Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

benem posted:

Is that an oblivion gate I spy in the last screenshot??
He took the screenshot with another one of his mods active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Scyantific posted:

Enhanced Skyrim Factions: The Companions.

I really like that mod, especially with its modular nature. I just wish that the side quests were not so BORING. Go and kill animal. Go and collect pelts. Do this 25 times before we let you into dustman's cairn so you can finally get the last fire breath upgrade.

If the sparring system counted towards the quests required for your proving and Circle quests, I'd really appreciate it. Beating a Circle member should count as an accomplishment.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
Sometimes I get this annoying bug where I have my sword out and nothing happens if I press attack. I have to spam attack to make my character swing once. Anyone experienced this before and know how to fix it? Load order if it helps:

code:
GameMode=Skyrim

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm=1
SPIKE.esm=1
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm=1
HighResTexturePack01.esp=1
HighResTexturePack02.esp=1
HighResTexturePack03.esp=1
Brawl Bugs CE.esp=1
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp=1
HighResTexturePackFix.esp=1
Better Dynamic Snow.esp=1
Improved Combat Sounds v2.1.esp=1
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp=1
StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp=1
StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp=1
Economics of Skyrim.esp=1
Immersive Brigands.esp=1
Immersive Dragonborn.esp=1
Immersive Factions.esp=1
Immersive Travelers.esp=1
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - lvl-4.esp=1
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - lvl-2.esp=1
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - default.esp=1
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - lvl-3.esp=1
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - lvl-1.esp=1
Footprints.esp=1
RaceMenu.esp=1
RaceMenuPlugin.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp=1
KTABladeOfWoe.esp=1
WestWindMisfit.esp=1
ERSO 09 - RUS-Npcs overhaul USKP compatible.esp=1
ERSO 10 - RUS-(SIM)-Travellers and Adventurers.esp=1
ERSO 10.02 - Adventurers and Travelers.esp=1
Immersive Events.esp=1
Morrowloot.esp=1
AchieveThat.esp=1
Increased Bounty & Guild Rewards.esp=1
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp=1
dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp=1
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp=1
Quietcool.esp=1
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp=1
ELFX - Exteriors.esp=1
ELFX - Dawnguard.esp=1
Further Dark Dungeons for ENB.esp=1
Dark Dungeons for Dawnguard.esp=1
Dark Dungeons for Dragonborn.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-6.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-VanillaNights-Lvl-4.esp=0
prod80_CoT_patch.esp=1
Dual Wield Parrying_SKSE.esp=1
3DNPC.esp=1
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Reduced.esp=1
WATER.esp=1
WATER DB.esp=1
GreenWaterFix_v2withDawnguard.esp=0
Requiem.esp=1
DeadlyMutilation.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1
Bashed Patch, 0.esp=1
SplashofRain.esp=1
NoMoreGlowArmor.esp=1

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
I probably have the same thing, tapping right mouse after being in whatever menu fixes it for the duration. Mostly have the unofficial patches and some other stuff listed in the OP.

Desideratus
Oct 5, 2008

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

So I've finally gotten around to reinstalling/modding after getting a new GPU some months back, and I've gotten a look I'm happy with, but something is bugging me: Is there a mod like Feng Shui for FONV, that lets you manually place and then lock down objects? Because decorating my house in hoards of loot is really hard with the default controls, and keeping them there is really hard without lockdown (Especially if you wanna stack them or put them in weird positions, like leaning on the wall).

:spergin::hf::saddowns:

Edit: Does making an imgur album shrink your pics? Those are all taken at 1920x1080, but I can't seem to get them to go back to a normal size :frog:
i am bad at imgur help

Desideratus fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 19, 2013

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Desideratus posted:

So I've finally gotten around to reinstalling/modding after getting a new GPU some months back, and I've gotten a look I'm happy with, but something is bugging me: Is there a mod like Feng Shui for FONV, that lets you manually place and then lock down objects? Because decorating my house in hoards of loot is really hard with the default controls, and keeping them there is really hard without lockdown (Especially if you wanna stack them or put them in weird positions, like leaning on the wall).

