Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Not terribly surprising, they've already said what the problem is through an official channel. They'd generally make a thread for it too, but everyone pretty much knows whats up and that it's largely out of their hands. I don't think the forums have been up that long either. [Edit] Don't get me wrong, they should be better about staying on top of the communication here, but it's not that big of a deal from a player perspective.

[Edit] Also on the build, Quicken and Empower Healing are way more important than ITHF/GTHF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
2 tweets is not really keeping everyone up to date. Especially when they are 6 hours old.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
The thing is those 2 tweets are up to date, not to defend turbine because as I said this is the third time in the past 12 months their data center has crapped out(the first time was for nearly 4 days), but they have no control or even influence on the situation, and expecting them to post every 15 minutes saying "servers are still being worked on, no new update" isn't exactly reasonable, it certainly wouldn't be productive.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

The last is 3 hours old, the forums are back up but you can't login to them right now (hence no new posts). So that means they're finishing bringing up the forums and working on getting the servers up. Really isn't anything else they can add.

On the bright side, it gave me time to write up our current life:

quote:

Bladeforged Henshin Sorcerer

Level 8/6/6 Sorcerer/Monk/Paladin Bladeforged, Lawful Good

Stats
Str: 16 – Level ups here
Dex: 10
Con: 16
Int: 14
Wis: 6
Cha: 16

+3 tomes to con/wis, +4 to int, +5 to dex/str/cha.

Skills: Concentration, Repair, Use Magic Device, Spellcraft > Balance, Spot > Rest (1 tumble on a monk level)

Leveling Order: 1 paladin, 6 monk, 1 paladin, 8 sorcerer, 4 paladin

Feats
1: Two-Handed Fighting
2(M): Power Attack
3: Cleave, (M) Lightning Reflexes
4(M): Path of Harmonious Balance
6: Great Cleave
7(M): Toughness
9: Extend Spell
12: Improved Critical: Bludgeon
15: Master of Forms
18: Quicken
21: Overwhelming Critical
24: Improved Two-Handed Fighting(?)
26: Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting
27: Epic Damage Reduction(?)
28: Elusive Target

Spells
1: Detect Secret Doors, Protection from Evil, Jump, Expeditious Retreat
2: Blur, Knock, Resist Energy
3: Haste, Displacement
4: Dimension Door

Enhancements (may not be fully accurate)
Bladeforged: Improved Fortification, Mechanist 2, Communion of Scribing
Henshin Mystic: Up to Sounding Staff, Staff Specialization, Way of the Patient Tortoise, Fists of Iron, Contemplation, Lightning the Candle, Every Light Casts a Shadow
Eldritch Knight: Spellsword Acid & Fire, Improved Mage Armor, Item Defense 1, Martial Training, Improved Shield, Arcane Barrier 1
Ninja Spy: Sneak Attack Training 2, Agility 2, Acrobatic 2, Shadow Veil
Sacred Defender: Remainder here focusing on PRR

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 18, 2013

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
When I tested it on the TC pre u19, the 15 prr for being in earth stance from the shintao tree and the prr from paly stance did stack so you may want to look to investing 4 or so points into shintao

Ugh, that is the tier 2 ability I was thinking off, so that is an 11 point investment, a bit harder to swallow.

Fenris13 fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Nov 18, 2013

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
I felt like if I did that I should also shift AP from the glancing enhancements into Improved Power Attack and Improved Healing (RS 4th core); then I decided to move points out of Divine Healing to max out Haste Boost. Should I even bother with two handed fighting and improved critical? Maybe I should use the specialization feats to help make up for the power attack enhancements?

Can you post the Wizard version of that build, Demon?

Not_Rainbow_Horse fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 18, 2013

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah, that was originally the plan, but we couldn't make that work with the EK stuff we wanted (it'd be easier/lazier to test this if the planner was updated too), but enhancements are pretty fluid. We're looking at something like:

10 - Improved Shield
14-24 - Item
10 - Sacred Defense
15 - Durable Defense
12 - Master of Rock
15 - Standing with Stone
15 - Sireth set bonus
10 - Epic Damage Reduction feat

= 101-111 PRR = 41-43%~ reduction

Possible if we need max defense:
50 - Harbored by Light
15 - Iron Skin
= 166-176 = 52%~ reduction

[Edit]+20 PRR if we're taking extended slashing damage too[/Edit]

And then on top of that, 50% concealment from Displacement, 25% Incorporealness from Shadow Veil, 25% Dodge from Blitz, 5% physical avoid from Elusive Target.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Nov 18, 2013

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

I felt like if I did that I should also shift AP from the glancing enhancements into Improved Power Attack and Improved Healing (RS 4th core); then I decided to move points out of Divine Healing to max out Haste Boost. Should I even bother with two handed fighting and improved critical? Maybe I should use the specialization feats to help make up for the power attack enhancements?

Improved Empower Healing is pretty solid if you can fit it in. Haste Boost I'd just get the tier 1 version from LD in the end. Improved Critical is pretty drat important because it helps trigger effects as well as extra damage (such as Advancing Blows and Level Drain). The THF feats are luxury feats, if you don't have better options, then go ahead and get them. If there's something more fun or useful they're up there with Toughness for being cut. Which speaking of cutting Toughness, you could actually alter the build to grab Force of Personality at level 1 and take Two-Handed Fighting as the first monk feat and Lightning Reflexes as the third/final monk feat. Would bump your will saves up at the cost of 30~ hp that you probably don't need. Not that your saves should need help, but something to consider.

quote:

Can you post the Wizard version of that build, Demon?

Off the top of my head you'd have to give up the 4 extra paladin levels to get Wizard levels, which would give you the 2 paladin for saves as well as Sacred/Durable Defense. And then give you enough Wizard levels to be able to grab Wraith, which frees up the points sunk into the Ninja Spy tree for use elsewhere. I don't think I'd even mess with the stats really. You'd have some more feats to play with, like using a Wizard feat to get Extend and Quicken freeing up more THF feats or something.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Nov 18, 2013

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
Thanks for the input.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

You might also consider backloading the monk levels to do something like 1 paladin, 1 monk, 12 wizard, 1 paladin, 5 monk. Since the only monk feat you're using to qualify for a regular feat is Power Attack. That'll get you into the appropriate form with solid healing and good saves early on, and then quickly grabbing evasion when you take 16. Of course this has it's own problems with feat order, since you won't be able to take Master of Forms until 24. But it's something to consider playing around with.

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?

DemonMage posted:

Improved Empower Healing is pretty solid if you can fit it in. Haste Boost I'd just get the tier 1 version from LD in the end. Improved Critical is pretty drat important because it helps trigger effects as well as extra damage (such as Advancing Blows and Level Drain).
Oh wow, I hadn't looked that closely at LD, but cutting haste boost from my enhancement fixes a lot of my AP issues. Are the THF feats that minor/irrelevant in general? Or just in the posted build they're relatively unimportant and for builds that can fit in multiple glancing blows enhancements they're better? This is the first THF build I've played past level 8 or so actually, so I was basing feats off of the many twf lives I've run in the past. (Also looking at an eldritch knight build next too so the discussion above and build is very interesting.)

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

TWF feats are absolutely vital.
THF feats are nice.

They're a 10% increase in glancing blow damage per feat. You start out doing 20% of your regular weapon damage and end up doing 50% when you sink 3 feats into it.
TWF is a 20% increase in offhand proc chance per level as well as giving you more hit (less of a penalty) with the first one. So 20% offhand proc rate goes to 80% with all three feats.

You get a glancing blow on the 1st and 4th attack of your standing still attack chain. If you're moving, you don't generate glancing blows. Moving around is super common, especially in harder difficulties. If you get GTHF you also get a glancing blow on your 3rd standing still attack, so it's a pretty big bump relative to the rest of them for standing around DPS.

With Blitz your physical damage is the important part, so things that only increase the special effect proc rate (i.e. flaming vorpal etc) are significantly less useful.

Important thing to note as mentioned by Woden before, Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting as a Destiny Feat is 5% doubleattack and 10% offhand double attack, so it's worth more than Perfect Two-Handed Fighting even as a THF user.

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
Yeah, I just automatically went "oh full sequence = totally essential" because I'm so used to twf - but that might free up some feats later on. Never messed with blitz at all (just stayed in Fury on ranger lives, and my rogue is this guy I just TRed into a staff build).

