Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tite-Dent
Oct 21, 2005
This is so addicting! Please add me: https://www.facebook.com/alphonse.thibodeau.50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
If I normally play this game on my phone, and download and play it on my ipad and sign in with the same facebook account as on my phone, will it sync up with my phone, or will it start from scratch?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

What's the best skill distribution for Thor?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

5 red / 5 yellow / 3 green is the most popular and probably overall best. 5 red / 4 yellow / 4 green is mostly as good, though. Anything other than these two choices will be much worse.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

MeramJert posted:

5 red / 5 yellow / 3 green is the most popular and probably overall best. 5 red / 4 yellow / 4 green is mostly as good, though. Anything other than these two choices will be much worse.

Yeah, that. I ended up with 5/4/4 because of the skill/cover changes a few weeks back, and it's not bad. But there are a lot of times that I needed 1 less yellow AP to beat a dude down, and very rarely do I wish my green skill were cheaper.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

MeramJert posted:

Mine is 4/5/4. Did I mess up?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Dravs posted:

Mine is 4/5/4. Did I mess up?
Kind of. Red is just really good at rank 5 because it means that you can use his red ability for 6 AP (two matches).

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Russad posted:

I got more coins than I thought I would from the Heroic Event. Now I'm sitting on 2200 coins and I'm just not sure what to do with them. I already have 30 slots in the roster, and it's a staggering 400 coins per slot right now. I guess I could get up to 35 (assuming the cost stays constant until then - if it's consistent with earlier tiers, I expect it to increase again at 35).

With the new roster changes there's no reason to have more slots than the number of characters you want. I think there's currently only 26 characters, so there's really no point going over that. With the rate of free heroic tokens, you're probably better off saving to spend on 3* powers, or the expensive packs to unlock 3* powers, or sitting on them until more characters are released.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Nov 19, 2013

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

Dravs posted:

If I normally play this game on my phone, and download and play it on my ipad and sign in with the same facebook account as on my phone, will it sync up with my phone, or will it start from scratch?

The phone and the tablet will share one server-side save, and you'll get a slight load time each time you switch because the save game is downloading.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

I just loaded up the app and there was a message about "Power Packs" but I just clicked through it as part of my standard rewards gathering click-frenzy. Anyone know what it was about?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

bubbapook posted:

I just loaded up the app and there was a message about "Power Packs" but I just clicked through it as part of my standard rewards gathering click-frenzy. Anyone know what it was about?
It's about the update, and the new look I think. If you force close and re-open it should be there again.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Weird, I just got a popup "Nice work, you were a top 75 finisher in the Thor tournament" and got a daken cover and some ISO. Maybe it's to do with that bugged Juggernaut event that I got to play a few matches in.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

WetSpink posted:

Weird, I just got a popup "Nice work, you were a top 75 finisher in the Thor tournament" and got a daken cover and some ISO. Maybe it's to do with that bugged Juggernaut event that I got to play a few matches in.

Huh. I got the same, but in my case I know I actually was a top 75 finisher and never got my prizes when the tourney ended.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
I don't know what happened, but ever since this new patch I'm finally getting a steady stream of free stuff from my fake friends. Perfect timing, Grey Widow is going to need so much goddamn ISO to reach lvl 89.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

seravid posted:

I don't know what happened, but ever since this new patch I'm finally getting a steady stream of free stuff from my fake friends. Perfect timing, Grey Widow is going to need so much goddamn ISO to reach lvl 89.

I'm seeing the opposite - my flow of free ISO has become a drip.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

seravid posted:

Likewise; I woke up in the morning with something like 15 gifts waiting for me.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
What's the ideal Modern Storm build?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Russad posted:

I'm seeing the opposite - my flow of free ISO has become a drip.

