Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Shakugan posted:

I gotta say I'm really annoyed that network execs have essentially forced Arrow to move from relative realism to having superpowers because they wanted a low risk backdoor pilot for Flash. Especially now that it isn't even happening anymore, but the damage is done. Actual superpowers are so overdone, and it's a real shame that Arrow is heading in that direction.

Why do you assume the network executives are the ones who forced in superpowers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Network execs? Maybe trying DC trying to unify their TV/movie characters together so they don't confuse people when they try to match Marvel. I doubt all the chatter that Superman 2 is going to turn into Justice League because people think they are going to put Amell and the new TV Flash into the movie so they don't have to recast someone. But it would be the easiest move.

Yeah SHIELD is kinda poopy but they have the movies to fall back on and everyone knows the goddamn Marvel movies.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

In another news, Amell just posted this on his FB

Hopefully a goatee isn't far :allears:

It's loving glorious.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Deakul posted:

It's loving glorious.

Still not quite as good as the black driver poster though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sober posted:

Network execs? Maybe trying DC trying to unify their TV/movie characters together so they don't confuse people when they try to match Marvel.

Or how about the show writers actually want to expand their universe? Imagine that :aaaaa:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That mask just made my day. Maybe he'll sport a fake beard with it to complete the look?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Oh drat! There's been new casting info, but the headline is a spoiler, and I don't know how to attach a url to a sentence the Awful app. Look on IGN if you don't mind spoilers - it's another Spartacus alum! Hope you all loved Mira like me...

BreakAtmo fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Nov 20, 2013

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Here you go. HUGE casting spoiler:

http://tinyurl.com/mak8uax

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
GoonApp you say.... done and done.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Teek posted:

:doh: I cannot believe I didn't think of this. Thanks.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Teek posted:

gently caress, why the hell isn't Liam McIntyre or Dustin Clare on this show yet?! I'm 100% all for Arrow being the Spartacus actor refugee haven.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

teagone posted:

gently caress, why the hell isn't Liam McIntyre or Dustin Clare on this show yet?! I'm 100% all for Arrow being the Spartacus actor refugee haven.

Since Liam didn't get to be Batman, he can go with the other option: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Catman

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

teagone posted:

One of them will be Hal Jordan.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

teagone posted:

or Antonio Te Maioha. :)

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Holy hell, that's fantastic casting news. It also allows me to recommend http://www.dccomics.com/graphic-novels/batman-death-and-the-maidens

Reasons to check it out - Greg Rucka was a crime writer (his novels are well worth your time too) who ended up writing for DC starting in the late 90s. He's pretty much my favorite comic book writer ever; he actually writes dialogue that sounds realistic instead of the stilted prose that shows up in most DC and marvel titles. His first graphic novel was a murder mystery set in the arctic; his most critically acclaimed comic series was basically Law and Order: Gotham, focusing on what it'd be like to be a detective or beat cop in a world where guys like Mr Freeze and Firefly hang out together.

And Death and The Maidens was meant to be another big push forward - moving Batman into a new phase with the character, and putting certain demons to bed (literal, figurative, you name it).

Of course, DC ignored all of that and mistreated Rucka so bad that he's pretty much sworn never to work for the company again.

Nyssa was intended, from the ground up, to replace Rha's place in Batman's rogues gallery. Her origin story is unbelievably harsh. She's the sort of character who instantly popped, oozing with potential.

And then some other writer decided to ressurrect Rhas Al Ghul (probably on editorial fiat) so Nyssa was killed off in the most anticlimactic way possible. This is like getting a do-over in the most awesome way possible.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Rucka was all set to start working on a new Batman series but his schedule is too busy right now.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

teagone posted:

Spartacus alumni are the hot new feeder pool for the CW, just like Deadwood has been for F/X shows for the past few years.

Best part of The Flash moving away from the Arrow show is we can cast off it's discussions in this thread soon and not worry about it throwing things out of wack for Arrow for very long.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Dead Snoopy posted:

Spartacus alumni are the hot new feeder pool for the CW, just like Deadwood has been for F/X shows for the past few years.

Really it's Australia and New Zealand. You've got the H20 girls in The Originals, Adelaide Kane in Reign and several others.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Boogaleeboo posted:

A dude that can run faster than light speed is infinitely easier to accept than a rich man that thinks the best way to solve social problems is to shoot people in the heart with arrows.

I'm just going to stop you right there...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dead Snoopy posted:

Best part of The Flash moving away from the Arrow show is we can cast off it's discussions in this thread soon and not worry about it throwing things out of wack for Arrow for very long.

The Flash is still going to exist in Arrow's universe even if we don't see him in costume this season.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Jesus, that's actually a great casting choice.
And yeah, I'm all for this show being the Spartacus cast sanctuary until they get called into the space show the guy was in talks over.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Where's Peter Mensah, already?!? :colbert:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Phylodox posted:

Where's Peter Mensah, already?!? :colbert:

Walter's got an older brother who just spent 5 years in- oh you get what I mean.

Taliaquin
Dec 13, 2009

Turtle flu

Narcissus1916 posted:

Holy hell, that's fantastic casting news. It also allows me to recommend http://www.dccomics.com/graphic-novels/batman-death-and-the-maidens

Reasons to check it out - Greg Rucka was a crime writer (his novels are well worth your time too) who ended up writing for DC starting in the late 90s. He's pretty much my favorite comic book writer ever; he actually writes dialogue that sounds realistic instead of the stilted prose that shows up in most DC and marvel titles. His first graphic novel was a murder mystery set in the arctic; his most critically acclaimed comic series was basically Law and Order: Gotham, focusing on what it'd be like to be a detective or beat cop in a world where guys like Mr Freeze and Firefly hang out together.

