Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
leg bones
Jan 14, 2011

co-dependent villain
I made a gif. I am not good at that. I'm the Jack. Batman is mesmerizing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
The maker of the Skyrim Dragonbone Armor posted pics of its construction.

eviljimmy
Nov 16, 2006

It's time for people to stop thinking they are entitled to everything and work for it
Not a photo but this is fantastically put together and shows everyone off really well (that Xena is perfect):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FviLQ-PJTb0

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

eviljimmy posted:

Not a photo but this is fantastically put together and shows everyone off really well (that Xena is perfect):

I was about to say that the person at 1:25 is a killer Lena Headey, but now I honestly can't tell if it's actually Lena Headey :tinfoil:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lena Headey can't afford to go to conventions.

Killer_Frost
Nov 30, 2011

I hit my nephew yet I don't hesitate to judge other people's parenting skills.
PS MY BABY CAROLINE CAN NEVER SHARE A LAP WITH BALLS. Lol

Hakkesshu posted:

I was about to say that the person at 1:25 is a killer Lena Headey, but now I honestly can't tell if it's actually Lena Headey :tinfoil:

That actually is her. I know some of the Judges who were at that con, they got pictures with her, same yellow dress... I'll have to see if I can track them down.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Hakkesshu posted:

She is in the credits of the video.

eviljimmy
Nov 16, 2006

It's time for people to stop thinking they are entitled to everything and work for it
David Hasselhoff, Danny Glover, Lena Headey, Jason Momoa (guy swinging the sword, hard to tell), Amanda Tapping, Eve Myles, Kristian Nairn (Hodor on the throne), Kristanna Loken.

Another one by the same guys, not as good but still great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJsfrkzGwBA

Best bit is at 1:08

Song is Superhero by Tim McMorris

eviljimmy has a new favorite as of 02:46 on Nov 20, 2013

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Not necessarily about the cosplay itself but the video of that series fro the London Film & Comic Con is probably the best one that's been done so far. The song choice is great, and the editing is fantastic. The part where it goes from the Dr. Who angel thing to the Ghostbusters is done really well. Awesome editing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBpBNr6tj8Y

Kitty Burger
May 23, 2005
Mmm, taste like kitty...

Obscure videogame enemies make for interesting cosplay. I miss playing STALKER. :(

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Macaluso posted:

Not necessarily about the cosplay itself but the video of that series fro the London Film & Comic Con is probably the best one that's been done so far. The song choice is great, and the editing is fantastic. The part where it goes from the Dr. Who angel thing to the Ghostbusters is done really well. Awesome editing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBpBNr6tj8Y

OK, that Doc Ock at about 2:26 is loving great.

Verloc
Feb 15, 2001

Note to self: Posting 'lulz' is not a good idea.

Kitty Burger posted:

Obscure videogame enemies make for interesting cosplay. I miss playing STALKER. :(
:gonk: loving snorks were terrifying despite the ridiculous name.

KoB
May 1, 2009

eviljimmy posted:

Guy as Axel Foley was great.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

CzarChasm posted:

OK, that Doc Ock at about 2:26 is loving great.

Wanted to post this. I worked at an elementary school doing IT and library stuff around the time Spider-man 2 came out, and I wanted to build a Doc Ock for the 300 kids who would unquestionably be spidey that year. The foam segments are brilliant, I think Adam Savage made one this way for Patton Oscorp Oswalt.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That video was fantastic. Where are all the fat cosplayers?

Edit: This dude makes some entertaining poo poo, I've watched 4 or 5 of his videos now.

Rhyno has a new favorite as of 08:25 on Nov 20, 2013

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Out of everything in that video, all the really technical and creative stuff, my favorite was the end with Tina from Bob's Burgers.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe it's just me but these all look so awful ugh. They just look like she just threw stuff together without making sure it looked good or making sure it fit her well or making sure to do her makeup correctly.

Skipopatomus
Aug 30, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne simply duplicated the event.

I couldn't help myself

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
I'm, uh, pretty sure that's not how Bodysliding works, Wade.

Skipopatomus
Aug 30, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne simply duplicated the event.

it works like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWzZlEiyCe0

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

404GoonNotFound posted:

I'm, uh, pretty sure that's not how Bodysliding works, Wade.

Well then he shouldn't have gotten his lessons from Spider-Man.

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!

FirstAidKite posted:

Maybe it's just me but these all look so awful ugh. They just look like she just threw stuff together without making sure it looked good or making sure it fit her well or making sure to do her makeup correctly.

