Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Thurm posted:

Not just writer but also executive producer.

He can not afford all those jet skis on just a writers salary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

bobkatt013 posted:

He can not afford all those jet skis on just a writers salary

They just don't seem to last as long when driven on normal roads or filled with Gatorade.

McBeth
Jul 11, 2006
Odeipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
I was hoping he'd say 'jetski'.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
If you like Zaltzman's pun-runs, you should listen to the Satirists For Hire bonus episode. Its first routine is a pun run based on cities on Texas. There's no John to groan at it, but there's an audience!

If you don't like Zaltzman's pun-runs, I am passive-aggressively disliking you. Through the internet.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

venutolo posted:

Haha. I was actually thinking about that episode last night and made a mental note to track it down. It is episode 191, about 32:28 in.

Cool. Thanks. It's a great loving episode.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
Last night's Daily Show had a goodbye to Rory Albanese, who is leaving the show. You might know him better as The American.

Really hoping that doesn't mean we've now heard from The American for the last time.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Obviously he left to play The American full time.

Stumiester
Dec 3, 2004

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."
To play? Surely... to be.

As a side note, I currently live in Germany and recently met a Texan who started to talk about how great Duck Dynasty was. I told him I'd heard of it before, and he asked where. I thought about telling him it had been on a comedy podcast from a character meant to represent the most stereotypically over-the-top version of a crazily american American, but thought better of it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I don't think I will ever get tired of hearing Zaltor and John make jokes about other countries. :allears:

(p.s. "Der Spiegel" is German for "The Spiegel".)

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

prefect posted:

I don't think I will ever get tired of hearing Zaltor and John make jokes about other countries. :allears:

(p.s. "Der Spiegel" is German for "The Spiegel".)

The "Die Zeit" joke was even better :allears:.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
John is leaving The Daily Show to do a weekly topical comedy show on HBO

Awesome news for him, hoping it shouldn't affect the Bugle too much: if anything this will probably be less time-consuming for him than back when he was hosting the Daily Show every night.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
Awesome, a visual newspaper for a visual world.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Oh man. How long has John Oliver been on the show? It'll be a sad day to see him go. Now that he have his own show, maybe we can get Bugle-style Oliver on TV! Also maybe Andy can also appear on the show?

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

GraPar posted:

John is leaving The Daily Show to do a weekly topical comedy show on HBO

Awesome news for him, hoping it shouldn't affect the Bugle too much: if anything this will probably be less time-consuming for him than back when he was hosting the Daily Show every night.

"I’m incredibly excited to be joining HBO, especially as I presume this means I get free HBO now"

Awesome news.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
The Bugle Twitter account just said that the show will be continuing as normal, so that's nice.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Sad to see him leave the Daily Show but good for him. I guess he could always go back when Jon Stewart leaves!

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Any idea of he will be seen on the Daily Show between now and Christmas? He said on the latest Bugle he was leaving TDS at the end of the year.

He also sounded rather fraught about his wife who has gone on an air mission to the Philippines.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Heners_UK posted:

He also sounded rather fraught about his wife who has gone on an air mission to the Philippines.

That's just because he didn't go home with the Platinum Arsehole that was his by right.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I feel bad for the poor guy, he was pretty worried.

I am pretty excited to hear their take on Rob Ford this week.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
"...using either the world's longest nail or the world's longest balls."

[beat]

"Yeah, I can still do this."

:allears:

ieatsoap6
Nov 4, 2009

College Slice
One of the things I love about this show is that they have occasional moments of genuine sincerity (John this week, John when talking about the crap his wife had to deal with in Iraq, etc.) juxtaposed with stuff like (rightly) going on and on about a guy nailing his balls to the ground. It's a hell of a combination.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
I have no idea why, but John's explanation of robots.ticxt was one of the most hilarious things I've heard lately.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

ultramiraculous posted:

I have no idea why, but John's explanation of robots.ticxt was one of the most hilarious things I've heard lately.

Agreed, although the entirety of that story is so insane that it's perfect. Conservatives world-wide are united in being absolute retards when it comes to technology, morals, ethics, and a few other major things that combine in tragically comical situations!

Thurm
Nov 11, 2008
Before Johnny Showbiz wowed the world as Vanity Smurf and Dick Pants he was once in the Cambridge Footlights. Someone's posted a behind the scenes video from 1997 which contains not only a very young John Oliver but Richard Ayoade and Matthew Holness as well.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Andy's Christmas story was incredible :allears:

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

Exclamation Marx posted:

Andy's Christmas story was incredible :allears:

I think it broke my brain as much as Chris'.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Did we find out if he was a goodie or a baddie?

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Andy's stories reached an all new level of whimsical bullshit with that one.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Rapidly Going Deaf > The Bugle: TOP STORY THIS WEEK! Jingle Jingle Merrily on the Manger, Andy, the Silent Night is Lowing. Santa Claus is coming to Bethlehem and the Three Wise Snowmen are riding a Sleigh Pulled by Rudolph the Red Nosed Jesus

Can we make this happen for the next two weeks? Yes?

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie
Andy apparently sat in on the last Nature podcast of the year. It's been pretty great.

(slightly paraphrased)
Andy: "You know, statistics are very much like a ventroliquist's dummy in that if you stick your hand far enough in you can make it say whatever you want."
Nature podcaster: "But...Statistics are like a religion around here."
Andy: "You mean they're mostly lies?"

http://www.nature.com/nature/podcast/

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

AtraMorS posted:

Andy apparently sat in on the last Nature podcast of the year. It's been pretty great.

(slightly paraphrased)
Andy: "You know, statistics are very much like a ventroliquist's dummy in that if you stick your hand far enough in you can make it say whatever you want."
Nature podcaster: "But...Statistics are like a religion around here."
Andy: "You mean they're mostly lies?"

http://www.nature.com/nature/podcast/

Ahahaha this is great. And I think I will subscribe to the Nature podcast too!

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Andy successfully took that podcast right off the rails and exposed those scientists to more bullshit than they have ever been exposed to before. The man who co-hosts did not sound impressed near the beginning, but he got into it eventually.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
So the latest Bugle episodes have loving owned. Why does the thread sink so fast when there's like a dozen or more gold lines per episode?

ieatsoap6
Nov 4, 2009

College Slice
We're too busy laughing and laughing is serious business. :colbert:

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
Her Vajesty and the Rampant Rabbi. :allears:

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
"It's murderer. It's murderer!"

Also, http://masturpieces.com/shop/dildos/buckingham-phallusall/

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

oval office Dracula :catstare:.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Andy talking about that teenage pope was sublimely funny, especially when he read his list of crimes and offered quick rationales for each one. This is the funniest podcast on a humor per unit time basis, and I listen to the funniest casts out there. Andy is a treasure.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

The Dark One posted:

Her Vajesty and the Rampant Rabbi. :allears:

I was listening to this on the train and when the started talking about this I must have looked like a loon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

bobkatt013 posted:

I was listening to this on the train and when the started talking about this I must have looked like a loon.

I was walking the dog when Andy mentioned how it took so long to drive across Switzerland because you had to stop and count all the stolen gold. I'm sure my neighbors think I'm nuts as that was a rough chuckle.

The emails just better and better. The one about the pig writing in to say how dare they take pig semen contracts lightly may be my favorite.

• Locked thread