Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

The Batman posted:

TeeVee 2 is a free download today.

iTunes Link

This app is slick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans

PaganGoatPants posted:

This app is slick.

I love the look and feel of TeeVee 2, but Episodes still wins for me in terms of functionality. I like how Episodes groups things into Unseen, Upcoming, and To Be Announced. Unless I am missing something TeeVee 2 doesn't do that. It sorts by the next air date. I have to scroll through my whole list to see what I've missed.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Sieg posted:

I love the look and feel of TeeVee 2, but Episodes still wins for me in terms of functionality. I like how Episodes groups things into Unseen, Upcoming, and To Be Announced. Unless I am missing something TeeVee 2 doesn't do that. It sorts by the next air date. I have to scroll through my whole list to see what I've missed.

Which "Episodes" do you use? I was using the one with the sorta TV with the check mark icon, but it pushes nothing to me any more.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

Sieg posted:

Settings -> Track Unwatched Episodes

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

benisntfunny posted:

Also the notifications are way better.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
So I'm using a generation 1 Ipad, like, the very first model, and the Netflix app has wholesale not worked for me for about 3 months now. What the gently caress? I phoned in and they basically told me to deal with it, I really miss watching poo poo on my Ipad and Netflix won't run on my computer right now. What should I do?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Nihiliste posted:

What I don't understand is why there isn't an iPad interface for Play Music. Google had plenty of extra development time, and guess which Apple products were *just* updated this month?

If it makes you feel any better, Google never bothered to make a tablet interface for the Android version of most of their apps either :downs:

I guess Gmail will kind of default into column view if your display has a certain minimum horizontal resolution, but that's the only one I can think of.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Austrian mook posted:

So I'm using a generation 1 Ipad, like, the very first model, and the Netflix app has wholesale not worked for me for about 3 months now. What the gently caress? I phoned in and they basically told me to deal with it, I really miss watching poo poo on my Ipad and Netflix won't run on my computer right now. What should I do?

It's only going to get worse. That iPad is stuck on iOS 5, right?

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Austrian mook posted:

What should I do?

Depending on where the problem with the Netflix app is, you could try deleting it from the iPad and redownloading it from the App Store and see if it gives you an older version that works.

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans

benisntfunny posted:

Yeah, I got that part, but it still doesn't keep unwatched shows at the top of the queue. It sorts them by the next air date. I have over 50 shows added to it, so that can be a long list of things to scroll through looking for shows with unwatched episodes.

cryptoclastic posted:

Which "Episodes" do you use? I was using the one with the sorta TV with the check mark icon, but it pushes nothing to me any more.

That's the one I use. They had a server issue a couple of weeks ago, but that was resolved pretty quickly.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

CaptainCaveman posted:

Depending on where the problem with the Netflix app is, you could try deleting it from the iPad and redownloading it from the App Store and see if it gives you an older version that works.

I've re-downloaded it at least 200 times now. Am I just supposed to buy a new Ipad?

:argh: APPLE!!!!

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

Austrian mook posted:

I've re-downloaded it at least 200 times now. Am I just supposed to buy a new Ipad?

:argh: APPLE!!!!

This is Apple's fault? Seems like Netflix to me.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

benisntfunny posted:

This is Apple's fault? Seems like Netflix to me.

"Let's put 256 MB of RAM in our premier tablet. That's more than enough to support our future development!" - Apple, 2010.

But yeah it is pretty lovely of Netflix to drop support already.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

PFlats posted:

"Let's put 256 MB of RAM in our premier tablet. That's more than enough to support our future development!" - Apple, 2010.

To be fair, it's a $500 computer and it's lasted 3 years. Might just be time to upgrade.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

maduin posted:

To be fair, it's a $500 computer and it's lasted 3 years. Might just be time to upgrade.

I'm talking about my Ipad. I don't have anything close to enough money to buy a new tablet when I already own a perfectly operational one. gently caress Netflix and gently caress Apple. I'd send a letter or something but nobody who matters is even going to see it let alone have it read.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Austrian mook posted:

I'm talking about my Ipad. I don't have anything close to enough money to buy a new tablet when I already own a perfectly operational one.
But it's not perfectly operational.

Sucks you got burned by being an early adopter -- should have taken the $200 from Target a couple weeks ago.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

But it's not perfectly operational.

Sucks you got burned by being an early adopter -- should have taken the $200 from Target a couple weeks ago.

Bah, I'll just have to get my computer fixed then. :sigh:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Try to restore the iPad and set it up as new

FlashBangBob
Jul 5, 2007

BLAM! Internet Found!
Blow on it three times too. And the rice! Don't forget the bag of rice!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

PFlats posted:

I'm fine with Netflix and Apple not supporting old rear end tech, sorry. Two years of support is reasonable, three is very nice of them, but let's be honest the OG iPad was extremely limited in RAM and processor power by today's standards. I held on to mine as long as I could but the past year, even before iOS 7, it was painful to use and I started to hate it.