Maybe I'm missing something where this lady is receiving heaps of undue praise and fame, but what's it to you if someone makes an amateur attempt at cosplay and enjoys what they're doing? If she's not here solely to try to impress you, what's the problem if she's enjoying herself? Way to attack this woman for apparently no reason.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Rhyno posted:

Edit: This dude makes some entertaining poo poo, I've watched 4 or 5 of his videos now.

There are some really clever costumes in all of them, the lineup of different era assassin's (some designed better then official ones) and comic-style Batman:TaS characters come to mind.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Visual Sneeze posted:

Maybe I'm missing something where this lady is receiving heaps of undue praise and fame, but what's it to you if someone makes an amateur attempt at cosplay and enjoys what they're doing? If she's not here solely to try to impress you, what's the problem if she's enjoying herself? Way to attack this woman for apparently no reason.

Relax dude, all I said was I didn't like her costumes. There's no issue of her enjoying herself while cosplaying, but I still think her costumes look bad. No need to get a bug up your rear end about it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

FirstAidKite posted:

Those are all terrible photos (apart from the Vivaldi from Alice in the Land of Hearts at the bottom which is passable) so on the one hand I'd say it was unfair to judge her costumes from this crappy montage but on the other hand it looks like she selected all those shots and made the montage herself for her Facebook page so I guess she felt they were accurate representations of her efforts so judge away. :v:

Her online name is Alanaleilani if anyone wants to check out more of her stuff.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 18:03 on Nov 23, 2013

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
The top middle one is probably the only one that's out and out badly done, so if I had to wager a guess, I'd just assume that Firstaidkite doesn't like fat chicks.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Choco1980 posted:

The top middle one is probably the only one that's out and out badly done

That's supposed to be a super skrull costume :effort:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Then the rightmost one is Navi, right?
Without the bubble I would never be able to guess it.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:

Is that one on the right supposed to be Navi? If so she could have at least put a little bit of effort in and made sure she was on the correct side of the speech bubble so it actually looks like she's saying it. Rather than someone off camera. I guess the alternative take is she's posing like she's listening, but she's too busy staring into the camera to make that seem natural. :crossarms:

Welp, Cosplay is over, we ain't getting any better than that :swoon:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Those are all terrible photos (apart from the Vivaldi from Alice in the Land of Hearts at the bottom which is passable) so on the one hand I'd say it was unfair to judge her costumes from this crappy montage but on the other hand it looks like she selected all those shots and made the montage herself for her Facebook page so I guess she felt they were accurate representations of her efforts so judge away. :v:

Her online name is Alanaleilani if anyone wants to check out more of her stuff.

Yeah, I just grabbed the montage thing since that's what showed up on my facebook page.

Choco1980 posted:

The top middle one is probably the only one that's out and out badly done, so if I had to wager a guess, I'd just assume that Firstaidkite doesn't like fat chicks.

I never said anything about her weight. I just think that those are some badly designed costumes. Except what I'm assuming is an alice in wonderland type thing which is okay but the flame princess outfit just looks awful.

The hairpiece in particular I don't like. This has nothing to do with her body shape or anything.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That's supposed to be a super skrull costume :effort:

That doesn't even vaguely look like anything related to a Skrull. Here's a good Super Skrull for reference.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

FirstAidKite posted:

Yeah, I just grabbed the montage thing since that's what showed up on my facebook page.

I never said anything about her weight. I just think that those are some badly designed costumes. Except what I'm assuming is an alice in wonderland type thing which is okay but the flame princess outfit just looks awful.

The hairpiece in particular I don't like. This has nothing to do with her body shape or anything.

What is the point of posting one person whose stuff you don't like? It doesn't contribute anything to the conversation that's interesting. There are thousands and thousands of amazing costumes out there in the world that you could find, so why not post something that you think is good instead of giving this lady the unsolicited and unconstructive criticism of "UGH I HATE IT"? Or else go make a PYF least favorite costume thread of something.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So where the gently caress were you all when cosplay was getting ripped on earlier.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
How abouts we shut the gently caress up about one cosplay that a guy doesn't like, and keep the loving thread going? Here's a classic:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Some crazy warhammer fan built that turret

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Xun posted:

Some crazy warhammer fan built that turret

But the Elysians are drop troopers. Why would they need a fixed position Hydra Flak Turret?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Arcsquad12 posted:

But the Elysians are drop troopers. Why would they need a fixed position Hydra Flak Turret?

Some times they need to be dropped into an area and hold until reinforcements arrive. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

McPantserton posted:

Or else go make a PYF least favorite costume thread of something.

Or perhaps even post it in the pre-existing PYF horrible costumes thread

• Locked thread