Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
A quick look to the future, if you care. This news got out a week ago but I'm only just getting wind of it. Camryn Manheim and Saul Rubinek will be stepping up for what's being touted as a big, emotional multi-episode arc in early 2014. Rubinek will play a brilliant man who is slowly losing his mind, while Manheim will play his wife. The two of them get caught up in some deep poo poo with Team Irrelevant, and the only way to escape with their lives is for her to get some crucial information out of him.

(Speculation based on spoilers.) Now, Camryn Manheim's name might not mean as much as it did 15 years ago, but she's still a name. And she's being touted for a big arc in 2014, just in time for HR to wrap up and Decima/Anonymous With Guns/The Relevant List to re-enter the picture? I'm not saying she's Control -- it doesn't even entirely line up -- but if that's where they're going, it wouldn't be the worst choice.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Nov 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
What show and movie is Enrico Colantoni working on now?

More Leon would be great.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Wasn't he doing Flashpoint and Veronica Mars last year?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I think VM was shot over the summer. Still, the guy keeps himself busy with lots of roles.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

MrFlibble posted:

Just finished rewatching season one. As much as I appreciate Root and understand why she is now a season regular as a sort of anti-finch I can't help but wish Elias was around more often. I guess too much of a good thing isn't always for the best but drat if Elias isn't one well written bad guy.

Remember the assassin dude? Remember what a badass he was and how he seemed like a real threat to John? Cool, now think about how ineffectual he's been for the last season. Think about how he has failed to kill a single character who wasn't a henchman, lackey or bystander. The badass assassin dude is a huge joke because they kept inserting him into episodes and sending him to kill characters with plot armor. The same thing would happen if they started using Elias more.

Sisgmund
Jan 31, 2006

To be fair he did kill Shaw, albeit briefly.

Hersch owns.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Sisgmund posted:

To be fair he did kill Shaw, albeit briefly.

Hersch owns.

It's a testament to Boris McGiver's performance -- in my view, anyway -- that I can easily imagine him as nigh-unstoppable in unseen situations where he's not crossing paths with Team Irrelevant.

Sisgmund
Jan 31, 2006

DivisionPost posted:

It's a testament to Boris McGiver's performance -- in my view, anyway -- that I can easily imagine him as nigh-unstoppable in unseen situations where he's not crossing paths with Team Irrelevant.

On one hand I can't stop seeing him as grumpy cat.

On the other hand, yeah.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

DivisionPost posted:

A quick look to the future, if you care. This news got out a week ago but I'm only just getting wind of it. Camryn Manheim and Saul Rubinek will be stepping up for what's being touted as a big, emotional multi-episode arc in early 2014. Rubinek will play a brilliant man who is slowly losing his mind, while Manheim will play his wife. The two of them get caught up in some deep poo poo with Team Irrelevant, and the only way to escape with their lives is for her to get some crucial information out of him.

(Speculation based on spoilers.) Now, Camryn Manheim's name might not mean as much as it did 15 years ago, but she's still a name. And she's being touted for a big arc in 2014, just in time for HR to wrap up and Decima/Anonymous With Guns/The Relevant List to re-enter the picture? I'm not saying she's Control -- it doesn't even entirely line up -- but if that's where they're going, it wouldn't be the worst choice.
To be fair I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case but I'd be happy either way if it was just a pair of numbers that kept coming up or something. Either way I trust the showrunners. What I'm actually trying to say is the only person qualified to play Control is Alberta Watson.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Sisgmund posted:

On one hand I can't stop seeing him as grumpy cat.

Oh my god.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

:siren:THIS WEEK: THE THREE EPISODE MID SEASON FINALE EVENT CONTINUES:siren:

:siren:Tonight's episode::siren: The Crossing

Synopsis:Danger closes in when the battle to bring the crime organization HR to justice reaches new heights. Also, when The Machine suddenly gives out Reese’s number, the POI team faces their greatest threat yet.

Preview

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Zaggitz posted:

:siren:THIS WEEK: THE THREE EPISODE MID SEASON FINALE EVENT CONTINUES:siren:

:siren:Tonight's episode::siren: The Crossing

Synopsis:Danger closes in when the battle to bring the crime organization HR to justice reaches new heights. Also, when The Machine suddenly gives out Reese’s number, the POI team faces their greatest threat yet.

Preview

Oh :tviv: that Preview!

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
The bold move would be to kill off Reese.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I am curious, does anyone else hate the opening credits/title for the show? It know it is just a tiny part of a great show, but they just don't fit very well.

Slamhound posted:

As ballsy as that would be, i am not sure the show would work without him.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Oasx posted:

As ballsy as that would be, i am not sure the show would work without him.

Carter, Shaw, Root?

Someone upthread did mention that Reese's story arcs were mostly done. Jessica's dead, Kara's dead, Mark Snow's dead, and all he really does is act as the muscle of the group. Shaw has more connections to Decima and Hersh, Root has her own thing, and Vigilance can act as the new HR in terms of non-character specific villain group (maybe tied into Finch somehow?).

I mean, I don't want to lose Reese either, because that chair smash and two gun moment was really awesome, but it makes a bit of sense.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Reese and Fitch are who I associate the show with...if either of them leave, it becomes a different show.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
At this point, it's worth bringing up this blind item posted on TV Line:

quote:

Check it: A prospective new TV pilot just landed a big-time actor as its star, but the up-and-coming producer/writer behind the future series can’t pitch it to a single network. Heck, he can’t even discuss it with anyone — and that’s because there’s a spoiler bomb embedded within the top-secret project.

