Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
Goddamnit I missed out on the deluxe Voltaic box by Bjork AGAIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Breaking Bad is getting a LP soundtrack release? How rad! I can't wait to g

quote:

The 2xLP set will be comprised of picture discs, which will be a Hot Topic exclusive

That's loving bullshit, yo.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Breaking Bad is getting a LP soundtrack release? How rad! I can't wait to g

That's loving bullshit, yo.

I'm not sure which part of that sentence is worse.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I'd buy it if it was a picture disk of Walter's briefs

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

CPL593H posted:

I resisted the urge to buy anything from there. And they have the Smiths complete vinyl box.

I think I blew the interview, anyway. And I had to buy gloves because 40 degrees is no problem but 40 degrees at 70 miles an hour is some frozen-hand bullshit. So no records today.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

CPL593H posted:

I resisted the urge to buy anything from there. And they have the Smiths complete vinyl box.

All bets were off when I saw the ~$6 Mission of Burma stuff.

DammitJanet
Dec 26, 2006

Nice shootin', Tex.
Thanks for the link to the sale! Got some good Christmas shopping done. Six LP's and a 7" for $50 and I saved $62!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Been going a little nuts this week. :3:

Ordered the green Charlie Brown Christmas album yesterday (my most favorite album of the season plus the jazz is timeless, can listen to it throughout the year).

And today I had the chance to meet Chris Hadfield who was signing his book - well as I am walking away I notice Barnes & Noble had a vinyl section. I couldn't help myself... they had a TON of good stuff but id be spending way to much.

Picked up the following today:

The Smiths - More Panic (ltd. green vinyl, 45/100 - apparently their last US concert ever)
Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders (never had a super close look at the album cover and always thought it was just tribe, turns out its a bunch of other rappers! http://sonicfictionjourno.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/1204506783file418_b.jpg)
Tool - Opiate (for $10 i'll take it, love this album!)
Beirut - Riptide (one of my favorite albums of 2011 - this comes with a cool "cloth" cover)
The Beatles - Love Me Do / PS I Love You (this was printed on a translucent green Apple, looks pretty sweet and these are some of their earliest songs, PS I Love You is amazing pop)

Last week I was a little place called War on Music which is a local store carrying stuff more metal and punk, great staff, tiny store but amazing selection and before that I went to my local used store called Into the Music to check what just came in.

Crytopsy - S/T (legendary tech death band outta Montreal - I making note at the store that they had their first 2 cause I love em and the owner was like, you can have the new one for $10, its great he said - it is!)
Speedwolf - Ride With Death (red vinyl, loving amazing stuff, Motorhead worship but faster and crustier)
Municipal Waste / Toxic Holocaust Split - Toxic Waste(this is on a sick orange vinyl from some of the two better nu-thrash bands)

Via used I picked up:
Morrissey - Suedehead (just a single but it may as well be a Smiths song, so loving good)
Queen - Live Killers (this is the album that really got me into Queen, a friend of mine was like, you wanna hear Queen rip poo poo up and he played me Brighton Rock live, I was blown the gently caress away!)
Toddy Tee - Do You Wanna Go To The Liquor Store (the only reason I picked this up was for the shoutout to Egyptian Lover who fuckin owns, also this single is some great 80s hip hop)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcdb23XMlHo

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

DammitJanet posted:

Thanks for the link to the sale! Got some good Christmas shopping done. Six LP's and a 7" for $50 and I saved $62!

Not much left by the time I got around to looking, but still managed to spend ~50 bucks. Mostly on Cobra Skulls records.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?
I received a call tonight from someone at GEMM.com. He was calling to follow up to make I received my item. It was shipped from France, so they might be more likely to do that with international orders. This was for the Psychic TV record I posted a while back. I said that I had received it, then made mention of the sleeve not really being VG+. Talked a short while and I guess he said the listing stated "WOFC" which is "writing on front cover" - didn't know about that abbreviation. He ended up giving me a small partial refund, as a courtesy, which I appreciated. It's nice to experience that with a site like GEMM; makes it feel a little more regulated. Never had a problem there before that, though. Has this happened to anyone else?