:spergin::hf::saddowns:

Grimy's Utilities by the author of the wonderful SkyTweak has a page for adjusting position and rotation of your currently grabbed object and can lock it in place (motion type = Keyframed).

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
Finally got back into Skyrim with Rebuild 3 and the Triad of Victory: Mod Organizer, ASIS, and BOSS. Add me to the raving legions of MO's fans - it's not only smarter than NMM, it's faster. The only irksome qualities it has is that I've yet to find a way to export or import ESP load orders, and the simple "lock" function doesn't seem to be what I need; when I run BOSS it likes to sort things in a certain way (like KTA Blade of Woe behind Unique Weapons) that is often not how I want, and MO doesn't seem to have the capacity to do simple imports/exports of load order like NMM does, and I don't think mod priority in the left pane necessarily fixes the issue (as it governs who comes out on top in Data folder fights, not ESP fights, iirc). Overall a trifling issue, though, as everything else is awesome.

Also rocking SPERG 4.0 and Extensible Follower Framework 4 beta; with ASIS and Apocalypse Spells this game is just balls to the wall awesome again. Granted, the difficulty curve tends to be weirdly uneven at times: when Hammer Bro is assaulting a fort he needs to roll in with a half-dozen followers at least, thanks to the bullet sponge 2-shotting bandit demigods and their numberless hordes of minions. Meanwhile, in Dawnguard he's facerolling vampire encounters, and dragons are still minor inconveniences.

The OP has a warning about needing patches for Falskaar to avoid loving your save file; what does it mean by that, exactly?

Also, this is vague, but - I tend to get semi-random CTDs that tend to concentrate around opening menus (of any sort; maps, main menu, magic) and inventories. I've managed to ferret out a few mods that were repeat offenders (bootleg Arcania Armor, you damned traitor!), but the problem persists. It also seems to increase in frequency in older saves but happen almost never in brand-new saves, as if it's somehow tied to skill point accumulation. I don't think it's EFF as I soloed for a while on my oldest save and the issues persisted as normal.

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 19, 2013

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Cutting Room Floor doesn't add anything to SolitudeWorld that didn't already exist in Skyrim.esm, and the only meshes in the .bsa are facegen stuff. It's pretty clearly "didn't bother to turn the other mod off prior to taking the screenshot".

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

"We Must Dissent"

The Mad Archivist posted:

Finally got back into Skyrim with Rebuild 3 and the Triad of Victory: Mod Organizer, ASIS, and BOSS. Add me to the raving legions of MO's fans - it's not only smarter than NMM, it's faster. The only irksome qualities it has is that I've yet to find a way to export or import ESP load orders, and the simple "lock" function doesn't seem to be what I need; when I run BOSS it likes to sort things in a certain way (like KTA Blade of Woe behind Unique Weapons) that is often not how I want, and MO doesn't seem to have the capacity to do simple imports/exports of load order like NMM does, and I don't think mod priority in the left pane necessarily fixes the issue (as it governs who comes out on top in Data folder fights, not ESP fights, iirc). Overall a trifling issue, though, as everything else is awesome.

You can find the loadorder and plugins txt files in your mod organizer/profiles/whatever folder. You should really use custom BOSS rules to sort your load order though, it will save having to mess around each time. Try BUM since doing it by hand sucks. Add it as an executable to MO and run it that way and it will see your current mods.

With the crashes I assume you are using a merged patch? If not that is probably your first step to cutting them down.

And gently caress the skyrim engine/papyrus. Items in inventories are like crazy nightmare versions of regular items that never work they way they should in scripts. Signature Weapons is just about ready but if you put your current one in something and then select a new one the old one becomes a glitchy placeholder weapon.

futile
May 18, 2009
Signature Weapons, like the New Vegas mod?

Sounds strange, but I solved a similar issue by flagging my plugin as an ESM. Otherwise, yeah, getting Papyrus to do anything remotely related to the management of player inventory or equipped/worn items is awful. There are so many bugs.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

futile posted:

Signature Weapons, like the New Vegas mod?

Sounds strange, but I solved a similar issue by flagging my plugin as an ESM. Otherwise, yeah, getting Papyrus to do anything remotely related to the management of player inventory or equipped/worn items is awful. There are so many bugs.