You see, the headliner in question is currently starring on a popular hour-long drama series. And if word were to get out that he has committed himself to a new full-time gig, it could potentially ruin a major upcoming twist: his onscreen death.

Bear in mind this could have absolutely nothing to do with PoI, but if this "popular hour-long drama series" is in fact this show...look, I'm just saying, Kevin Chapman is awesome but he didn't exactly propel to stardom on the back of Black Dynamite.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

DivisionPost posted:

Bear in mind this could have absolutely nothing to do with PoI, but if this "popular hour-long drama series" is in fact this show...look, I'm just saying, Kevin Chapman is awesome but he didn't exactly propel to stardom on the back of Black Dynamite.

Its obviously about The Walking Dead.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Imma be max smug when Reese bites it.

Also sad, because all the cast in this show is awesome.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
They're totally gonna kill Reese if only to milk it for Bear's reaction.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Slamhound posted:

They're totally gonna kill Reese if only to milk it for Bear's reaction.

I was about to say, I wonder what Bear's new show is going to be?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

LorneReams posted:

I was about to say, I wonder what Bear's new show is going to be?

Bear and Leon getting in trouble around the United States.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah I really doubt it'll be Caviezel, although having Carter quit the force and take over for him and have the show be about Carter+Shaw+Root with Fusco and Finch on the sidelines would be pretty interesting. Then again at that point it's basically a Charlie's Angels remake. Oops.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

Bear and Leon getting in trouble around the United States.

I would watch this show.

VDay posted:

Yeah I really doubt it'll be Caviezel, although having Carter quit the force and take over for him and have the show be about Carter+Shaw+Root with Fusco and Finch on the sidelines would be pretty interesting. Then again at that point it's basically a Charlie's Angels remake. Oops.

I would watch the hell out of Finch's Angels of Interest.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Squidster posted:

I would watch the hell out of Finch's Angels of Interest.

If I'm remembering right Finch would be Charlie and that would make Fusco... Bosley, right?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

MrFlibble posted:

If I'm remembering right Finch would be Charlie and that would make Fusco... Bosley, right?

Fusco would make for a pretty baller Bosley.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Holy poo poo you guys. They just put up this behind the scenes preview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8pNo4zkjgU

Emerson says they were given three different scripts for the episode's ending so they wouldn't know who bit the bullet until they shot it! :gonk:

stoops
Jun 11, 2001
I think it's Carter. She is a very good actress and I could see her wanting to pursue more film roles. (Amazing in, Hustle and Flow)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

stoops posted:

I think it's Carter. She is a very good actress and I could see her wanting to pursue more film roles. (Amazing in, Hustle and Flow)

She's come a long way since the Lifetime movie where she had to go to Korea to rescue her child from her kidnapper ex-boyfriend with the help of John Locke.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Slamhound posted:

I think Reese is going to be the one that bites it. His story is done and Shaw will start wearing a suit.

Caviezel seems like a movie actor at heart and I think he's got a couple of movies lined up.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

raditts posted:

She's come a long way since the Lifetime movie where she had to go to Korea to rescue her child from her kidnapper ex-boyfriend with the help of John Locke.
This sounds .... I want to say awesome, but you said Lifetime movie.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Hypothetical - what if the Machine lets Reese die? To punish Finch for hiding Root?

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Kegslayer posted:

I think Reese is going to be the one that bites it. His story is done and Shaw will start wearing a suit.

Caviezel seems like a movie actor at heart and I think he's got a couple of movies lined up.

I reckon it will be Reese as well, but more because its pretty much the ballsiest move they can make. I can't remember an episode where the number has died (a victim number rather than a perpetrator number I mean) and Reese has been in the show since the beginning. His backstory is all wrapped up and theres even a new damaged enforcer type to flesh out.

The trailers are pointing to Fusco so I doubt it will be him (coincidentally hes the guy I would least like to die, aside from Bear) and unless the shots in the trailer are deliberately misleading (a high possibility but still) Finch seems to be around for the bad news. Shaw is fairly new and still fairly underdeveloped compared to the other team members.

Carter could die though, her plot lines are mostly coming to an end.

I guess we'll find out tonight.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I would actually be okay with Reese dying. Fusco or Carter not so much and they had better keep away from Bear! Reese dying would be a ballsy move as a lot of the series has revolved around his back story (admittedly completed) and he is the biggest name in the cast.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

All this means is that I'm going to have to watch this episode tonight and not a couple days from now due to possible online spoilers :argh:

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Yeah, I'm betting it's Reese. Carter's plot lines wrapping up could just as easily be burning her bridges to permanently join the Irrelevants, with the added bonus of feeling somewhat responsible for Reese's death. And she and Fusco still don't know about the Machine. It's a major shakeup that would keep the show from getting stagnant.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I'm in class all night, and won't be able to catch this for days and days. The wait is going to kill me. Or Reese. One of those.

It's true, I peaked in season 1.
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Squidster fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 19, 2013

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
If they want to kill of Squidster, I'd be okay with that. His plot has dragged this season.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

Zaggitz posted:

Holy poo poo you guys. They just put up this behind the scenes preview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8pNo4zkjgU

Emerson says they were given three different scripts for the episode's ending so they wouldn't know who bit the bullet until they shot it! :gonk:

I probably shouldn't have watched that, because now I'm fairly convinced that Finch's time is up. Not only is his backstory pretty much done, but there's someone sitting in POI-HQ waiting for a reason to be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Who wants to :toxx: for Caviezel death? I'm too poor but it really is the ballsy move.

• Locked thread