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
There are way too many records for sale on that Oldies site, after finalizing an order I found 5 more records I want. Ended up picking up Japandroids, Ellie Goulding (guilty pleasure :colbert:) , and that massive new Explosions in the Sky album.

To anyone here who ordered a second pressing of Plains of the Purple Buffalo: How long did it take to arrive? I ordered a copy 2 weeks ago and never received shipping info. I emailed them to see if it has shipped yet and haven't heard back.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Dr. Lenin posted:

To anyone here who ordered a second pressing of Plains of the Purple Buffalo: How long did it take to arrive? I ordered a copy 2 weeks ago and never received shipping info. I emailed them to see if it has shipped yet and haven't heard back.

I ordered it probably three weeks ago, and last Thursday I got an email from Mehdi asking if I had gotten it yet. I said I haven't, so he was like, "Okay, we'll send another one. Sorry for the delay." So I'm expecting it soon, but it would be nice if they would send along some shipping info or a tracking number. Still, I thought it was really cool of him to personally email me to check on it.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Dr. Lenin posted:

Like 2 months, man. From the looks of it, I guess the band is handling the shipping/distribution themselves and they've been kinda overwhelmed- although in my case it was also because the manufacturing got delayed a bunch.

They were always really prompt and helpful when answering my emails though. Have you been emailing shelsmusic or the company they hired to do the web sale stuff? You wanna write to the former.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I love the days when more than one record comes in simultaneously! The Tera Melos record is beautiful.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Like 2 months, man. From the looks of it, I guess the band is handling the shipping/distribution themselves and they've been kinda overwhelmed- although in my case it was also because the manufacturing got delayed a bunch.

They were always really prompt and helpful when answering my emails though. Have you been emailing shelsmusic or the company they hired to do the web sale stuff? You wanna write to the former.

Sent it to shelsmusic. I'll try again, maybe it didn't get noticed or something. If its the band themselves doing it it's understandable, I can imagine how full their schedule could be.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Go

http://store.theflenser.com/product/have-a-nice-life-the-unnatural-world-lp-pre-order

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
I'm so mad I missed out on the the ox-blood haze. :sigh:

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Ehh, I'm sure it was mostly just white. White/Splatter LPs are lame sometimes, I never expect them to turn out well.

Sauska
Sep 12, 2012

lol yea I woke up this morning and noticed that I was emailed whenever the newsletter announced it. Kind of a bummer, but I won't beat myself up over it.

Also have Rain In England coming soon. Good poo poo.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
From the sound of it I've missed a lot of good records from the oldies.com sale. I'm having trouble finding enough things I want/don't have for less than $10.
I'm open to suggestions.

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

Uncle Seymour wants you to eat your beans.
http://www.oldies.com/product-view/22138V.html

It was nice to pick up a cheaper copy of this.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Has anyone's oldies.com order shipped yet? I placed my order on the 13th and it's still "processing" for me. My account's already been charged too.

Pookdaddy G
Jun 13, 2007

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Has anyone's oldies.com order shipped yet? I placed my order on the 13th and it's still "processing" for me. My account's already been charged too.
Mine is the same way, only I placed the order the 11th

izationalizer
Jul 2, 2012

I don't know what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is.

Beaucoup Cuckoo posted:

http://www.oldies.com/product-view/22138V.html

It was nice to pick up a cheaper copy of this.

Very good album; I have it on pink vinyl. Nobunny rocks. I saw him live once at a small venue, and it was one of the funnest shows I've ever attended. He was really filthy-looking, and his bunny mask looked like a dead, mangy varmint dragged out of a sewer. He stripped most of his clothes off (as he is wont to do) and assaulted the audience with hunks of chocolate cake. My wife got smacked right in the neck with a big icing-y chunk. And through all this, he played/sang with rambunctious abandon. The whole show had this WTF, disgusting-yet-orgiastic vibe to it. It's one of those "you had to have been there," things, but I can confirm that it was hilarious, raunchy, and very, very bizarre.