That's the one. I had to do some dumb stuff to work around skyrim being skyrim. The main thing is it actually replaces whatever weapon you use with a decoy that then gets all the right stats and appearance and stuff. But if you put that decoy weapon in a barrel and then turn something else into a new signature weapon the old one hangs around because papyrus.

Also opinion time: how should I handle tempering for your signature weapon? Same as the item would normally take or something different?

futile
May 18, 2009
What's the intended behavior of the weapon in the barrel? It's supposed to sit there and keep all of its mirrored changes, or revert/disable/delete?

If you're asking about the input required to temper, it should probably stay as the default for the item. Something similar for armors down the road would be cool too. Remember that sad feeling on release day when you realize the iron helmet showed in all of the promos and trailers is actually a lovely generic iron item, found right off the bat, and becomes obsolete in about 5 minutes? Oh man.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

LtSmash posted:

You can find the loadorder and plugins txt files in your mod organizer/profiles/whatever folder. You should really use custom BOSS rules to sort your load order though, it will save having to mess around each time. Try BUM since doing it by hand sucks. Add it as an executable to MO and run it that way and it will see your current mods.

With the crashes I assume you are using a merged patch? If not that is probably your first step to cutting them down.

And gently caress the skyrim engine/papyrus. Items in inventories are like crazy nightmare versions of regular items that never work they way they should in scripts. Signature Weapons is just about ready but if you put your current one in something and then select a new one the old one becomes a glitchy placeholder weapon.

That looks really confusing, BOSS already has a GUI for creating your own custom rules and it looks much less complicated than that...

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

futile posted:

What's the intended behavior of the weapon in the barrel? It's supposed to sit there and keep all of its mirrored changes, or revert/disable/delete?

If you're asking about the input required to temper, it should probably stay as the default for the item. Something similar for armors down the road would be cool too. Remember that sad feeling on release day when you realize the iron helmet showed in all of the promos and trailers is actually a lovely generic iron item, found right off the bat, and becomes obsolete in about 5 minutes? Oh man.

Ideally it would turn back into whatever it was before it was made signature. If that turns out to be impossible deleting itself would probably be ok. I've also got a function that returns it to you in case you get disarmed and it disappears because that sucks but that can just fail. I'm probably over-thinking poo poo because I'm trying to make it clean up any that get scattered too and not just what should exist normally.

Tempering means I have to fiddle with poo poo anyway since I can't change material keywords (the poo poo axe bleed perks will break too). I just wasn't sure if I should mess with tempering or just duplicate normal stuff. I also need to look into if player enchanting breaks poo poo (probably).

Armor should be pretty easy to do. Coming up with interesting things to upgrade armor with will probably be harder.

Tarq
Apr 25, 2008

by Ralp
Can someone recommend a mod that makes it easier to murder people without the guards magically knowing I did it?

futile
May 18, 2009
For helping with guards magically responding to crimes, realistic crime radius can lower the crime radius to a reasonable distance. SkyTweak has the same feature.

As for Signature Weapons...

What about making it so that when a new weapon is made the holding container of the old weapon adds one of the original item type then you remove/disable/delete the dummy weapon reference. Seems better than trying to keep a (presumably) persistent object around with information that is no longer significant. Problem is this won't work for items laying on the ground.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

That's basically what I'm doing, I was just trying to handle it inside the weapon's script so they would clean themselves if a stray one got spawned. I'll just do it for the one the player is supposed to have and blame the user if it goes wrong.

Don't horses and chickens report crimes? That could be what's making the guards know all about your murderous ways.

Cardamommy Issues
Feb 16, 2005

I've waited around for more important things
Signature weapons in New Vegas was great so good luck! I'd love to get something similar in Skyrim.

BlueInkAlchemist
Apr 17, 2012

"He's also known as 'BlueInkAlchemist'."
"Who calls him that?"
"Himself, mostly."
I've been thinking about returning to Skyrim (got the DLC tonight, starting fresh, etc), and I've been looking through the thread for some sort of mod that allows me to defeat both the Stormcloaks and the Aldmeri Dominion. Basically a sort of "conquer Skyrim" sort of arrangement. Anything like that out there, hopefully that doesn't suck?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

BlueInkAlchemist posted:

I've been looking through the thread for some sort of mod that allows me to defeat both the Stormcloaks and the Aldmeri Dominion.

Aldmeri Dominion? For fighting against the Thalmor, there are a few mods out there:
* Adal Matar the Lost Stronghold - Fight Against the Thalmor I
* The Cyrodiil Frontier - Fight Against the Thalmor II
* The Aldmeri Domain - Fight Against the Thalmor III
* The Great Talos Hunt
In addition, opposing them is also a prominent part of these two:
* Helgen Reborn
* Moonpath to Elsweyr

That said, I cannot vouch for any of them, as I haven't tried them yet.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

LtSmash posted:

I'll try the custom BOSS rules. Theoretically I should be able to run NMM through MO, and I could save load orders that way; a pain in the rear end to be sure but it sounds like I have one either way.

Oh yeah. Merged patch is first order of business every rebuild and every item mod. What did we do before TES[x]Edit?

And yes, agreed. I hope that, if Bethesda is doing Fallout 4 or TES VI, that they finally roll a new engine that isn't some 32-bit, bolted together Frankenstein abomination.

Another BOSS question: it talks about ESMs/ESPs needing cleaning, primarily in the form of dirty item edits, which I'm familiar with, but the bigger mods and DLCs also have "UDR records" that need cleaning and I'm not so sure what those are?

EDIT: NM, found out; "undeleted record" and TESVEdit has automatic tools to take care of them, everything is explained in this useful vid.

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 20, 2013

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

Signature Weapons for Skyrim seems to be in a good state and could use some testing if anyone is a cool enough dude. Please don't add it to a 300 hour save game and delete all your old files. I've left out tempering and enchanting for the moment as the skse guy is working on a much better way to handle them. It requires SKSE and skyui. Setup is through the skyui mcm.

Let me know about any bugs or ideas for new features.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
So I'm using the ENB memory boost patch and I'm getting a lot of stuttering. I've played around with the ini settings a bit and these are the settings I'm using now. I've got an i5 2500k, 8 GB of RAM and a Radeon HD 7870 (or it might be a 7850, I'm not sure) with 2 GB of RAM. I use RCRN but not any of the ENB graphical upgrades, just the performance fixes.

I found that running with ReduceSystemMemoryUsage set to True and vsynch/the fps limit enabled made the stuttering worse. Changes to VideoMemorySizeMb and ReservedMemorySizeMb didn't seem to do anything. I was able to play for about an hour or so before the stuttering got bad enough I couldn't continue. Framerates according to Fraps were never much lower than 45 or so, sometimes getting as high as 90 or 100+ in menus. Nothing was flying around or doing anything weird though.

code:
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=rcrn_d3d9.dll

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true
UseDefferedRendering=false
ForceFakeVideocard=false

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=false
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=256
VideoMemorySizeMb=1920
EnableCompression=false

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=8
EnableVSync=false
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=60.0

[INPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num /       106
KeyShowFPS=106
//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44
//enter
KeyEditor=13
//f4
KeyFreeVRAM=115

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=false
Quality=1
DesiredFPS=20.0

[ANTIALIASING]
EnableEdgeAA=false
EnableTemporalAA=false
EnableSubPixelAA=false
EnableTransparencyAA=false

[FIX]
FixGameBugs=true
FixParallaxBugs=true
FixAliasedTextures=true
IgnoreLoadingScreen=false
IgnoreInventory=true
FixSsaoWaterTransparency=true
FixSsaoHairTransparency=true
FixTintGamma=true
RemoveBlur=true
FixSubSurfaceScattering=true
FixSkyReflection=true
FixCursorVisibility=true
I also am running a shitload of mods. Here's what my current install order looks like.

Before I was using the ENB performance patch I was getting textures dropping out and turning purple or crashes to desktop after no more than 5-10 minutes. I did some research and saw it was because I was going over the 3.1 GB RAM address maximum. I really like a lot of these mods and I'd like to keep them but the game is microstuttering almost every second making it nearly unplayable.

Any ideas?

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I have the same problem and the only thing that kinda fixed it was using another ENB mod. I'm using Quietcool now and it seems stable.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

The ENB guy is one of these modmakers that puts stuff like THERE ARE NO BUGS IN THIS ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT IS YOUR OWN FAULT which I'm sure is a natural response to a million dumb questions he probably gets but that doesn't help the fact that the documentation and instructions for those settings is basically nonexistent and if you Google around you basically get conflicting reports on what line in the .ini does what and where you should set it for what specs and it's really exhausting to have to fiddle with everything and do a test to see what "seems" like the best performance in whatever specific context you happen to be in.

That tool that tells you what you should set the memory limits at is actually contrary to stuff in the readme, I think.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

epitasis posted:

The ENB guy is one of these modmakers that puts stuff like THERE ARE NO BUGS IN THIS ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT IS YOUR OWN FAULT which I'm sure is a natural response to a million dumb questions he probably gets but that doesn't help the fact that the documentation and instructions for those settings is basically nonexistent and if you Google around you basically get conflicting reports on what line in the .ini does what and where you should set it for what specs and it's really exhausting to have to fiddle with everything and do a test to see what "seems" like the best performance in whatever specific context you happen to be in.

That tool that tells you what you should set the memory limits at is actually contrary to stuff in the readme, I think.

Yeah it's very frustrating. I read about 10 different forum threads on different sites and each one seemed to have similar recommendations. Disabling vsync was a last-ditch effort and I have no clue a) why it worked and b) why it only worked for an hour.

I understand not wanting to do hours upon hours of tech support but the reason that happens is the documentation on this is so poor. "Change this line to fix bugs" is not a helpful and doesn't let people figure things out for themselves. Most of what I did was just guessing based on what the ini options are named.

The guy does great work though, I'd be really curious to see how exactly he got the stability stuff working.

Red Mundus posted:

I have the same problem and the only thing that kinda fixed it was using another ENB mod. I'm using Quietcool now and it seems stable.

That uses Climates of Tamrael right? Is it better than RCRN? If I uninstall RCRN is it going to gently caress up my save?

axeil fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Nov 21, 2013

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think the weather effects in CoT are definitely better than the RCRN ones but yeah it also fucks up all your colors so you have to get an ENB designed for it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Really quickly, did you guys set the ReservedVRAM value to an appropriate one?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Scyantific posted:

Where do you set that? The ENB ini?

futile
May 18, 2009
Well ReduceSystemMemoryUsage needs to be on or there's no reason to really even have the ENBoost patch except for I guess the small fixes. Try setting EnableProxyLibrary to false to turn off RCRN and see what happens. Also you always need to have vsync on in Skyrim.

LtSmash posted:

Signature Weapons for Skyrim seems to be in a good state and could use some testing if anyone is a cool enough dude. Please don't add it to a 300 hour save game and delete all your old files. I've left out tempering and enchanting for the moment as the skse guy is working on a much better way to handle them. It requires SKSE and skyui. Setup is through the skyui mcm.

Let me know about any bugs or ideas for new features.
I'll turn it on to test it out at the same time I'm testing out the stuff that I'm working on.

For SKSE is there anywhere that keeps a succinct list of upcoming features, or is there a github or anything of current development? I keep hearing about things coming up in the next SKSE release but can't find any further info about it other than the Bethesda forum thread which is a pain in the rear end to go through. We're like 5? months since the last release so I've always wondered how optimistic it is to rely on using upcoming features, at least in a timely manner anyways.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Red Mundus posted:

I got terrible framerates using quietcool. It looked gorgeous, but the framerate was unplayable.

I'm trying to run it now without RCRN and just using Climates of Tamriel.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Scyantific posted:

I think that's one of the "what is an appropriate value" sticking points. (I'm not playing the game at the moment.)

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

futile posted:

I'll turn it on to test it out at the same time I'm testing out the stuff that I'm working on.

For SKSE is there anywhere that keeps a succinct list of upcoming features, or is there a github or anything of current development? I keep hearing about things coming up in the next SKSE release but can't find any further info about it other than the Bethesda forum thread which is a pain in the rear end to go through. We're like 5? months since the last release so I've always wondered how optimistic it is to rely on using upcoming features, at least in a timely manner anyways.

There's not really anything but the posts from the skse team. This post has a dump from his build as of october 31. I think I've also seen one of them mention they are looking to get a new version out before too long but who knows what that actually means. If it doesn't look like anything is happening by the time I get bored I'll take a crack at the dumb hard way of doing tempering but working with enchants is not in the cards without new skse stuff.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
For seorin or anyone that's tried it, how viable is a straight up unarmed offense in SPERG? I've been using the mod since like 2.1 and have never really given unarmed a shot, but I saw Pacific Rim recently and now have an overwhelming desire to get decked out in heavy armor and punch some dragons in the face.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

It's super fun! I took a Khajiit unarmed dude up to like level 50 and never got tired of piledriving, suplexing, and chokeslamming fools who got in my way.

lunatikfringe
Jan 22, 2003

axeil posted:

So I'm using the ENB memory boost patch and I'm getting a lot of stuttering. I've played around with the ini settings a bit and these are the settings I'm using now. I've got an i5 2500k, 8 GB of RAM and a Radeon HD 7870 (or it might be a 7850, I'm not sure) with 2 GB of RAM. I use RCRN but not any of the ENB graphical upgrades, just the performance fixes.

I found that running with ReduceSystemMemoryUsage set to True and vsynch/the fps limit enabled made the stuttering worse. Changes to VideoMemorySizeMb and ReservedMemorySizeMb didn't seem to do anything. I was able to play for about an hour or so before the stuttering got bad enough I couldn't continue. Framerates according to Fraps were never much lower than 45 or so, sometimes getting as high as 90 or 100+ in menus. Nothing was flying around or doing anything weird though.

code:
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=rcrn_d3d9.dll

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true
UseDefferedRendering=false
ForceFakeVideocard=false

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=false
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=256
VideoMemorySizeMb=1920
EnableCompression=false

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=8
EnableVSync=false
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=60.0

[INPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num /       106
KeyShowFPS=106
//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44
//enter
KeyEditor=13
//f4
KeyFreeVRAM=115

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=false
Quality=1
DesiredFPS=20.0

[ANTIALIASING]
EnableEdgeAA=false
EnableTemporalAA=false
EnableSubPixelAA=false
EnableTransparencyAA=false

[FIX]
FixGameBugs=true
FixParallaxBugs=true
FixAliasedTextures=true
IgnoreLoadingScreen=false
IgnoreInventory=true
FixSsaoWaterTransparency=true
FixSsaoHairTransparency=true
FixTintGamma=true
RemoveBlur=true
FixSubSurfaceScattering=true
FixSkyReflection=true
FixCursorVisibility=true
I also am running a shitload of mods. Here's what my current install order looks like.

Before I was using the ENB performance patch I was getting textures dropping out and turning purple or crashes to desktop after no more than 5-10 minutes. I did some research and saw it was because I was going over the 3.1 GB RAM address maximum. I really like a lot of these mods and I'd like to keep them but the game is microstuttering almost every second making it nearly unplayable.

Any ideas?

At this point it might be your hard disk being a bottleneck. I used his ENB to fix the same issue and the random stuttering feels like it is disk related. Is yours SSD?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

It's super fun! I took a Khajiit unarmed dude up to like level 50 and never got tired of piledriving, suplexing, and chokeslamming fools who got in my way.

Is it viable with anything other than Khsjit?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

lunatikfringe posted:

At this point it might be your hard disk being a bottleneck. I used his ENB to fix the same issue and the random stuttering feels like it is disk related. Is yours SSD?

Yes, although my save games are on a regular hard drive. Is there a way to change where skyrim saves its games?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

axeil posted:

Is there a way to change where skyrim saves its games?

It puts them within "My Games" (or "Saved Games") which is a system directory. You can move that at the system level. In the file explorer, right-click on the "My Games" folder, click on "Properties", go to the "Location" tab, and you can transfer everything to a new location. It should be transparent for all games within.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

It puts them within "My Games" (or "Saved Games") which is a system directory. You can move that at the system level. In the file explorer, right-click on the "My Games" folder, click on "Properties", go to the "Location" tab, and you can transfer everything to a new location. It should be transparent for all games within.

Will it do this automatically for every file or just the ones currently there?

• Locked thread