I guess you could try jailbreaking, then finding an old version of Netflix .ipa in order to check if the problem is Netflix's newer apps or if they changed something in their servers that broke old versions. It will probably be as fun as it sounds.

In short, just get an iPad Air.

edit: Also

PFlats posted:

Can't blame them for this, tablets didn't even exist when the iPad came out. Who knew 256mb was going to be so little? people doubted that it was going to succeed.

DarkJC
Jul 6, 2010
Not to mention $500 was about half of what people thought Apple was going to charge for a tablet.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Hatch is dropping tomorrow at 9AM.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Don Tacorleone posted:

Can't blame them for this, tablets didn't even exist when the iPad came out. Who knew 256mb was going to be so little? people doubted that it was going to succeed.

The iPhone 4 came out the same year and has 512MB. Not giving the first iPad at least that much was pretty drat idiotic, 256MB was obsolete the day the thing launched.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

noirstronaut posted:

Hatch is dropping tomorrow at 9AM.
I am way too excited about this.

The Batman
Sep 11, 2001

The Dark Knight

the kawaiiest posted:

I am way too excited about this.

By the look of your avatar, I'd say your an appropriate amount of excited for this.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

It must be your iPad, man. I've been watching netflix on my g1 iPad with no problems at all. I rarely get app updates, but everything I had works

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Malloreon posted:

It must be your iPad, man. I've been watching netflix on my g1 iPad with no problems at all. I rarely get app updates, but everything I had works

Really? Huh, I'll hook it up to my computer and see if it's still got the most recent update, maybe that's the issue.

Technology argh I just want to watch Frasier!! :argh:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I wasn't kidding when I said to wipe the iPad and set it up as new.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Nut Bunnies posted:

I wasn't kidding when I said to wipe the iPad and set it up as new.

I did that like, maybe 3 weeks ago now? :negative: although that was to sync it with my new comp

snakeater
May 17, 2008

A paranoiac in reverse.
The Paprika iOS7 update convinced me to finally pick it up. Really loving it so far, particularly the timer system/detection and ingredient scaling.

Bit late to the party but it's great that it stands on it's own and isn't just a mobile companion. With the bookmarklet I don't see myself ever needing the OS X app.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

xzzy posted:

The iPhone 4 came out the same year and has 512MB. Not giving the first iPad at least that much was pretty drat idiotic, 256MB was obsolete the day the thing launched.

Yeah, it was straight-up cost cutting (and Apple had a pretty nice margin). If you opened up 2 tabs in Safari, there was a chance you'd hit memory pressure and have to reload one of them. It's not like iOS became a magical new operating system just because it was put on a 10" screen.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Hatch is out:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hatch/id718835727

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Posting about it probably belongs more in the iOS games thread.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Wait, is this basically Tamogotchi on your iPhone?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Josh Lyman posted:

Wait, is this basically Tamogotchi on your iPhone?

Pretty much, yes. It's like an updated version of what Tamagotchi would've evolved into. There is a Tamagotchi app that mimics the one-tone greenness and pixel-by-pixel look of the original, however. Ironically, it has the same name.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

noirstronaut posted:

Pretty much, yes. It's like an updated version of what Tamagotchi would've evolved into. There is a Tamagotchi app that mimics the one-tone greenness and pixel-by-pixel look of the original, however. Ironically, it has the same name.

It poops. I'm dying.

Anyway... Downcast is on sale for $1.99.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

snakeater posted:

The Paprika iOS7 update convinced me to finally pick it up. Really loving it so far, particularly the timer system/detection and ingredient scaling.

Bit late to the party but it's great that it stands on it's own and isn't just a mobile companion. With the bookmarklet I don't see myself ever needing the OS X app.

I've been using this app for a while and it's really great. My favorite feature is probably how easy it is to share recipes. Before when people asked for a recipe I always forgot, but with paprika it's so fast that I just do it straightaway if people ask.

snakeater
May 17, 2008

A paranoiac in reverse.

LPG Giant posted:

I've been using this app for a while and it's really great. My favorite feature is probably how easy it is to share recipes. Before when people asked for a recipe I always forgot, but with paprika it's so fast that I just do it straightaway if people ask.

Yep, although I never found this a problem as I printed recipes into Evernote as PDFs and just shared them from there. Formatting is nicer when run through Paprika's parser though, so there's that, and when that doesn't work the web 'clipper' to select individual elements is genius.

It looks a little basic at first glance but there are all kinds of nice (useful) touches.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

noirstronaut posted:

There is a Tamagotchi app that mimics the one-tone greenness and pixel-by-pixel look of the original, however. Ironically, it has the same name.

That was called Hatchi, I believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

101 posted:

That was called Hatchi, I believe

Looks like you're right. That illusive i wins yet again.

• Locked thread