Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

delfin posted:

I've been a Thor - Wolvie guy for a while because that way I have both staying power (focus on green, Feral Claw everything to death) and home run power via the hammer, and three solid colors for doing damage.

One of my 3* teams (IM40 / Grey Widow / Doom) is perfectly color balanced, maybe too well.

The problem with the IM40-Widow-Doom team is that for some reason, her green ability doesn't also come with strength in green tiles - so all of that green matching you do does really bad damage, even for all the crits you make. So even though there are abilities for all 6, you have a really bad color to match that you end up matching all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

vibratingsheep posted:

The problem with the IM40-Widow-Doom team is that for some reason, her green ability doesn't also come with strength in green tiles - so all of that green matching you do does really bad damage, even for all the crits you make. So even though there are abilities for all 6, you have a really bad color to match that you end up matching all the time.

True... but Sniper Rifle helps make up for mediocre damage with massive board churn. I've had times when Deceptive Tactics led to two criticals which led to Sniper Rifle which combined for enough purples to do Deceptive Tactics again.

Widow has a lot of leveling and skilling up to do yet, she may yet come into her own.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Just got a Loki from the standard draw :stare:

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
I sense some boredom at the 3 star tourney setting in, looked at the top 10 for SHIELD Training and saw several names from this thread.

vibratingsheep posted:

Think of it like clearing all that yucky green off the board to make room for some better color cascades and preventing the other team from getting greens.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
Did the tournament just lock anyone else out? I can't click back in and it's greyed out.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
It seems to be a recurring bug for many, I had it myself a couple weeks back. I force quit the app and after a little while things went back to normal.

I'll second the shield training thing, I was at 1000~ish points a week ago and ever since the 3*, I've been getting you have been attacked messages left and right. I hope I'm not going to wind up cockteased, I'm currently in the running for a brand new blue Spidey in a couple days, I'm stupidly leveling my 3*s with a few covers so that I look like more trouble than I'm worth in this tourney. Anything for the Spider-Man.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Starrett posted:

Did the tournament just lock anyone else out? I can't click back in and it's greyed out.

I'm out too. Happened after I skipped a bunch of matches looking for someone I could actually fight, so hopefully this is server problems and not some stealth skipping patch...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

All these coins and no idea what to do with them. Probably wait til a new event with specialized draws I guess. 26 slots seems like enough... so far.

I suppose I could use more Bag-Men. :v:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Am I imagining things or did the Training top out at Hawkeye before? Now you can go all the way up to 3000 points to pick up a set of Thor covers, Spider-Man covers, and Wolverine covers.

Of course once you hit 1000 points everyone has level 80 plus dudes, but if you're gonna grind money, you might as well work towards some covers.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It was always x-force Wolverine at the top at some ridiculous Training level. Training also suffers from crabbing, the highest level dudes on there are only 1500-ish.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

All these coins and no idea what to do with them. Probably wait til a new event with specialized draws I guess. 26 slots seems like enough... so far.

I suppose I could use more Bag-Men. :v:

I have 20 slots and it seems fine with the new system, maybe I could do with one or two more slots but I think everything else is instasell... Juggernaut, Hawkeye, Yelena and Bagman that is. Currently missing X-Force Wolvie and The Hood.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Dr Doom and Grey Widow have some pretty nice abilities now that I've used them for a bit. Doom's attack tiles deal ridiculously high damage and his blue skill helps you gain black AP. Grey Widow has some nice board clearing and crit setups but her skills are kinda costly.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Iron Man 40's nice for setting up Black Widow with the AP she needs. OH NO ALL THE TIMERS GOT MATCHED. :negative:

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Patch Notes - 11/19

Comic Store
- Added all currently available Covers to each default Comic Pack.
- Brought down the number of displayed Covers in each pack in the Comic Cover Store to decrease memory and processor usage.

Noice.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Time to grind for those 500 iso packs.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
So what, 90% chance for Hawkeye/Widow/Storm and 0.5% for everything else?

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Just got to thinking about if Daken is ever boosted with the new HP on boost change, I know IM35 was at 8100HP from 2700 and he caps out at level 50, so a 10k HP Daken would regen 500hp per turn from healing and heat D:

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

WetSpink posted:

Just got to thinking about if Daken is ever boosted with the new HP on boost change, I know IM35 was at 8100HP from 2700 and he caps out at level 50, so a 10k HP Daken would regen 500hp per turn from healing and heat D:

Yes but he would also lose that. As long as you could starve the board of yellows he should go down pretty quick.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Dravs posted:

Yes but he would also lose that. As long as you could starve the board of yellows he should go down pretty quick.

That's what Thor is for, spam that hammer!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Dravs posted:

Nah, when you max his heal he loses a lot less than he gains. I think in this scenario he'd lose 300 per turn if you could keep less than 6 yellow tiles on there, but he'd be gaining 500 if you had at least 6. It's often fairly difficult to clear the board of a single color so well for a sustained period of time.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Eddain posted:

So what, 90% chance for Hawkeye/Widow/Storm and 0.5% for everything else?

I just got spider man yellow in a standard pack from one of you. So not impossible.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
I gotta say, and I know many have, the 3* tourney is awful.

Maybe it's because the last few have been really kind of exciting and matches usually lasted 5-6 turns if you had wild Thor bombs popping off, but this one is just... boring. The rewards are boring, the character assortment is kinda boring, and unless you've gotten lucky or generous with buying coins, the characters the average bro are going to be fielding are pretty weak.

On a separate note, one of the biggest fixes from this patch hasn't really been mentioned. They FINALLY made it so that countdown tiles freeze if the character that created them is stunned. This makes stuns so much more helpful in PvE.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity

The Jorts of Zeus posted:

On a separate note, one of the biggest fixes from this patch hasn't really been mentioned. They FINALLY made it so that countdown tiles freeze if the character that created them is stunned. This makes stuns so much more helpful in PvE.

it was mentioned and we love it. Helps alot fighting IM40's and of course the Hammer mobs.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I've really come around on IM40. When I saw his abilities (and their costs) I was pretty sure he was terrible. But I gave him a shot when he was boosted, and now I've used him a bit when he's not boosted, and he's pretty solid. If you can keep them around, the yellow tiles are great utility. His blue does massive team damage, and the red is a solid single target hit. I've only got him in the mid 60's right now, so I don't see myself taking him over Thor. But if I can get him leveled, I would probably actually consider it.

brother-joseph
Jan 1, 2009

:lol:MARINES:lol:
Finally got my Fakebook re-activated after half a dozen failed attempts at recognizing people I've never met, and already I've gotten over 3,000 Iso from you guys. Thanks, goons!

On a related note, I had tried to give advice a while back on how to switch linked Facebook accounts. I am playing catchup on this thread and saw it didn't work for most people so I had to try it myself. Apparently they patched out the ability to un-link Facebook accounts. Fun!

Anyone actually having much luck in the 3* tournament? I'm interested to see your teams if so. With all the PVE mopped up 100% and garbage 3*s I'm basically just playing Ridiculous Fishing now until the weekend events start.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity

brother-joseph posted:

Finally got my Fakebook re-activated after half a dozen failed attempts at recognizing people I've never met, and already I've gotten over 3,000 Iso from you guys. Thanks, goons!

On a related note, I had tried to give advice a while back on how to switch linked Facebook accounts. I am playing catchup on this thread and saw it didn't work for most people so I had to try it myself. Apparently they patched out the ability to un-link Facebook accounts. Fun!

Anyone actually having much luck in the 3* tournament? I'm interested to see your teams if so. With all the PVE mopped up 100% and garbage 3*s I'm basically just playing Ridiculous Fishing now until the weekend events start.

For the 3* star tournament I am using Grey Widow Ragnarok and Spiderman to great success. Take the +3 all booster, the +3 red/yellow Booster, and the +Blue Booster. Start the round with two hits from Ragnaroks red move which generates a ton of Green gems, use Spideys ability right after to tie up 2 enemies and start mopping from there. I finish every fight at full HP.

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
I've done okay in the 3* I guess, although I haven't put much effort in yet. I was lucky enough to get a bunch of Doom covers, so i've got a lvl 69 5/2 Doom, lvl 40 4/1/1 IM40, and a lvl 28 1/2 classic Magneto.

Pretty much I go with the +3 all, blue/purple, and black/green boosts, use Doom's blue power, then get his attack tiles going soon as possible and just soak damage & get more black AP while they work.

Deathwing fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Nov 20, 2013

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

brother-joseph posted:

I'm sitting at around 750 points and unable to get much further because I get cherry-picked when I do.

Main units are Spider-Man 3/3/1 L54, Doom 5/4 L60, Widow 2/2/3 L43. If one of them gets downed and I'm low on heals IM40 5/1/3 L46 can sub in. Doom's demons are my main attack mode, so I play cat-and-mouse trying to keep reds away from Ragnaroks / IM40s and yellows away from IM40 until I can get the demons up and then lock things down with Spidey while they attack. If boards are bad for collecting black and blue, I can use Deceptive Tactics for board churn and then Sniper Rifle for cleanup work. A few webs and Web Bandages at the end when I can.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I don't know who on here has the Facebook account called Jugg Ernaut, but it gives me a chuckle every time I see it. So thanks for that.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
I forgot I was going to mention this about Gray Widow.

It makes sense that she has a low green attack value. You throw a tank in front who has a strong green attack, like a Thor, and she builds up her sniper ability out of harms way. In my opinion, Thor's green ability blows anyhow, so it's a perfect synergy.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I'm rolling with Grey Widow L71 4/3/5, Spidey L70 3/5/1, and Doom L65 4/3. Pretty much the same strategy as delfin.

Lightning rounds are up. Looks like the same as last week. It should be crazy with the HP bonuses.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Rewards are underwhelming though. I can either power through a bunch of stuff for rare, questionable covers or just chill out after my one token and wait for the next round

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
So how did you guys handle the early game, where your Collection keeps filling up and you don't have enough money to buy more slots?

Cause I'm full up right now and don't know who to drop (if anyone). My current unlevelled guys are:

Moonstone, Hawkeye Modern, Marvel Now Thor, Astonishing Wolverine

Also have the usual one star guys, Juggernaut, Venom, etc.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Lightning rounds are an ISO factory even if you don't intend on placing.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

triplexpac posted:

So how did you guys handle the early game, where your Collection keeps filling up and you don't have enough money to buy more slots?

Cause I'm full up right now and don't know who to drop (if anyone). My current unlevelled guys are:

Buy more cover slots, grind up the hero points from available missions in the prologue. Keep Thor for sure, he's basically the backbone of some teams that are easy to use.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

triplexpac posted:

Always (ALWAYS) keep hero points to expand your cover space, do that whenever you get enough to do so til you have at least 20 spaces. Sell classic hawkeye, yelena, venom, juggernauts, bagman covers instead of keeping them. You can always get more later when you have space. Spend ISO on levelling up your ironman, he's very useful early on.

And you can redo the PVE missions to get the rewards once each (though no guarantee of getting them in 4 attempts). So redo all the ones that give out hero points

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Hahahaha gently caress this. New lightning round guide:

10 IF (YOU DO NOT HAVE A LEVELED RAGNAROK) GOTO 50
20 FIGHT AND WIN
30 GOTO 20

50 END

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

delfin posted:

Hahahaha gently caress this. New lightning round guide:

10 IF (YOU DO NOT HAVE A LEVELED RAGNAROK) GOTO 50
20 FIGHT AND WIN
30 GOTO 20

50 END

Seriously this. I have a single red cover Ragnarok, and I'm strongly considering dumping all the hero points I've saved up to get him a couple skill levels.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Totally forgot that the villains all get boosts even outside of a tournament specific to them. Guess I'll just go gently caress myself while my dudes recover from that 11K HP Ragnarok.

EDIT - Haha, and I got him down to about 4K before I died, but when I look at the rematch, he's back at full health. NOPE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

My Ragnarok is green. :negative: