Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
That was my second Overdrive.

My first came from farming 100 greens from Weekend Warriors. :thurman:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Toshimo posted:

That was my second Overdrive.

My first came from farming 100 greens from Weekend Warriors. :thurman:

I wish I had that kind of luck. I have so many Tomes from those guys.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.
So scenarios in groups is pretty alright, solo is godawful.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
I tried one group elite one and it was ridiculously difficult, but I think maybe it was bugged or something?

Len posted:

It's nowhere near as awesome as it should be. When I picked it up I was fully prepared to start using fist weapons all the time because bear arms as a skin would be great. But instead it's just really boring and gives a survivor a gun.

:thejoke:

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.
The spawns need to be fine tuned. Had one group-elite where it was nothing but trash-mobs and a group-normal that was pumping out dudes with 30k health that tickled you.

Basically Funcom.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Frankenstein Dad posted:

I tried one group elite one and it was ridiculously difficult, but I think maybe it was bugged or something?

:thejoke:

No I got the joke. I just genuinely though bear arms were fist weapons when I picked them up :smith:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Tethylos;132353 posted:

Hey guys, the cap on 10 glances for Art of War with the Attuned Rampant Augment is intended, and not an oversight. You do still gain the benefit of the taunt and impair from each rank of the Augment, but being able to get a 20 stack of guaranteed glances every 45 seconds might be a little bit too good.

Edit: Which one of you is "bitterant" on the TSW forums?

Len fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Nov 16, 2013

Envy Insanity
Oct 2, 2003

Have gone to commit suicide. Intend to return from grave Friday. Feed cat.
I'd like to try this out, anyone have a referral key handy?

edit: Thanks!

Envy Insanity fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Nov 18, 2013

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Envy Insanity posted:

I'd like to try this out, anyone have a referral key handy?

Here ya go
LNLQLB6RNGV2GMJXREDK

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
Happy to say that the gold augs are going below 80m now. Also, we were doing the heal aggro thing wrong, so it's entirely possible to do NM and Elite Groups while paying little attention in order to get augment drops.

**Oh, and Augments still work in the gear manager when you upgrade them, so there shouldn't be any need to resave builds after upgrading augs.

Cheston fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Nov 19, 2013

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Pubbies have taken from talking about drop rates of augments being too low and are starting to complain they're too high. Apparently too many are on the market which means too many are dropping so Funcom needs to lower that drop rate more.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Len posted:

Pubbies have taken from talking about drop rates of augments being too low and are starting to complain they're too high. Apparently too many are on the market which means too many are dropping so Funcom needs to lower that drop rate more.

Anyone with two functioning brain cells that ran a few scenarios could have immediately identified that augments as a whole were not going to be as rare as signets over the long term. I see gold augs settling in at 25 million or less after a month.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

GEMorris posted:

Anyone with two functioning brain cells that ran a few scenarios could have immediately identified that augments as a whole were not going to be as rare as signets over the long term. I see gold augs settling in at 25 million or less after a month.

I can see that happening, people seem to forget that over time we'll see more scenarios as well.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Len posted:

I hate people.

And "gold augments" are yellow, it took me ages to figure out what the hell you all even meant. So are they just super rare or what? Been trying to find out the secret to how they drop...

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

thegodofchuck posted:

I hate people.

And "gold augments" are yellow, it took me ages to figure out what the hell you all even meant. So are they just super rare or what? Been trying to find out the secret to how they drop...

Hey, yellow's a boring color to talk about. They are not rare at all, we got three hundred million pax in the first few days, and I've seen several more drop since.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cheston posted:

Hey, yellow's a boring color to talk about. They are not rare at all, we got three hundred million pax in the first few days, and I've seen several more drop since.

I uh...I got a green curing augment from me last solo elite runs.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Len posted:

I uh...I got a green curing augment from me last solo elite runs.

Barring the occasional blue/purple, it seems like Elite Solo is meant mostly for getting euros. Elite Group has five times the drops but can be done with three people.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

I don't get it, I log on like twice a week to run my four dudes through blue signet missions - but I just can't find any motivation to do scenarios solo or in groups.

I hope they bring along something other than wave defense soon.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Marx posted:

I don't get it, I log on like twice a week to run my four dudes through blue signet missions - but I just can't find any motivation to do scenarios solo or in groups.

I hope they bring along something other than wave defense soon.

How about the 'Escape the monsoon' on jetski/snow mobile that has been hinted at by me?

Huge Spatula
Jul 15, 2001

I like the pole and the hole, and right now I'm as moist as a snack cake down there.
Is mumble the most effective way to talk to people? I have only seen one other person say anything in the awful channel since I started playing a bit again.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Huge Spatula posted:

Is mumble the most effective way to talk to people? I have only seen one other person say anything in the awful channel since I started playing a bit again.

Uhhhhh that's in the air really. Anything at all would be more useful than the awful channel. But mumble has been pretty dead lately. I've been the only name I see for longer than a few minutes and I just sit in my channel waiting for people to get online. With luck if/when Issue 9 and/or more scenarios come out we'll see people online again.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I'm pretty burned out on the game and the lovely scenario grind makes me think I might be done with this game.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

guppy posted:

I'm pretty burned out on the game and the lovely scenario grind makes me think I might be done with this game.