And Death and The Maidens was meant to be another big push forward - moving Batman into a new phase with the character, and putting certain demons to bed (literal, figurative, you name it).

Of course, DC ignored all of that and mistreated Rucka so bad that he's pretty much sworn never to work for the company again.

Nyssa was intended, from the ground up, to replace Rha's place in Batman's rogues gallery. Her origin story is unbelievably harsh. She's the sort of character who instantly popped, oozing with potential.

And then some other writer decided to ressurrect Rhas Al Ghul (probably on editorial fiat) so Nyssa was killed off in the most anticlimactic way possible. This is like getting a do-over in the most awesome way possible.

According to Rucka, you're right about the fiat. They seriously killed Nyssa for that resurrection because someone at DC didn't like her and handed down the order for someone to just get rid of her.

One of my favorite characters right there, so I'm going to start watching Arrow now.

Death and the Maidens should always be recommended (even though I don't like the art).

EDIT: Let me just say that I never would have expected this, and I really hope someone at DC is making GBS threads themselves over it. :toot:

Taliaquin fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Nov 20, 2013

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Taliaquin posted:

According to Rucka, you're right about the fiat. They seriously killed Nyssa for that resurrection because someone at DC didn't like her and handed down the order for someone to just get rid of her.

One of my favorite characters right there, so I'm going to start watching Arrow now.

Death and the Maidens should always be recommended (even though I don't like the art).

EDIT: Let me just say that I never would have expected this, and I really hope someone at DC is making GBS threads themselves over it. :toot:

The worst part about it? She didn't even get a proper death. She effectively died off camera when she gets into a car that Cassandra Caine had rigged to explode. And it's done in such a way that you figure it is a double bluff designed to allow Nyssa to come back later or to have faked her death. But nope, that was supposed to have been her death. Of course this was during the horrible phase where Cassandra Caine was evil....'cause.

Man the knowledge that they are using obscure 90's Bat characters like Nyssa, leads me to hope we might get David Caine as an adversary in the series.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

The Question IRL posted:

The worst part about it? She didn't even get a proper death. She effectively died off camera when she gets into a car that Cassandra Caine had rigged to explode. And it's done in such a way that you figure it is a double bluff designed to allow Nyssa to come back later or to have faked her death. But nope, that was supposed to have been her death. Of course this was during the horrible phase where Cassandra Caine was evil....'cause.

Man the knowledge that they are using obscure 90's Bat characters like Nyssa, leads me to hope we might get David Caine as an adversary in the series.

David Caine in Batman was only interesting because of his dynamic with Batgirl. Otherwise he's just Deathstroke/Deadshot/random assassin extraordinaire. Ollie has already had his mentor - although who knows what Russian dude helped train him once he was off the island, and and unless Laurel gets some magical Master Assassin to train her that she's also willing to bend her incredibly odd moral compass for, I doubt a Caine parallel could be shoe-horned in.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 21, 2013

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Last night, Amell promised to do a thing if a post got 5,000 shares. (He then said he was going to do it regardless, but we got him the 5,000 shares).
And here it is:
Stephen Amell and one of his co-stars talk about State vs Queen

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Senerio posted:

Last night, Amell promised to do a thing if a post got 5,000 shares. (He then said he was going to do it regardless, but we got him the 5,000 shares).
And here it is:
Stephen Amell and one of his co-stars talk about State vs Queen

Even the other actor doesn't like Laurel. Haha. Yessssss.

It's weird but it seems like a lot of the other actors are really uncomfortable or awkward when they're just recording little facebook videos and stuff. Are they just that unpersonal, or do they feel hobbled by some hidden PR lawyer whispering what they can or can't say? At least Amell seems like a very personal dude.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Nov 21, 2013

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Teek posted:

I have no idea who that is, but incredibly psyched about the character.

edit: Of course that's how the Dollmaker escaped.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Does Diggle have the H.I.V.?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its kind of hilarious how button down and staid Seth Gabel was on Fringe and how extremely hammy he is here.

Also looks like Vertigo has poisoned the flu vaccine supply in the city.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.
Anyone remember who the guy that the count gave the keys to was? I remember him from Season 1 but that's all I can come up with.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

fallin1 posted:

Anyone remember who the guy that the count gave the keys to was? I remember him from Season 1 but that's all I can come up with.

That was the Dollmaker.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

fallin1 posted:

It was the dollmaker. Dammit to slow.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

muscles like this? posted:

Its kind of hilarious how button down and staid Seth Gabel was on Fringe and how extremely hammy he is here.

Also looks like Vertigo has poisoned the flu vaccine supply in the city.

NOW that other gang should be stealing it. Poor timing, if you ask me. Could've saved the city.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Drifter posted:

Even the other actor doesn't like Laurel. Haha. Yessssss.

It's weird but it seems like a lot of the other actors are really uncomfortable or awkward when they're just recording little facebook videos and stuff. Are they just that unpersonal, or do they feel hobbled by some hidden PR lawyer whispering what they can or can't say? At least Amell seems like a very personal dude.

You do realize that they were acting in that video, do you?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV › Arrow Season 2: "I'm Count Vertigo and I approve this high!"

Make it happen.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Couldn't Laurel get thrown out for conflict of interest due to being involved with Oliver during that time?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Boxing gloves + Arrow = Endless Possibilities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
AWESOME, Roy's teaching her how to fight! Away we go!

• Locked thread