Wait, wait, you mean taking perfect TWF as a two handed fighter?

edit: OH. Geez, it has no prereq? I assumed it did. Thanks. Actually hadn't looked at it again (because why would I! I have a stick). (...)

Sounds like a well thought out feat, Turbine! ;)

Noricae fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Nov 18, 2013

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Once you Blitz, you never go back. My cleric was averaging 300-400 physical damage hits last life and it insures you're at your dodge cap (unarmored it's likely 25%). Quick Overgrowth EH run. And another EE Failure (Cabal), this is why those Epic Save feats are actually pretty cool. Having a 5% chance for a spell to CC you or do massive damage is super irritating.

Blitz is irritating in some quests, and the faux-zones causing you to drop your stacks bug is super lovely, but it makes playing a melee so much drat fun.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
Dropped the glancing stuff, ITHF/GTHF, picked up what you suggested, and maxed out my power attack potential. I could drop Barb/power attack enhancements/raging crush all together to pick up blur, but then all my :black101: goes out the window.

edit: I want to play :(

code:
Rambuss Abrams V2 
Level 20 True Neutral Half-Orc Male 
(1 Barbarian / 6 Rogue / 13 Cleric) 
Hit Points: 327 
Spell Points: 654 

BAB: 14/14/19/24 
Fortitude: 17 
Reflex: 10 
Will: 12 

Starting    Feat/Enhancement 
Abilities    Base Stats    Modified Stats 
(34 Point)    (Level 1)      (Level 20) 
Strength           16                26 
Dexterity           8                12 
Constitution       16                20 
Intelligence       12                16 
Wisdom             10                14 
Charisma           14                18 

+4 Tomes Used 

Level 1 (Rogue) 
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Wizard 
Feat: (Selected) Power Attack 
Level 2 (Rogue) 
Level 3 (Cleric) 
Feat: (Selected) Cleave 
Feat: (Deity) Favored by the Silver Flame 
Level 4 (Cleric) 
Level 5 (Barbarian) 
Level 6 (Rogue) 
Feat: (Selected) Great Cleave 
Level 7 (Rogue) 
Level 8 (Rogue) 
Level 9 (Rogue) 
Feat: (Selected) Quicken Spell 
Level 10 (Cleric) 
Level 11 (Cleric) 
Level 12 (Cleric) 
Feat: (Selected) Empower Healing Spell 
Level 13 (Cleric) 
Level 14 (Cleric) 
Level 15 (Cleric) 
Feat: (Selected) Two Handed Fighting 
Level 16 (Cleric) 
Level 17 (Cleric) 
Level 18 (Cleric) 
Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Bludgeoning Weapons 
Level 19 (Cleric) 
Level 20 (Cleric) 
Enhancement: Half-Orc - Orcish Fury (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Half-Orc - Orcish Strength (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Half-Orc - Orcish Weapon Training (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Half-Orc - Stubborn (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Half-Orc - Stubborn (Rank 2) 
Enhancement: Half-Orc - Stubborn (Rank 3) 
Enhancement: Half-Orc - Improved Power Attack (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Half-Orc - Improved Power Attack (Rank 2) 
Enhancement: Half-Orc - Improved Power Attack (Rank 3) 
Enhancement: Half-Orc - Raging Crush (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Staff Control (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Staff Training (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Thief Acrobatics (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Thief Acrobatics (Rank 2) 
Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Thief Acrobatics (Rank 3) 
Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Staff Training (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Ravager (Bar) - Furious Rage (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Ravager (Bar) - Barbarian Power Attack (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Ravager (Bar) - Barbarian Power Attack (Rank 2) 
Enhancement: Ravager (Bar) - Barbarian Power Attack (Rank 3) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Healing Domain (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Pacifism (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Positive Energy Burst (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Improved Empower Healing (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Extra Turning (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Extra Turning (Rank 2) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Extra Turning (Rank 3) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Divine Cleansing (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Improved Turning (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Improved Turning (Rank 2) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Improved Turning (Rank 3) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Divine Healing (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Divine Healing (Rank 2) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Divine Healing (Rank 3) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Intense Healing (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Intense Healing (Rank 2) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Intense Healing (Rank 3) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Unyielding Sovereignty (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Martyrdom (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Endless Turning (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Endless Turning (Rank 2) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Endless Turning (Rank 3) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Positive Energy Aura (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Reactive Heal (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Smite Foe (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Warprieest (Clr) - Resilience of Battle (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Divine Might (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Divine Might (Rank 2) 
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Divine Might (Rank 3) 
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Toughness (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Wall of Steel (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Wall of Steel (Rank 2) 
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Wall of Steel (Rank 3) 