Keep in mind that many of us have a shitload of buddies now. Even when it's generous and decides to send to 25 people instead of three when I get a reward, you might have a 1-in-3 or 1-in-4 chance of being selected. When it sends to three people, good luck.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

triplexpac posted:

I like 5/3/5 because I really only try to get a lot of environment tiles in events with boosted characters and Storm isn't very helpful there anyway, but I could be way off base.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

delfin posted:

Keep in mind that many of us have a shitload of buddies now. Even when it's generous and decides to send to 25 people instead of three when I get a reward, you might have a 1-in-3 or 1-in-4 chance of being selected. When it sends to three people, good luck.

I'm just saying, I was waking up to 3K ISO and now I'm getting a couple of hundred. I had grown accustomed to a certain style of living. Basically, I need ISO alimony now.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Russad posted:

I'm just saying, I was waking up to 3K ISO and now I'm getting a couple of hundred. I had grown accustomed to a certain style of living. Basically, I need ISO alimony now.

I know that feeling :sigh: I used to be able to get a level 80 hero to 85 in a day and a half. I'm just hoping it because everyone taking a break because heroic mode was really draining and 3* tournament is god awful.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Suck it, assholes, it's our turn now :parrot:

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Mons Hubris posted:

I like 5/3/5 because I really only try to get a lot of environment tiles in events with boosted characters and Storm isn't very helpful there anyway, but I could be way off base.

I prefer 5/5/3 because I don't find the extra Hailstorm tiles all that worth it, especially when they tend to disappear fast. Storm's great strength is in clearing the board, and level 5 green and red lets her clear more of it and more often. It also tends to set up a lot of cascades which lead to more colors for other characters' powers which leads to dead enemies faster.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm actually enjoying the 3* tournament. Of course, it helps that I have some 3*s to use, but none of them are over level 60 yet, so it's not like I'm King poo poo of Whale Mountain.

My top four (Spider-Man, Doom, Widow, IM40 in varying combinations) are making me think about board combinations instead of just racing to red and yellow and splattering everything (or red-and-green when Wolverine's available). Given a board of gems, should I push purple and use Deceptive Tactics to set up criticals and then Sniper Rifle? Should I pump blue into Spider-Man for lockdown, or Technopath it into lots of black to spawn daemons? Have I got enough yellow cleared to throw some Web Bandages if I need them? If I'm clearing all this red to play keep-away from Ragnaroks and IM40s, is a Unibeam worth it or should I save it for Pistols to pop enemy Recharge tiles?

I'm trying not to get my hopes too high. I'm #2 in my bracket right now and don't see the Usual Gang of Overachievers on my bracket, but it's way too early to even think about placing. I only have to hit top 25 to put Spidey Blue at level 4, which is a major breakpoint for it, but are my mid-level guys going to stand half a chance even with boosts come Friday?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

All I have to say in the 3 star tourney is gently caress YOU SPIDERS MAN.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

I find it odd that Grey Widow has two powers involving green gems but her gem strengths are purple blue black. She's the only 3 power character I'm aware of whose gem strengths don't match the power colors.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

What's really, more than anything else, really depressing about the 3-star tourney is that the reward for 90% of the participants is loving Juggie. So basically, the guys with either no 3-stars or total scrubs get the 1-star sellbait.

edit: I take it back. Clawed to 275 for the heroic with scrub single covers, and got Bag Man. Shook it off to climb up to 500 for the second heroic cover. Bag Man again.

bubbapook fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 20, 2013

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
If it'll make you feel better, I got a Thor cover (sold because mine's maxed) and a Bag-Man.

Soon I will have a 5/3/5 Bag-Man. Soon.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hogama posted:

Huh. I got the same, but in my case I know I actually was a top 75 finisher and never got my prizes when the tourney ended.
I don't know where I finished but I put in a ticket earlier in the week about not getting a prize pop up, and I got this email an hour ago -

quote:

Hello!

