, KC goes crazy and gets fired, an entire department is shut down and everyone laid off...) Howard is quick to explain that he's just one of the guys working for the company like everyone else, he's just a guy talking on the radio, it's not his fault or problem.

It would have been awesome to force him to reconcile these two Howards, but I can't even picture any of the current crew having the sack to call him out like that.