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

Uncle Seymour wants you to eat your beans.
Saw this just recently. It was pretty rad. I hope to be musician of his high calibur one day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBGhD-cqf6E

Beaucoup Cuckoo fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Nov 18, 2013

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Mine shipped on Friday, but it was only three items, so probably pretty quick to get done.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Mine shipped on Friday, but it was only three items, so probably pretty quick to get done.

I had two items and my order status is "gently caress, you and wait". Although my guess is it has something to do with the sheer volume of orders they got during this sale.

DammitJanet
Dec 26, 2006

Nice shootin', Tex.

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Also placed my order on the 13th, and my status is also still "processing". Hopefully due to order volume and the fact that I ordered 7 records, including the aforementioned NoBunny record. Who knew?

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
They're probably just busy working on Chim's order.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

They're probably just busy working on Chim's order.

Seriously- how do you think they'll ship 80 records?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

80 LP mailers obviously.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

My oldies.com order hasn't shipped, but there is a post on reddit where some commenters say their's has shipped, so I guess they're getting them out now. I bet they got a ton of orders though.

izationalizer
Jul 2, 2012

I don't know what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is.
For what it's worth, this $9 green label mono copy of "Pet Sounds" is said to be very nice sounding--much nicer than the original black/rainbow mono--and the last copy on eBay auctioned for almost twice as much ($17).

Not sure if it sounds as good as that mono bonus LP of "Pet Sounds" that comes along with the Carl and the Passions album, though. I have my doubts. But either way, the green label is supposedly pretty great.

Never mind. After a bit of mental back-and-forth, I decided to buy it myself. I'll compare it to the Carl and the Passions and sell whichever one is inferior.

izationalizer fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Nov 19, 2013

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

izationalizer posted:

For what it's worth, this $9 green label mono copy of "Pet Sounds" is said to be very nice sounding--much nicer than the original black/rainbow mono--and the last copy on eBay auctioned for almost twice as much ($17).

Not sure if it sounds as good as that mono bonus LP of "Pet Sounds" that comes along with the Carl and the Passions album, though. I have my doubts. But either way, the green label is supposedly pretty great.

Never mind. After a bit of mental back-and-forth, I decided to buy it myself. I'll compare it to the Carl and the Passions and sell whichever one is inferior.

Is the Carl and the Passions you have one of those mid-70s Beach Boys comps with two albums in one package? Usually a basic white cover with one image on each side. I have Wild Honey and Surf's Up (I think) that way.

If they green label Pet Sounds ends up with the worse sound, let me know. I'll buy it off you.

izationalizer
Jul 2, 2012

Blast Fantasto posted:

Is the Carl and the Passions you have one of those mid-70s Beach Boys comps with two albums in one package? Usually a basic white cover with one image on each side. I have Wild Honey and Surf's Up (I think) that way.

If they green label Pet Sounds ends up with the worse sound, let me know. I'll buy it off you.

Yep, that's the one. And I'll let you know how the shootout goes.

Also, while I'm at it, here's a Parlophone pressing of Radiohead - "Amnesiac" for $28 OBO, which is cheaper than the $47 that the last one sold for.

e: There's also a copy of John Fahey - "Transfiguration of Blind Joe Death" on Riverboat listed for :10bux:, but it's only VG, so I guess it's not a great score. :(

izationalizer fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Nov 19, 2013

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Electric Bugaloo posted:

I just received a shipping notification for an order that I placed on the 12th. They also seem to have upgraded the shipping to FedEx Smart Post, which was a nice surprise.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

This is a thing that's happening: http://www.joyfulnoiserecordings.com/private-stash/

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

If you'd been a VIP member you'd have had access to this and the other, better exclusives days ago.

I'm not posting the smug emoticon because it sucks and I'm not actually smug about this so it would be inappropriate.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Dissapointed Owl posted:

If you'd been a VIP member you'd have had access to this and the other, better exclusives days ago.

I am so angry the Snowflake Flexi sold-out so quickly. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I'm not posting the smug emoticon because it sucks and I'm not actually smug about this so it would be inappropriate.

Whatever, I found some cool poo poo in there anyway.