Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

If you count unofficial/non-Marvel, Superboy did it with Robin in Adventure Comics #253 back in 1958:

And Marvel had Ox do it with Fancy Dan in Amazing Spider-Man #19 in 1964:

Urdnot Fire fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Nov 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Rhyno posted:

Fastball Special is an achievement in Lego Marvel Super Heroes as well.

The best part about this is that almost all the other achievements are boring ones like "beat mission 12" or "collect all of so-and-so team characters to play as", with a few semi-interesting ones like "destroy X amount of objects." But there's a couple of good ones in there, like this one and the one labeled "Puny God" (guess what you do there! )

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Urdnot Fire posted:

If you count unofficial/non-Marvel, Superboy did it with Robin in Adventure Comics #253 back in 1958:

That is an insanely strong Pre-Crisis Silver Age Superboy, Robin should have make a hole through that hoodlum and or just impaled him with Robin stuck out of both sides. :colbert:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Action Tortoise posted:

The most :3: variant.

drat, Squirrel Girl is unstoppable!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Question IRL posted:

True, but up until the first X-Men film came out, Magneto's helmet didn't actually block telepathy. I know it does now, but prior to the films and Grant Morrisons New X-Men run, Magneto had about a dozen different reasons why he didn't get mind wiped which didn't revolve around him wearing his helmet.
Originally it was "Magneto is just powerful" but then I guess they had to start really specifically narrowing everyone's powers according to their mutation so that they could make characters more interesting than "the power to have all the X-Men powers!"

His helmet has never protected him from lazy eye though

[Uncanny X-Men #1, #4 and #17]

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Breetai posted:

What happens if Colossus uses the FBS on The Juggernaut?

In the X2: Wolverine's Revenge game, the fight against Juggernaut ends with Colossus showing up for the sake of KO'ing Juggernaut with the Fastball Special.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Gavok posted:

In the X2: Wolverine's Revenge game, the fight against Juggernaut ends with Colossus showing up for the sake of KO'ing Juggernaut with the Fastball Special.

That's not what I got from his question. What I got was the mental image of Colossus throwing Juggernaut, Fastball Special-style. And I think I'm okay with that.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

That's not what I got from his question. What I got was the mental image of Colossus throwing Juggernaut, Fastball Special-style. And I think I'm okay with that.

So since Colossus became Juggernaut, could he throw himself in some sort of quantum Fastball Special?

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Leper Residue posted:

So since Colossus became Juggernaut, could he throw himself in some sort of quantum Fastball Special?

Yes, but obviously he'd call that the Russian Meteor instead.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

We sort of have it here
Avengers vs X-men 2

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Action Tortoise posted:

Wouldn't it be safer to not have the claws out until you're in the air?

No, you need to launch your Wolverine by throwing from the bottom with claws popped. Proper fastball special technique is very important, as failure to follow these instructions may damage your Wolverine.

X-Men #17

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Closest I've got is Colossus being thrown at Juggernaut, Fastball Special-style.

X-Men #102, 1976

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Uncanny X-men 101 -104 (?)

Unknown

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Choco1980 posted:

The best part about this is that almost all the other achievements are boring ones like "beat mission 12" or "collect all of so-and-so team characters to play as", with a few semi-interesting ones like "destroy X amount of objects." But there's a couple of good ones in there, like this one and the one labeled "Puny God" (guess what you do there! )

Nonsense, the best one is clearly 'Don't I know you?' for having Captain America and the Human Torch together.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Elfface posted:

Nonsense, the best one is clearly 'Don't I know you?' for having Captain America and the Human Torch together.

That one did make me smile. I'm stuck at 98.7% because I suck at the races.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Is that guy with two claws Daken? I thought he was too much of a dick to hang out with Spidey?

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!
That's X-23, from the first arc of Kirkman's Marvel Team-Up run, maybe issue six.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TwoPair posted:

No, you need to launch your Wolverine by throwing from the bottom with claws popped. Proper fastball special technique is very important, as failure to follow these instructions may damage your Wolverine.

X-Men #17
I like how he pops his claws after being thrown like a cat.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
It's been a few pages, gonna post more FF now.

Red Ghost is trying to get into Uatu's house on the moon and the FF kids are playing in the yard.

FF 013

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Why is the Red Ghost getting split into multiple selves that all look different?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That whole issue should probably be in this thread, honestly. I guess the recap page could be left out. Maybe.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
I feel like I'm having trouble understanding exactly what's going on with the Red Ghost in those panels.

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

CapnAndy posted:

Why is the Red Ghost getting split into multiple selves that all look different?

theflyingorc posted:

I feel like I'm having trouble understanding exactly what's going on with the Red Ghost in those panels.

He's physically traversing multiple time loops because of that mist, apparently. Each one manifests a different timeline that could have manifested, resulting in different appearances and adventures.

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

CapnAndy posted:

Methinks this is not the first time he has tried to break into Uatu's house, and nor will it be his last.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
So the Blue Area of the Moon is host to both endless mists of time, as well as terrigen mists, am I miss(t)ing any?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Marshal Radisic posted:

Methinks this is not the first time he has tried to break into Uatu's house, and nor will it be his last.

Yes it is. It's both of those and more.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Was that an 'Any Which Way But Loose' reference there?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm not even sure how it couldn't be.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Say Nothing posted:

Was that an 'Any Which Way But Loose' reference there?

Sure is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i98QrSSHxo4

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ghostlight posted:

Originally it was "Magneto is just powerful" but then I guess they had to start really specifically narrowing everyone's powers according to their mutation so that they could make characters more interesting than "the power to have all the X-Men powers!"

His helmet has never protected him from lazy eye though

[Uncanny X-Men #1, #4 and #17]

Early X-Men were hilarious. I wonder if Cyclops and the rest reminisce often about the times when EVERYONE was on acid ALL THE TIME.

Majuju posted:

So the Blue Area of the Moon is host to both endless mists of time, as well as terrigen mists, am I miss(t)ing any?
In Marvel Universe the whole of Apollo program had no survivors.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Nov 20, 2013

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

Action Tortoise posted:

I think you're legally obligated to post the rest of that fight scene.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Action Tortoise posted:

She refers to a MODOK playing card to see what his powers are. Then she throws a squirrel wearing a flying helmet and googles at MODOK. Truly Squirrel Girl is the greatest hero of the Marvel Universe. :allears:

KittenofDoom posted:

I think you're legally obligated to post the rest of that fight scene.

Agreed.

Can Marvel just make it the Marvel Universe, starring Squirrel Girl, and other, lesser, superheroes?

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
I think there was a near-miss on that a couple years ago, but Deadpool collided with the Multimedia Marvel Universe Brand instead.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It's amazing.

But I can't stop seeing her cheek-marks as eyes. It doesn't help that her actual eyes are closed, so her lashes look like mega-eyebrows.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
This could have been a delightful song & dance routine but alas...

Sex Criminals #3

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

Can Marvel just make it the Marvel Universe, starring Squirrel Girl, and other, lesser, superheroes?

They didn't already?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Just started Spidey Super Stories. It's already amazing:

And as a bonus:

I never knew it changed his voice!

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Hakkesshu posted:

And as a bonus:

Only when he takes it off and puts it in front of his mouth. I imagine it changes it to sound like a guy talking with a mask in his mouth.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Hakkesshu posted:

And as a bonus:

I busted out laughing at, "I lost my place!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Action Tortoise posted:

I busted out laughing at, "I lost my place!"

Poor Morgan Freeman. All he wanted to do was go IN.

• Locked thread