We have implemented a fix that should have just sent out the missing rewards for the Thor tournament.
If you don't receive them the next time you boot up the game please let us know!
So I'd say it was a wide-spread problem.

triplexpac posted:

5 Green. Everything else is personal choice - 5R is good if you're not saving those reds for direct damage like 90% of teams are set up to do, 4R gets the cost down to two matches only, but 3R has the exact same effect and does the exact same damage as the others for 1 more AP. 3B-5B does more damage and ties up more tiles for each point and doesn't conflict with the majority of your direct damage.
I personally went 5/3/5 because if I'm spending red to clear out environment tiles for a fixed damage per tile I want lots of environment tiles at once so it's timing that matters more than cost, and most of the time - outside of triggering an exceptionally heavy cascade - it's more damage to just spend that cost directly on a Mjolnir or Repulsor Blast.

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 20, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bag-Man's great when the situation calls for him. (this is never)

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

delfin posted:

If it'll make you feel better, I got a Thor cover (sold because mine's maxed) and a Bag-Man.

Soon I will have a 5/3/5 Bag-Man. Soon.

I figured holding onto hose Thors and making a second one will save on Health Kits somewhere down the road. I think I did sell off one or two in the past, but I should have decent cover space now.

I cannot get any more three star covers for the life of me, even after two Heroic tokens. I maxed Wolverine's skills and got another Grey Magneto, but that does gently caress-all for this tournament. I have a tricolor Spidey and Model 40 Iron man that are barley worth a drat. The rest are one skill wonders. I used all my luck on the Thor Tournament, I guess. I still need another green and yellow Classic Storm, though.

I also noticed today that I got a completely new batch of 25 people to send rewards to, so hopefully it randomizes every time.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Someday the Bag-God will crush you all. You will tremble before his ridiculous might in the Bag-Man/Hawkeye/Yelena Belova only tournament.

I need to figure out what to sink ISOs into now that I have Classic Storm and Thor maxed. I've got a 5/5 Daken so that's a possibility. All my 3*s are many covers away from the cap, so throwing ISOs at a 3/1/3 Iron Man 40 or 2/2/3 Black Widow Grey seems ill advised till I get more covers. (cap on my current Widow is only 64) Currently up to 18385 ISOs and itching to burn some.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

BGrifter posted:

I need to figure out what to sink ISOs into now that I have Classic Storm and Thor maxed. I've got a 5/5 Daken so that's a possibility. All my 3*s are many covers away from the cap, so throwing ISOs at a 3/1/3 Iron Man 40 or 2/2/3 Black Widow Grey seems ill advised till I get more covers. (cap on my current Widow is only 64) Currently up to 18385 ISOs and itching to burn some.

5/5 Daken is a very handy utility option for a third slot behind Thor/CStorm, another good alternative is a 5/4 Venom (5 in Snare isn't the end of the world, but arguably the cheaper single stun is more useful, particularly if you're ever aiming for a team devour)

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Yeah I have both Daken and Venom in the high 20s, may finish off Daken for now and stockpile ISOs hoping to get a few more 3* covers down the road. I've just been a little reluctant to invest in Daken considering how I jump on any Daken/Wolverine teams I see as they tend to be easy pickings for Thor/CStorm.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

The strength of a Daken/Wolverine team is you can just grind endlessly without using any health packs.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, Daken/Wolvie/Hawkeye are the best training grind team. Gotta level them up a bit but then you can just keep going forever. (does not cover triple critical cascades.)

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

MeramJert posted:

The strength of a Daken/Wolverine team is you can just grind endlessly without using any health packs.

The same could be said with the lowbie on a stick and CStorm+Thor (most of the time), but that may happen less in coming tournaments with the boost working on HP too.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

WetSpink posted:

The same could be said with the lowbie on a stick and CStorm+Thor (most of the time), but that may happen less in coming tournaments with the boost working on HP too.

No, I've done both and it's not really the same. In these tournaments I usually find Thor will get hit at least once a battle, and after just a few battles his health is significantly lower.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I've been a Thor - Wolvie guy for a while because that way I have both staying power (focus on green, Feral Claw everything to death) and home run power via the hammer, and three solid colors for doing damage.

One of my 3* teams (IM40 / Grey Widow / Doom) is perfectly color balanced, maybe too well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thor's hammer is still wrong on his symbol.
:qq: