Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
"Anyone but Bear" seems to be the unanimous option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I would actually be okay with Reese dying. Fusco or Carter not so much and they had better keep away from Bear! Reese dying would be a ballsy move as a lot of the series has revolved around his back story (admittedly completed) and he is the biggest name in the cast.

Honestly, the more I turn it over in my head, the less likely it seems. You're talking about a show that MADE its iconography on "The Man in the Suit." Once that's gone, you're left with Shaw assuming the role as the lead muscle, backed up in the field by Carter, with Root resuming her wild card role, and Finch and Fusco continuing on as Charlie and Bosley, respectively.

Let me be clear, I'D LOVE TO SEE THAT. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. Shahi would tear the loving roof off as the hypothetical new lead of PoI. But I don't know if CBS, whose slogan may as well be "Dapper White Men Get poo poo Done," would be okay with the main action lead of this show being replaced by a woman of Spanish and Iranian descent, and the regular cast consisting of three women and two men. Especially since the ratings aren't what they were last year.

In a few years? When execs catch on to the idea that viewers are looking for more diverse casts in their shows? This becomes a much more plausible idea. But I think CBS is, like the rest of the Big Four, a little slow on the uptake.

I'll be pleasantly surprised (and horrified) if it does turn out to be Reese, but my money's on either Carter or Fusco. Ideally, though, it'll be "no one because this entire cast is just great." So either way I'm dreading tonight's episode.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 19, 2013

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The great thing about this series is that all the characters (and the audience) are aware they are on borrowed time, and are okay with it to varying degrees.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

GrandpaPants posted:

Carter, Shaw, Root?

It is hard to explain but it seems like Reese is what keeps the show together, most of the other characters are either semi-emotionless, or very morally grey. I guess they could take the show in a different direction, but i don't think it would be as good (unless Leon takes over for Reese).

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I'm going to go with the outside bet of "nobody dies and somebody 'falling' means that they'll be out of commission for a while but not dead."
I think killing off Reese would be ratings suicide for this show.

Do we even know that whoever "falls" is going to happen this week and not next week, when the trilogy ends?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Oasx posted:

It is hard to explain but it seems like Reese is what keeps the show together, most of the other characters are either semi-emotionless, or very morally grey. I guess they could take the show in a different direction, but i don't think it would be as good (unless Leon takes over for Reese).

Ahahahahahah considering the thread's initial reaction to Cavieziel's performance.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

raditts posted:

I'm going to go with the outside bet of "nobody dies and somebody 'falling' means that they'll be out of commission for a while but not dead."
I think killing off Reese would be ratings suicide for this show.

Do we even know that whoever "falls" is going to happen this week and not next week, when the trilogy ends?

The behind the scenes video I linked seems to indicate it happens at the end of tonight's episode.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

DivisionPost posted:

Honestly, the more I turn it over in my head, the less likely it seems. You're talking about a show that MADE its iconography on "The Man in the Suit." Once that's gone, you're left with Shaw assuming the role as the lead muscle, backed up in the field by Carter, with Root resuming her wild card role, and Finch and Fusco continuing on as Charlie and Bosley, respectively.

Let me be clear, I'D LOVE TO SEE THAT. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. Shahi would tear the loving roof off as the hypothetical new lead of PoI. But I don't know if CBS, whose slogan may as well be "Dapper White Men Get poo poo Done," would be okay with the main action lead of this show being replaced by a woman of Spanish and Iranian descent, and the regular cast consisting of three women and two men. Especially since the ratings aren't what they were last year.

My money's on either Carter or Fusco. Either way I'm dreading tonight's episode.

It's a superhero show at heart so having someone continue the legacy and don on 'the suit' wouldn't be too far from the mythos.

Looking at the cast, I don't see Finch getting hit since they need someone to actually find the numbers and fund Team Irrelevant. In addition, his story and relationship with the machine is still being explored so I don't see him leaving the show until the series finale. Shaw and Root are new additions to the cast and their stories still have a while to go leaving Fusco, Carter and Reese.

We haven't seen much of Fusco this season so he seems like a red herring and I think there is more to tell with Carter's story whereas we've explored everything we can with Reese. He's resolved his issues with his former team and regained part of his humanity.

Bear is protected by his ballistic vest :3:

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

Zaggitz posted:

The behind the scenes video I linked seems to indicate it happens at the end of tonight's episode.

So part three of the trilogy would be what, avenging [x]'s (hypothetical) death? That would be interesting...

What if it's a recurring character they're referring to? Like Leon? :ohdear:

Like I said though, I can't imagine it really being Fusco because they've pointed so many arrows in the direction (this show's writers are about infinity times, give or take, better than The Blacklist's, who point too many arrows in a direction, and seem to actually actively double down on the obvious "reveal"), but also because I doubt they'd go through the trouble of finding a new cop to feed them inside info.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

If people are thinking of toxxing about this, I think I should weigh in since I managed to get a peek at them filming something last month that might or might not be relevant.

Spoilers follow but it's up for debate as to the specific meaning of what I actually was looking at: There's going to be another police funeral at the same cemetery that Beecher was buried. I saw a coffin with a flag over it and a bunch of police uniformed extras standing around it. I think it really is going to be Carter or Fusco who gets it. It could be something unrelated, but that seems like the most likely explanation to me.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I always thought "a character will fall" would mean Carter being booted from the force. I never read it as death.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'm gonna theorize that Carter fakes her death and joins team machine full time, they already established that fences have been mended with her ex and he can take care of Taylor if she needs to go completely off the grid.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

I'm gonna theorize that Carter fakes her death and joins team machine full time, they already established that fences have been mended with her ex and he can take care of Taylor if she needs to go completely off the grid.
So no actual deaths?

Reese's ensuing rampage at Carter's death would be something to behold.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

Regy Rusty posted:

If people are thinking of toxxing about this, I think I should weigh in since I managed to get a peek at them filming something last month that might or might not be relevant.

Spoilers follow but it's up for debate as to the specific meaning of what I actually was looking at: There's going to be another police funeral at the same cemetery that Beecher was buried. I saw a coffin with a flag over it and a bunch of police uniformed extras standing around it. I think it really is going to be Carter or Fusco who gets it. It could be something unrelated, but that seems like the most likely explanation to me.

Another possibility is it's for Lasky and/or Tenney

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I don't want any of the leads to die, the dynamic is too great.

That said this is a show I love and respect because it absolutely would break up the status quo with a major character death, so I'm worried. :ohdear:

Garbo
May 30, 2011
Im going to go with Root. She's not really heroic (yet), but I still keep coming back to Finch telling her that how does she know this isn't exactly where the Machine wants her to be. What if the Machine is playing the long game and has someone she can trust completely in close proximity to team irrelevant in case poo poo goes down?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Slamhound posted:

So no actual deaths?

Reese's ensuing rampage at Carter's death would be something to behold.

It would be nothing compared to Shaw's if Bear died.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.

Writer Cath posted:

It would be nothing compared to Shaw's if Bear died.

Global Thermonuclear War- IMMINENT

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

This should go without saying anyway, but avoid tumblr tonight until after the episode, spoilers have been going up for the Canadian airing.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Zaggitz posted:

Yes, this is my take, too, which is why they just did an episode showing her kicking as much rear end as Shaw or Reese.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Zaggitz posted:

This should go without saying anyway, but avoid tumblr tonight until after the episode, spoilers have been going up for the Canadian airing.

Goddamn Canadians gotta ruin everything :argh:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

beanieson posted:

Goddamn Canadians gotta ruin everything :argh:

Sometime our politeness gets the better of us :(

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Yeah the show has aired and spoilers are out. gently caress!

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
The worst part about watching the Canadian airing is I have to wait another, what, two hours before posting in this thread again.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
I'm now too on edge after this episode.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I hope you livewatchers are ready for some EMOTIONAL DEVASTATION.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Here we go.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Gonna start watching it again so I can live it with you guys.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You people in your strange northern frozen future home are scaring me. :ohdear:

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

The amount of phones being destroyed by stepping on them in the last few episodes is just comical. It's not exactly an effective way to actually break them either.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

And it begins, with a big ol' target on Reese.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Shakugan posted:

The amount of phones being destroyed by stepping on them in the last few episodes is just comical. It's not exactly an effective way to actually break them either.

Reese should be hitting them with chairs.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

I'm so nervous for tonight. I don't want anyone to die.:ohdear:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Haha who didn't see that coming. Poor dumb judge.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its funny how not even the Machine knows what John's real name is.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Shakugan posted:

It's the 2013 equivalent of destroying a computer by smashing the monitor.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Hahaha, I was hoping the commercial would come back with Reese having already kicked all their asses.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Reese is thinking exactly the same thing I was...this is just like the first time they met.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ugh the 7 train doesn't stop at Queens Plaza :goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Holy poo poo they need Roots help.

• Locked thread