Not_Rainbow_Horse fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Nov 18, 2013

Woden
May 6, 2006
The other issue with Blitz is getting the stacks up in a full group and monsters in lower level quests not giving you stacks. At level 25 EH VoN3 is faster than EN for a blitzer because of the monster scaling, and now that I'm 27 I'll probably be faster running EE than EH. The anti grouping aspect of it really pisses me off, wizards are the worst class to group with. They wont haste you, they FoD mobs you're about to kill for charges, energy burst a group of mobs that you've just cleaved down to half health and then there's that random wail bullshit that'll always tag the mob you're beating on and no other.

Next life is going to be some sort of QP monk, PDK is busted for monk DC stuff so that's a bad move and not really digging the other races. Can't seem to find all that much synergy.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Woden posted:

and monsters in lower level quests not giving you stacks.

This is really the most stupid thing ever. Who gives a poo poo if I get Blitz stacks in a level 5 quest or a level 20 quest as fast as I do in a level 28 quest. It adds nothing positive to the game for this to be on anything (like Black Dragon gear too).

Woden
May 6, 2006
Yeah never understood it.

Also there's something off with Celestias. Either it's the huge hate gen I have or the deception procs but when mobs get blinded they run around like headless chickens and are a total PITA to kill. It's made the game really not fun, blinded mobs were fixed a while ago to be less annoying so maybe that bug is just back? Not sure.

The Sunburst also brings on a poo poo load of aggro, sometimes that's cool but on EEs rarely is this a good thing. When I play with my friend who's a Shiradi Sorc it's all good as we share the aggro pretty well but in other groups it's a nightmare where I end up doing a lot of kiting. Their damage type is also resisted by a lot of Golem type mobs like Crateos where they do almost zero damage.

Pretty underwhelmed by them, only crit buff they get is from pure NS Monks too. Would not buy again.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Login server is up, game worlds still down.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Servers are up.

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me

Woden posted:

The other issue with Blitz is getting the stacks up in a full group and monsters in lower level quests not giving you stacks. At level 25 EH VoN3 is faster than EN for a blitzer because of the monster scaling, and now that I'm 27 I'll probably be faster running EE than EH. The anti grouping aspect of it really pisses me off, wizards are the worst class to group with. They wont haste you, they FoD mobs you're about to kill for charges, energy burst a group of mobs that you've just cleaved down to half health and then there's that random wail bullshit that'll always tag the mob you're beating on and no other.

Seriously. I started soloing EH VoN3 to get to 28, because it was easier and quicker than doing it in a group. With Blitz charges I didn't have to stop except to let my merc healer rest up, but in a group? Not even worth hitting the button for, you never get the killing blows you need at the start to maintain it. It makes me want to not do anything except coast along when people start insta-killing everything - why advertise for/join a group if you know you're going to be doing that?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Rainbow wanted a Wizard version of the Bladeforged Staff Mystic, so here's a version at least:

quote:

Bladeforged Henshin Wizard

Level 12/6/2 Wizard/Monk/Paladin Bladeforged, Lawful Good

Stats
Str: 16 – Level ups here
Dex: 6-10 for 32-36pt
Con: 16
Int: 14
Wis: 6
Cha: 16

+2 str tome needed by 21 for Overwhelming Critical

Skills: Concentration, Heal, Use Magic Device > Spellcraft > Balance > Rest (1 tumble on a monk level, need int tomes to really get any decent spellcraft or balance)