That would be our second Rai- name :(

**If you want to avoid the grind feeling, we do a few of these every night and it's pretty much drop-in drop-out as much as you want. Doing it with heal aggro spam lets you be lazy and chat like in Nightmares. Otherwise, here's hoping that the snowmobile chases, sneaky monster slaying and Tokyo have literally no wave defense.

Cheston fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Nov 20, 2013

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

guppy posted:

"But it's not a grind, you can do what you like in the game and just buy scenario rewards from the AH"

-Joel, November 2013

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

orcane posted:

"But it's not a grind, you can do what you like in the game and just buy scenario rewards from the AH"

-Joel, November 2013

"The mistake that people make is that they look at pax as a currency, it's really just a home decoration"

- Joel, November 2013

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

If there are more keys available, I'd like to check out this game without wasting thirty dollars. Either PM or posted here is fine. Thanks.

I found one on a steam forum. Can I find people to level with, or should I expect pretty much a solo game until the end game?

CopperHound fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 20, 2013

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

CopperHound posted:

I found one on a steam forum. Can I find people to level with, or should I expect pretty much a solo game until the end game?

The core of this game is exploring Haunted Houses, Haunted Amusement Parks, Haunted Mines, Haunted Egyptian Ruins, Haunted Soviet Nuclear Facilities, and, occassionally Hell Itself. You do some Scooby Doo poo poo and pull off the monster mask to find that the man in the gorilla suit was Old Man Dobbers, but a centuries-old Robot Chaos Demon who was actually eating the missing children.

"Levelling up" is mostly just collecting new abilities for your action bar like they were pokemon and ia really incidental to finding out that ~spoiler spoiler spoiler~ was where Vampires and Werewolves originally came from.

That said, everything except the dungeons that you'll be concerned about is comfortably soloable and you really only need other people to break up the occasional monotony.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

I just started an illuminati character and I must admit this into is pretty interesting even though looking up a jaguar tripping wasn't as funny as I had hoped.

The combat is kind of fun, but trying to hit number keys while maneuvering with wasd makes me feel like a retarded monkey with parkinson's. I'll need to look into other key bindings once I actually have weapons.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

CopperHound posted:

I just started an illuminati character and I must admit this into is pretty interesting even though looking up a jaguar tripping wasn't as funny as I had hoped.

The combat is kind of fun, but trying to hit number keys while maneuvering with wasd makes me feel like a retarded monkey with parkinson's. I'll need to look into other key bindings once I actually have weapons.

I bound the 6 and 7 keys to q and e which helped a bit.

tamriilin
Dec 29, 2008

House was on this page when he got that annoying "I'm such a genius" look.
I'd like a referral key, if anybody has one, I've been wanting to try this game out for quite a while and honestly just keep forgetting about it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

tamriilin posted:

I'd like a referral key, if anybody has one, I've been wanting to try this game out for quite a while and honestly just keep forgetting about it.

4QFPRBMKL5GCXCGXAK3M

tamriilin
Dec 29, 2008

House was on this page when he got that annoying "I'm such a genius" look.

Len posted:

4QFPRBMKL5GCXCGXAK3M

Hey thanks a bunch!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

tamriilin posted:

Hey thanks a bunch!

Not a problem. Cheston had his time to shine with referral codes. Now I just need you guys to start playing more and become Mumble crew and replace all the fallen players with fresh blood. I can dream can't I? :smith:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Len posted:

Not a problem. Cheston had his time to shine with referral codes. Now I just need you guys to start playing more and become Mumble crew and replace all the fallen players with fresh blood. I can dream can't I? :smith:
I'm currently interstate for work without a computer that can actually run this. I'll be back on Eidolonics at some point.

demoneyespaul
Sep 14, 2007

PIATPIATPIAT!

Cheston posted:

**If you want to avoid the grind feeling, we do a few of these every night and it's pretty much drop-in drop-out as much as you want. Doing it with heal aggro spam lets you be lazy and chat like in Nightmares. Otherwise, here's hoping that the snowmobile chases, sneaky monster slaying and Tokyo have literally no wave defense.

This is good to know because I'm in much the same boat, but I don't know if this'll keep me from just shelving this game until Tokyo.

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.

Marx posted:

"The mistake that people make is that they look at pax as a currency, it's really just a home decoration"

- Joel, November 2013

I demand my personal bee house now, Joel.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Cheston posted:

So that still didn't really answer my question... did they drop in nightmare only, or any difficulty? Group only? I've done every combination except NM and haven't seen one.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

thegodofchuck posted:

So that still didn't really answer my question... did they drop in nightmare only, or any difficulty? Group only? I've done every combination except NM and haven't seen one.

As far as I know any aug can drop in any difficulty.

It's really hard to tell though because the reports of individuals can't be confirmed ("hey man I got 3 golds in a solo!") and FC has been tight-lipped about the whole thing.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Marx posted:

As far as I know any aug can drop in any difficulty.

It's really hard to tell though because the reports of individuals can't be confirmed ("hey man I got 3 golds in a solo!") and FC has been tight-lipped about the whole thing.

I remember reading something from Funcom that you would have to do the hardest ones to get the best augments. But since apparently golds are dropping wherever they feel like they probably hosed that up.

Although we get them fairly reliably doing groups with less people than expected so maybe they coded them to drop more when that happens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

These investigation quests are pretty fun if you avoid the spoilers. Of course my stupid rear end read the low resolution "hands of time" as "eight fifty and ten seconds". I needed a bit of a spoiler right there. Here is my hint for anyone stuck here: The clocks don't have second hands

• Locked thread