Leveling Order: 1 paladin, 1 monk, 1 paladin, 12 wizard, 4 monk

Feats
1: Two-Handed Fighting
2(M): Power Attack
3: Cleave
4(W): Extend Spell
6: Insightful Reflexes
8(W): Quicken Spell
9: Great Cleave
12: Improved Two Handed Fighting
13(W): Maximize Spell
15: Improved Critical: Bludgeoning Weapons
16(M): Lightning Reflexes
17(M): Path of Harmonious Balance
18: Greater Two Handed Fighting
20(M): Toughness (or a save feat)
21: Overwhelming Critical
24: Master of Forms
26: Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting
27: Epic Damage Reduction (or an epic save feat)
28: Elusive Target

Enhancements
Pale Master: Shroud of the Wraith, Deathless Vigor, Spell Critical: Negative 4, Negative Energy Conduit, Cloak of Night, Bone Armor, Con 2, Improved Shrouding
Henshin Mystic: Up to Sounding Staff, Staff Training 4, Way of the Patient Tortoise, Fists of Iron, Contemplation, Lightning the Candle
Eldritch Knight: Spellsword Acid & Fire, Improved Mage Armor, Item Defense 1, Martial Training, Improved Shield, Arcane Barrier

Leaves you with 2 points free for whatever.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Nov 20, 2013

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
Not to sound ungrateful: I don't really want to do another PM, but I do want the Wizard life, is that still viable?

Not_Rainbow_Horse fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Nov 19, 2013

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Eh, probably. You'll have to dip into Ninja Spy for Shadow Fade and maintain that every minute when you want max defense. And then take Communion of Scribing in Bladeforged, or cast it yourself but it'll be more expensive and less powerful and subject to anti-magic, might not hurt to have both for hard situations though. And then you can grab Henshin Mystic or Eldritch Knight tier 5 (I'd go with Henshin probably). It's not bad at that point, it's just more offensively oriented and gives up the awesome laziness that is Death Aura. It'll basically play like what we're doing now with better spellcasting (when you've got the mana for it) due to Maximize and more spells.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Nov 20, 2013

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
I love Death Aura, Negative Energy Burst, and PM in general, but I'm pretty sure if I play another PM for my second life I'll burn out on the character. I'll mess around with it in game now that I have Bladeforged.

Not_Rainbow_Horse fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 20, 2013

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
My last life was a wiz stick fighter that ignored the PM stuff, but it wouldn't translated well to bladeforge unless you lr out the paladin level. If you are interested I can post it.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Oh and if you're gonna not be in undead form then Heal becomes less useful than Repair or Spellcraft.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Fenris13 posted:

My last life was a wiz stick fighter that ignored the PM stuff, but it wouldn't translated well to bladeforge unless you lr out the paladin level. If you are interested I can post it.

That would be great, thanks.

I started playing around with the builds in game and the PM Wizard version could be crazy... 72 PRR at 15 (in vamp, all the PRR stuff you can grab, and I had to manually select the forms, but that could be fixed later).

Not_Rainbow_Horse fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 20, 2013

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I had to redo this for 32 points but I think it is largely identical to the build I used last life, which was extremely strong.
Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.19.03
DDO Character Planner Home Page

Level 24 Lawful Neutral Warforged Male
(6 Monk / 3 Rogue / 11 Wizard / 4 Epic)
Hit Points: 286
Spell Points: 952

BAB: 11/11/16/21
Fortitude: 13
Reflex: 19
Will: 12

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Abilities Base Stats Modified Stats
(32 Point) (Level 1) (Level 24)
Strength 12 15
Dexterity 18 26
Constitution 16 19
Intelligence 14 17
Wisdom 6 9
Charisma 6 9

Tomes Used
+1 Tome of Strength used at level 3
+1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 3
+1 Tome of Constitution used at level 3
+1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 3
+1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 3
+1 Tome of Charisma used at level 3
+2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7
+3 Tome of Strength used at level 11
+3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 11
+3 Tome of Constitution used at level 11
+3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 11
+3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 11
+3 Tome of Charisma used at level 11

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 24)
Balance 4 12
Bluff -2 3
Concentration 3 8
Diplomacy -2 3
Disable Device n/a n/a
Haggle -2 3
Heal -2 3
Hide 4 12
Intimidate -2 3
Jump 1 6
Listen -2 3
Move Silently 4 12
Open Lock n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 2 7
Search 2 7
Spellcraft 2 7
Spot -2 3
Swim 1 6
Tumble n/a n/a
Use Magic Device n/a n/a

Level 1 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) Dodge

Level 2 (Rogue)

Level 3 (Monk)
Feat: (Selected) Cleave
Feat: (Monk Bonus) Power Attack

Level 4 (Monk)
Feat: (Monk Bonus) Mobility

Level 5 (Monk)
Feat: (Monk Path) Path of Inevitable Dominion: Fists of Darkness

Level 6 (Monk)
Feat: (Selected) Great Cleave

Level 7 (Monk)

Level 8 (Monk)
Feat: (Monk Bonus) Combat Expertise

Level 9 (Wizard)
Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Extend Spell
Feat: (Selected) Spring Attack

Level 10 (Wizard)

Level 11 (Wizard)

Level 12 (Wizard)
Feat: (Selected) Whirlwind Attack

Level 13 (Wizard)
Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Quicken Spell

Level 14 (Wizard)

Level 15 (Rogue)
Feaat: (Selected) Master of Forms

Level 16 (Wizard)

Level 17 (Wizard)

Level 18 (Wizard)
Feat: (Selected) Grandmaster of Forms

Level 19 (Wizard)
Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Mental Toughness

Level 20 (Wizard)

Level 21 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Bludgeoning Weapons

Level 22 (Epic)

Level 23 (Epic)

Level 24 (Epic)

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Why bother with grandmaster of forms? Seems like a really minor benefit for a feat slot, though not terrible or anything.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Since the build is dex based I stayed mostly in wind stance, so the extra 1 dex and 2.5% doublestrike was worth more than say the THF feat would be given how much I move around in combat.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah that makes sense, I'm generally thinking Earth which is pretty unimpressive.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I generally agree with going earth and stopping at master of forms, but for a dex build the combination of doublestrike being slightly better than crit damage, and a 6 point dex swing lured me into trying wind stance and it worked out well. I tried to keep the build I posted as close to the build I used since I know it works well, but I am sure it could easily be adapted to be strength based and stay in earth stance.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Plus for any attacks with special effects (Henshin T5, Eldritch Knight, Warpriest etc), double attack has extra value since it let's you get a nice boost to things with a "long" cooldown.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

So for those of you with long initial load times (aka you're not using a SSD) and especially those with the double load bug, go ahead and try DDO Preload and see if it helps you out.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Nov 20, 2013

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
On first use that seems to have avoided the double launch bug. I figured it was caused by excessive cache building time.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

DemonMage posted:

So for those of you with long initial load times (aka you're not using a SSD) and especially those with the double load bug, go ahead and try DDO Preload and see if it helps you out.

First time trying it works great. Even the LFM window was already ready to go when I entered the game.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
I started playing this recently, and while I'm only just about to leave the tutorial island, it's been almost pathetically easy so far with two players.

I'm gonna keep playing either way, but I wanted to know, does this game start to present a challenge to two people at some point, and if so around what level?

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Assuming you are free to play so you are probably playing on normal instead of elite, which is much harder but the difficulty does start to ramp up a little bit around level 6 or 7, and then again in the early teens. Not that DDO is ever really a "hard" game, but the tutorial island and the harbor are both meant to be very easy so new players aren't overwhelmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Depends on your builds, and the skill of the players. If you're running on Normal, it'll never be challenging. Hard can be challenging somewhere in the 5-10 range if you're new. Elite is usually starting to get there 5+. The vast majority of people can't solo Epic Elite (> level 20 quests). Epic Hard some people find kind of challenging, but for most of us it's usually the chill farm difficulty.

[Edit] Even (Heroic) Hard and Elite can be really easy if you know the quests decently. A big big difference in Hard and especially Elite is that traps can start doing some serious damage. If you can't disable, or know how to physically jump and avoid, traps then you're going to be in for a significant hurt in some quests on Elite.

DDO has a really high player skill cap, knowing the quests, how to avoid the traps, what's coming and how many resources it going to take to get to the next shrine, when to use/save a shrine, etc. It all adds up to be a pretty big difference even if running a suboptimal or poorly geared character.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 21, 2013

• Locked thread